Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

KLM Royal Dutch Air

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Many will be surprised that KLM is actually a Dutch airline and that on a flight from Ghana to the UK that a person claiming to be vegan actually is complaining that they were served banana and nuts as a vegan meal. Tom is no prude and certainly not religious but there is an old proverb. God helps those who help themselves. If Tom was a vegan getting on a long haul flight he would bing his own food just in case the airline food was rubbish. And let's face it. The only Dutch food that Tom knows is Smoked Dutch Sausage with chips and mayonnaise. Tom is a big fan of the Dutch and he loves hollandaise sauce.

These vegan types expect everyone to cater for their needs. This story is all over the news

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The biggest revelation here is that Tom is a fan of the Dutch.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom is a big fan of the Dutch

over a year ago

I'm surprised they served nuts - most of the world and their husbands seem to be allergic to nuts these days. In my experience, KLM are usually a pretty good airline. And I like Dutch people too

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Many will be surprised that KLM is actually a Dutch airline and that on a flight from Ghana to the UK that a person claiming to be vegan actually is complaining that they were served banana and nuts as a vegan meal. Tom is no prude and certainly not religious but there is an old proverb. God helps those who help themselves. If Tom was a vegan getting on a long haul flight he would bing his own food just in case the airline food was rubbish. And let's face it. The only Dutch food that Tom knows is Smoked Dutch Sausage with chips and mayonnaise. Tom is a big fan of the Dutch and he loves hollandaise sauce.

These vegan types expect everyone to cater for their needs. This story is all over the news"

Lol you know and i know you can't take food on a plane unless of course you bought it in departure lounge

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

KLM are one of the best for food. If you're in first class, they give you a little pot house as a souvenir

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

The caterers will have forgotten to load the meal and that is the cabin crew doing their best with limited on board items. Not that they'll admit that on the news. I know because I had to do that about a zillion times.

J

over a year ago

"Many will be surprised that KLM is actually a Dutch airline and that on a flight from Ghana to the UK that a person claiming to be vegan actually is complaining that they were served banana and nuts as a vegan meal. Tom is no prude and certainly not religious but there is an old proverb. God helps those who help themselves. If Tom was a vegan getting on a long haul flight he would bing his own food just in case the airline food was rubbish. And let's face it. The only Dutch food that Tom knows is Smoked Dutch Sausage with chips and mayonnaise. Tom is a big fan of the Dutch and he loves hollandaise sauce.

These vegan types expect everyone to cater for their needs. This story is all over the newsLol you know and i know you can't take food on a plane unless of course you bought it in departure lounge "

Yes you can.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"The caterers will have forgotten to load the meal and that is the cabin crew doing their best with limited on board items. Not that they'll admit that on the news. I know because I had to do that about a zillion times.

J"

My kind of trolley dolly

over a year ago

"The caterers will have forgotten to load the meal and that is the cabin crew doing their best with limited on board items. Not that they'll admit that on the news. I know because I had to do that about a zillion times.

J"

That's a lot of times

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

J

That's a lot of times"

It sounded better with a bit of exaggeration

J

By *londebiguyMan
over a year ago

Southport

These vegan types expect everyone to cater for their needs. This story is all over the newsLol you know and i know you can't take food on a plane unless of course you bought it in departure lounge "

Of course you can. Though you might have issues at customs on arrival depending on where you are travelling to.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

These vegan types expect everyone to cater for their needs. This story is all over the newsLol you know and i know you can't take food on a plane unless of course you bought it in departure lounge

Yes you can."

really? Im surprised

over a year ago

These vegan types expect everyone to cater for their needs. This story is all over the newsLol you know and i know you can't take food on a plane unless of course you bought it in departure lounge

Yes you can.really? Im surprised "

I always take a few snacks with me if the flight is longer than 3 hours.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

It's all over the flews.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

It's the world's oldest airline. I suppose they have some catching up to do with modern expectations.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"KLM are one of the best for food. If you're in first class, they give you a little pot house as a souvenir "

I have salt and pepper pots from the upgrade experience I had last year

In economy class (or short haul, at least), they don't serve a meal, just a snack. The last time in economy, in a morning, it was a small pastry and you got a hot drink or water.

over a year ago

KLM is much easier to say than 'Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij'

Post new Message to Thread