Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hidden Profile

Jump to newest

By *imexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

NWales

I saw someone i quite liked the sound of so thought id check their profile in anticipation only to be confronted with a 'Hidden Profile'. Why do people do that, im sure there's a reason thats not come to me yet, but it seems an odd one if youre on here and dont reveal anything about you, as to the usual information ? Oh well im sure i'll be put right.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I hide my profile sometimes usually when I'm bored of fab or just feel like hiding it because I'm not doing new meets .It saves people looking at me or messaging even though my filters are tight and I rarely get messages anyhow.

By *imexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

NWales

"I hide my profile sometimes usually when I'm bored of fab or just feel like hiding it because I'm not doing new meets .It saves people looking at me or messaging even though my filters are tight and I rarely get messages anyhow."

Ahh right, thats fair enough. Just seems odd to me if your hidden why come on here to post messages hahaha, but i understand what you say. X

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Taking a break from wanting messages but still wanting to participate

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

People usually hide their profile when they are bored, wanting a break etc.

I think it's good Fab has this option.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The above basically

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

I get winks from people that have hidden profiles. Just why

over a year ago

"I get winks from people that have hidden profiles. Just why "

Thats like getting messages from hidden profiles ... why?

By *urved HunnyWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Mines usually off unless I'm actively looking. Too many messages otherwise x

over a year ago

It's seduction.. oh oh oh oh mysterious girl I wanna get close to you.

Peter Andre gets it.

By *imexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

NWales

"Taking a break from wanting messages but still wanting to participate "

Cool.

By *imexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

NWales

"I get winks from people that have hidden profiles. Just why "

Hahahaha,weird !

By *imexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

NWales

"Mines usually off unless I'm actively looking. Too many messages otherwise x"

Fair enough

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I hide my profile sometimes when I am perving at work as unable to answer messages.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"I get winks from people that have hidden profiles. Just why

Thats like getting messages from hidden profiles ... why?"

I get those as well. Mostly women profiles It is quite odd

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"I get winks from people that have hidden profiles. Just why

Thats like getting messages from hidden profiles ... why?

I get those as well. Mostly women profiles It is quite odd "

I get this, too.

By *andadbodMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Ffs

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I get fabs on my pics, now and again, from hidden profiles... feels kind of odd when somebody apreciates our content but we can't see who it is

By *imexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

NWales

"I hide my profile sometimes when I am perving at work as unable to answer messages."

Brilliant reason ! X

By *herry delightWoman
over a year ago

Ilfracombe

I hide my profile sometimes to keep my messages down so I can try to answer some. Also sometimes when I put a new picture on it means that it's not splash all over the updates. X

over a year ago

There's many a reason on why to hide a profile.

A lot of it comes down to avoidance, be that of attention or of messages, usually messages.

No matter what is typed upon a profile bio, it's often overlooked, and so when not meeting, some will hide their profile to avoid the pointless messages.

I believe it also prevents the profile from being found in searches.

They may still want to venture into the forum, even though they're not looking to meet.

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

I can fully understand it if they want to take a break but to hide it and still come on here seems very weird. Same as those with very little information on their profile and lol Those with no Pics lol. But it takes all types to make the world go round or so they say.

over a year ago

"I can fully understand it if they want to take a break but to hide it and still come on here seems very weird. Same as those with very little information on their profile and lol Those with no Pics lol. But it takes all types to make the world go round or so they say."

Perhaps they still want to interact with those they're already engaging with

over a year ago

If I’m bored or don’t want messages

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Taking a total break from the site

Sometimes when I'm on the forums to stop new messages

When I'm on here specifically to clear down messages

When I can't sleep and killing time on her as all the fucking weirdos come out in the early hours of the morning

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I can fully understand it if they want to take a break but to hide it and still come on here seems very weird. Same as those with very little information on their profile and lol Those with no Pics lol. But it takes all types to make the world go round or so they say."

Some people use the forum beyond meeting people and some people use the site to message people they've already contacted. There are a number of uses of the site that are not getting messages from new people

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

The beauty of Fab is that you can do whatever you please with your profile, without rhyme or reason.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

The only time it makes us wonder why is when somebody winks us and you go to look at the profile and it is hidden.

over a year ago

"The only time it makes us wonder why is when somebody winks us and you go to look at the profile and it is hidden."

Yeah, the winks and messages to meet when hidden confuse us.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I often hide mine when I want to browse or use the forum in peace.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I saw someone i quite liked the sound of so thought id check their profile in anticipation only to be confronted with a 'Hidden Profile'. Why do people do that, im sure there's a reason thats not come to me yet, but it seems an odd one if youre on here and dont reveal anything about you, as to the usual information ? Oh well im sure i'll be put right."
They've been here forever and have clunge running out of every orifice and just need a break to dry out

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"The only time it makes us wonder why is when somebody winks us and you go to look at the profile and it is hidden.

Yeah, the winks and messages to meet when hidden confuse us. "

I think hidden profiles shouldnt be allowed to send winks/messages

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"The only time it makes us wonder why is when somebody winks us and you go to look at the profile and it is hidden.

I think hidden profiles shouldnt be allowed to send winks/messages "

i agree if you wink you should be allowed to be checked out

over a year ago

"Taking a total break from the site

Sometimes when I'm on the forums to stop new messages

When I'm on here specifically to clear down messages

When I can't sleep and killing time on her as all the fucking weirdos come out in the early hours of the morning

"

I love how you’ve articulated this HC, because ‘clearing down messages’ is exactly how it sounds. It can feel like sorting through your inbox at work when you’re back after annual leave (not anal, stop that )

over a year ago

I think hidden profiles shouldnt be allowed to send winks/messages "

I'm not sure about that, maybe a warning like signal, informing them they're hidden.

A message to meet is pointless, though one simply to converse, say through the forum is different.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I don't see the point in someone winking when their profile is hidden, as they're not giving away any information to make me know if I want to interact. But then maybe they aren't looking to interact and are merely using the wink as a "I like the whole profile" and aren't looking for a reply of any kind. Who knows.

But I hide when I'm not interested in interacting with anyone new. Might be for a day or two, might be for a month, possibly almost a year. I make sure anyone I want to continue talking to has at least one way to message off site, and away I go. But if I do want to mooch on back and have a look, maybe post in the forum, I can and do.

Because it is my profile and I shall use it as I desire. But then, I'm not meeting, so I don't belong here apparently. What do I know

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I often hide mine when I want to browse or use the forum in peace."

My filters help that. I'm not sure what's worse - a hidden profile or a visible profile no one can message

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't see the point in someone winking when their profile is hidden, as they're not giving away any information to make me know if I want to interact. But then maybe they aren't looking to interact and are merely using the wink as a "I like the whole profile" and aren't looking for a reply of any kind. Who knows.

But I hide when I'm not interested in interacting with anyone new. Might be for a day or two, might be for a month, possibly almost a year. I make sure anyone I want to continue talking to has at least one way to message off site, and away I go. But if I do want to mooch on back and have a look, maybe post in the forum, I can and do.

Because it is my profile and I shall use it as I desire. But then, I'm not meeting, so I don't belong here apparently. What do I know "

If you're not doing what some stranger wants, you must be shunned. Shunned!

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I don't see the point in someone winking when their profile is hidden, as they're not giving away any information to make me know if I want to interact. But then maybe they aren't looking to interact and are merely using the wink as a "I like the whole profile" and aren't looking for a reply of any kind. Who knows.

Because it is my profile and I shall use it as I desire. But then, I'm not meeting, so I don't belong here apparently. What do I know

If you're not doing what some stranger wants, you must be shunned. Shunned! "

From your fingers to the eyes of the almighty

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If you're not doing what some stranger wants, you must be shunned. Shunned!

From your fingers to the eyes of the almighty "

I'd focus on other things if I had that sort of power

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My profile is hidden as I no longer meet. I'm just here for the forum

By *exleypeteMan
over a year ago

bexleyheath

"People usually hide their profile when they are bored, wanting a break etc.

I think it's good Fab has this option. "

Have to agree

Don't know why people don't use this, instead of leaving and rejoining constantly

By *mf123Man
over a year ago

with one foot out the door

I hide mine all the time when im feeling private about my private

Post new Message to Thread