FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What is your current relationship with food?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

If you could score how you feel from 0 to 10? If 10 out of 10 is perfect, if 10 is perfect like no restricting or unhealthy diet behavior.

I would say I am a 7.5. I do like treats as well

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't really score anything in my life but I do have a good relationship with food. I eat a good diet and don't view any food as either good or bad or even worse 'century's

I'm lucky because although my mum had huge issues around food she didn't ever make it obvious when I was a child so she didn't pass it on to me

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

8/10 on a slight deficit but not restricting my choices too much

By *inballs99Man
over a year ago

Blackheath

7/10 I do love chocolate

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't really score anything in my life but I do have a good relationship with food. I eat a good diet and don't view any food as either good or bad or even worse 'century's

I'm lucky because although my mum had huge issues around food she didn't ever make it obvious when I was a child so she didn't pass it on to me"

Well that'll teach me (yet again) to proof read.

That should read 'or even worse 'naughty''

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

My moto is eat what you like but sensibly and ensure you get all the necessary stuff such as vitamins, minerals etc in what you choose.

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

Poor for the next week. 4/10. Will be better next week in the build up to the summer

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Food and me have an excellent relationship, I can eat just about anything

Oh, with the exception of soft French cheese, but then nobody should be eating that anyway

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"My moto is eat what you like but sensibly and ensure you get all the necessary stuff such as vitamins, minerals etc in what you choose. "

That's my motto too.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

About 6.5 currently I’ve lost even more weight recently purely through being super active and doing lots of cardio daily, but my diet’s actually quite bad lately (way too sweet) so am getting a grip on that

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"My moto is eat what you like but sensibly and ensure you get all the necessary stuff such as vitamins, minerals etc in what you choose.

That's my motto too. "

I hope you are not saying that because I complimented you on your lovely summery atire and pose

over a year ago

Hmm i feel like I'm a 6-7

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

10 I eat and drink whatever and whenever I want, I love food.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Didn’t really understand the scoring system for this one bud.

Would say about 70/30 when it comes to “clean” vs “filth”. That said I smash a pastry & caramel latte pre gym every day currently and have been the chippy 3 out the last 4 days!

Guess that would be a happy 5…he says as he’s off for a fry up before leg day.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"My moto is eat what you like but sensibly and ensure you get all the necessary stuff such as vitamins, minerals etc in what you choose. "

I’m horrific for the vitamins and micronutrients as cannot stand veg.

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I don't really score anything in my life but I do have a good relationship with food. I eat a good diet and don't view any food as either good or bad or even worse 'century's

I'm lucky because although my mum had huge issues around food she didn't ever make it obvious when I was a child so she didn't pass it on to me

That should read 'or even worse 'naughty'' "

I thought you might have meant that some food is so last century. Like black forest gateaux or pineapple and cheese hedgehogs

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I'd say around a 6/10. I need to track macro nutrients more so my diet can complement what I want to achieve at the gym. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with my diet although and eat really well during the week although I can snack a lot as well as I have a monstrous sweet tooth.

By *mf123Man
over a year ago

with one foot out the door

As it stands it only fuels the pebbles as they await dashing

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"My moto is eat what you like but sensibly and ensure you get all the necessary stuff such as vitamins, minerals etc in what you choose.

I’m horrific for the vitamins and micronutrients as cannot stand veg. "

Sneak them in meals that you can't see them like people do with kids tgat dont like vegetables. Eat more fruit and nuts. Also people use supplements but not sure how effective or not that might be.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I thought you might have meant that some food is so last century. Like black forest gateaux or pineapple and cheese hedgehogs "

I love a cheese and pineapple hedgehog! Never liked black forest gateau though, too sweet for me

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I am probably a 7 or 8 with food. Generally eat pretty healthily but the occasional takeaway on the weekend.

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

I thought you might have meant that some food is so last century. Like black forest gateaux or pineapple and cheese hedgehogs

I love a cheese and pineapple hedgehog! Never liked black forest gateau though, too sweet for me "

Nothing wrong with Abigail's party every now and then

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I'd say around a 6/10. I need to track macro nutrients more so my diet can complement what I want to achieve at the gym. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with my diet although and eat really well during the week although I can snack a lot as well as I have a monstrous sweet tooth."

Same! My sweet tooth is ravenous currently!!

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I’m horrific for the vitamins and micronutrients as cannot stand veg.

Sneak them in meals that you can't see them like people do with kids tgat dont like vegetables. Eat more fruit and nuts. Also people use supplements but not sure how effective or not that might be. "

I supplement and neck super greens daily bud. I’m pretty much the anti vegan.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/05/23 10:11:33]

By *ddkkk91Man
over a year ago

fife

Hate and love..

Love eating it... food hates me..

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

That should read 'or even worse 'naughty'' "

That is good that you dont score and same here, lol at proof read. I also have a healthy relationship with food, although I like to have portion control

over a year ago

Would say not great. I don't cook so eat out a lot, which does have some benefits of getting me out and interacting with others. But where I choose to eat has limited menu and little veg.

Though I do only eat one main meal a day

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I'd say around a 6/10. I need to track macro nutrients more so my diet can complement what I want to achieve at the gym. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with my diet although and eat really well during the week although I can snack a lot as well as I have a monstrous sweet tooth.

Same! My sweet tooth is ravenous currently!!"

I can generally control it in the week but I go absolutely mental on the weekend

over a year ago

Kebabs Pringles fish chips battered fish only all you can eat breakfast

Maybe pizza garlic bread

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I'd say around a 6/10. I need to track macro nutrients more so my diet can complement what I want to achieve at the gym. Overall though, I'm pretty happy with my diet although and eat really well during the week although I can snack a lot as well as I have a monstrous sweet tooth.

Same! My sweet tooth is ravenous currently!!

I can generally control it in the week but I go absolutely mental on the weekend "

I ‘smoke’ before bed to help with sleep (and ptsd) and that’s when I get the chocolate cravings BAAAD!! If there’s anything remotely sweet in the house it gets destroyed.

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

I’m 8/10 up to 7pm and then don’t get in the way of the treat cupboard or it could get nasty…..

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

Correct thread today….. sorry!!

over a year ago

Definitely a zero right now. I’m in free fall bad behaviours

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"If you could score how you feel from 0 to 10? If 10 out of 10 is perfect, if 10 is perfect like no restricting or unhealthy diet behavior.

I would say I am a 7.5. I do like treats as well "

I have a great relationship with food. I'm currently polyamorous with cake, donuts and curry.

Divorced from salad and am seeing pineapple regularly on the side.

A

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Seafood diet

over a year ago

I drink water sometimes.

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

Im good. Generally vegetarian, and eat meat when my body needs it.im told I should drink more water. Ive a soft spot for Danish pastries.

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

I had a terrible relationship with food for years. Pandemic made it ten times worse. But a wake up call from the GP threaning me with medication for type 2 diabetes did the trick. I was borderline and way over weight. 12 months on and I've lost over 6st and still dropping. I have a much better relationship with what I eat. My figure is almost back to where I was in my late 20 to early 30s and I feel great. I now like what I see in the mirror, feel sexy in saucy underwear and love shopping again.

I have gone low carb no sugar. Easy as not a sweet tooth. But I was a carb lover. I swapped them out for lower alternatives. Also intermitent fasting.

Id say im 9/10. Still a work in progress. Want to loose anther 12lbs or so.

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"If you could score how you feel from 0 to 10? If 10 out of 10 is perfect, if 10 is perfect like no restricting or unhealthy diet behavior.

I would say I am a 7.5. I do like treats as well

I have a great relationship with food. I'm currently polyamorous with cake, donuts and curry.

Divorced from salad and am seeing pineapple regularly on the side.

A"

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

5... Some times I'm really good, and eat 3 times a day, other days I just pick.

I just got my period, so the last 3 days there's been a lot of cake... lol

Other times I just can't bare the thought of eating things, like their texture makes me feel sick. I go through phases of eating one or 2 kinds of dinners.

over a year ago

I eat what I want, I try to be healthy most of the day but then have something I really want for tea!

over a year ago

I made an apple and rhubarb crumple at the weekend, and yesterday I emptied my freezer of all the summer fruit and have made the worlds largest pot of stewed fruit - could have turned it into jam, but will make some pastry and create a number of pies.

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

Todays menue is. Coffee for breakfast. fresh berries, plaun yogurt, nuts/seeds for lunch and roast veg tray bake with hullumi tonight.

Realy fancy a gingerbread latte from costa. So now off for a 3mile walk to go get it. Then walk back again. My only sweet weakness.

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I really enjoy food, but I’m lucky that I really enjoy quite healthy food. I like sweet things sometimes but I equally enjoy fruit or yoghurts as a snack. I enjoy cooking stuff from scratch too so I know what’s in the food I eat, and when I do want sweet things it’s often stuff I’ve baked myself, I made a batch of custard tarts yesterday which are definitely in the more naughty category though

over a year ago

"Todays menue is. Coffee for breakfast. fresh berries, plaun yogurt, nuts/seeds for lunch and roast veg tray bake with hullumi tonight.

Realy fancy a gingerbread latte from costa. So now off for a 3mile walk to go get it. Then walk back again. My only sweet weakness."

That all sounds very delicious. And props on the walking for the Costa - that’s what I do to offset my sweet tooth it works too

By *r SxxMan
over a year ago

ashford

Not very good atm!

Diet isn't good. Mainly due to time, life stress, no gym, motivation.

I keep saying I'll get it in track....been months haha

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I eat it

By *weetiepie99Woman
over a year ago

cardiff

We love each other, too much!

By *arry LickitMan
over a year ago

Wales

We get on well. 10 for a spicy curry after a few drinks.

over a year ago

Food loves me so much it clings on to my hips forever

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's giving me the silent treatment.

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

"I really enjoy food, but I’m lucky that I really enjoy quite healthy food. I like sweet things sometimes but I equally enjoy fruit or yoghurts as a snack. I enjoy cooking stuff from scratch too so I know what’s in the food I eat, and when I do want sweet things it’s often stuff I’ve baked myself, I made a batch of custard tarts yesterday which are definitely in the more naughty category though"

Yougurt and fruit is my brunch lol. Along with nuts and seeds.

Love baking too. Before my health kick I tought myself how to grow my own wild starter and baked sourdough regularly. Its an art.

Tots get cooking from scratch. Tastes better, food goes further and I love watching family and friends as they eat and enjoy.

I've just learned to adapt my cooking to suit my low carb life.

over a year ago

Like a 5. I do have a tenancy to eat my feelings so if I'm down, I don't have a good relationship with food at all.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Probably about a 5.

I eat such crap!! Although I do have Huel smoothies for breakfast and lunch every day and soreen malt loaf for snacks.

Some of my dinners have vegetables if I’m feeling bad for not having any for a few days. Which is weird because I like vegetables, they just bore me.

Most of the time I cook my own evening meals and that is a 50/50 split between good food and crap. Usually once every 10-14 days I’ll get a takeaway.

And I’m addicted to Costa hot chocolates.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I drink water sometimes. "

I'd love to drink more water but I feel like the side effect of getting up to pee every 15 mins negates the benefit

over a year ago

I eat what I want when I want ..life is too short , I love food and food loves me it doesn't get less complicated than that.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I used to be a one with an unhealthy comfort eating habit. I'm now a 3 and I've lost a stone so far

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"I used to be a one with an unhealthy comfort eating habit. I'm now a 3 and I've lost a stone so far "
good luck

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

I treat food as fuel but that fuel does include chocolate.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I love food me. If I’m hungry I eat. If I’m not I don’t. Some days I score 0. Some 10.

Much the same as the rest of my life

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mines terrible. I was fine until my partner died now my eating is just out of control

By *omingInHotttCouple
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Reading this whilst eating a sharing bag of crisps

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I used to be a one with an unhealthy comfort eating habit. I'm now a 3 and I've lost a stone so far good luck"

Thank you

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I'd say 8.5. I review ingredients and reject anything high in salt and/or sugar.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Awful. Try to be good during the day then blow it of an evening with snacks.

over a year ago

I have a reasonably good relationship with food. I rarely snack, and I don't tend to put weight on. I eat better now than I did a couple of years ago, I wasn't particularly eating well and although I wasn't overweight I was bloated in the torso a little.

By *tsalwaysthequietonesCouple
over a year ago

Lancs

I just ate 5 morrisons strawberry doughnuts in bed and i'm not even sorry about it.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Maybe a 2.

It seems a lot of hassle and I generally can't be arsed with it. But understand it is necessary and can be begrudgingly civil with it when needs be.

Unless it's a biscoff kitkat. Then it's a 10.

over a year ago

3,I've been in recovery for bulimia for around 5 years but it doesn't get easier.

over a year ago

"3,I've been in recovery for bulimia for around 5 years but it doesn't get easier. "

Very courageous of you to share that. I hope you can maintain your recovery x

over a year ago

6, trying to eat better in terms of lower carb, higher fat/protein to help with T2 Diabetes and am back in pre-diabetic area and some weight coming off with more walking but stress from work doesn't help my eating habbits

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"I used to be a one with an unhealthy comfort eating habit. I'm now a 3 and I've lost a stone so far "
Well done, that is good going

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

That's my motto too. "

That is a good one and same here, it is my motto as well

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

[Removed by poster at 16/05/23 17:42:17]

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

8/10 I’d say

I’m training for a possible competition, so atm it’s pretty good. The intensity and consistency of training means I’m super active at least 5 days a week and therefore I’m not super strict with food.

No takeaways, fast food and no alcohol are my rules but other than that if I want it I can have it as long as I cook it and I’m in a deficit or very close to BMR. Water consumption has gone right up 4/5 days a week too which i find much harder

By *r_PinkMan
over a year ago

london stratford

I am on £1 microwave meals.

So you tell me!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I used to eat & drink what I liked within moderation. Now I’m going through a change and having to watch, change recipes, measure & count everything I eat.

I’ll do anything to reverse things, stop falling asleep after every meal and stay of any possible medication

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

I'll admit I probably don't and won't have a healthy relationship with food at all. I eat to fuel my body not for pleasure. I know I'm healthy and have great health markers but doing physique based competitions and being in preps or bulks I'm always controlling my intake. Weighing everything! I even weigh my salt but if you want to win you got to do the dance and make the sacrifice.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 16/05/23 17:49:03]

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

I like it a lot

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"I'll admit I probably don't and won't have a healthy relationship with food at all. I eat to fuel my body not for pleasure. I know I'm healthy and have great health markers but doing physique based competitions and being in preps or bulks I'm always controlling my intake. Weighing everything! I even weigh my salt but if you want to win you got to do the dance and make the sacrifice. "

That being said probably a 9 bring close to perfect but is it a healthy 'obbession' probably not

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Call me a slag but I chuck a different cucumber every week. My marrows on the other hand I do hang onto for a bit longer. pt

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I have a really bad relationship with food. I emotionally eat, then feel so guilty for eating the wrong thing. I have dieted off and on for 33 years but never succeeded.

Even when I eat healthy and train 5/6 times a week and in a calorie deficit I still really struggle to shed the pounds. It's a constant battle and spend the majority of my life feeling guilty for being overweight

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

I am a carbaholic. If I eat chocolate, I can't stop...so I don't.

I am currently zero carb...ie carnivore. I eat once a day, don't drink alcohol and am maintaining a healthy physique considering where I was 3 yrs ago when I started this journey.

So, as far as an addict goes, I take it one day at a time.

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

10/10 I love food to much

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Fabswingers is a massive bun shop I love it

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

It’s Complicated!!

over a year ago

Current relationship = coveting next doors garlic bread

By *rNice.Man
over a year ago

scunthorpe

fish n chips and curry sauce any day of the week !!

over a year ago

Meals are fairly healthy. I do love prosecco and crisps though

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Meals are fairly healthy. I do love prosecco and crisps though "

Mmmm. Prosecco and crisps. Salt & vinegar, please.

over a year ago

"Meals are fairly healthy. I do love prosecco and crisps though

Mmmm. Prosecco and crisps. Salt & vinegar, please."

I'll share with you

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

You are kidding yourself 0% fat in not a healthy diet..

But it's your life live it as you wish but no need to shame us mortals.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'll share with you "

It’s a date. I’ll bring the fizz, you bring the crisps.

over a year ago

If I’m hungry and want it, I eat it (you can probably tell by the bottom) haha!

I’ve never had unhealthy relationships with food, but I am more of a grazer than a full meal.

Mrs

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

Feeling proud of myself. Impromtu BBQ thisevening and I skipped on the bread. Had a sausage, a small chiken thigh, a burger (no bun) and loads of salad with lush lime and yogurt dressing. Nom nom.

8/10 as over on the calorie deficit lol.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

My relationship with food, im generally get ghosted and blocked

By *mf123Man
over a year ago

with one foot out the door

Iv just discovered the most perfect food protein puddings so chocolaty too

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Seafood diet "
That is good. I also like sea food like shrimps and herring to name few of them

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Didn’t really understand the scoring system for this one bud.

Would say about 70/30 when it comes to “clean” vs “filth”. That said I smash a pastry & caramel latte pre gym every day currently and have been the chippy 3 out the last 4 days!

Guess that would be a happy 5…he says as he’s off for a fry up before leg day. "

Yes, like a 10 would be perfect dieting, like strict, with minimum treats, that is a good score too

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"

8/10 as over on the calorie deficit lol. "

Are you sure ? Calories are allowed to be +- 20%. Plus the ammount of protein means it will use a lot of energy to breakdown and absorb, plus it will be used for other purposes other than energy.

If you are in ketosis then that will be fine.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

I'd say 4 for various reasons.

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

"

8/10 as over on the calorie deficit lol.

Are you sure ? Calories are allowed to be +- 20%. Plus the ammount of protein means it will use a lot of energy to breakdown and absorb, plus it will be used for other purposes other than energy.

If you are in ketosis then that will be fine. "

Keep talking lol. Made my day.

Im not sure if Im in ketosis to be fair. I just cut or swap out the trashy carbs and sugar. Meat and salads, soups, veg dishes etc.

Fasting till tonight after yesturdays meat binge and will eat a tasty veg tray bake with hullumi tonight.

And just got back from a 3mile power walk too. 44 mins out of my day that has also made a huge difference in my weight loss.

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

(Quote) I just cut or swap out the trashy carbs and sugar. Meat and salads, soups, veg dishes etc

I do eat the above lol. Most meals I just switch the carbs out.

The things I realy miss though are crisps, cheesey crackers, french/sourdough bread, pizza and roast potatoes/chips.

I do occasionally treat myself, but will make up for with extra walks lower calorie meals either side and a 24hour fast instead 16 if been realy naughty.

Fasting for 22h today. Though to be fair im not feeling hungery at all yet. I'm sure by 6pm I will be though.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

6.5. I have some very enjoyable moments

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Feeling proud of myself. Impromtu BBQ thisevening and I skipped on the bread. Had a sausage, a small chiken thigh, a burger (no bun) and loads of salad with lush lime and yogurt dressing. Nom nom.

8/10 as over on the calorie deficit lol. "

That sounds good to me

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS
over a year ago

dudley

I’m 2years out of a 50year relationship with gluten was very difficult at first but now I’ve introduced fruit into my life I’m doing great

over a year ago

Having just eaten two eclairs after dinner, I am in no position to comment.

By *ack 500Man
over a year ago

stafford

I love food but eating like a rabbit at the moment , I need a cream cake !!!!!

over a year ago

10/10

Post new Message to Thread