Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Philip Schofield has resigned

Jump to newest

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Although he had a high profile on British TV and has endured for decades at the highest level on the morning slot, his lack of personal chemistry with Holly Willoughby and some recent personal and family revelations seem to have further soured their declining relationship.

What do you think finished him off?

Holly seems to be a very ambitious young woman.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ackandJill1Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

His NDA's are about to run out, I suspect we'll hear a lot more about him shortly and I bet non of it will be good

By *aggonerMan
over a year ago

for a penny

Who is he?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

Holly seems to be a very ambitious young woman."

Huh?

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"Who is he? "

Daytime TV bore with a history of fisting gophers

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

A swift exit indeed.

Not the first time he's done a runner if the rumours are true.

over a year ago

If rumours are true he’ll have a lot more to worry about than being unemployed.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Seems to be the result of his brother's conviction.

By *ob and DeeWoman
over a year ago

crook

am not bothered about him. He reminds of my ex husband. A closet gay guy who like my ex hid the fact he is and then leave the mrs to pick up the pieces.

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

I could kot care less for any of them. So called celebrities don't interest me at all. Why people elevate them to such a status is beyond me. I rather hear about all the people that give their lives to support others and do some amazing work day in day out

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I don't know what's been going on. Him and Holly where very close.His brothers conviction was this week

Hearing people interviewed he wasn't such a nice guy

Only time will tell

By *nd-DCouple
over a year ago

portsmouth

Is the super injunction coming to an end ?

More to come out soon

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Good riddance, horrible little bastard

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I really don’t care for many celebrities, but he has always been a modest public figure and I fondly remember him from my childhood days watching Gordon the gopher in the broom cupboard.

As long as nothing untoward has gone on, I feel bad for him and hope he keeps his mojo. He’s going onto another itv primetime show, so he’s kept his overall job.

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Is the super injunction coming to an end ?

More to come out soon "

The existence of a Super Injunction is a Red Flag!

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I remember them when they were fawning over Boris and taking selfies with him. Either way Holly has realised he’s an issue her career can do without.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

This should be a lesson to us all.

The closest people you work with will stab you in the back to advance themselves.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

She's 42 (from memory)- hardly young and has had a long TV career.

A

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"This should be a lesson to us all.

The closest people you work with will stab you in the back to advance themselves.

"

It has happened to a lot of people, though no idea sbout this snd tbf no interest either

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Awwww poor philip

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"This should be a lesson to us all.

"

You're wired to the moon. It's to do with the grooming allegations.

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

"Who is he?

Daytime TV bore with a history of fisting gophers "

So that's why Gordon the Gopher always looked startled.

over a year ago

He’s a slime ball

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

His super injunction preventing anyone talking about a relationship he had speaks volumes.

By *arry LickitMan
over a year ago

Wales

"His super injunction preventing anyone talking about a relationship he had speaks volumes. "

What do that say to you ?

By *orthwestladinbrumMan
over a year ago

erdington

Exactly.. he's a wrong un

By *lint-EverhardMan
over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

By *ornym66Man
over a year ago

Col /ips

Goes back to the days when he was in the cupboard with the gofer

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Well, it's karma. He did for Fern Britton, and she got him on the show in the first place. Nobody is irreplaceable

over a year ago

"I really don’t care for many celebrities, but he has always been a modest public figure and I fondly remember him from my childhood days watching Gordon the gopher in the broom cupboard.

As long as nothing untoward has gone on, I feel bad for him and hope he keeps his mojo. He’s going onto another itv primetime show, so he’s kept his overall job."

My sentiments too. As a child I'd look forward to watching him and Gordon the gopher.

Nobody's perfect and nice and polite to everyone all the time. I'd be wary of someone who was.

over a year ago

As yet, unfounded allegations.

To those on this thread who've made the disgusting comments, I hope you never find yourself trying to convince people you're not the thing you're being accused of.

By *imexxxMan
over a year ago

NWales

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn !

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn !"

Thank God you are here. Now we can all read the exciting stuff you write.

Can't wait.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"

Holly seems to be a very ambitious young woman.

Huh?"

She's 42... Not exactly a "young woman"

And who cares? He's a TV presenter. I don't get the obsession people have

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Phillip Schofield has been professional throughout his career in my experience.

Only since he 'came out' and risked the wrath of the single celled brains in society ( most of which seem to post here) has his popularity began to wane.

I for one feel cripplingly sick each time I hear the recent sex offender referred to as 'Phillip Schofield's' brother.

His brother committed a crime, for which his brother has been jailed. He should have been prosecuted under his own name.

I for one would hate to carry the sins of any of my family.

The comments on here resemble a lynch mob. How moral they are when it enables them to dirty the name of someone else and how fucking immoral they are in their own right.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Phillip Schofield has been professional throughout his career in my experience.

Only since he 'came out' and risked the wrath of the single celled brains in society ( most of which seem to post here) has his popularity began to wane.

I for one feel cripplingly sick each time I hear the recent sex offender referred to as 'Phillip Schofield's' brother.

His brother committed a crime, for which his brother has been jailed. He should have been prosecuted under his own name.

The comments on here resemble a lynch mob. How moral they are when it enables them to dirty the name of someone else and how fucking immoral they are in their own right. "

John Leslie suffered the same fate. They don't refer to his brother being radio presenter Grant Stott though

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

Hmmmm

Who?

over a year ago

"Phillip Schofield has been professional throughout his career in my experience.

The comments on here resemble a lynch mob. How moral they are when it enables them to dirty the name of someone else and how fucking immoral they are in their own right.

John Leslie suffered the same fate. They don't refer to his brother being radio presenter Grant Stott though "

Didn’t John Leslie turn out to be a sex offender?

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

John Leslie suffered the same fate. They don't refer to his brother being radio presenter Grant Stott though

Didn’t John Leslie turn out to be a sex offender?"

I don't think it was ever proved. He still works on the radio and in the theatre

over a year ago

I don't think it was ever proved. He still works on the radio and in the theatre "

I’ve just had a quick google. He was cleared of all charges. I guess the papers didn’t report that as much as the did with the allegations.

By *imexxxMan
over a year ago

NWales

"Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn !

Can't wait. "

Hahahahahaha, just find him boring to chat about really, he's just a silly very naughty boy ! X

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I don't think it was ever proved. He still works on the radio and in the theatre

I’ve just had a quick google. He was cleared of all charges. I guess the papers didn’t report that as much as the did with the allegations."

No sales in that

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

I hate these sort of threads. I have no interest in celebrities whatsoever and would not make assumptions about anyone. Enjoy your day, I am out.

By *orthernJayMan
over a year ago

Canary Wharf

The comments on here resemble a lynch mob. How moral they are when it enables them to dirty the name of someone else and how fucking immoral they are in their own right. "

Do you know him personally then given your comment about him being professional throughout his career?

Let’s forget who he is and reflect that he’s a senior member of staff in a workplace and has allegedly had an extra marital affair with a younger man; no big deal if his wife is aware and let’s be honest, anyone who cares about anyone’s else’s sexuality should spend more time looking in the mirror than screaming out of the window!

But an inappropriate relationship in the workplace is more likely to be the reason Miss Holly wanted as far away from toxicity that’s blowing in the wind!

I wouldn’t know either of them if they sat next to me on the train and even if I did, I wouldn’t care!

But a super injunction has a whiff of scandal and the press will be all out for him now, they’ll be paying Z listers pennies to out him again and be the source of every rag top on Monday!!

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Whatever has go on or not gone on should of be talked about when the real facts are apparent, not just social media rumours.

Unfortunately being a celebrity or anyone in the public eye, rumours are always around. It could be a simple fact that it was easier for all involved that he removed himself and family from media spotlight

Marc

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 21/05/23 10:20:37]

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Do you know him personally then given your comment about him being professional throughout his career?

Let’s forget who he is and reflect that he’s a senior member of staff in a workplace and has allegedly had an extra marital affair with a younger man; no big deal if his wife is aware and let’s be honest, anyone who cares about anyone’s else’s sexuality should spend more time looking in the mirror than screaming out of the window!

But an inappropriate relationship in the workplace is more likely to be the reason Miss Holly wanted as far away from toxicity that’s blowing in the wind!

I wouldn’t know either of them if they sat next to me on the train and even if I did, I wouldn’t care!

But a super injunction has a whiff of scandal and the press will be all out for him now, they’ll be paying Z listers pennies to out him again and be the source of every rag top on Monday!!"

So, to sum up:

Don’t make assumptions unless you’re me and then it’s ok to make two assumptions. In the same post.

By *orthernJayMan
over a year ago

Canary Wharf

But a super injunction has a whiff of scandal and the press will be all out for him now, they’ll be paying Z listers pennies to out him again and be the source of every rag top on Monday!!

So, to sum up:

Don’t make assumptions unless you’re me and then it’s ok to make two assumptions. In the same post."

Read me again, I’ve made zero assumptions and you should have yourself a wonderful Sunday.

Happy Sunday all

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Wheres your sense of i justice, he's been forced out, i don't like the man but he hasn't done anything wrong except be bi and cheating on his wife oh and starring in the worst advert ever "we buy any car. Cum"

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Wheres your sense of i justice, he's been forced out, i don't like the man but he hasn't done anything wrong except be bi and cheating on his wife oh and starring in the worst advert ever "we buy any car. Cum" "
injustice

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

So, to sum up:

Don’t make assumptions unless you’re me and then it’s ok to make two assumptions. In the same post.

Read me again, I’ve made zero assumptions and you should have yourself a wonderful Sunday.

Happy Sunday all "

As soon as you make a statement followed by the word ‘but’ it means that you are going against what you said.

And you have assumed everything after the word ‘but’

Marc

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Not to mention the word 'allegedly' ..

Doh ..... I mentioned it.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"

So, to sum up:

Happy Sunday all "

Thank you. I’m perfectly capable of reading and understanding things the first time.

You said “an inappropriate relationship in the workplace is more likely to be the reason Miss Holly wanted…” That’s an assumption.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn !

Can't wait.

Hahahahahaha, just find him boring to chat about really, he's just a silly very naughty boy ! X"

I always used to like him ..... he became too uhmmmmm 'corporate' ... for me.

over a year ago

"Although he had a high profile on British TV and has endured for decades at the highest level on the morning slot, his lack of personal chemistry with Holly Willoughby and some recent personal and family revelations seem to have further soured their declining relationship.

What do you think finished him off?

so many rumours.

Your last sentence hangs uncomfortably given the subject.

Ambition is fucking critical

By *astandtheCurious2Couple
over a year ago

letchworth

All those saying he’s done nothing wrong, he’s admitted that he knew his brother was abusing a young lad and did nothing about it. The brother had confided in him and he did nothing to stop him! He could have helped put an end to it but he didn’t

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

I couldn't give a toss about Philip Schofield.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Who?

By *imexxxMan
over a year ago

NWales

"Yawwwwwwwwwwwwn !

Can't wait.

Hahahahahaha, just find him boring to chat about really, he's just a silly very naughty boy ! X

I always used to like him ..... he became too uhmmmmm 'corporate' ... for me."

Its like many who become popular, the Stations overexpose them to death. They appear on just about every programme going and then you get sick of the sight of them.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"I hate these sort of threads. I have no interest in celebrities whatsoever and would not make assumptions about anyone. Enjoy your day, I am out. "

Thanks for popping in.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

It was all going so well until we got bombarded with his annoying ’we buy any car’ adverts

By *ee04Man
over a year ago

Thurrock

Thank fuck he’s gone unfortunately he’ll be back

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I hope everyone said bye to him

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I don’t believe the public have a ‘right to know’ and more importantly they couldnt be arsed knowing. I have no interest at all who someone sleeps with , their sexuality or kinks unless i am involved in some way. Like comics who say - oh by the way .. big reveal - im gaaayyy - no one cares - your job description is to be funny no one cares your gay it’s immaterial. Think i need more cornflakes!!

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"It was all going so well until we got bombarded with his annoying ’we buy any car’ adverts "

The more recent ones are just as bad!!!!!!

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Who gives a fuck if he has resigned

over a year ago

Good riddance

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't see that anything has finished him. It's really sad that he left immediately but the broadcaster isn't interested in anything but its money.

It's likely very sad for the 2 stars to have a reported very good relationship now failed. But we don't know what has happened.

The few seconds coverage on the show today of his 20 years on it was sickeningly abysmal.

He's reported to have another programme on ITV coming, so it may be all he's focused on for now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"It was all going so well until we got bombarded with his annoying ’we buy any car’ adverts

The more recent ones are just as bad!!!!!! "

I think they're worse but they are all awful

over a year ago

"Is the super injunction coming to an end ?

More to come out soon "

Let's hope so the old perv

over a year ago

Glad he's gone but he was definitely forcex out. Apparently Holly was reported to have said that it was either him or her but that she didn't want to go. Makes her just as bad as him. Obviously ITV wanted to keep her so he's gone. Won't hear the end of this though as he's not the type to keep his mouth shut x

By *rofmoriartyMan
over a year ago

Nearby

"His NDA's are about to run out, I suspect we'll hear a lot more about him shortly and I bet non of it will be good"

Both him and Holly are insufferable. Jumped up daytime TV hosts.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

He doesn't need the money he certainly doesn't eat so it wouldn't be for food anyways

By *hebedsmanMan
over a year ago

Bedford(ish)

If Phillip Schofield wanted to do the 'right thing' he should of done so at his brothers trial..... His brother clearly told him his was doing things....(read the Guardian story on the whole case) Phillip chose not to give evidence, not that you could take him as a reliable witness as he lied to his wife and family for years going behind their backs..... Nevermind, there's a lovely picture of him with his mother in the telegraph today, what a caring son he is.... I would disown the pair of them if I was his mother...

By *eedsmale36Man
over a year ago

Leeds

He had to go, apparently a customer took a car to WBAC and they didn’t buy it ! Lying fucker !

By *inkyycurvyyWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Anyone who needs a superinjunction in the first place has a lot of shit to hide, nobody ever needs one for anything positive they've been up to.

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Apparently, Dermot O'Leary is destined to take up the empty seat on the couch; his style of broadcasting will probably suit this slot very well, although I personally find his style unappealing, but he has a strong following on BBC Radio 2, a station I do not normally listen to.

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"Glad he's gone but he was definitely forcex out. Apparently Holly was reported to have said that it was either him or her but that she didn't want to go. Makes her just as bad as him. Obviously ITV wanted to keep her so he's gone. Won't hear the end of this though as he's not the type to keep his mouth shut x"

Oh he will keep his mouth shut. No one likes a child groomer.

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Anyone who needs a superinjunction in the first place has a lot of shit to hide, nobody ever needs one for anything positive they've been up to. "

I thoroughly agree with your incisive analysis.

By *lecom1Couple
over a year ago

Stornoway

So what has he been up to for ITV to can him so abruptly?

By *ez669Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Listened to a podcast a while back and one of the police who worked on the jimmy savile case states there is someone on tv now who is equally as bad as savile. Never mentioned the person by name but from another source allegedly its

phillip.schofield and thats why he came out as being guy to cover stuff up. How true it is ive no idea but its been mentioned for a while

over a year ago

I think you will find, the real allegations are that he groomed a teenage boy from a young age that is now his bf….

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The "truth" will find its way out into the public domain eventually; and he has resigned from ITV.

His agent has also dumped him, for not being honest.

Closet gay married man with two children has been having a relationship with a young male runner on his ITV shop, but had been denying this fact to media

If he had come clean about it, long ago, people might probably have accepted it; it's the deceit that sinks these famous celebrities.

His TV career is probably now finished!

Post new Message to Thread