Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My date has cancelled tomorrow

Jump to newest

By *iscean_dream OP   Man
over a year ago

Port talbot

I'm a little dissapointed and this is why I don't do dating usually.

Said she's decided she's not ready to date yet though which I can understand but I did say when we started talking I didn't want to rush into anything serious.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Oh PD! This saddens me.

*removes hat from online shopping basket*

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

*removes hat from online shopping basket* "

I was half expecting it, this is why I said the other day I don't get my hopes up

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Meh... Delete and move on! Shouldn't even be on the apps if they're not ready.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A little huh. You made a thread about it. Plenty Of Fish in the sea

Reply privately

over a year ago

It can be frustrating, though if you're actually interested in her, accept it, let her know it's not a problem and you're happy to reschedule when she's available and ready.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Meh... Delete and move on! Shouldn't even be on the apps if they're not ready. "

I think she probably got cold feet, it happens but I was really looking forward to meeting her and going for a nice walk and meal

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

There’s a sex doll for sale thread just gone up…seems like fate

K

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I was half expecting it, this is why I said the other day I don't get my hopes up "

And as I told you... I'll get mine up for both of us

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"A little huh. You made a thread about it. Plenty Of Fish in the sea "

Most of the fish seem to get spooked

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"It can be frustrating, though if you're actually interested in her, accept it, let her know it's not a problem and you're happy to reschedule when she's available and ready.

"

I did say I understand and to keep in touch and let me know if changes her mind

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"There’s a sex doll for sale thread just gone up…seems like fate

K"

I'm not in

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It can be frustrating, though if you're actually interested in her, accept it, let her know it's not a problem and you're happy to reschedule when she's available and ready.

I did say I understand and to keep in touch and let me know if changes her mind"

Good stuff, and good luck.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I was half expecting it, this is why I said the other day I don't get my hopes up

And as I told you... I'll get mine up for both of us "

Yeah you keep positive

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

I did say I understand and to keep in touch and let me know if changes her mind

Good stuff, and good luck. "

Thank you

Reply privately

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I'm a little dissapointed and this is why I don't do dating usually.

Said she's decided she's not ready to date yet though which I can understand but I did say when we started talking I didn't want to rush into anything serious. "

Ah PD, gutted for you, pal.

I’ve had this so many times (although on typing that I realise I may be the common denominator hahaha!). I even spoke to a woman for three hours on the phone and we got on really well, yet the day before our date she wasn’t ready. Or even after a first date! (Although typing that it feels even more like it’s me ).

It’s so frustrating when it feels promising because you are getting on famously.

Very tough, my friend, but you’re a great looking bloke, fun and interesting. I doubt you’ll have to wait long for another candidate

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Said she's decided she's not ready to date yet though which I can understand but I did say when we started talking I didn't want to rush into anything serious.

I’ve had this so many times (although on typing that I realise I may be the common denominator hahaha!). I even spoke to a woman for three hours on the phone and we got on really well, yet the day before our date she wasn’t ready. Or even after a first date! (Although typing that it feels even more like it’s me ).

It’s so frustrating when it feels promising because you are getting on famously.

Very tough, my friend, but you’re a great looking bloke, fun and interesting. I doubt you’ll have to wait long for another candidate "

Dating isn't what it once was, she probably just got a better match maybe and that's the thing with modern times and apps.

I'll just carry on going with the flow and see what happens and thank you for the kind words buddy

Reply privately

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

Sorry to hear that PD.

Why not take yourself out for a meal instead? I hear McDonalds do a great Big Mac

Hugs

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Said she's decided she's not ready to date yet though which I can understand but I did say when we started talking I didn't want to rush into anything serious. "

Was it the supermarket lady?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Sorry to hear that PD.

Why not take yourself out for a meal instead? I hear McDonalds do a great Big Mac

Hugs "

It's not really the same

I'll just go take some photos instead tomorrow and enjoy me time I guess

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Was it the supermarket lady?!"

It was not

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I'm a little disappointed and this is why I don't do dating usually.

Really sorry to hear this ·PD·

You genuinely sounded excited about this the other day, and I felt excited for you too. Sometimes all that a gentleman wants is a little courtship, some woo'ing and all the ingredients to make the heart flutter.

These temptresses - they lead us like a moth to a flame.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

It was not "

Is she free for a date tomorrow?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

It was not

Is she free for a date tomorrow? "

She may be but I'm still refraining from asking as I don't want things to get awkward when I need something from the shop

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

You genuinely sounded excited about this the other day, and I felt excited for you too. Sometimes all that a gentleman wants is a little courtship, some woo'ing and all the ingredients to make the heart flutter.

These temptresses - they lead us like a moth to a flame. "

Thing is that it was her that asked if I was going to ask her out on a date, so then I did and now she's cancelled day before

There should be a law against this type of thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

It was not

She may be but I'm still refraining from asking as I don't want things to get awkward when I need something from the shop "

Send a lovely invite and attach your shopping list to the back. Maybe include a Bag for Life too?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So sorry to hear this has happened! It does get really disheartening, especially when you’re looking forward to it

Don’t let it put you off! I’m sure someone decent who appreciates your time and effort will come along soon enough

Mr

Reply privately

By *oyahandrussCouple
over a year ago

Nr Rugby

"A little huh. You made a thread about it. Plenty Of Fish in the sea

Most of the fish seem to get spooked "

You need good fish bait or become the fish whisperer

Reply privately

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"Sorry to hear that PD.

Hugs

It's not really the same

I'll just go take some photos instead tomorrow and enjoy me time I guess "

I know it’s not. But it could be even better

Reply privately

By *ister_ee_1981Man
over a year ago

Paphos

She would have been taking to at least 10 other guys, and you were, most definitley, a backup.

Sorry to hear that though, there is a reason that men are starting to check out if dating...

Stay strong king!

Reply privately

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

She may have had genuine reason.

Some people can get really stressed with nerves.

It sounds like, at she let you know she couldn't make it, instead of just a no show.

Yes you were really looking forward to meeting and it sounds like you'd still like to, when she's ready.

However posting about it on here would be a huge red light. It'd put me, and I think most others, from ever getting involved with you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

It was not

She may be but I'm still refraining from asking as I don't want things to get awkward when I need something from the shop

Send a lovely invite and attach your shopping list to the back. Maybe include a Bag for Life too? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"So sorry to hear this has happened! It does get really disheartening, especially when you’re looking forward to it

Don’t let it put you off! I’m sure someone decent who appreciates your time and effort will come along soon enough

Mr"

Cheers buddy, this is why I prefer casual but being cancelled on is always a downer

Reply privately

By *ezebel100Woman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Very tough, my friend, but you’re a great looking bloke, fun and interesting. I doubt you’ll have to wait long for another candidate

Dating isn't what it once was, she probably just got a better match maybe and that's the thing with modern times and apps.

I'll just carry on going with the flow and see what happens and thank you for the kind words buddy "

IMHO, one of the drawbacks off online dating, is that people have access to other people they wouldn't have had before the Internet. Therefore they have many more options and so whereas previously if someone didn't tick all the boxes but most of them, they'd date and see if the missing ticks could be worked on. With online dating if someone they match with doesn't tick all the boxes they move on to the next person hoping they will.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"A little huh. You made a thread about it. Plenty Of Fish in the sea

Most of the fish seem to get spooked You need good fish bait or become the fish whisperer "

My worm is magic

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

She would have been taking to at least 10 other guys, and you were, most definitley, a backup.

Sorry to hear that though, there is a reason that men are starting to check out if dating...

Stay strong king!"

This really doesn't make me feel any better

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"She may have had genuine reason.

Some people can get really stressed with nerves.

It sounds like, at she let you know she couldn't make it, instead of just a no show.

Yes you were really looking forward to meeting and it sounds like you'd still like to, when she's ready.

However posting about it on here would be a huge red light. It'd put me, and I think most others, from ever getting involved with you. "

I don't think me posting about it makes a difference to others wanting to meet me from here as I'm on here for casual and not dating

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

I'll just carry on going with the flow and see what happens and thank you for the kind words buddy

IMHO, one of the drawbacks off online dating, is that people have access to other people they wouldn't have had before the Internet. Therefore they have many more options and so whereas previously if someone didn't tick all the boxes but most of them, they'd date and see if the missing ticks could be worked on. With online dating if someone they match with doesn't tick all the boxes they move on to the next person hoping they will."

I agree, I do ok with getting matches but I got to really click with someone to want to date them. She says she still has wounds from last relationship and I've been there but I wouldn't have asked someone if going to go on a date with me at that time

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stay strong king!"

Why would she have been?

Thats not a guaranteed truth

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Meh... Delete and move on! Shouldn't even be on the apps if they're not ready.

I think she probably got cold feet, it happens but I was really looking forward to meeting her and going for a nice walk and meal"

I date myself and self partner...anyone else who comes along is a bonus. Lol!

I went alone to Sicily for my birthday and bought a bottle of Prosecco and shared it with all the other people in the restaurant.

I'm having the best time with me. Lol! I'm so much fun and compassionate to myself. Lol!

I've been alone 9 years.

On a serious note, I have a psychotherapist and three support groups for emotional and mental support.

I need people but a life partner, I think is too tall an order for me. Most people don't have the emotional intelligence to cope with someone like me.( even psychiatrists, psychologists and psychotherapists are bamboozled and frustrated) That's ok. I don't like the idea of forcing people into something which I know is complex, stigmatized, problematic and the complete deep end of life.

So I have clinical substitutes for family and friends who only have to deal with me for short periods of time and not daily.

Reply privately

By *aizyWoman
over a year ago

west midlands

Sorry to hear that, she let you know though instead of just ghosting you so maybe nerves did just get the better of her, don't give up you'll find somone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m sorry, it really sucks when that happens.

I was considering signing up for the dating apps again but you’ve just reminded me why I hate them.

What are you going to do with your unexpected free time? Will you still go out?

Reply privately

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Oh that sucks PD.

Try not to let it get you down too much. You're very handsome and you'll find someone who appreciates everything you are eventually

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Really sorry to hear this ·PD·

·

Thing is that it was her that asked if I was going to ask her out on a date, so then I did and now she's cancelled day before

There should be a law against this type of thing "

I think someone should revoke her Afternoon Tea vouchers! How dare she throw sugar cubes at your glasshouse of hopes and desires!

Thankfully this thread has made you much more desirable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Sorry to hear that, she let you know though instead of just ghosting you so maybe nerves did just get the better of her, don't give up you'll find somone."

Yeah at least she didn't just ghost me and I'm in no rush, was just looking forward to a proper date for a change

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I’m sorry, it really sucks when that happens.

I was considering signing up for the dating apps again but you’ve just reminded me why I hate them.

What are you going to do with your unexpected free time? Will you still go out? "

Yeah I'm thinking about just deleting them all again but I hardly go on them anyway.

I'll just go take some photos I think instead at the waterfall we would have been going to

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Oh that sucks PD.

Try not to let it get you down too much. You're very handsome and you'll find someone who appreciates everything you are eventually "

Thank you gorgeous

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dating Apps are hard work PD aren't they? Sorry she cancelled x

Reply privately

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

Sorry to hear this OP, you come across as a nice guy so it seems her loss!

Hope you can plan something fun in place of the date!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Really sorry to hear this ·PD·

·

I think someone should revoke her Afternoon Tea vouchers! How dare she throw sugar cubes at your glasshouse of hopes and desires!

Thankfully this thread has made you much more desirable. "

She should only be allowed tea or coffee in it's raw form and dry from this day forward

I've employed some security for my safety and will be paying them with bacon sandwiches and coffee

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't believe she cancelled tomorrow

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Dating Apps are hard work PD aren't they? Sorry she cancelled x"

They really are, if her reason is genuine then it's fair but I'll never really know and that's probably a good thing

Reply privately

By *aizyWoman
over a year ago

west midlands

Yeah I'm thinking about just deleting them all again but I hardly go on them anyway.

I'll just go take some photos I think instead at the waterfall we would have been going to "

Make sure you put the pics of you naked at the waterfall on here, you will be naked at the waterfall right?!?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Awww that really sucks, especially if you were looking forward to it You’re an attractive guy I’m sure it won’t take you long in finding someone that wants that wants all the same things as you do

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Sorry to hear this OP, you come across as a nice guy so it seems her loss!

Hope you can plan something fun in place of the date! "

Thank you

I'll treat myself to something to cheer me up as I was planning to give her something as was her birthday yesterday

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll just go take some photos I think instead at the waterfall we would have been going to "

Well she is obviously a fool if she cancelled on you *and* a waterfall visit.

Have a lovely time

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I can't believe she cancelled tomorrow "

Tomorrow is always cancelled as it never comes

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

I'll just go take some photos I think instead at the waterfall we would have been going to

Make sure you put the pics of you naked at the waterfall on here, you will be naked at the waterfall right?!? "

I think it may be a little busy for me to get naked there tomorrow but I have been naked there before but not by myself

Reply privately

By *entlemanrogueMan
over a year ago

Motherwell

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I was half expecting it, this is why I said the other day I don't get my hopes up "

I think of it like this, a meet date isnt happening, until its avtually happening.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stay strong king!

Why would she have been?

Thats not a guaranteed truth "

Might wanna times that number by 3

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't believe she cancelled tomorrow

Tomorrow is always cancelled as it never comes "

Can it ever really be cancelled then? Are we wasting our time trying to cancel tomorrow?

Makes you think.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Awww that really sucks, especially if you were looking forward to it You’re an attractive guy I’m sure it won’t take you long in finding someone that wants that wants all the same things as you do "

It's my luck, I found a money spider earlier at the hospital while waiting so maybe I'll play the lottery today and luck will change

What I need is for you to have a twin that lives in my village

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

It was not "

did you book a day off work as well?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Well she is obviously a fool if she cancelled on you *and* a waterfall visit.

Have a lovely time "

That's kind of you to say, I'd happily take you if ever come my way

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can it ever really be cancelled then? Are we wasting our time trying to cancel tomorrow?

Makes you think."

Not really. People have their reasons and some can’t handle the truth

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I think of it like this, a meet date isnt happening, until its avtually happening."

There's always a element of doubt until I actually see them

Reply privately

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

63 replies and I can’t believe nobody has said it

Fine I’ll say it. She probably finished her wank

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Makes you think."

To be honest I think that's too heavy for a Tuesday

Reply privately

over a year ago

Makes you think.

Not really. People have their reasons and some can’t handle the truth "

The truth that tomorrow will never come?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

It was not did you book a day off work as well? "

I'm my own boss, I just do

Reply privately

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Makes you think.

Not really. People have their reasons and some can’t handle the truth

The truth that tomorrow will never come?"

Be a good name for a song, that.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

It was not did you book a day off work as well?

I'm my own boss, I just do"

nevertheless a wasted day

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"63 replies and I can’t believe nobody has said it

Fine I’ll say it. She probably finished her wank "

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

I'll just carry on going with the flow and see what happens and thank you for the kind words buddy "

It's what happens as you get older. Everyone I've met over 25 has been walking wounded and most are not in a recovery programme/routine.

so people flake as it's easier to do than commit to unpleasant feelings and uncertainty and rejection.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

It was not did you book a day off work as well?

I'm my own boss, I just donevertheless a wasted day "

Everything happens for a reason

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

It's what happens as you get older. Everyone I've met over 25 has been walking wounded and most are not in a recovery programme/routine.

so people flake as it's easier to do than commit to unpleasant feelings and uncertainty and rejection."

Yeah I've had way more than my share of wounds but I use them to make me stronger and wiser

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Oh no way, gutted for you. Chin up buddy

Reply privately

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

so people flake as it's easier to do than commit to unpleasant feelings and uncertainty and rejection.

Yeah I've had way more than my share of wounds but I use them to make me stronger and wiser "

Dude - I think birds get touchy when you call it a wound. It’s minge.

Or maybe gash.

Reply privately

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Not suprised 99% of all contacts are going to waste your time.

Am I cynical? Yes but cold hard experience on here has taught me to be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Oh no way, gutted for you. Chin up buddy "

Maybe after I've shaved

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

IMHO, one of the drawbacks off online dating, is that people have access to other people they wouldn't have had before the Internet. Therefore they have many more options and so whereas previously if someone didn't tick all the boxes but most of them, they'd date and see if the missing ticks could be worked on. With online dating if someone they match with doesn't tick all the boxes they move on to the next person hoping they will.

I agree, I do ok with getting matches but I got to really click with someone to want to date them. She says she still has wounds from last relationship and I've been there but I wouldn't have asked someone if going to go on a date with me at that time "

Now still having wounds from previous relationship is a red flag for me....not posting on forum.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Oh no way, gutted for you. Chin up buddy

Maybe after I've shaved "

You shaving your beard off?!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Yeah I've had way more than my share of wounds but I use them to make me stronger and wiser

Dude - I think birds get touchy when you call it a wound. It’s minge.

Or maybe gash."

I've definitely not had my fair share of that yet

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Not suprised 99% of all contacts are going to waste your time.

Am I cynical? Yes but cold hard experience on here has taught me to be."

This wasn't a fab meet, it was a date from another app and to be fair I've only been cancelled on one time on fab

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I've conditioned myself to not have high hopes of anyone.

Through experience I've learned that what people say in the first few days/,weeks/,months is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Now, if I were you, and I was very interested in this person, I would keep the conversation going until I either lost interest or I was sure they had.

I'd talk to other people and arrange dates, because my life is not to be wasted waiting on someone else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

I agree, I do ok with getting matches but I got to really click with someone to want to date them. She says she still has wounds from last relationship and I've been there but I wouldn't have asked someone if going to go on a date with me at that time

Now still having wounds from previous relationship is a red flag for me....not posting on forum."

Yeah I agree, it's best to make sure you're ready before starting to date

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Awww that really sucks, especially if you were looking forward to it You’re an attractive guy I’m sure it won’t take you long in finding someone that wants that wants all the same things as you do

It's my luck, I found a money spider earlier at the hospital while waiting so maybe I'll play the lottery today and luck will change

What I need is for you to have a twin that lives in my village "

Do it! If you win don’t forget about your fab friends

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

This wasn't a fab meet, it was a date from another app and to be fair I've only been cancelled on one time on fab"

I've found people on other apps just as flaky, and tell me lies or try more flattery to get me into bed.

The talk doesn't walk.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Maybe after I've shaved

You shaving your beard off?!!!!!"

Not a chance, my neck needs shaving

Reply privately

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Swipe right n move on

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I've conditioned myself to not have high hopes of anyone.

Through experience I've learned that what people say in the first few days/,weeks/,months is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Now, if I were you, and I was very interested in this person, I would keep the conversation going until I either lost interest or I was sure they had.

I'd talk to other people and arrange dates, because my life is not to be wasted waiting on someone else.

"

Well I've left ball in her court, I'm not one to keep messaging if I think I'm wasting my time and if she's not ready I definitely would be

Reply privately

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I feel this. Probably why I am perpetually single.

Doesn't make it any easier but you are not alone PD

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Awww that really sucks, especially if you were looking forward to it You’re an attractive guy I’m sure it won’t take you long in finding someone that wants that wants all the same things as you do

Do it! If you win don’t forget about your fab friends "

I'd definitely be in your special place before long

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Maybe after I've shaved

Not a chance, my neck needs shaving "

Thank goodness for that, thought you were going to do something drastic

Reply privately

By *oco_marsWoman
over a year ago

Stockport

Oh I'm sorry! One of mine keeps having to rearrange because of work issues, so I feel you.

There will be others!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

This wasn't a fab meet, it was a date from another app and to be fair I've only been cancelled on one time on fab

I've found people on other apps just as flaky, and tell me lies or try more flattery to get me into bed.

The talk doesn't walk."

Yeah, I'm just always me no matter what place I'm talking

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Well I've left ball in her court, I'm not one to keep messaging if I think I'm wasting my time and if she's not ready I definitely would be "

Don't totally ignore her though. If I'm having a bit of a tough time with life a little hi from someone boosts my mind.

You'll know when to admit defeat.

I don't know her, but she could be having a bit of a life crisis, or be scared of getting involved because she can't handle heartache.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Yeah I've had way more than my share of wounds but I use them to make me stronger and wiser "

With my wounds, I've seen it make me and others weaker, less trusting and more self-sabotaging.

The people closest to me are the professionals and I get suspicious of people who avoid professional help of any kind. To me it's an avoidance and isolation tactic which doesn't help me for sure and I haven't seen it help many people at all. I understand it's their safe space.

However, there can be no growth without change and there can be no change without courage and there is no courage if you just stay in your safe space.

I left dating apps because I decided to look for other ways of getting the intimacy, commitment and companionship that I would normally get from a relationship.

So far it's working but I live in London, there are so many activities that are free, cheap and moderately expensive that I can go to. If I can manage to log off and leave my home and most people I've found are friendly and welcoming in those spaces. I don't know it's a London thing that we are more accepting of a bunch of random strangers coming together.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I feel this. Probably why I am perpetually single.

Doesn't make it any easier but you are not alone PD "

Yeah, it's why I've not bothered trying for over 2 years

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Maybe after I've shaved

Thank goodness for that, thought you were going to do something drastic "

Honestly I wouldn't leave the house until it grew back

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Oh I'm sorry! One of mine keeps having to rearrange because of work issues, so I feel you.

There will be others! "

I'd be getting suspicious if it happened lots of times by same person

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Now still having wounds from previous relationship is a red flag for me....not posting on forum.

Yeah I agree, it's best to make sure you're ready before starting to date "

Took me 2 years to date after the abusive marriage and I had professional help one to one counseling and group counseling.

Still single though for the reasons above.

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"...One of mine keeps having to rearrange because of work issues..."

"One of mine" - how many have you got???

Some of us 'romantique' gentlemen refuse to be ²nd best!

Reply privately

By *weetiepie99Woman
over a year ago

cardiff

I feel your pain. I had a lovely 'date' recently. Had bn chatting for a while (not from here). Met, all good. At the end he said he wasn't 'emotionally ready', ie not over his ex. And wanted to start a family soon. He knew my age. Its hard work sometimes!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Well I've left ball in her court, I'm not one to keep messaging if I think I'm wasting my time and if she's not ready I definitely would be

Don't totally ignore her though. If I'm having a bit of a tough time with life a little hi from someone boosts my mind.

I don't know her, but she could be having a bit of a life crisis, or be scared of getting involved because she can't handle heartache.

"

Well I told her to keep in touch and let me know if decides she wants to meet. She's read the message and not replied

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Took me 2 years to date after the abusive marriage and I had professional help one to one counseling and group counseling.

Still single though for the reasons above."

You will know when you're ready

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Oh I'm sorry! One of mine keeps having to rearrange because of work issues, so I feel you.

There will be others! "

Omg I can't stand that. I don't want to date someone who doesn't have a good work life balance and strong work/personal life boundaries. It also makes me thing that they can't manage their money effectively which is why they have to work such long hours.

I work part-time due to illness and disability and I manage my money just fine so I don't understand people who work over 60 hours a week with no time left over for anything else.

They think they want a relationship but they don't actually have time to commit to a relationship for the work that is required to keep a relationship going.

my parents are still together for over 40 years and they never worked over 40 hours a week for months and years on end but they were financially savvy. Just a nurse and a teacher..not rich...not even upper middle class.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I feel your pain. I had a lovely 'date' recently. Had bn chatting for a while (not from here). Met, all good. At the end he said he wasn't 'emotionally ready', ie not over his ex. And wanted to start a family soon. He knew my age. Its hard work sometimes!!"

Not over his ex but also wanted to start a family soon

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Maybe after I've shaved

Honestly I wouldn't leave the house until it grew back "

I'd come over with my permanent marker to draw you one, sorted

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Maybe after I've shaved

I'd come over with my permanent marker to draw you one, sorted "

I don't think that would look good at all, I have a reputation to keep you know

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Maybe after I've shaved

I don't think that would look good at all, I have a reputation to keep you know "

What are you implying!!!

I have the artist capabilities of a 3 year old, I have you know

Reply privately

By *oco_marsWoman
over a year ago

Stockport

There will be others!

I'd be getting suspicious if it happened lots of times by same person "

I would if I didn't know what he was saying is true, he's had a lot of work drama but some of it was down to a local bar owner being a dickhead. So he had to move his restaurant back into the old premises early, it was being renovated so he's been there all hours trying to get it open so his staff could work. And the last time, his cooks sister died, I know him so I know that's true too. Just a streak of shit luck!

I have cut things off with people in the past for time wasting, but this is all genuine

Reply privately

over a year ago

There will be others! "

Probably got a wife and kids at home . I don’t

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Maybe after I've shaved

What are you implying!!!

I have the artist capabilities of a 3 year old, I have you know "

That's was my concern

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"...One of mine keeps having to rearrange because of work issues...

Some of us 'romantique' gentlemen refuse to be ²nd best! "

If the one you have keeps putting you off or doesn't have time for you, do you sit at home every evening and weekend waiting for them?

Reply privately

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I would feel disappointed too. B is in Cardiff until Thursday - go for a bro date instead!

J

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

There will be others!

I would if I didn't know what he was saying is true, he's had a lot of work drama but some of it was down to a local bar owner being a dickhead. So he had to move his restaurant back into the old premises early, it was being renovated so he's been there all hours trying to get it open so his staff could work. And the last time, his cooks sister died, I know him so I know that's true too. Just a streak of shit luck!

I have cut things off with people in the past for time wasting, but this is all genuine "

Well I hope you get to make up for lost time soon

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I would feel disappointed too. B is in Cardiff until Thursday - go for a bro date instead!

J"

That another name for a wank group?

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Well I told her to keep in touch and let me know if decides she wants to meet. She's read the message and not replied "

Ah, then I'd not lose any sleep over her.

Did you tell her something weird about you, like eating roasted garlic sandwiches every day?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

" I would feel disappointed too. B is in Cardiff until Thursday - go for a bro date instead!

J"

Enjoy some you time, he will soon be back

Reply privately

By *oco_marsWoman
over a year ago

Stockport

There will be others!

I have cut things off with people in the past for time wasting, but this is all genuine

Well I hope you get to make up for lost time soon "

You too, maybe someone else will come along!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do it! If you win don’t forget about your fab friends

I'd definitely be in your special place before long "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Well I told her to keep in touch and let me know if decides she wants to meet. She's read the message and not replied

Did you tell her something weird about you, like eating roasted garlic sandwiches every day?"

I won't lose sleep over her, I know I'm a good catch

No I didn't say anything weird about me, I think she just got cold feet

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

There will be others!

You too, maybe someone else will come along! "

I'm sure someone will eventually that I can't resist

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

·

If the one you have keeps putting you off or doesn't have time for you, do you sit at home every evening and weekend waiting for them?"

·

I sit beside the bay window with my embroidery, looking outwards with eternal hope and anticipation of the return of my paramour from her daily philandering.

Reply privately

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

J

That another name for a wank group? "

Reply privately

By *rooperRedMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

I once got ditched over a curtain hook. At least she was honest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"I once got ditched over a curtain hook. At least she was honest. "

Sounds kinky

Reply privately

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"I once got ditched over a curtain hook. At least she was honest.

Sounds kinky "

^^ one track mind

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Sounds kinky

^^ one track mind "

Moi?

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Some of us 'romantique' gentlemen refuse to be ²nd best! "

Kind Sir if you don't want to be second best. Monopolise my time and/or put a ring on it. If I am neglected, I shall find other more attentive persons.

A lady may have multiple suitors until she finally gives her hand to one exclusively.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I feel your pain. I had a lovely 'date' recently. Had bn chatting for a while (not from here). Met, all good. At the end he said he wasn't 'emotionally ready', ie not over his ex. And wanted to start a family soon. He knew my age. Its hard work sometimes!!"

Bloody hell "date" sound like you were just a stop gap until he can get over his ex and find a fertile womb to impregnate.

As you can tell from my profile I'm very upfront and direct.

Friendship

Sex

Intimate companion ( sex and socialising)

Life partners... ( sex socialising and commitment to sharing out lives together long term.)

Otherwise, I'm not interested. I have zero time to waste. when it comes to people I'm quite decided even when I couldn't always identify my emotions I always knew what I wanted and didn't want. I don't like to string people along just to boost my ego.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Still single though for the reasons above.

You will know when you're ready "

I'm ready to be ok with not being ready to put up with time wasters going nowhere and doing nothing. lol! I'm not really the fickle type. I'm an anal stickler. Lol! I also don't do subtle hints as many people have found out to their disadvantage.

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I would rather monopolise her time. It's far cheaper than a ring and the consequences that often occur thereafter.

#PrisonSentence

#MatromonialRegrets

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I feel your pain. I had a lovely 'date' recently. Had bn chatting for a while (not from here). Met, all good. At the end he said he wasn't 'emotionally ready', ie not over his ex. And wanted to start a family soon. He knew my age. Its hard work sometimes!!

Not over his ex but also wanted to start a family soon "

Red flag, red flag... Chinese, Morrocan,

Swiss, Canadian and Trinidadian Flags

all came together to have a parade!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I once got ditched over a curtain hook. At least she was honest. "

Ok, you can’t leave that there.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

There will be others!

I have cut things off with people in the past for time wasting, but this is all genuine "

Still gives me not meant to be vibes...I'd go off and do my own thing... I've gone on a date ill...he did tuck me in his bed with lemsip though...

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Well I told her to keep in touch and let me know if decides she wants to meet. She's read the message and not replied "

give it 24 to 48 hours for a reply. after a week....it's dead...

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Maybe after I've shaved

What are you implying!!!

I have the artist capabilities of a 3 year old, I have you know

That's was my concern "

lol

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

If the one you have keeps putting you off or doesn't have time for you, do you sit at home every evening and weekend waiting for them?"

That's why I don't have one anymore and I don't sit at home every evening and I work weekends. Lol! I'm very good at finding entertainment, dating myself and fucking myself. Lol or finding other people to hang out( fuck or be entertained) with. That's why I live in London. Always someplace open for the weirdos and losers and lonely's...a bit like Tokyo or New York.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

There will be others!

You too, maybe someone else will come along!

I'm sure someone will eventually that I can't resist "

I am the resistance. Lol!

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Did you tell her something weird about you, like eating roasted garlic sandwiches every day?"

But roasted garlic is so nice.... they have tic tac and minty gum.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

·

If the one you have keeps putting you off or doesn't have time for you, do you sit at home every evening and weekend waiting for them?

·

I sit beside the bay window with my embroidery, looking outwards with eternal hope and anticipation of the return of my paramour from her daily philandering."

My dear have you been back stitching again.... a chain stitch ( of suitors/suitresses?) might be much better.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Did you tell her something weird about you, like eating roasted garlic sandwiches every day?

I won't lose sleep over her, I know I'm a good catch

No I didn't say anything weird about me, I think she just got cold feet "

Anyone with cold feet would put me off. Lol! I get terrible anxiety but I still feel the fear-induced IBS and do it anyway.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

But roasted garlic is so nice.... they have tic tac and minty gum."

It tends to flavour body fluids though

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

[Removed by poster at 23/05/23 15:13:57]

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Ok, you can’t leave that there."

Probably proposed with it

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I would rather monopolise her time. It's far cheaper than a ring and the consequences that often occur thereafter.

#PrisonSentence

#MatromonialRegrets"

Nick Cannon cannot remember the names of any of his consequences and he never married any of their mothers (except Mariah)...lol!

#manchildfree #spinsterlife

Reply privately

over a year ago

This wasn't a fab meet, it was a date from another app and to be fair I've only been cancelled on one time on fab"

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

But roasted garlic is so nice.... they have tic tac and minty gum.

It tends to flavour body fluids though "

That's fine. I like garlic and body fluids can stay on the body and in the body and not in my mouth..or anyone else's mouth if they don't want it.

I'm plus size...I choose roasted garlic over male/female body fluids any day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bummer. Sorry to hear she cancelled but also how great she hasn't consumed more of your time and hopes and was honest about her position. It's probably not much of a consolation but now you can open your arms to a new experience. And take it as slow as you like. Don't even need to label it dating or anything similar?

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

There should be a law against this type of thing "

Had this so many times. Held back from seeming too keen, or rushing things. Then have them give "hint" so I ask, then little to no effort on their part to make it happen.

I've been on both sides of the needing to cancel a date, even had it hit me that I was not just ready to date again but chatted with them about it. So I can sympathise slightly with her on that.

It is a frustration indeed. Especially when finding somebody you want to actually invite on a date is rare enough as it is.

I'm currently on the bitter and resentful side of the dating experience right now. Bored of it and just can't motivate myself to get to get to know somebody else. The past efforts have taken their toll and I need a break and refresh from it all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Had this so many times. Held back from seeming too keen, or rushing things. Then have them give "hint" so I ask, then little to no effort on their part to make it happen.

I've been on both sides of the needing to cancel a date, even had it hit me that I was not just ready to date again but chatted with them about it. So I can sympathise slightly with her on that.

It is a frustration indeed. Especially when finding somebody you want to actually invite on a date is rare enough as it is.

I'm currently on the bitter and resentful side of the dating experience right now. Bored of it and just can't motivate myself to get to get to know somebody else. The past efforts have taken their toll and I need a break and refresh from it all."

This would have been first date in a couple of years and I'm already wishing I hadn't put one in place, I've stopped looking for them but it was her idea so seemed like a good idea at the time

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cancelled a date after my mobile barber cancelled on me. Am I a bad person op?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Bummer. Sorry to hear she cancelled but also how great she hasn't consumed more of your time and hopes and was honest about her position. It's probably not much of a consolation but now you can open your arms to a new experience. And take it as slow as you like. Don't even need to label it dating or anything similar? "

Well if it's on a dating site then it's dating to me, on fab it's a meet so I approach both differently

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I cancelled a date after my mobile barber cancelled on me. Am I a bad person op? "

I have wigs for this. Lol! and head wraps.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bummer. Sorry to hear she cancelled but also how great she hasn't consumed more of your time and hopes and was honest about her position. It's probably not much of a consolation but now you can open your arms to a new experience. And take it as slow as you like. Don't even need to label it dating or anything similar?

Well if it's on a dating site then it's dating to me, on fab it's a meet so I approach both differently "

Ah sorry I didn't realise ?!

That's a let down indeed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I cancelled a date after my mobile barber cancelled on me. Am I a bad person op? "

Yes, that's a poor excuse

Reply privately

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

At least she’s not ghosted or stood you up.

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Remember PD — the only date that will never let you down is your left hand (or right hand, depending on how you hold your guitar).

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

Well if it's on a dating site then it's dating to me, on fab it's a meet so I approach both differently

Ah sorry I didn't realise ?!

That's a let down indeed. "

It is especially when it was her idea to go on one

Reply privately

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I only get exited when their car pulls up. Until then it may not happen. This has always stood me in good stead after lots of disappointments.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Remember PD — the only date that will never let you down is your left hand (or right hand, depending on how you hold your guitar)."

You've never had a string snap and hit you in the eye

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I only get exited when their car pulls up. Until then it may not happen. This has always stood me in good stead after lots of disappointments. "

I was excited at the though, dubious she'd actually show

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

I'm currently on the bitter and resentful side of the dating experience right now. Bored of it and just can't motivate myself to get to get to know somebody else. The past efforts have taken their toll and I need a break and refresh from it all."

I've been single for nearly 10 years. I tried dating for a serious relationship and I couldn't take any of the men seriously. Lol! A bit fatigued from dating for intimacy and companionship. so now all I want is a little intimacy which always seems to be less intimacy needed for women than men.

the club 3-4 times a month is enough intimacy for me.

Even arranging non-club meets is exhausting me now.

I try not to go down the bitter and resentful road...it's not good for my mental health and it could turn inward to self-h@rm and self-sabotage. I always try to nip that in the bud.

There's a lone-wolf male philosophy on social media for self-improvement and It seems to work well for some men. Definitely takes your power back when you focus less on sex and finding a sexual/romantic partner.

I pretty much did 18 months in therapy as a lone wolf it resulted in low libido and disconnection from people but it had to be done for my own growth and development...and I didn't die from lack of sex/romance.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I only get exited when their car pulls up. Until then it may not happen. This has always stood me in good stead after lots of disappointments. "

I only get excited when I actually see them....could be their wife driving their car to tell me that they are not coming. Lol! Happened before I met the girlfriend in the pub( who I have zero sexual interest in) while the guy was parking the car. Lol! I was relieved when he walked in tall smart casual with a full head of hair and a nice mischievous toothy smile.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Oh PD! This saddens me.

I only get exited when their car pulls up. Until then it may not happen. This has always stood me in good stead after lots of disappointments.

I was excited at the though, dubious she'd actually show "

Reading this gave me the ick for you.

As if I was in your same position with the same feeling of excitement and doubt I would feel ick-y..and no doubt have an anxiety-induced IBS flare-up. Lol! Omg...Nah I try to keep that adrenaline and cortisol under wraps.

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm going to create a new thread:

"PD and Nero looking for a date. Apply within".

Of course we're looking separately; I like him but I don't fancy him in •that• way.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I'm going to create a new thread:

Of course we're looking separately; I like him but I don't fancy him in •that• way. "

Be careful what you wish for. While I can't cycle to Wales I can cycle to Mayfair etc.. Lol! I could hire a car and drive to Wale but I like my bicycle more....

Unlikely today or the rest of the week though I'm in bed with some Benylin cold and flu....and my period. Might be catching....the cold and/or flu...not the period.

extra chaotic today.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I'm going to create a new thread:

Of course we're looking separately; I like him but I don't fancy him in •that• way. "

People might think we're teaming up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I cancelled a date after my mobile barber cancelled on me. Am I a bad person op?

Yes, that's a poor excuse "

Tuff tittes. At least I’ve got the MLS to look forward to in June

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well that’s rubbish, PD. Better now than afterwards, but that isn’t much help, is it?

You don’t struggle for dates though do you, so I’m sure you’ll be fine

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"I cancelled a date after my mobile barber cancelled on me. Am I a bad person op?

Yes, that's a poor excuse

Tuff tittes. At least I’ve got the MLS to look forward to in June "

Not if your barber has better things to do than cut your hair again

Reply privately

over a year ago

Port talbot

"Well that’s rubbish, PD. Better now than afterwards, but that isn’t much help, is it?

You don’t struggle for dates though do you, so I’m sure you’ll be fine "

I'll live, she's going to miss out on my awesomeness and beautiful penis

I get lots of likes but not many mutual on dating sites

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Theirs always the next day and the next day

Reply privately

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

The sun'll come out, too morrowwww...

Reply privately

By *mf123Man
over a year ago

with one foot out the door

Hope your ok shes probly got a baggy fishy fanny and farts like a sea turtle anyway

(Awaits abuse quietly in corner saying muhahahaha)

Reply privately