FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It is better to be alone than in a bad company.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Before I am asking the question, did you know that it was a famous quote? I didnt, so I looked it up and apparently george waschington said it.

Here is an example:

Imagine you have to stand annoying people and you have the possibility to choose whether spending your precious time with them, what would you do?

I personally would choose being alone (state of being, no company), and not lonely (which is a state of mind)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest place in the world. I have always and will to choose to be alone instead of being around people that aren't right for me

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you are content enough being alone, you choose your company wiser. Life's too short to surround yourself with people who don't make you happy.

over a year ago

"If you are content enough being alone, you choose your company wiser. Life's too short to surround yourself with people who don't make you happy."

This all day long, the wrong people will make you tired of life

By *WALKinkCouple
over a year ago

Eastbourne

"If you are content enough being alone, you choose your company wiser. Life's too short to surround yourself with people who don't make you happy."

100%

My job involves being social, mandatory fun, so when I'm not working I don't want that forced environment. I want to spend time with people who get me. There's maybe 2 lol

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I don't think anyone will readily say "nah, give me the bad company" over being alone. Why choose to spend time with those who don't make you feel good about yourself? It's a pointless exercise.

over a year ago

I happily spend time alone regardless of what company is on offer. I like having time to myself

Can’t remember the last time I was in bad company either. Must be doing something to keep the morons away! And I’ll keep it that way

Mr

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

You have no business in being with other people unless you love being alone, you choose to have either possitive or negative people in your life and that will reflect you being. I don't have any negative people around me and love my own company.

over a year ago

I'm very good at causing people I don't like to naturally avoid me so, it's not really a problem.

Except for siblings.

A tough nut to crack for sure.

By *t0600Man
over a year ago

elvedon

Without a doubt it’s better to stand alone than with the wrong company

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest place in the world. I have always and will to choose to be alone instead of being around people that aren't right for me "
Yes, you are right there as well and same here

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

Much better

I actually on occasion love just my own company just to potter about and do my own thing

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Being alone for long periods can lead to loneliness. It's very easy to say you'd prefer being alone to bad company if you have the choice of good company when you want or need it.

I'd choose bad company over no company at all

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I'm very good at causing people I don't like to naturally avoid me so, it's not really a problem.

"

Oh really? That surprises me. You're always so charming and lovely and never ever verging on slight dickery.

Signed

A Fellow Bit Of A Dick.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Alone every time. I rather like my own company.

over a year ago

"Alone every time. I rather like my own company."

Same. I like my own company. I think it’s healthy to

By *rooperRedMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

Been on my own so long now I don't really know any different. I like pottering around on my own, although it does get lonely. Single life can be tough, especially with costs going up. Not sure I'd swap it though, got out of an abusive relationship four years ago and it's been tough dating since, first with lockdown and now with struggling financially. No one's interested in someone who literally can't pay for dinner. So I manage on my own. Beats the alternative.

over a year ago

I enjoy my own company over being around people most of the time anyway. I wouldn’t waste my time with people I don’t like.

over a year ago

No one would chose bad company over being alone.

I'm happy alone.

But sometimes you end up in relationships where you can be lonely and in bad company. Not something you chose but can end up that way.

You can also be lonely in setting like family for example when they are bad company.

Not always easy to avoid.

I guess it happens at work too.

By *andacouple3Couple
over a year ago

Chatham

The best advice about dealing with others is contained in 'desiderata'. It is a one page pamphlet that contains guidance for life. Look it up.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Yep i'd much rather be on my own than with people who drain the life out of me.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'd always rather be on my own then with company I just don't enjoy. It's draining.

By *inkyycurvyyWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

I'd rather spend a week alone than a day in the company of people I dislike/find annoying but I am a misanthrope so...

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I’m quite self contained, but good friendships are worth the effort.

In terms of bad company, I can usually find some common ground. But there are folk I go out of my way to avoid.

over a year ago

Do you mean whether one can tolerate bad company because "needs must" ? I guess most of us face it at some point but if it's not a necessity than precious time alone is always preferable

T

By *wbGoodTimesNoDramasMan
over a year ago

London

Yes .!!!!!

over a year ago

"The best advice about dealing with others is contained in 'desiderata'. It is a one page pamphlet that contains guidance for life. Look it up."

I am sat looking at one of the original Athina Desiderata posters. I absolutely LOVE this verse and read it often.

It's attributed to Max Ehrmann.

Yes, there is peace in silence.

Yes, loneliness can creep in when one is alone but I would treasure that any day than be in awful company.

Being ebullient can mean that 'energy vampires (as I call them) can attempt to suck the life out of you.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

If you're not fit for your own company then your not fit for anyone else's.

Said my gran when she'd had enough of entertaining me.

If I can be myself completely with someone else and they can too then that's a beautiful thing. It's pretty rare to find though and less than that doesn't appeal much to me.

I kind of enjoy just chilling in my own company. Who says we have to be doing anything?

over a year ago

"If you're not fit for your own company then your not fit for anyone else's.

"

The old wisdom eh?

I always tell my offsprings boredom is your friend. Related.

T

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

"If you're not fit for your own company then your not fit for anyone else's.

The old wisdom eh?

I always tell my offsprings boredom is your friend. Related.

T"

Oh she had 101 pearls of wisdom, oddly enough they all somehow seemed to benefit her

By *MisschiefxTV/TS
over a year ago

London

I'm perfectly happy in my own company and have no interest in being around bad company.

But life isn't binary. The reality is that I seek out good company. I like time by myself but life is a better experience when shared with the right people.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

100%

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Even when I'm alone I'm in bad company,

over a year ago

I find that I am better alone. I have got to an age where I don’t necessary need someone but I want someone.

So for me that means I am happy alone and whoever I am with I want them to add to my life and me to theirs. Yes it’s not all roses around the door but being with someone because you cannot be alone for me doesn’t work

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

over a year ago

Easy company much preferred. If only I had some of that!

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

over a year ago

Yes, absolutely.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Being alone for long periods can lead to loneliness. It's very easy to say you'd prefer being alone to bad company if you have the choice of good company when you want or need it.

I'd choose bad company over no company at all"

Yes, that is also a good point there, as it can lead to loneliness as well

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I don't think anyone will readily say "nah, give me the bad company" over being alone. Why choose to spend time with those who don't make you feel good about yourself? It's a pointless exercise. "
Yes, you are right there as well as noone would say bad company as one wants good company

Post new Message to Thread