Why can't men...

Jump to newest

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

...pack suitcases?!

Him: I shall pack the suitcase for me & Small One

Me: Good luck!

Him 5 min later: Does not compute. These things will not all go in *that* cabin bag sized case. We're doomed!

Me: Hold my beer*

5 min later: All items packed in said case, with a few little spaces for random things we've probably forgotten and will remember at 06:00

Every. Single. Time. We. Travel. Together! And this is someone who used to work offshore and could bring one duffel bag, 10kg max, including boots, hard hat and overalls, for 3-4, sometimes 6 week stints!!

*Okay, it was tea

And before anyone says it, #NotAllMen

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"...pack suitcases?!

Him 5 min later: Does not compute. These things will not all go in *that* cabin bag sized case. We're doomed!

5 min later: All items packed in said case, with a few little spaces for random things we've probably forgotten and will remember at 06:00

Every. Single. Time. We. Travel. Together! And this is someone who used to work offshore and could bring one duffel bag, 10kg max, including boots, hard hat and overalls, for 3-4, sometimes 6 week stints!!

*Okay, it was tea

And before anyone says it, #NotAllMen "

Do you fold or roll?

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’ll admit that I am utterly useless at packing

Pack a suitcase? Hell no - I’ll need a transit van to get these items in

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Offshore has its own laundry only need 3 days of clothing

over a year ago

"...pack suitcases?!

*Okay, it was tea

We do this perfectly as well as everything else

over a year ago

North West

"...pack suitcases?!

*Okay, it was tea

Do you fold or roll? "

Roll. Tightly though

over a year ago

North West

Another thing. Why are men's shorts so bulky?? He's a slim guy, yet his shorts take up way more space than my shorts (and I'm comparing my knee length denim with his cargo ones, not taking hot pants!)

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

At least he actually offered

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

I squaddie pack. Takes me 5 minutes and I’m good for a week.

over a year ago

North West

"At least he actually offered "

They were his clothes

Mine had already been beautifully rolled and coerced into the Wheely case that clips onto the wheelchair

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Another thing. Why are men's shorts so bulky?? He's a slim guy, yet his shorts take up way more space than my shorts (and I'm comparing my knee length denim with his cargo ones, not taking hot pants!)

"

It's the pockets

over a year ago

North West

"Another thing. Why are men's shorts so bulky?? He's a slim guy, yet his shorts take up way more space than my shorts (and I'm comparing my knee length denim with his cargo ones, not taking hot pants!)

It's the pockets"

They need to ditch the pockets then

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
over a year ago

Norwich

There is a story attributed to Steve Jobs about when he wanted his designers to make the iPhone smaller, and they insisted that they couldn’t, he threw it in a fish tank and when bubbles came out he said, there is your space to make it smaller…

over a year ago

"...pack suitcases?!

*Okay, it was tea

Do you fold or roll?

Roll. Tightly though "

Stand it up, put it against a wall, undo the zip, and fold. Then place it in the bottom, and pile on top. Youtube it if you need clarity!

over a year ago

They either pack far too much or like 2 outfits. There’s no in between

over a year ago

North West

"...pack suitcases?!

*Okay, it was tea

Do you fold or roll?

Roll. Tightly though

Stand it up, put it against a wall, undo the zip, and fold. Then place it in the bottom, and pile on top. Youtube it if you need clarity!

"

Will try that next time, because now we have 2x cabin bags with tightly rolled clothing all ready to go! We went to Tenerife for 2wks over Christmas and New Year, 3 of us, hand luggage only. I'm damned if I'm paying £60 each way EXTRA to put a suitcase in the hold, for someone to leave behind in Manchester!

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"...pack suitcases?!

*Okay, it was tea

It’s because we only ever take one set of clothes and a washkit. We are travelling masters until (not all) women get involved

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Ok suitcase story. My wife packs a suitcase. Weighs a tonne I mean like the handle snaps off as you try and lift it.

Inside it's filled with tinned spaghetti because our daughter likes Heinz spaghetti and apparently we may not be able to get that in Spain

So I explain that this may not be the most rational idea she has ever had and she throws a tin of spaghetti at my head. I dodge it, it breaks the TV.

So I packed the suitcases after that. It's not that hard it's not rocket appliances.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Ok suitcase story. My wife packs a suitcase. Weighs a tonne I mean like the handle snaps off as you try and lift it.

Inside it's filled with tinned spaghetti because our daughter likes Heinz spaghetti and apparently we may not be able to get that in Spain

So I explain that this may not be the most rational idea she has ever had and she throws a tin of spaghetti at my head. I dodge it, it breaks the TV.

So I packed the suitcases after that. It's not that hard it's not rocket appliances."

It was so sweet of her to make sure your dodge reflexes were still good.

I like her

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Ok suitcase story. My wife packs a suitcase. Weighs a tonne I mean like the handle snaps off as you try and lift it.

So I packed the suitcases after that. It's not that hard it's not rocket appliances.

I like her "

I’m surprised you had to dodge it at all!!

over a year ago

North West

"There is a story attributed to Steve Jobs about when he wanted his designers to make the iPhone smaller, and they insisted that they couldn’t, he threw it in a fish tank and when bubbles came out he said, there is your space to make it smaller…"

I have considered trying to extract the air molecules from within the cases, so more will fit

over a year ago

My dad was great at packing the suitcase, it was my mother who was terrible at it. I took after dad and packed this same way and still had space for any extras to bring home from holiday x

over a year ago

North West

My Dad's version of packing is to take one of everything, chuck it in a holdall and declare the job's a good 'un. Then proceeds to wash his socks and undies in the sink/bidet every day

By *urchoicenowCouple
over a year ago

Ashford

It's a ruse.

We pretend we can't do it so we don't have to.

Sorry guys

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Definitely #notallmen - I consider this one of my few key skills. That and loading a dishwasher.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I like her

I’m surprised you had to dodge it at all!! "

I like that!

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Spare a thought for poor me.

I have to very tactfully pack my beautiful penis into ladies far too small crevice’s all the bloody time.

If anyone is an expert on using all the space available it’s the male in this particular couple

over a year ago

North West

"Definitely #notallmen - I consider this one of my few key skills. That and loading a dishwasher."

Mr KC is ace at dishwasher stacking. He's also immense at wheelchair maintenance/cobbling together and applying nail varnish for our daughter. I'm absolutely useless at the latter

over a year ago

"My Dad's version of packing is to take one of everything, chuck it in a holdall and declare the job's a good 'un. Then proceeds to wash his socks and undies in the sink/bidet every day "

Men don't wash their keks!!

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Definitely #notallmen - I consider this one of my few key skills. That and loading a dishwasher.

Mr KC is ace at dishwasher stacking. He's also immense at wheelchair maintenance/cobbling together and applying nail varnish for our daughter. I'm absolutely useless at the latter "

Interesting. I thought they were complementary skills!

As for any mechanical maintenance, I'm out!

over a year ago

North West

"Definitely #notallmen - I consider this one of my few key skills. That and loading a dishwasher.

Mr KC is ace at dishwasher stacking. He's also immense at wheelchair maintenance/cobbling together and applying nail varnish for our daughter. I'm absolutely useless at the latter

Interesting. I thought they were complementary skills!

As for any mechanical maintenance, I'm out!"

As I type, he's dealing with my uneven inflation situation so I can whizz unimpeded through the airport

over a year ago

North West

"Spare a thought for poor me.

I have to very tactfully pack my beautiful penis into ladies far too small crevice’s all the bloody time.

If anyone is an expert on using all the space available it’s the male in this particular couple "

This does sound very difficult, Sam. Have you considered finding a woman with a cavernous cavern for you to play hide the sausage?

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

If anyone is an expert on using all the space available it’s the male in this particular couple

This does sound very difficult, Sam. Have you considered finding a woman with a cavernous cavern for you to play hide the sausage? "

I have.

It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack

over a year ago

North West

This does sound very difficult, Sam. Have you considered finding a woman with a cavernous cavern for you to play hide the sausage?

I have.

It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack "

Try a shaven haven, less to lose it in

By *rucey_BigBallsMan
over a year ago

London

Oh if theres one thing I'm good at it's packing shit in and really giving it a good HMPPH ya know to really get it all up in there

By *amesBeelzebubMan
over a year ago

norwich

Because when customs stop mecand ask if i packed the case myself I say no. SHE DID!!!

Then they take HER for a rectal examination

By *akeuslaugh1994Man
over a year ago

Belfast

Sound like he's doing it right lastminute.com

By *akeuslaugh1994Man
over a year ago

Belfast

Genius.

over a year ago

North West

"Sound like he's doing it right lastminute.com "

We both packed tonight for a tomorrow trip. It doesn't take long to pack for a 3 day thing, let's be honest. We're just too tight to pay for hold baggage so it's hand luggage or bust!

over a year ago

"Sound like he's doing it right lastminute.com

We both packed tonight for a tomorrow trip. It doesn't take long to pack for a 3 day thing, let's be honest. We're just too tight to pay for hold baggage so it's hand luggage or bust! "

Had hold luggage delayed twice so I only take cabin luggage these days. I can fit enough in for a week without needing to wash anything. It's also much quicker getting through airports.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's the other way round in this house. I declare the suitacse full. Mr N spends five minutes and suddenly it's half empty.

Post new Message to Thread