Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gym goers

Jump to newest

By *tryder83 OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

Anyone often log on to see who from the gym might be on here. Bit of the thrill watching the squats wondering if they enjoy the lifestyle.

Anyone in Leeds say hello

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Nope. And if you haven’t ever seen one of these threads before (I’m guessing not) you’ll hear a lot of “I’m at the gym to work out, not check out”.

People are entitled not to be stared at while just trying to work out. In fact, while they’re anywhere doing anything.

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

"Nope. And if you haven’t ever seen one of these threads before (I’m guessing not) you’ll hear a lot of “I’m at the gym to work out, not check out”.

People are entitled not to be stared at while just trying to work out. In fact, while they’re anywhere doing anything."

This, I'm too busy focusing on my workout and checking to see which machines are available to even consider if there are other fabbers there. Although one local guy put up a changing room pic a few days ago and I knew it was my gym, and have a suspicion of who it is

By *tryder83 OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Nope. And if you haven’t ever seen one of these threads before (I’m guessing not) you’ll hear a lot of “I’m at the gym to work out, not check out”.

People are entitled not to be stared at while just trying to work out. In fact, while they’re anywhere doing anything.

This, I'm too busy focusing on my workout and checking to see which machines are available to even consider if there are other fabbers there. Although one local guy put up a changing room pic a few days ago and I knew it was my gym, and have a suspicion of who it is

"

It’s been a great way to meet in the past as well.

Once you get the hint of a similar mind the seed is planted

By *tryder83 OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

People are entitled not to be stared at while just trying to work out. In fact, while they’re anywhere doing anything."

Put the hand bag down pal

By *lexV16Man
over a year ago

Welling

I do check it as would be nice to find gym buddy. But I’d not approach or stare. I’ll just wink and pick up conversation I’d I am winked back on here after gym is done

By *tryder83 OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I do check it as would be nice to find gym buddy. But I’d not approach or stare. I’ll just wink and pick up conversation I’d I am winked back on here after gym is done "

Yeah I’m hardly eye fucking people, it’s a definite fun way to make more “friends”

By *ecret_Passion777Man
over a year ago

Manchester

There’s a few on here that go my local gym, yeah.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The gym is my happy place. Fab doesn’t even cross my mind when I’m there.

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man
over a year ago

edinbugh

I’d love to find folk from my gym on here but sadly I doubt that’ll happen

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple
over a year ago

Debauchery

I know there are people from my gym on here. There are a few single guys who I recognise from my gym, taking photos in the locker room of my gym.

Hades

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

It’s a it creepy.

Had a guy fairly recently message the missus on her solo profile that said “I can see you squatting. Ass looks great. Wanna meet?” No pics, no details, nothing…..creepy as fuckkkkkkkk.

By *ent in BlackMan
over a year ago

Silsden

Same with work colleagues, there to work not be perved on.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I don't go to the gym to see if I can recognise anyone from Fab, I go so I can get absolutely wham

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

When I did go to the gym I didn't stare at people as I was there to workout and not make them feel uncomfortable

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I go to the gym to strengthen my shoulders and back and attempt to make my left leg work. Definitely not to find people on here or anything else. Despite sticking out like a sore thumb (only wheelie who uses the gym), no-one has ever made me feel uncomfortable. I think my PT helps to deter unwanted behaviour, just by existing.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Never have who's near on. And my gym face is bright red and grumpy. My boobs need serious support (flattened monoboob). Gym me is not attractive me. I am more likely to be mentally critiquing form and range of motion than checking someone out

J

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Put the hand bag down pal"

He has a point. At my old gym a fabber I'd been chatting briefly with turned up at the circuits class I was attending and proceeded to stare at me for the entire time. I couldn't wait to get out of there. One thing I was glad about when I changed gym was not seeing him there.

over a year ago

I regularly chat with a fab user in the gym ... He's told me about a fab couple who he also chats to, who use the same gym

over a year ago

Nah

By *en_Dover79Man
over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Anyone often log on to see who from the gym might be on here. Bit of the thrill watching the squats wondering if they enjoy the lifestyle.

Anyone in Leeds say hello"

I never take my phone to the gym.. its my 60-90mins to zone out and exercise.. pet hate waiting to use a machine or equipment and someone is hogging it scrolling their phone

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"Anyone often log on to see who from the gym might be on here. Bit of the thrill watching the squats wondering if they enjoy the lifestyle.

I never take my phone to the gym.. its my 60-90mins to zone out and exercise.. pet hate waiting to use a machine or equipment and someone is hogging it scrolling their phone"

Totally agree with that. When I had my own gym phones had to be left in changing room unless there was a necessity to carry it.

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

I never take my phone to the gym.. its my 60-90mins to zone out and exercise.. pet hate waiting to use a machine or equipment and someone is hogging it scrolling their phone"

I listen to music on mine whilst I work out, can't stand the crap they play at the gym!

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

The guy only sounds like he's having a look around. Hardly trying to dry hump or tea bag folk on the yoga mats.

By *tryder83 OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

The guy only sounds like he's having a look around. Hardly trying to dry hump or tea bag folk on the yoga mats."

Hahaha this.

Few eye rolls on this one…. Haha

By *en_Dover79Man
over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

I never take my phone to the gym.. its my 60-90mins to zone out and exercise.. pet hate waiting to use a machine or equipment and someone is hogging it scrolling their phone

Totally agree with that. When I had my own gym phones had to be left in changing room unless there was a necessity to carry it. "

Best way

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I scroll through Fab when I'm at the gym in the morning if using the exercise bike

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We don't look at who's near in our gym. However there's a profile on here and we recognise a photo that was taken in our gym.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

I wish us men could give it a break sometime!

Gym sex

Running sex

Cycling sex

Fucking golf sex

Work sex

Day off sex

Food sex

Foot sex

I am tired

By *rouserbulgeMan
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I’d be delighted if someone recognised me and said hello at the gym. Granted it’s an entirely different experience for men than it is for women.

By *ednWhiteCouple
over a year ago

Brocton

I love my gym

over a year ago

Too risky to look at any females in the gym these days, let alone log on Fab.

Added to which I'm generally in too much of a state to want to chat much.

over a year ago

"The gym is my happy place. Fab doesn’t even cross my mind when I’m there."

Same here.

By *tryder83 OP   Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Too risky to look at any females in the gym these days, let alone log on Fab.

Added to which I'm generally in too much of a state to want to chat much."

Hahahaha you have a point

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This thread makes me glad I have a home gym.

Chances of this happening in my living room = zero.

over a year ago

"This thread makes me glad I have a home gym.

Chances of this happening in my living room = zero."

This thread is why I hate going to the gym. I go to the gym to work out, nothing more.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This thread is why I hate going to the gym. I go to the gym to work out, nothing more. "

Indeed. It's gross.

over a year ago

This thread is why I hate going to the gym. I go to the gym to work out, nothing more. "

By the same measure I never played sport to meet women.

Glad I did though and I never got angry when it turned out they were only there to check me out.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Resting between sets: *exists*

This guy: THESE FUCKING MORONS ON THEIR PHONE!!!

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Totally agree with that. When I had my own gym phones had to be left in changing room unless there was a necessity to carry it. "

The necessity is that it has my music on it and I'm not listening to that shite they have on in there

over a year ago

"

This guy: THESE FUCKING MORONS ON THEIR PHONE!!!"

My son lifts (I mostly just fuck about on the bars and rings etc.) but when I join in with him I can never handle how long his rests last for. It's like a whole song. No wonder he's there for hours.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"

My son lifts (I mostly just fuck about on the bars and rings etc.) but when I join in with him I can never handle how long his rests last for. It's like a whole song. No wonder he's there for hours."

If you're training to failure or training for strength, it's not uncommon to rest for 3 to 5 minutes between sets.

over a year ago

Yeah I’m a phone user in the gym. I take notes of my lifts and have my music on it. The other option would be carry a Walkman and a filofax like it’s 1994.

over a year ago

"

My son lifts (I mostly just fuck about on the bars and rings etc.) but when I join in with him I can never handle how long his rests last for. It's like a whole song. No wonder he's there for hours.

If you're training to failure or training for strength, it's not uncommon to rest for 3 to 5 minutes between sets."

It's not uncommon. It's always (for him).

I just get bored hanging about that long.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Haha yes some gym have fucking shite music when I trained at leisure centre I remember trying to pull deadlifts to Adele playing on the wireless ffs. Also Phone now has apps for recording exercise sets and reps saves carrying a notebook and pen around

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"

If you're training to failure or training for strength, it's not uncommon to rest for 3 to 5 minutes between sets.

It's not uncommon. It's always (for him).

I just get bored hanging about that long."

Fine, you do you. But don't expect the same of everyone if their workout routine doesn't fit in the same circle as yours.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Haha yes some gym have fucking shite music when I trained at leisure centre I remember trying to pull deadlifts to Adele playing on the wireless ffs. Also Phone now has apps for recording exercise sets and reps saves carrying a notebook and pen around "

Absolutely agree with this. Always use an app to track my workouts and progress

over a year ago

"

Fine, you do you. But don't expect the same of everyone if their workout routine doesn't fit in the same circle as yours."

Thanks. Appreciate the permission to do me.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"

Fine, you do you. But don't expect the same of everyone if their workout routine doesn't fit in the same circle as yours.

Thanks. Appreciate the permission to do me."

You're welcome. The alternative phrase is less kind

over a year ago

"

You're welcome. The alternative phrase is less kind "

I'm familiar with it. Thinking it right now in fact.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"

You're welcome. The alternative phrase is less kind

I'm familiar with it. Thinking it right now in fact."

over a year ago

This thread is why I hate going to the gym. I go to the gym to work out, nothing more.

Indeed. It's gross."

It's the number one reason I won't go to the gym. I hate being watched while I'm working out. It's creepy af.

over a year ago

"

My son lifts (I mostly just fuck about on the bars and rings etc.) but when I join in with him I can never handle how long his rests last for. It's like a whole song. No wonder he's there for hours."

Does he lift heavy ?

over a year ago

"

Does he lift heavy ?"

Yeah. Or at least he was over the winter. He knows what he's doing.

I do too. Was just being facetious but apparently failed to read the room.

over a year ago

"

Does he lift heavy ?

Yeah. Or at least he was over the winter. He knows what he's doing.

I do too. Was just being facetious but apparently failed to read the room."

Ok.

So you will know why he takes the long rest periods.

over a year ago

Jeez. I really did fail to read the room!

The home gym people had it right.

over a year ago

Or old school non commercial gyms.

Post new Message to Thread