Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Everton just made it.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I have been following everton and I am pleased that they just made it by 2 points and didnt get relegated, it went down to the wire.

They had lampard as manager for a while, but it didnt work out so good for them.

I like the new manager they have, sean dyche, he was in burnley before.

What do you think of their season and the new manager sean? With sean I can see everton finishing a lot higher in the league next season

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They might end up with a points deduction next season so it could be another relegation battle.

over a year ago

At least we get to see more of Iwobi on the podcasts

By *adbod2godbodMan
over a year ago

Manchester

There is a lot of dead weight at Everton. So many managers bringing in "their own players" has just left to a disjointed unbalanced squad.

If you keep dyche for 3 seasons, let him clear out the garbage over the next 4 transfer windows I think you could be pushing top 6 and get into Europe in 3 seasons.

If they tie his hands it'll be struggle after struggle after struggle

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple
over a year ago

Debauchery

The club will be the death of me!

Points deduction or not I think we’ll be battling at the bottom next year. The only thing I’m hoping for is that it doesn’t go down to the last day again.

Hades

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

As a LFC I hope they have this every season.

Im glad Leicester got relegated. Their fans enjoyed singing about poverty etc.

Enjoy singing in the Championship you Tory loving sickos.

over a year ago

"There is a lot of dead weight at Everton. So many managers bringing in "their own players" has just left to a disjointed unbalanced squad.

If you keep dyche for 3 seasons, let him clear out the garbage over the next 4 transfer windows I think you could be pushing top 6 and get into Europe in 3 seasons.

If they tie his hands it'll be struggle after struggle after struggle "

Pushing top 6 with egg fried dyche?

over a year ago

"There is a lot of dead weight at Everton. So many managers bringing in "their own players" has just left to a disjointed unbalanced squad.

Pushing top 6 with egg fried dyche? "

They’re skint. The current top 8 plus Chelsea will all spend money to push on. It’s almost impossible for them to get near the top 6.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

They’re skint. The current top 8 plus Chelsea will all spend money to push on. It’s almost impossible for them to get near the top 6."

Agreed, top 6 is fantasy land and whilst it's good to dream the reality for them is uncertainty financially with an owner who doesn't seem to understand that success in any top flight is about a stable management structure over a period of time..

Glad they stayed up but they will be in the same position next year by the look of it..

By *inkycatWoman
over a year ago

High Wycombe

I just hope we don’t have to go through the horror of yesterday again next season: I aged 20 years in those 100 minutes! We have no money but absolutely need to try and get a couple of strikers in over the summer somehow. Maybe the new investment will help - the board certainly won’t. But we have one more season at the Old Lady and it’s in the prem, that’s all I could have hoped for. We won’t ever be better than mid-table sadly.

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

cheats along with city and soon to be chelsea if the dont manage to get there team way below the massive budget they spent last years (up to 15 players to be sold)

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

"I just hope we don’t have to go through the horror of yesterday again next season: I aged 20 years in those 100 minutes! We have no money but absolutely need to try and get a couple of strikers in over the summer somehow. Maybe the new investment will help - the board certainly won’t. But we have one more season at the Old Lady and it’s in the prem, that’s all I could have hoped for. We won’t ever be better than mid-table sadly."

think you meed to rethink the no money as it was said yesterday everton had spent 700 million on players in a few seasons

By *ernowmarkMan
over a year ago

hayle

Dyche is a must for me… team hasn’t felt like a proper Everton since moyes left… bought too many cast offs from the big teams rather than uncovering rough diamonds ..

With regards the possible points deduction Man City have done much worse than Everton, who tried to remain within FFP so I feel that will save them a points deduction.

A new striker is an absolute must and a combative midfielder… beyond that, and with Branthwaite returning from PSV there is the nucleus of a decent team… with Dyches work ethic installed next season will be a lot less stressful I’m convinced

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"They might end up with a points deduction next season so it could be another relegation battle."
Yes, it will be interesting to see how the next season will be. I reckon that they can be around mid table or so

By *adbod2godbodMan
over a year ago

Manchester

They’re skint. The current top 8 plus Chelsea will all spend money to push on. It’s almost impossible for them to get near the top 6.

Agreed, top 6 is fantasy land and whilst it's good to dream the reality for them is uncertainty financially with an owner who doesn't seem to understand that success in any top flight is about a stable management structure over a period of time..

Glad they stayed up but they will be in the same position next year by the look of it.."

Give it 3 full seasons under him and you'll see

With clever recruitment like Brentford and Brighton have managed over the last 5 years, and a good youth system that they already have. Can't see why they can't push for Europa League

over a year ago

Glad they stayed up but they will be in the same position next year by the look of it..

With clever recruitment like Brentford and Brighton have managed over the last 5 years, and a good youth system that they already have. Can't see why they can't push for Europa League "

Who can you see them realistically finishing above to get to 6th?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

With clever recruitment like Brentford and Brighton have managed over the last 5 years, and a good youth system that they already have. Can't see why they can't push for Europa League "

They aren't either of those two, got family who have been season ticket holders for twenty plus years and they all say the club under the current owner is run like a Sunday league side, they might not have three years to push for Europe that's the reality..

By *oinerbillMan
over a year ago

warrington

Had a season ticket since i worked in a supermarket at 12 years old to pay for it in 1974 - only left in the 80s for 10 years to play rugby league, but if youre a blue they never leave you and you go back

seen the good times and some shocking times, had 3 days like sat and thats why im bald

club is run shocking, needs a complete clear out top to bottom. The board are a disgrace, blamed the fans for problems this year so no way back for them now, they have to go

Evertonians are the best supporters , proud working class people who expect more - has to change this summer

over a year ago

I have just returned from a 24 hour drinking session EVERTON

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Had a season ticket since i worked in a supermarket at 12 years old to pay for it in 1974 - only left in the 80s for 10 years to play rugby league, but if youre a blue they never leave you and you go back

seen the good times and some shocking times, had 3 days like sat and thats why im bald

club is run shocking, needs a complete clear out top to bottom. The board are a disgrace, blamed the fans for problems this year so no way back for them now, they have to go

Evertonians are the best supporters , proud working class people who expect more - has to change this summer"

Confronted players, turned on the manager, hounded the Board and made a toxic atmosphere sort of "best suporters"?

By *adbod2godbodMan
over a year ago

Manchester

With clever recruitment like Brentford and Brighton have managed over the last 5 years, and a good youth system that they already have. Can't see why they can't push for Europa League

Who can you see them realistically finishing above to get to 6th?"

Hard to say. Utd, city, Liverpool and arsenal are shoe ins really. Newcastle, spurs, Chelsea they'll be in that group (as long as dyche gets 3 good seasons and 4 good transfer windows) but I can see Brentford sniffing around 6th/7th if they keep up their recruitment

over a year ago

"I just hope we don’t have to go through the horror of yesterday again next season: I aged 20 years in those 100 minutes! We have no money but absolutely need to try and get a couple of strikers in over the summer somehow. Maybe the new investment will help - the board certainly won’t. But we have one more season at the Old Lady and it’s in the prem, that’s all I could have hoped for. We won’t ever be better than mid-table sadly."
wewont

over a year ago

we wont

By *oinerbillMan
over a year ago

warrington

"Had a season ticket since i worked in a supermarket at 12 years old to pay for it in 1974 - only left in the 80s for 10 years to play rugby league, but if youre a blue they never leave you and you go back

Evertonians are the best supporters , proud working class people who expect more - has to change this summer

Confronted players, turned on the manager, hounded the Board and made a toxic atmosphere sort of "best suporters"? "

Confronted players - yes after losing to the bottom club twice in a month with lack luster performances

Turned on the manager - when ?? didnt turn on Lampard but he had to go, buit the fans never demanded he went

Hounded the board - too right. Shocking management for years, Kenright getting a buyer who wasnt the best but would let him stay in charge, then to top it all releasing press statements saying the ceo was grabbed in a headlock and they were worried for their safety - complete lies ask Ian Wright

get your facts right before posting rubish and lies

over a year ago

Confronted players, turned on the manager, hounded the Board and made a toxic atmosphere sort of "best suporters"?

Confronted players - yes after losing to the bottom club twice in a month with lack luster performances

Turned on the manager - when ?? didnt turn on Lampard but he had to go, buit the fans never demanded he went

Hounded the board - too right. Shocking management for years, Kenright getting a buyer who wasnt the best but would let him stay in charge, then to top it all releasing press statements saying the ceo was grabbed in a headlock and they were worried for their safety - complete lies ask Ian Wright

get your facts right before posting rubish and lies

"

if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go .....

By *mf123Man
over a year ago

with one foot out the door

Im not really a huge football fan but i have a real dislike of that football team i was hoping they went down

Post new Message to Thread