Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sam calls

Jump to newest

By *ully OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Clacton

Will these Asian Johnny English scammers ever stop ringing me?? I block every number they use but they just keep coming. Anyone else get this 2 or 3 times a week?

I guess to them as they speak English they don't realise their strong accent makes the English names they use so laughable.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

What did Sam do?

By *ully OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Clacton

What did Sam do?

Pretended he was English!

By *ully OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Clacton

I guessed not everyone would get the title.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i tell them that the call is being recorded for training purposes then put them on hold till they hang up

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I've blocked all unknown numbers now. Got fed up with it.

over a year ago

I used to keep a referee whistle by the phone but don’t get so many now.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Every Christmas Eve for the last 3 years I have been getting between 50 and 80 calls over a 24 hour period from landlines and mobile numbers. I block and report each one but every number is different.

It's just for that one day and never happens again until the following Christmas Eve.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I guessed not everyone would get the title."

Are you implying Indian people can't have English names?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

They are simply carrying out their job, their nationality and name is irrelevant.

over a year ago

"I guessed not everyone would get the title.

Are you implying Indian people can't have English names?"

He is in his OP. But won’t admit that lol

over a year ago

I bet you wouldn’t bat an eyelid at a dog called George but you draw the line at an Asian man called Dave. Weird take.

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

"They are simply carrying out their job, their nationality and name is irrelevant."

Generally they are scammers so not so sure it's a valid job.

over a year ago

"Will these Asian Johnny English scammers ever stop ringing me?? I block every number they use but they just keep coming. Anyone else get this 2 or 3 times a week?

I guess to them as they speak English they don't realise their strong accent makes the English names they use so laughable."

Tell them your name is Jim Browning (YouTube it) and they won't call again out of fear of being hacked

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I pretend to be the burglar if they ask if I’m the home owner

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

I just tell them I'm recording the conversation as I'm assisting an investigation by the SFO into fraudulent approaches, and ask them to clearly give their contact details.......bzzzzzz

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Are you implying Indian people can't have English names?"

No, Fred. Indian people can only have Indian names and English people can only have English names.

Please can all English people named Daniel, Stephen/Steven, Aaron, Noah, Luke, David/Dave, Matthew etc. all report to Dover at 08:00 tomorrow morning? You will be summarily deported by rubber dinghy back to your name's country of origin.

Thank you for your cooperation and have a lovely day!

*Greensleeves, or Bhangra equivalent*

over a year ago

No, Fred. Indian people can only have Indian names and English people can only have English names.

Please can all English people named Daniel, Stephen/Steven, Aaron, Noah, Luke, David/Dave, Matthew etc. all report to Dover at 08:00 tomorrow morning? You will be summarily deported by rubber dinghy back to your name's country of origin.

*Greensleeves, or Bhangra equivalent*"

Wait until they hear about St George

over a year ago

North West

Wait until they hear about St George "

I'm smugly in possession of a Welsh name, so do not fear name deportation. I can cope with being chucked back over the border

over a year ago

I'm smugly in possession of a Welsh name, so do not fear name deportation. I can cope with being chucked back over the border "

I have a Muslim, an “English” and a Hebrew name with a strong Geordie accent. God knows what the Home Secretary would do to me

over a year ago

I'm smugly in possession of a Welsh name, so do not fear name deportation. I can cope with being chucked back over the border

I have a Muslim, an “English” and a Hebrew name with a strong Geordie accent. God knows what the Home Secretary would do to me "

I can guess

over a year ago

I have a Muslim, an “English” and a Hebrew name with a strong Geordie accent. God knows what the Home Secretary would do to me

I can guess "

I hear Rwanda is nice the time of year.

over a year ago

North West

I have a Muslim, an “English” and a Hebrew name with a strong Geordie accent. God knows what the Home Secretary would do to me "

Have you tried Tasmania?!

*Hides from Swing*

By *ully OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Clacton

Will these Asian Johnny English scammers ever stop ringing me?? I block every number they use but they just keep coming. Anyone else get this 2 or 3 times a week?

I guess to them as they speak English they don't realise their strong accent makes the English names they use so laughable.

Tell them your name is Jim Browning (YouTube it) and they won't call again out of fear of being hacked

Yes Watched a lot of Jim Browning on YouTube brilliant job he's doing.

By *ully OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Clacton

They are simply carrying out their job, their nationality and name is irrelevant.

Don't be naive you know full well what I am saying. They are scammers trying to get access to our money by hook or by crook, they think people are stupid enough not realise a strong Asian accented person with a name like Peter English, Thomas Johnson etc will fool us. They are scammers trying to steal. If you are not troubled by their English names and nationality you entertain them give them your bank details, let them have access to your computer.

over a year ago

I wonder if there is actually someone in the UK who's name is Sam Calls.

over a year ago

North West

"I wonder if there is actually someone in the UK who's name is Sam Calls."

A quick Google says yes, there is.

over a year ago

"I wonder if there is actually someone in the UK who's name is Sam Calls."

They’re going to get a shock if they Google themselves and the first result is a swinging forum

over a year ago

My mate used to work on the call centres in the 90s and he had to ring a Mr Sechs one afternoon and burst out laughing, apparently the guy started shouting stop calling me and doing this it’s not sex it’s sechs, first time he’d ever called but the poor sod must have had it constantly.

over a year ago

"Every Christmas Eve for the last 3 years I have been getting between 50 and 80 calls over a 24 hour period from landlines and mobile numbers. I block and report each one but every number is different.

It's just for that one day and never happens again until the following Christmas Eve. "

might be Santa needing an extra pair of hands?

over a year ago

As this is your 5th thread, I'm guessing you're fairly new to the forums and haven't quite picked up on some hints and tips.

Here's one, if you want to reply to someone just use the reply and quote function, it's under each message on the right

By *ully OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Clacton

I guessed not everyone would get the title.

Seems a lot of naive people on here choose to read into my post things that I did not say.. Let me clarify. I mean every word I said, I DO listen to them first and find out what they want!

O.K. And then I KNOW they are scammers.

I don't care what their nationality is they are crooks and give their country, and if here in the U.K their people here a bad name.

By *ully OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Clacton

As this is your 5th thread, I'm guessing you're fairly new to the forums and haven't quite picked up on some hints and tips.

Here's one, if you want to reply to someone just use the reply and quote function, it's under each message on the right

Thanks I have often done that but sometimes the post will not send as the original "quote" has brackets or quotation marks or such, and on my trying to post a reply it won't go through. But thank you for your advice, I shall persevere.

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

"They are simply carrying out their job, their nationality and name is irrelevant.

Don't be naive you know full well what I am saying. They are scammers trying to get access to our money by hook or by crook, they think people are stupid enough not realise a strong Asian accented person with a name like Peter English, Thomas Johnson etc will fool us. They are scammers trying to steal. If you are not troubled by their English names and nationality you entertain them give them your bank details, let them have access to your computer."

Calm down and stop making assumptions about me allowing anyone to have access to my bank details.

I don't do drama ....

over a year ago

"As this is your 5th thread, I'm guessing you're fairly new to the forums and haven't quite picked up on some hints and tips.

Thanks I have often done that but sometimes the post will not send as the original "quote" has brackets or quotation marks or such, and on my trying to post a reply it won't go through. But thank you for your advice, I shall persevere. "

Are you trying to delete the [/ quote] part? because you have to write after that

over a year ago

I know. The only calls I get on my landline are from these chancers.

The amount of calls I've had from Sky just this week about my broadband despite the fact I haven't had sky broadband for years

Post new Message to Thread