Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Universe

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Aliens, drugs, psychedelics, nature, life, death, sleep, the mind, the body, the soul. Just some topics of conversation. What captures your complete curiosity and fascination? Something else entirely?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Anything where there’s a healthy debate.

Current one blowing my mind is what started/created the universe.

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

"Anything where there’s a healthy debate.

Current one blowing my mind is what started/created the universe."

Conformal cyclic cosmology

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Folk history at the moment

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Conformal cyclic cosmology "

YorksRocker put me onto a great video by Brian Cox that goes into if we’re actually in a black hole! It’s blown my tiny brain!

If you get chance watch that and then Interstellar after. You won’t sleep due to the brain activity

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I suggest reading anything by Carlo Rovelli. He has a knack of presenting incredible concepts at the cutting edge of physics in a way that ordinary people can (sort of) understand. The world described by him in his books is far stranger than I ever dreamed was possible. Nothing is what it seems. Reading his books is like how people of old must have felt when someone told them the Earth was round. Incredible!

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I suggest reading anything by Carlo Rovelli. He has a knack of presenting incredible concepts at the cutting edge of physics in a way that ordinary people can (sort of) understand. The world described by him in his books is far stranger than I ever dreamed was possible. Nothing is what it seems. Reading his books is like how people of old must have felt when someone told them the Earth was round. Incredible! "

Will have to give some of his work a read after I’ve finished with Jordan Petersons book currently, thanks for the heads up.

By *ostindreamsMan
over a year ago

London

Mostly science topics:

Universe - Origin and destination

Free will vs Determinism

Evolution

Aliens

Banter topics:

Football

Movies

TV shows

Who is your dream celebrity?

By *arry LickitMan
over a year ago

Wales

Evolution.

Life on other planets.

Do we get reincarnated?

All fascinating

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Evolution.

Life on other planets.

Do we get reincarnated?

All fascinating "

I don’t believe in reincarnation, but if it ever were a thing I’d love to come back as a house cat (cat flap too obvs!).

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Current one blowing my mind is what started/created the universe."

The latset from the JW Telescop has found galaxies at the outer reaches of the univers, just after the big bang, this is brigging into question that our theories regarding the big bang could be wrong. The size of the galaxies dwarfs our in comparison.

I quite like to idea of each black hole, holding a universe inside and our univers could be inside a black hole.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"

I quite like to idea of each black hole, holding a universe inside and our univers could be inside a black hole. "

That’s my fave theory at the minute too. Do you compare it to the marble scene in Men In Black or is it just me?

By *uiet_69Man
over a year ago

Near

The vastness of the universe is something I cannot comprehend.

I’m extremely alarmed also, at the lack of attention these UAP/UFO government disclosures are receiving both in the media and in general. Nobody I know even cares

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

Conformal cyclic cosmology

YorksRocker put me onto a great video by Brian Cox that goes into if we’re actually in a black hole! It’s blown my tiny brain!

If you get chance watch that and then Interstellar after. You won’t sleep due to the brain activity "

For sure that would explain my unhealthy fetish and obsession for spaghetti.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

there cant be only us its impossible,,

By *arry LickitMan
over a year ago

Wales

"Evolution.

Life on other planets.

Do we get reincarnated?

All fascinating

I don’t believe in reincarnation, but if it ever were a thing I’d love to come back as a house cat (cat flap too obvs!). "

I just can't get my head around being gone forever after I die. Sure I will be gone but forever! No I believe there is something more to it. I knew nothing before I was born and I will know nothing before I am born again.

By *arry LickitMan
over a year ago

Wales

"there cant be only us its impossible,,"

Well there's not much life in this thread

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"

I quite like to idea of each black hole, holding a universe inside and our univers could be inside a black hole.

That’s my fave theory at the minute too. Do you compare it to the marble scene in Men In Black or is it just me? "

Funnaly enough the theory of parallel universe is kind of like that, they sit in their own bubbles occasionaly bumping into other parlell universe bubbles.

By *ostindreamsMan
over a year ago

London

I believe that the whole thing is a simulation just for me and you are all fucking computer programs

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Evolution.

Life on other planets.

Do we get reincarnated?

All fascinating

I don’t believe in reincarnation, but if it ever were a thing I’d love to come back as a house cat (cat flap too obvs!).

I just can't get my head around being gone forever after I die. Sure I will be gone but forever! No I believe there is something more to it. I knew nothing before I was born and I will know nothing before I am born again. "

From aspiitual perspective, you are part of the universal consciousness and they reason you mind can't remember is the constraints of a biological body. You ae more then what you think you are and depending on the level of your tru self depicts the ceature that you carnate in. Some believe that each carnation is a learning process untill you can truely evolve into a univesak counscience independent of the current one.

By *ostindreamsMan
over a year ago

London

"Evolution.

Life on other planets.

Do we get reincarnated?

All fascinating

I just can't get my head around being gone forever after I die. Sure I will be gone but forever! No I believe there is something more to it. I knew nothing before I was born and I will know nothing before I am born again.

From aspiitual perspective, you are part of the universal consciousness and they reason you mind can't remember is the constraints of a biological body. You ae more then what you think you are and depending on the level of your tru self depicts the ceature that you carnate in. Some believe that each carnation is a learning process untill you can truely evolve into a univesak counscience independent of the current one."

Reincarnation is the basis of Mythology of Indian religions - Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. There are multiple schools within Hinduism too. The idea is that being born is a misery. Each of the religion and sub-schools have an idea of relationship between soul and the universe. Each of them also have some principles one must follow to stop being born again. That's called Moksha/Nirvana.

I don't believe in it. But I find the ideas fascinating

By *mf123Man
over a year ago

with one foot out the door

Bugger the universe i defy it

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Evolution.

Life on other planets.

Do we get reincarnated?

All fascinating

From aspiitual perspective, you are part of the universal consciousness and they reason you mind can't remember is the constraints of a biological body. You ae more then what you think you are and depending on the level of your tru self depicts the ceature that you carnate in. Some believe that each carnation is a learning process untill you can truely evolve into a univesak counscience independent of the current one.

Reincarnation is the basis of Mythology of Indian religions - Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. There are multiple schools within Hinduism too. The idea is that being born is a misery. Each of the religion and sub-schools have an idea of relationship between soul and the universe. Each of them also have some principles one must follow to stop being born again. That's called Moksha/Nirvana.

I don't believe in it. But I find the ideas fascinating "

Ancient Greeks, Celtic Duids in the Iron Age and also Taoism as well as the Vedic era. There ave been ancient scripters throughout the world, these are just the one we know about.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

I ponder,,, what colour was the great intergalactic space turtle that created the galaxy's, and is element 119 it's poop.

By *erence IIMan
over a year ago

Irrelevant

Objective reality. Does it exist and if so what it is.

Post new Message to Thread