Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you regret being single?.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I dont, but when people around is getting married. I sometimes get that thought, but it only lasts for few minututes, it also reminds me very quickly afterwards of why I like the single life

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I absolutely don't regret being single. My life is peaceful and calm compared to the chaos it was a few years ago.

Sometimes I'd like to hang out (in a sexy way) with someone I care about ...or wake up with someone I care about..but the other stuff? No thanks.

By *agnar1980Man
over a year ago

Poole

I miss waking up with someone & sharing stuff with someone & caring for someone.

I do like being single as I can do what I want but I want the things above too! I’m greedy!

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

Nope i love being single as i like my own company sometimes and when i want to be social i can be

over a year ago

Didn’t really have a choice and it’s pretty late in the day to expect things to change now.

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

Quite the opposite tbh. I regret ever getting married. I love my single life

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman
over a year ago

In the clouds

Didn't have a choice really..but yeah would be nice to not be

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Not really. Relationships can be wonderful and I miss those bits, but sometimes they can also bring out insecurities, trust issues and I feel like my wings have been clipped, which makes me miserable.

I’m a happier person when I’m single.

By *antricMasseurMan
over a year ago

Burnley/Pendle

100% NO. I get sufficient 'intimate' companionship through my massages, the rest of the time I prefer my own company & the freedom to do what I want, when I want, how I want.

over a year ago

"I absolutely don't regret being single. My life is peaceful and calm compared to the chaos it was a few years ago.

Sometimes I'd like to hang out (in a sexy way) with someone I care about ...or wake up with someone I care about..but the other stuff? No thanks. "

Definitely this…. Do not miss the noise and drama but do miss the spooning and cuddles but no regrets….. they don’t work (sing it Robbie l)

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

Absolutely not OP.

In a words of Ch. Bukowski:

“and when nobody wakes you up in the morning, and when nobody waits for you at night, and when you can do whatever you want. what do you call it, freedom or loneliness?”

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

I would like to not be single but I have been single for so many years now it’s a condition

By *asyGent75Man
over a year ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

I miss the evening company at times

By *9XAYNOR69Man
over a year ago

Centralised he/him/his From the land of haribos

I don't like it, but unfortunately and in reality it's to late for me as an older gay guy.

Grew up in a strict military Maltese background

Got married beautiful daughter separated divorced

Have a great relationship with my x partner and daughter.

Been on my own for more years than I care to count and can't see that changing so make the most of it

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I don’t regret it no, it’s a very conscious decision to stay single. But it makes me a little bit sad sometimes , mostly because I meet some amazing women on here who would make great partners

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Sometimes... But then friends often remind me of the issues in their relationships, which makes me quite happy that I don't have to put up with any of that!

By *uckoldDesiresMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Yes for sure I do. But having spent a long time in a relationship that was kinky and then a period in one that wasn't, Im not prepared to settle this time until I find that elusive cuckoldress.

By *amnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

tf1

Yeah I miss having someone sometimes

It’s swings and roundabouts isn’t it. Good bits and bad bits to being single or being in a relationship

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

No I more regret being caught wanking in Costa

By *emma200Woman
over a year ago

Warwickshire

No.. especially when you’ve parted from a shit marriage ….

However cuddles and spooning … I miss X

By *ooroo2019Woman
over a year ago

Chester

About 99% of the time I live being single. Every now and again though I’d love someone to share my successes with and to celebrate things with.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

No I don't

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

"No.. especially when you’ve parted from a shit marriage ….

However cuddles and spooning … I miss X"

Noted* cuddler extrodanaire, master Spooner herec

By *eard and TattsCouple
over a year ago

Cwmbran

I miss lots about single life but not enough to make the change. My home life is complete

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Do I regret being single? No, not at all.

Do I dislike not having as much sex as I would like? Definitely, but then that's a problem for plenty of people in relationships too.

By *orestguy28Man
over a year ago

Glos

This could turn into a pretty good dating thread this if there are any genuine lonely hearts out there.

Could also be a good place to find some genuine non sexual friendships. No piss taking but it’s ok to not be ok - everybody needs a hug now and then!!

By *ostindreamsMan
over a year ago

London

People need a sense of belonging. At the same time, as a divorcee, I understand how disastrous bad relationships can be.

The way I see it, being in a good relationship is much better than being single. But being single is much better than a relationship that you aren't fond of.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I just like to have fwb... hubby was too much for me

By *nked rascalMan
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

It suits me being single right now. I think there’s more advantages than disadvantages

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I do because it means my ex is my ex we are amazing at being friends but crap at being a couple. 32 years together but it just reached a point where we were content to say hmmm let’s not try to make this work it works better another way. Which is why we get on so well… do occasional things together - do family stuff with no drama - but top and bottom it didn’t work as we both wanted it to - so yes theres regret for that.

So I come on here - look at boobs and make a nuisance if myself on people’s threads… its my new career!!

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"I would like to not be single but I have been single for so many years now it’s a condition "

Fascinating way of thinking

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/05/23 08:25:35]

By *thleticrugby88Man
over a year ago

Near Hereford

"Yeah I miss having someone sometimes

It’s swings and roundabouts isn’t it. Good bits and bad bits to being single or being in a relationship "

I think this sums it up about right.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I absolutely don't regret being single. My life is peaceful and calm compared to the chaos it was a few years ago.

Sometimes I'd like to hang out (in a sexy way) with someone I care about ...or wake up with someone I care about..but the other stuff? No thanks. "

That sounds good and yes, in a sexy way. I also like the calm and peacefulness with the single life

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Love being single as I am a bit of a loner. Quite content sharing my life with my dogs.

By *hinstrapMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

At the time I didn't have any choice in the matter. Looking back it was best thing she ever did for me. It all depends what you want and need from life and everyone is different

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Didn't have a choice really..but yeah would be nice to not be"
That is also good .

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fuck no

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

No, I'm too tired and lazy to work at a relationship now.

My marriage took a lot out of me and I'd want to be able to have time and energy for another man.

By *issy_sub_rTV/TS
over a year ago

Near Thatcham

Nope, don't regret it at all. Gives me the freedom to enjoy doing what I want, when I want, with who I want. Ok, there is the odd evening alone on the sofa with crap telly when I feel a bit lonely, but generally, very happy with the single life.

over a year ago

Nope

over a year ago

Yes someone as awesome as me really should be shared

By *arry LickitMan
over a year ago

Wales

No I love being single and it suits me because I constantly travel around with work, relationships don't work well.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I dont, but when people around is getting married. I sometimes get that thought, but it only lasts for few minututes, it also reminds me very quickly afterwards of why I like the single life "

I've been married before so I do not currently regret my single life. I don't have a lot of regrets at all. I did the best I could with what I had been given.

over a year ago

I love the ability to do my own thing and the variety that can bring.

However, this last week has been hard because all I really want is a big hug that makes me feel safe and less like I'm on my own.

So it does have a downside

I'm lucky though, friends on hand and my sons too. It's just times like this I sometimes wish for more.

over a year ago

Regret? Like it was a choice?

It’s all sadness that I found myself single, and I’ll never forget trying everything I could have to save my marriage, so I left without any regret.

I smile when I see others in love. It’s sweet to know it’s still out there.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

No regrets at being single. been that way for many years, too old to change my ways now.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I do. I mean, regret is a strong word. I don’t regret choosing to end relationships or choosing not to take things further after a first date. I’m not with now because I could see at least one reason not to be.

But I deeply miss the loving company of a partner. I miss growing in a relationship with someone as we learn each other, intimacy, laughing together, days out, weekends away, holidays, having a best friend who knows me so I can truly talk about how I feel (not the guy version, which is “Alright?” “Yeah, you?” “Yeah”).

I miss being part of a thing. I love the feeling of knowing someone fancies and loves me as much as I love them. The thought of having companionship in old age.

I have always been a bit of a loner. And I don’t doubt I have pushed people away because of that. But I’ve now been alone for years and it’s made me lonely. I have some great friends but they have their own lives. I want someone who is an active part of my life. I know that may come with occasional arguments, disappointment, upset and pain. But that is what you get from being vulnerable to someone and caring so much, that it upsets you to have that rocked.

Sigh…..

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"I love the ability to do my own thing and the variety that can bring.

However, this last week has been hard because all I really want is a big hug that makes me feel safe and less like I'm on my own.

So it does have a downside

I'm lucky though, friends on hand and my sons too. It's just times like this I sometimes wish for more.

"

I hear you and I understand

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

No much prefer this single life x

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Fuck no "

Could you be a little less indecisive??

By *nowwhitexxx1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

There’s nothing to regret. I would prefer not to be and am actively looking to date but life keeps throwing me back into the single life so all I do is try to embrace it, focus on me and the positives in terms of I can do what I like when I like etc.

Life is too short to have regrets.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I regret being single because of the circumstances I became single. But I will never want another man now

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Absolutely not ...

If I'd have stayed in the situation I was a few years back I wouldn't have had all the adventures and met so many amazing people ..

Yes I occasionally miss waking up with someone every morning but definitely happy single ...

I'd never say never though tbf

over a year ago

I've been single now for 5 years.

In the last 7 months I've absolutely loved being single. I've achieved quite a bit in my professional life, and I'm mentally in a great place. Yes I occasionally get lonely, and I miss some things about a relationship, but that passes very quickly.

It would now take someone very very special to change my mind and relationship status.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I was talking about this with a friend last night. We were both saying the same as you, essentially.

She made the point though, which comes first: Sex or the care? Are people willing to invest the time and then sometimes if you do then someone can want more and it can breakdown anyway. Catch 23

over a year ago

I'm not single, and I would very much regret it if I was. I always have someone to share my days and nights with, I always have someone on my side when nobody else seems to be and I always have someone to share the good and the bad stuff with me.

Bess x

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I love being single , I like my own company too much

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

I enjoy it but it's not a choice so not sure how I could have regrets about it. I just try to embrace it and make the most of the situation I'm in. It is what it is till it isn't

over a year ago

The only regret I have about leaving my husband was not doing it sooner. So much wasted time.

I miss parts of being in a relationship. My life is good, someone will need to really add a lot to my life to make me want to change it.

over a year ago

I kind of regret not staying single. Ideally I'd live next door to a lover so we both retain our independence but we can easily slip next door for filthy sex when we feel horny

By *empusMan
over a year ago

Poole

No.

Been cheated on twice before so trust is an issue. Also, just love the freedom of being single.

over a year ago

"I kind of regret not staying single. Ideally I'd live next door to a lover so we both retain our independence but we can easily slip next door for filthy sex when we feel horny"
This is the ideal I think. Close but not too close

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I hope to retain my happily singleish status forever.

I have partners I care deeply for and know I can turn to if needed, and they can do the same, but I get to keep my own space and freedom

By *ansexualPandaMan
over a year ago

Near You

Not often. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be partnered up but I couldn't give up my sexual freedom. They'd need to either understand or join in. It's always been an issue in past relationships.

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Absolutely not OP.

“and when nobody wakes you up in the morning, and when nobody waits for you at night, and when you can do whatever you want. what do you call it, freedom or loneliness?”"

I call it Oneness...

Oneness (n.)

1590s, "quality of being just one, unity, union;" 1610s, "sameness, uniformity," from one + -ness.

The modern word appears to be a re-formation; Middle English onnesse (Old English annes "unity, agreement, solitude") vanished after 1400.

By *r Mind CandyMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Yes I deeply miss having a partner.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

No, I get to do what I like when I like. The older I get the more I value my leisure time. I don’t want the hassle of fitting into someone else’s life and habits.

There are some disadvantages but In general I’m quite content being on my own.

By *akedMMan
over a year ago

Witney

I like being single. I can do what I want to. But I do miss company like days out kiss and cuddle. Was married for 25 years

over a year ago

Sometimes I'd like to hang out (in a sexy way) with someone I care about ...or wake up with someone I care about..but the other stuff? No thanks.

I was talking about this with a friend last night. We were both saying the same as you, essentially.

She made the point though, which comes first: Sex or the care? Are people willing to invest the time and then sometimes if you do then someone can want more and it can breakdown anyway. Catch 23 "

The care comes first for me, without that there would be no sex. Yes, if there's someone I want to invest time with then I'm more than willing to do so..if wanting more happens then we talk about it..

It either means more happens or it doesn't, same as with any relationship what people want or need can change.

By *bwgirlygirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Not at the moment. I do think it's a bit of a waste tho as my relationships have been pretty outstanding and it's a shame me or someone else is missing out on that

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Sometimes, I'm not far from the odd reminder of the drama of being in a relationship.

over a year ago

"I do. I mean, regret is a strong word. I don’t regret choosing to end relationships or choosing not to take things further after a first date. I’m not with now because I could see at least one reason not to be.

But I deeply miss the loving company of a partner. I miss growing in a relationship with someone as we learn each other, intimacy, laughing together, days out, weekends away, holidays, having a best friend who knows me so I can truly talk about how I feel (not the guy version, which is “Alright?” “Yeah, you?” “Yeah”).

I miss being part of a thing. I love the feeling of knowing someone fancies and loves me as much as I love them. The thought of having companionship in old age.

I have always been a bit of a loner. And I don’t doubt I have pushed people away because of that. But I’ve now been alone for years and it’s made me lonely. I have some great friends but they have their own lives. I want someone who is an active part of my life. I know that may come with occasional arguments, disappointment, upset and pain. But that is what you get from being vulnerable to someone and caring so much, that it upsets you to have that rocked.

Sigh….."

^ this sums me up.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/05/23 17:51:21]

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I love being single, as it gives me the freedom to roam the country, visiting special friends

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I prefer being single. Seen too many breakups.

over a year ago

I can't imagine not being single anymore. I get agitated if anyone hangs about for longer than a morning coffee! I like my space and my life as it is.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Can you regret something out of your control?

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Yes very much haha

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

I actually don’t want to be single, but I am so guarded, so hesitant of letting someone in, even overwhelming guilt about having feelings for someone other than my late partner. They feel I’m not interested and move on.

They feel I’m not interested while I’m planning my life with them….

I’m an emotional void to strangers, hence being here, helping others.

over a year ago

There's times where I miss having someone.. or rather someone to hold before I go to sleep. It's those little lonely moments that are difficult. Other than that I'm very happy to be single

over a year ago

"Absolutely not OP.

“and when nobody wakes you up in the morning, and when nobody waits for you at night, and when you can do whatever you want. what do you call it, freedom or loneliness?”

"

I’ve just written that down. Thank you!

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Yes. It's fucking awful

Ps...not by choice

By *atalie..Woman
over a year ago

Bolton

No.

I love being single.

I go on date's and have fun, but that's about it.

I've never been married either.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

To elaborate I hate it. Hate waking up alone, hate going to bed alone, sitting watching telly alone on a night time. Feels worse being stuck in the same house they was the family home now with members missing. My two sons still here but either are out or in rooms so house always feels empty. I enjoyed having someone to plan future with, to work on building a better life with. Still have goals and dreams but they feel kinda pointless alone

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"To elaborate I hate it. Hate waking up alone, hate going to bed alone, sitting watching telly alone on a night time. Feels worse being stuck in the same house they was the family home now with members missing. My two sons still here but either are out or in rooms so house always feels empty. I enjoyed having someone to plan future with, to work on building a better life with. Still have goals and dreams but they feel kinda pointless alone "

Ditto son. Feel your pain

over a year ago

God no, the guy I was with last wanted to be with me everyday even thou we worked together, I like my own space and independence, can’t stand clingy

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"God no, the guy I was with last wanted to be with me everyday even thou we worked together, I like my own space and independence, can’t stand clingy "

Difference between clingy and togetherness.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I love the freedom of being single. I was a lot more lonely when I was in a bad marriage than I am being in my own company.

Would be lovely just sometimes to spend time with someone I care about though

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I love the freedom of being single. I was a lot more lonely when I was in a bad marriage than I am being in my own company.

Would be lovely just sometimes to spend time with someone I care about though "

Yeah....

over a year ago

"God no, the guy I was with last wanted to be with me everyday even thou we worked together, I like my own space and independence, can’t stand clingy

Difference between clingy and togetherness. "

Nope he was definitely clingy

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"God no, the guy I was with last wanted to be with me everyday even thou we worked together, I like my own space and independence, can’t stand clingy

Difference between clingy and togetherness.

Nope he was definitely clingy "

Agreed. Not healthy

over a year ago

I'm not a fan so far.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No. It's fantastic, I love being single . Relationships are fine. I'm single and not rushing to change it.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Don't regret it, it's less hassle until the perfect one comes along

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I prefer being single. Seen too many breakups."
That is good, to be single too

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

I should have enjoyed being single much more than I did. Marriage has taught me the value of being your own person, sleeping with whoever you want whenever you want and being independent. Love my wife as I do, I still love many other women too and need them just as much as I need my wife. In many ways it would be so much easier not to have got attached to just one person.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm very happy single, I always keep busy, I'm selfish and just like doing the things I want.

Luckily I'm still very good friends with my ex wife and we sometimes socialise together. This weekend we're going to a music festival together.

over a year ago

I don't regret the decision I made to end a very unhappy marriage. I don't miss the arguments and drama.

I've not had the sort of loving supportive relationship I wanted so it's hard to miss what you've never really had.

I mosrly enjoy my own company and not having to share my space. There are tines I am lonely.

over a year ago

"To elaborate I hate it. Hate waking up alone, hate going to bed alone, sitting watching telly alone on a night time. Feels worse being stuck in the same house they was the family home now with members missing. My two sons still here but either are out or in rooms so house always feels empty. I enjoyed having someone to plan future with, to work on building a better life with. Still have goals and dreams but they feel kinda pointless alone "

Snap!

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I love being single, as it gives me the freedom to roam the country, visiting special friends "
Yes, that sounds good to me

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I dont, but when people around is getting married. I sometimes get that thought, but it only lasts for few minututes, it also reminds me very quickly afterwards of why I like the single life

I've been married before so I do not currently regret my single life. I don't have a lot of regrets at all. I did the best I could with what I had been given."

That sounds good to me

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Most of the time I'm perfectly happy being single. Every so often I remember that it's mostly because I've decided I'm undateable... sometimes when all my friends are in couples I feel like the odd one out... or I miss the nice things that apparently couples do.

By *lubchuckerMan
over a year ago

Oxfordshire

Yes absolutely, for me it's not by choice but being out of what turned into a toxic relationship is the best thing that happened to me in a long time.

Being single has its up side but so many downs as well, loneliness and boredom are mind numbingly monotonous but on the plus side i can do what i want when i want but it would be so much nicer and healthier to have that one special person to share things and do things with.

over a year ago

Been single for 7 years now and I’m fairly happy with it. I enjoy my own company and the peace & quiet.

The thought of a relationship sounds good in theory but I’m not sure I’d be willing to give up my free time. X

over a year ago

Can't deny it would be lovely to be in a relationship after being single for so long.

I just want to find someone who wants to be with me because of 'who' I am and not 'what' I am.

over a year ago

Spent most my life being single, have dated occasionally and longest relationship lasting less than 6 months. I've used work as an excuse and has proven to be lonely at times seeing how friends are mostly happy in their relationships. I'm coming to a point after parents health scares of realising there is more to life than stress from work and need to re-look at my personal priorities

over a year ago

I don’t like being single tbh …

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I've never regretted anything less!

Maybe there will come a day when I struggle to find intimacy and I regret not having a partner on hand, but I've not experienced that yet.

I love my single life and I've not yet met anyone who has made me think that a relationship would be worth sacrificing it.

By *rispyDuckMan
over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

I’m single by choice, so don’t regret it but enjoy every second of it

By *oco_marsWoman
over a year ago

Stockport

I've only been single since January, cutting off that relationship was the best move I've made in years. I get a bit lonely sometimes, but still never feel as lonely as I felt with him sometimes.

Post new Message to Thread