Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Positive and motivational.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've had a crappy day.

I need/want positivity and anything motivational.

And I'm pretty dam sure I won't be the only one. I know many struggle with different things in the forums. Be it mental health, illness, the struggles of their life circumstances and much more.

So post your words of positiveness, motivation and anything else that will leave any of the readers smiling, believing in themselves and feeling upbeat.

I love a quote so post them. Someone might just post something that helps right now.

And if all else fails just be a twat we can laugh at, or with.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Woman with functioning clutch catches the worm"

Said a wise philosopher today

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hope this makes you smile but I was at the bus stop after picking my daughter up from nursery. Went to sit next to her on a very very small little fence, misjudged and fell right back and nearly rollypollied . She laughed. I laughed. Hope you laugh.

And a motivational quote is something one of my fave teachers told me- when you’re in hot water, be like a kettle and sing!

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Be excellent to each other.

Bill and Ted

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman
over a year ago

In the clouds

Never regret a day in your life,

Good days bring you happiness, and bad days bring you experience :D

By *hrismcg47Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” I feel like this one I've heard before is a good one.

over a year ago

"“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” I feel like this one I've heard before is a good one."

So much easier said than done!!

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

If you are on insta, then I recommend 'disappointing affirmations' - it makes me laugh and realise I'm not the only one feeling a certain way. For example:

"It's okay to have feelings... But do you need to have so many?"

Not exactly what you were looking for OP so I'll go and try to find something more sunshiney

J

By *heBlowinsCouple
over a year ago

West Cork

Particularly relevant to fab:

"Comparison is the thief of joy"

- Teddy Roosevelt

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Whatever you do in life as long as you give 100% you're a winner!

A

*unless you're donating blood

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

One thought I always try to hold on to is "You are enough."

Not every day can be sunshine and rainbows. But keep your head high and remember the darker days are just shadows to highlight the contrast on brighter days

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

“It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.” Ram Dass

By *hrismcg47Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

"“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” I feel like this one I've heard before is a good one.

So much easier said than done!! "

Oh absolutely...it's a struggle

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Surround yourself with people that make you happy.

People who make you laugh.

Who help you when you are in need.

Would never take advantage of you.

Who generally care for you.

Those are the ones worth keeping in your life...Everyone else is just passing through

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Mine isn't a well known quote. It's something a dear friend said to me in one of her birdsong voice notes.

"The light is always there, sometimes you're just wearing sunglasses".

And then she went on to tell me about people wanting to rub themselves but you know... it was cute. :D

over a year ago

I'd rather be my honest, authentic, sparkly brilliant self and disapoint some people, then exhaust myself trying to keep up the pretence of perfection.

Also

We are all meant to shine. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking yourself so that others won't feel insecure around you. Because if we let ourselves shine we unconsciously give others permission to do so too.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I don’t really do motivational but this one has helped me a bit on the past

“He who jumps into the void owes no explanation to those who stand and watch”

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"“It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.” Ram Dass"

Ram Dass ?

Is he related to Ramit Inma Ashol ?

A

over a year ago

"“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” I feel like this one I've heard before is a good one.

So much easier said than done!!

Oh absolutely...it's a struggle "

Similar to you can't change how others act but you can change how your react.

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

You're only as much as you settle for. If they settle for being somebody's dishwasher that's their own f***ing problem. If you don't settle for that and you keep fighting it, you know, you'll end up anything you want to be.

Janis Joplin.....

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Don't run with scissors.

By *endricks321Couple
over a year ago

Oxfordshire

All things are temporary

over a year ago

I have a mantra in my life that's got me through so many trying times.

Its always OK in the end. If its not OK then it's not the end x

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Better days are coming -soon we'll be dancing in the sun... Have a listen to a bit of Dermot Kennedy

over a year ago

Sorry to hear you're going through such rubbish. This is a quote that I have come back to numerous times in my life:

Success is not final

Failure is not fatal

It is the courage to continue that counts

over a year ago

I love this quote PW, and know you'll get it x

Single is no longer a lack of options – but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out.

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"I love this quote PW, and know you'll get it x

Single is no longer a lack of options – but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out."

I need to hear this today

By *ilkstressWoman
over a year ago

Drasnia

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself - George Bernard Shaw.

over a year ago

I tried being normal today…..

It was the worst two minutes of my life..

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

It's ok not to feel ok and if you have someone, just to say hello to, who can make you smile regardless of what you have going on....call them, say hello

over a year ago

Make the goal and your target HUGE…And you cannot miss.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I've had a crappy day.

And I'm pretty dam sure I won't be the only one. I know many struggle with different things in the forums. Be it mental health, illness, the struggles of their life circumstances and much more.

So post your words of positiveness, motivation and anything else that will leave any of the readers smiling, believing in themselves and feeling upbeat.

I love a quote so post them. Someone might just post something that helps right now.

And if all else fails just be a twat we can laugh at, or with. "

Hey, OP. Sorry you’ve had a wanky day. I’m useless at the positivity and motivation so I’m going with the ‘all else fails’ option

Whenever I’m feeling down, I watch this short YouTube video. It reminds me that sometimes it’s the simplest thing that can make our day.

Turn it up and watch the whole thing.

Enjoy! (It’s totally safe, I promise)

https://youtu.be/hyp90txeNxM

over a year ago

It’ll all be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, it’s not the end

By *radesman87Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at

over a year ago

"It’ll all be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, it’s not the end "

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"“It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.” Ram Dass

Ram Dass ?

Is he related to Ramit Inma Ashol ?

A"

No, its Sanskrit and he was a student of Neem Karoli Baba.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

'In the very assurance of sorrow's ending there is more sorrow.'

'Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.'

'They also serve who only stand and wait.'

Maybe thought-provoking rather than cheerful, but, still, there is a joy in thought.

over a year ago

Thank you!

A couple from me.

Don't take criticism from someone you wouldn't seek advice from.

Unconditional love does not mean unconditional tolerance.

The may not be as positive or motivational but they work for me.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

We must recognize and nurture the creative parts of each other without always understanding what will be created.

My body writes into your flesh the poem you create in me.

By *lint-EverhardMan
over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I live by this....

Bad days only make the good days better.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

People won't like my motivational real talk on here

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

A good one from the lyrics of a very good song…

“You gotta hit the lows to feel the highs”

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"A good one from the lyrics of a very good song…

“You gotta hit the lows to feel the highs”"

And this is completely true ! If you come from a poor background and make it in life you appreciate what you've done and made as opposed to a rich kid who inherited his wealth

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

I was once in a shit place very bad very low it will never happen again but I do not need to be told I don't know nothing about depression.. depression isn't an illness it's a feeling your feeling it's a message from yourself telling you something your doing isn't right for you.. something needs to change.. you can either pretend your suffering and it's an illness or you can literally change that grey area of your life.. no one is coming to save you your in this on your own whether your single or in a relationship.. if you cannot control your own state of mind your just a feather in the wind waiting to see what direction life blows you in instead of taking control of that and deciding where the fuck you are heading .. it's your duty to yourself to make this life what you want it to be .. don't look for excuses and people to blame.. crying about depression when there's kids in Syria who have lost their parents and still wake up every day and bake bread to sell on the street hoping to buy a pair of shoes sometime next year

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I've had a crappy day.

And if all else fails just be a twat we can laugh at, or with. "

nothing as positive or motivational than creativity, i love it and yesterday i created a shelf on the top of a 1000 year old defunct chimney breast

over a year ago

Sending you hugs op

By *astandtheCurious2Couple
over a year ago

letchworth

Sorry your feeling like this op

There’s no such thing as a bad day, just bad moments we choose to take with us for the rest of the day

I like this one as it reminds me to try and find something positive in each day, no matter how small

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

“Sometimes you can only find heaven by slowly backing away from hell.”

Carrie fisher.

over a year ago

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself - George Bernard Shaw."

Oooh this resonates with me.

I can create or change different things about me...I forgot that sometimes. I get to decide how I am

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I was once in a shit place very bad very low it will never happen again but I do not need to be told I don't know nothing about depression.. depression isn't an illness it's a feeling your feeling it's a message from yourself telling you something your doing isn't right for you.. something needs to change.. you can either pretend your suffering and it's an illness or you can literally change that grey area of your life.. no one is coming to save you your in this on your own whether your single or in a relationship.. if you cannot control your own state of mind your just a feather in the wind waiting to see what direction life blows you in instead of taking control of that and deciding where the fuck you are heading .. it's your duty to yourself to make this life what you want it to be .. don't look for excuses and people to blame.. crying about depression when there's kids in Syria who have lost their parents and still wake up every day and bake bread to sell on the street hoping to buy a pair of shoes sometime next year "

So much no.

But I don't have the energy this morning to start explaining why so much of what you've written is wrong for so many people, and shows a huge lack of empathy for people living with or having partners/family/friends living with depression.

A

over a year ago

"Thank you!

A couple from me.

Don't take criticism from someone you wouldn't seek advice from.

Unconditional love does not mean unconditional tolerance.

The may not be as positive or motivational but they work for me. "

If they work for you then that is 100% all that matters. I hope today is a better day for you x

over a year ago

I got a coffee last night so that I could microwave it this morning. It is lovely.

I am so scummy.

over a year ago

"I got a coffee last night so that I could microwave it this morning. It is lovely.

I am so scummy. "

Lol you’re rotten

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

When facing an uphill challenge, don't look to the top of the mountain, just focus on the step in front of you. Rest if you must. But never give up. One step at a time.

I hope today is a better day for you OP. Do something that makes you smile.

Jo.Xx

over a year ago

"I got a coffee last night so that I could microwave it this morning. It is lovely.

I am so scummy.

Lol you’re rotten"

To the core

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

I am so scummy.

Lol you’re rotten

To the core "

It just doesn’t taste the same…

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I was once in a shit place very bad very low it will never happen again but I do not need to be told I don't know nothing about depression.. depression isn't an illness it's a feeling your feeling it's a message from yourself telling you something your doing isn't right for you.. something needs to change.. you can either pretend your suffering and it's an illness or you can literally change that grey area of your life.. no one is coming to save you your in this on your own whether your single or in a relationship.. if you cannot control your own state of mind your just a feather in the wind waiting to see what direction life blows you in instead of taking control of that and deciding where the fuck you are heading .. it's your duty to yourself to make this life what you want it to be .. don't look for excuses and people to blame.. crying about depression when there's kids in Syria who have lost their parents and still wake up every day and bake bread to sell on the street hoping to buy a pair of shoes sometime next year "

Wow… this is such a ridiculously bad take on what depression actually is, and is wrong on so many levels….. depression isn’t just feeling a bit sad…

over a year ago

"I tried being normal today…..

It was the worst two minutes of my life.."

Also this

By *aximum_funMan
over a year ago

West Herts

I don't know if I can post links out of fab but a letter that I love to read at times is one by Clarissa Estes, you can find it by searching on her and "we were made for these times"

https://www.awakin.org/v2/read/view.php?tid=2195

It talks about how the world can seem a dark place but bright souls can illuminate it.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Regret is worse than embarrassment.

That’s a good one to remember.

over a year ago

I am so scummy.

Lol you’re rotten

To the core

It just doesn’t taste the same…"

My core always tastes the same.

over a year ago

Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Life is a cunt and it’s full of cunts. Out cunt the cunts, but in a good cunt kinda way, not a cunt cunt kinda way.

over a year ago

"Life is a cunt and it’s full of cunts. Out cunt the cunts, but in a good cunt kinda way, not a cunt cunt kinda way."

Going to get this as my next tattoo.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Life is a cunt and it’s full of cunts. Out cunt the cunts, but in a good cunt kinda way, not a cunt cunt kinda way.

Going to get this as my next tattoo. "

It would be majestic!

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

"Life is a cunt and it’s full of cunts. Out cunt the cunts, but in a good cunt kinda way, not a cunt cunt kinda way."

The best….. it’s my fav word and I’m always getting told of for using…..

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Life is a cunt and it’s full of cunts. Out cunt the cunts, but in a good cunt kinda way, not a cunt cunt kinda way.

The best….. it’s my fav word and I’m always getting told of for using….."

Fuck them cunts!

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Keep being you darling.

Your frequency is slightly off so all your getting is noise.

But it's not far off.

X

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

The best….. it’s my fav word and I’m always getting told of for using…..

Fuck them cunts!"

Haha

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

The word on the cobbled streets of London is that Åfternoon Teå pretty much solves all ailments, OP.

over a year ago

"You know, you come from nothing.

You're going back to nothing.

What have you lost? Nothing!"

Mr Idle.

Post new Message to Thread