Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Peacocking

Jump to newest

By *educing_Em OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tipperary

So this morning 8 tractor's pulled up across from my house.

I was wondering what was going on until I noticed they were all teenager's in school uniform. I had to laugh because they were all looking quite pleased with themselves.

So it got me thinking...

What have you seen or done when you were younger ,or even more recently just to look cool/impress someone.

Whether they're embarrassing stories,funny one's,leave you slowly dying in shame one's , I'd love to hear them all

Em x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I would totally have been one of those teenage lads on a tractor. I remember how excited I was about being old enough to drive one on the road before being allowed to do the same with a car.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I would totally have been one of those teenage lads on a tractor. I remember how excited I was about being old enough to drive one on the road before being allowed to do the same with a car."

Its mad really to say that a 16 year old can legally drive a massive tractor on the road but not a car

over a year ago

Glasgow

I did once drive one to school instead of getting the bus with everyone else.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I did once drive one to school instead of getting the bus with everyone else.

"

Aha there it is

By *nickers pants guyMan
over a year ago

Cork killkenny laois Limerick Offaly kildare carlow Dublin Waterford and everywhere else

"So this morning 8 tractor's pulled up across from my house.

I was wondering what was going on until I noticed they were all teenager's in school uniform. I had to laugh because they were all looking quite pleased with themselves.

So it got me thinking...

What have you seen or done when you were younger ,or even more recently just to look cool/impress someone.

Whether they're embarrassing stories,funny one's,leave you slowly dying in shame one's , I'd love to hear them all

Em x"

We used to sneak out in the fathers tractor as teens, and then drive in town to Hayes disco. How we never crashed was a miracle.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"We used to sneak out in the fathers tractor as teens, and then drive in town to Hayes disco. How we never crashed was a miracle. "

Fairly normal carry on around these parts, a rite of passage really

By *nickers pants guyMan
over a year ago

Cork killkenny laois Limerick Offaly kildare carlow Dublin Waterford and everywhere else

"We used to sneak out in the fathers tractor as teens, and then drive in town to Hayes disco. How we never crashed was a miracle.

Fairly normal carry on around these parts, a rite of passage really "

That would be the good tipperary breading

By *ittleMissFozzieWoman
over a year ago

Plymouth

I learnt to drive a tractor before a car, standard where I grew up! I would have been in one of those tractors with a bit of happy hardcore blasting brings back happy memories

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I learnt to drive a tractor before a car, standard where I grew up! I would have been in one of those tractors with a bit of happy hardcore blasting brings back happy memories "

Oh god yes the Happy hardcore was essential

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I once (well actually three times) dyed my hair blonde to impress someone. I think he appreciated it. My hair didn't!

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I once (well actually three times) dyed my hair blonde to impress someone. I think he appreciated it. My hair didn't! "

Oh no , did you do it yourself?

over a year ago

"I once (well actually three times) dyed my hair blonde to impress someone. I think he appreciated it. My hair didn't!

Oh no , did you do it yourself?"

Yes, sadly. And he still went and broke my heart.

So rude!

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I once (well actually three times) dyed my hair blonde to impress someone. I think he appreciated it. My hair didn't!

So rude! "

I winced at that I once had my sister's hair start to break off in my hands as I was washing out the bleach my heart nearly fell out my arse

The absolute cheek of that , should've put bleach in his shampoo bottle (I'm joking)

over a year ago

So rude!

I winced at that I once had my sister's hair start to break off in my hands as I was washing out the bleach my heart nearly fell out my arse

The absolute cheek of that , should've put bleach in his shampoo bottle (I'm joking) "

Oh god that would have been a terrifying moment for you!

I once ended up with a badger stripe. After crying and a few panic calls to local hairdressers, one rescued me and I was back to my natural ginger for a while.

I really should have!!

over a year ago

Glasgow

Badger stripes are cool. Just saying …

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

In my youth I used to do tricks up the local ice rink every Saturday to impress the older lads

over a year ago

Wore my turquoise MC hammer pants to the school disco. They were from Kay’s catalogue x I Honestly thought I looked the dogs. The boy I fancied did not agree it seemed. (Mrs)

over a year ago

Tipperary

"In my youth I used to do tricks up the local ice rink every Saturday to impress the older lads "

I love this

over a year ago

"In my youth I used to do tricks up the local ice rink every Saturday to impress the older lads "

that could be misinterpreted

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Wore my turquoise MC hammer pants to the school disco. They were from Kay’s catalogue x I Honestly thought I looked the dogs. The boy I fancied did not agree it seemed. (Mrs)"

He clearly had no taste

I had cargo pants with these wide string bits hanging off them everywhere,I loved them at the time

By *nickers pants guyMan
over a year ago

"Wore my turquoise MC hammer pants to the school disco. They were from Kay’s catalogue x I Honestly thought I looked the dogs. The boy I fancied did not agree it seemed. (Mrs)

He clearly had no taste

I had cargo pants with these wide string bits hanging off them everywhere,I loved them at the time "

Can't beat 90s fashion when everyone thought they were trendy

By *tterdogMan
over a year ago

South West

Honda XL, could sometimes be seen riding it naked (with helmet & gloves) up the High St for a bet. Hoping the traffic lights were on Green at the end

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Honda XL, could sometimes be seen riding it naked (with helmet & gloves) up the High St for a bet. Hoping the traffic lights were on Green at the end "

I'd be the evil one of the group hoping the lights would be red

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"In my youth I used to do tricks up the local ice rink every Saturday to impress the older lads

that could be misinterpreted "

Oiiiiiii... only by filthy minds

over a year ago

"In my youth I used to do tricks up the local ice rink every Saturday to impress the older lads

that could be misinterpreted

Oiiiiiii... only by filthy minds "

pure as the driven snow

unless my dog has been in it of course

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I once got in my car at work and, as I was driving away, began showing off to my colleagues who were all watching on. I was smiling, gesturing, dancing in my seat, driving with no hands etc. all at dead slow speed and I didn’t hit anything.

They were shouting at me and pointing to the car and laughing, so I thought I was the business.

Of course, I remembered to take that huge stack of papers off the car roof before driving off…….

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I once got in my car at work and, as I was driving away, began showing off to my colleagues who were all watching on. I was smiling, gesturing, dancing in my seat, driving with no hands etc. all at dead slow speed and I didn’t hit anything.

They were shouting at me and pointing to the car and laughing, so I thought I was the business.

Of course, I remembered to take that huge stack of papers off the car roof before driving off……. "

I actually laughed out loud at that Felix

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

I once went out in a peacock patterned suit.....

over a year ago

"Wore my turquoise MC hammer pants to the school disco. They were from Kay’s catalogue x I Honestly thought I looked the dogs. The boy I fancied did not agree it seemed. (Mrs)

He clearly had no taste

I had cargo pants with these wide string bits hanging off them everywhere,I loved them at the time "

Lush very ‘All Saints’ xx

over a year ago

He clearly had no taste

I had cargo pants with these wide string bits hanging off them everywhere,I loved them at the time

Can't beat 90s fashion when everyone thought they were trendy "

So much of it is making a come back x Drive my kids mad in Urban Outfitters going ‘ I had one of those’

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I once went out in a peacock patterned suit....."

Peacock patterned lining or the whole suit?

over a year ago

Glasgow

I was going to say that I don’t really see myself as a show-off, but then I remembered I spent almost two decades on stage with a burlesque troupe. If that’s not peacocking (with bells on, covered in glitter) then I don’t know what is.

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

I drove from Stoke Splash Down to Telford Naturist Club butt naked with 5 naked passangers in my car. It was after a BN naturist swim there. My friends and I were all camping at TNC and decided it was too hot to get dressed, just to get undressed again once back.

Never have I prayed so hard for green traffic lights.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"So this morning 8 tractor's pulled up across from my house.

So it got me thinking...

Em x"

Ate a kebab with chilli sauce instead of garlic mayo....bad man ting

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

"I once went out in a peacock patterned suit.....

Peacock patterned lining or the whole suit?"

Whole suit inside and outside....happy days...

over a year ago

When I was a teenager I tried impressing some of the boys we used to hang around with. One of them had a dirt bike and I was all “give me a shot, I’ll show you how it’s done ”. I drove it straight into a loch and had to pull myself out looking like a drowned rat while they all laughed

over a year ago

Back in my Navy flying days we had to do solo cross country navigation exercises. One of my flight was from a very posh family and his parents were having a garden party at their modest country pile. We arranged our flights so that 4 helicopters pitched up together on the front lawn and dropped in for tea for a hour. Serious posing

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

Clothes pegging cardboard through the wheel spokes to the rear forks of my Raleigh Chopper to make it sound like a motor bike. That was meant to impress Sally in my class at school - I was 8 and thought it was cool, she thought I was a nob

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I was going to say that I don’t really see myself as a show-off, but then I remembered I spent almost two decades on stage with a burlesque troupe. If that’s not peacocking (with bells on, covered in glitter) then I don’t know what is."

It most certainly is and a lot of fun too I bet

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I drove from Stoke Splash Down to Telford Naturist Club butt naked with 5 naked passangers in my car. It was after a BN naturist swim there. My friends and I were all camping at TNC and decided it was too hot to get dressed, just to get undressed again once back.

"

I'm sorry but if I pulled up beside a car full of naked people ,I would be shocked yes but it's the look on your face that would set me off

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Ate a kebab with chilli sauce instead of garlic mayo....bad man ting "

Pshh I eat my kebab with chili AND mayo

over a year ago

Tipperary

"When I was a teenager I tried impressing some of the boys we used to hang around with. One of them had a dirt bike and I was all “give me a shot, I’ll show you how it’s done ”. I drove it straight into a loch and had to pull myself out looking like a drowned rat while they all laughed "

I have secondhand embarrassment for you right now

By *acktopervMan
over a year ago

Stourport-On-Severn

"Back in my Navy flying days we had to do solo cross country navigation exercises. One of my flight was from a very posh family and his parents were having a garden party at their modest country pile. We arranged our flights so that 4 helicopters pitched up together on the front lawn and dropped in for tea for a hour. Serious posing "

I think i may well have been at this garden party, was it in Suffolk by any chance ?

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Back in my Navy flying days we had to do solo cross country navigation exercises. One of my flight was from a very posh family and his parents were having a garden party at their modest country pile. We arranged our flights so that 4 helicopters pitched up together on the front lawn and dropped in for tea for a hour. Serious posing "

That is proper impressive to be fair

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Clothes pegging cardboard through the wheel spokes to the rear forks of my Raleigh Chopper to make it sound like a motor bike. That was meant to impress Sally in my class at school - I was 8 and thought it was cool, she thought I was a nob "

I would've thought you were cool because I used to do that aswell

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

"Clothes pegging cardboard through the wheel spokes to the rear forks of my Raleigh Chopper to make it sound like a motor bike. That was meant to impress Sally in my class at school - I was 8 and thought it was cool, she thought I was a nob

I would've thought you were cool because I used to do that aswell "

I grew up and got a series 1 E*cort RS Turbo. That was more impressive with a dump valve. No car sex allowed, didn’t want to stain the velour Recaros!

over a year ago

"When I was a teenager I tried impressing some of the boys we used to hang around with. One of them had a dirt bike and I was all “give me a shot, I’ll show you how it’s done ”. I drove it straight into a loch and had to pull myself out looking like a drowned rat while they all laughed

I have secondhand embarrassment for you right now "

It wasn’t one of my finest moments

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

"Back in my Navy flying days we had to do solo cross country navigation exercises. One of my flight was from a very posh family and his parents were having a garden party at their modest country pile. We arranged our flights so that 4 helicopters pitched up together on the front lawn and dropped in for tea for a hour. Serious posing

That is proper impressive to be fair "

That’s proper

By *linky1Couple
over a year ago

Sittingbourne

He clearly had no taste

These are back in fashion big time. I made a fortune selling them first time around.

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

I remember when one lad came to school in a tractor and we all thought he was a right plank

over a year ago

"Back in my Navy flying days we had to do solo cross country navigation exercises. One of my flight was from a very posh family and his parents were having a garden party at their modest country pile. We arranged our flights so that 4 helicopters pitched up together on the front lawn and dropped in for tea for a hour. Serious posing

I think i may well have been at this garden party, was it in Suffolk by any chance ?"

No, the one I was at was in Hampshire. However, I'm sure we weren't the only ones abusing Her Majesty's aircraft..

By *addad99Man
over a year ago

Rotherham /newquay

You want to go to a young farmers night car park full of tractors great night out

over a year ago

Tipperary

"You want to go to a young farmers night car park full of tractors great night out "

Every night here is young farmer's night although silage season is here so they'll be too busy for lolling about soon

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I had cargo pants with these wide string bits hanging off them everywhere,I loved them at the time These are back in fashion big time. I made a fortune selling them first time around."

Really so much of that stuff is coming back into fashion now

over a year ago

Tipperary

"I remember when one lad came to school in a tractor and we all thought he was a right plank "

Poor lad he was probably delighted with himself

over a year ago

If I had a tractor could I pull you..? I've got powerful hydraulics.....

over a year ago

Tipperary

[Removed by poster at 17/05/23 19:50:14]

over a year ago

Tipperary

"If I had a tractor could I pull you..? I've got powerful hydraulics..... "

Depends,what kind of tractor do you have?

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I once got in my car at work and, as I was driving away, began showing off to my colleagues who were all watching on. I was smiling, gesturing, dancing in my seat, driving with no hands etc. all at dead slow speed and I didn’t hit anything.

Of course, I remembered to take that huge stack of papers off the car roof before driving off…….

I actually laughed out loud at that Felix "

Thanks, Em! Haha Are you empathically sharing my pain?

My colleagues thought it was frickin hilarious and I haven’t loved it down. There are so many other stupid things they remind me of to this day

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"When I was a teenager I tried impressing some of the boys we used to hang around with. One of them had a dirt bike and I was all “give me a shot, I’ll show you how it’s done ”. I drove it straight into a loch and had to pull myself out looking like a drowned rat while they all laughed "

I’m sorry Mrs Shiv, but that’s bloody hilarious!!! Reminds me of the inbetweeners when Jay crashed into the motorcycle dealer door

over a year ago

Tipperary

I actually laughed out loud at that Felix

Thanks, Em! Haha Are you empathically sharing my pain?

My colleagues thought it was frickin hilarious and I haven’t loved it down. There are so many other stupid things they remind me of to this day "

I feel for you I do ,but the image of you dancing in your seat thinking they were all laughing at your antics is making me laugh again

over a year ago

"When I was a teenager I tried impressing some of the boys we used to hang around with. One of them had a dirt bike and I was all “give me a shot, I’ll show you how it’s done ”. I drove it straight into a loch and had to pull myself out looking like a drowned rat while they all laughed

I’m sorry Mrs Shiv, but that’s bloody hilarious!!! Reminds me of the inbetweeners when Jay crashed into the motorcycle dealer door "

I know which scene you’re talking about

There’s been many nights just the thought of it has kept me awake felix

over a year ago

"If I had a tractor could I pull you..? I've got powerful hydraulics.....

Depends,what kind of tractor do you have? "

It's an attractive tractor shiny red and can easily be connected to other implements...

over a year ago

Tipperary

It's an attractive tractor shiny red and can easily be connected to other implements..."

Damn it wrong colour

over a year ago

I drank a whole bottle of absinthe by 3pm on my GCSE results day. Prior to this, my only experience drinking up til then having been lager. It... Did not end well haha

over a year ago

It's an attractive tractor shiny red and can easily be connected to other implements...

Damn it wrong colour "

I'm not getting any tractor traction here.... Can we just park up in the barn and play in the hay..?

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

"I drank a whole bottle of absinthe by 3pm on my GCSE results day. Prior to this, my only experience drinking up til then having been lager. It... Did not end well haha"

Shit, that sounds messy!

over a year ago

"I drank a whole bottle of absinthe by 3pm on my GCSE results day. Prior to this, my only experience drinking up til then having been lager. It... Did not end well haha

Shit, that sounds messy!"

Let's just say there was more green than an incredible hulk convention loool

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

"I drove from Stoke Splash Down to Telford Naturist Club butt naked with 5 naked passangers in my car. It was after a BN naturist swim there. My friends and I were all camping at TNC and decided it was too hot to get dressed, just to get undressed again once back.

I'm sorry but if I pulled up beside a car full of naked people ,I would be shocked yes but it's the look on your face that would set me off "

I have secondhand embarrassment for you right now

Thankyou. My cheeks were bright pink.

Also got a propper wind up once back at TNC. One on the management team told us, with a dead pan straight face that they had recived a call from the police. Kept the act up for a good 10mins watching us all pannic. Lol.

By *amsevenMan
over a year ago

cork

As a teen cycling to my local town I approached a hill where I knew a lot of girls hung out. Obviously I put my hands in my pockets as I cycled by and obviously my front wheel decided to go 90 degrees left and I head butted that road with my hands still in my pockets.

Another time I crashed my dad's tractor into my friends dad's car which my friend had borrowed, in a game of chicken... kinda by accident

over a year ago

Damn it wrong colour "

Slight tractor deviation. I work in a rural area and come harvest time, as you know, it's all hands to the pumps and tractors. These huge 4 wheel monsters are so common now and I saw one once that looked like it had no driver. Looking again I saw a tiny teenage girl perched in the driver seat with a big grin on her face, clearly having a whale of a time. It just made me smile.

Post new Message to Thread