Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What’s making you feel down today?

Jump to newest

By *eFCUKaLot OP   Couple
over a year ago

somewhere close

I’m down today because I feel really unwell & I know what won’t be able to sleep properly tonight.

I’m in a dead end job where no one cares about you. I’ll probably die at work because I have no future unless I get replaced by someone younger with less skills for less money. I own the clothes on my back, that’s it.

Yeah so that’s why I’m down.

Mr

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

somewhere close

"I’m down today because I feel really unwell & I know what won’t be able to sleep properly tonight.

I’m in a dead end job where no one cares about you. I’ll probably die at work because I have no future unless I get replaced by someone younger with less skills for less money. I own the clothes on my back, that’s it.

Mr"

Oh and I think I’ve got some kind dementia setting in because I can’t string a sentence together without getting it wrong.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

"I’m down today because I feel really unwell & I know what won’t be able to sleep properly tonight.

Mr"

Sending hugs xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was kinda feeling ok until I read this thread

Mrs

over a year ago

somewhere close

Mr

Sending hugs xx "

Thank you

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

you have mrs though right?

over a year ago

somewhere close

"you have mrs though right?"

Yes I don’t want to worry her.

By *mf123Man
over a year ago

with one foot out the door

Hope you feel better soon

Im not feeling down today i refuse to feel down despite catastrophy around the next corner its nothing compared to the catastrophy that has already passed by so stuff it il be alllright

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Maybe see a Dr rather than waste your time on fab?

over a year ago

somewhere close

"Maybe see a Dr rather than waste your time on fab?"

See a Dr? Chance would be a fine thing.

over a year ago

It’a dreadful to feel unseen and unrecognised. I hope a better wind blows your way to lift your spirits soon.

M

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

If it's hard to get a new job have you thought of retraining? Maybe whilst in work?

over a year ago

"you have mrs though right?

Yes I don’t want to worry her. "

I know exactly what you mean. Often, we hide things because we don’t want to worry someone but you may be surprised at how much stronger she is than you think. Speak to her and you’ll likely find your burden shared will lift a huge weight off you.

over a year ago

somewhere close

"If it's hard to get a new job have you thought of retraining? Maybe whilst in work?"

I’m too old.

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"If it's hard to get a new job have you thought of retraining? Maybe whilst in work?

I’m too old. "

Do you feel too old? You are younger than me, and I'm re-training right now. In terms of options, things will be out there. Your predicament isn't uncommon at all, you've got to stay positive. pt

over a year ago

Marking GCSE coursework and thinking "What the fuck am I doing , another weekend lost to marking"

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"If it's hard to get a new job have you thought of retraining? Maybe whilst in work?

I’m too old. "

I changed career recently from teaching, the only thing I've known for years. I began to hate the system, the curriculum and could see through the rubbish as it doesnlt serve or realy help kids evolve. I took a giant leap of faith and changed job, I get slightly less pay but the benifits or great, I can get paid overtime for the hours over, rather then overwork for nothing, a better home life balance. It was a big gamble and I'm older the you. Sometimes in life, you have to risk to find change or life itself will just repeat.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Marking GCSE coursework and thinking "What the fuck am I doing , another weekend lost to marking""
One of the reason I got out and thank fuck I did.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"you have mrs though right?

Yes I don’t want to worry her. "

Mate, don’t bottle these feelings up inside yourself, talk to you your wife, or even a counsellor or therapist.

A problem shared is a problem halved.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Mr"

leave the dead end job loads of jobs out their only accept a job where the people make you feel welcome oh and get well soon

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Less and less people do that same job throughout their working lives these days. pt

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Lack of proximity to a friend.

over a year ago

Awww OP, its hard when you are in a slump, i would say focus on changing one thing at a time.

Generally the way to overcome depressive feelings and thoughts are to have a purpose and to identify what you enjoy... what fills your soul with joy...and do as much of it as possible.

By filling 'your bucket' as often as you can, you can cope with it being drained for a little and then top it up again

Maybe think about a new hobby if you don't have something you are passionate about? I found tackling an overgrown allotment and dancing (modern jive) really helped me when i had a rough time at work

over a year ago

I’m 52 and hate my job like loathe it, it pays the bills, I’m retraining to do a job I’ve always been fascinated with (computer animation) which I do in the evenings, I’m stealing my life back, taking it from the society that stole it, taking it back from the get up go work pay the bills get a mortgage and a nice car in the driveway mentality, when I’m doing the thing I love doing, I’m free and im a fucking delight, you should all try it, what is it that truly speaks to you, no matter how obscure it is, look at it and think I’m going to dedicate and hour a week then two hours then tell your mrs, you love her dearly and she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you, hold her hand, rediscover what you are truly here for, come on mate you can do it xx

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I’m 52 and hate my job like loathe it, it pays the bills, I’m retraining to do a job I’ve always been fascinated with (computer animation) which I do in the evenings, I’m stealing my life back, taking it from the society that stole it, taking it back from the get up go work pay the bills get a mortgage and a nice car in the driveway mentality, when I’m doing the thing I love doing, I’m free and im a fucking delight, you should all try it, what is it that truly speaks to you, no matter how obscure it is, look at it and think I’m going to dedicate and hour a week then two hours then tell your mrs, you love her dearly and she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you, hold her hand, rediscover what you are truly here for, come on mate you can do it xx"

this^

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I’m 52 and hate my job like loathe it, it pays the bills, I’m retraining to do a job I’ve always been fascinated with (computer animation) which I do in the evenings, I’m stealing my life back, taking it from the society that stole it, taking it back from the get up go work pay the bills get a mortgage and a nice car in the driveway mentality, when I’m doing the thing I love doing, I’m free and im a fucking delight, you should all try it, what is it that truly speaks to you, no matter how obscure it is, look at it and think I’m going to dedicate and hour a week then two hours then tell your mrs, you love her dearly and she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you, hold her hand, rediscover what you are truly here for, come on mate you can do it xx"
yep did it myself never looked back never even thought about my previous career

over a year ago

How is your evening OP?

T

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Lack of proximity to a friend."

I know that feeling too well.

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Feeling disgusted in self looks, size (body/fat) thinning hair an then self hate as had go place today near where was sexually assaulted due to work thing so sent me spiralling an feel every lady or cpl hates or finds me disgusting on here.

Basically rubbish day about me an looks

Sorry

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Hey get well soon OP.

It’s only a job , don’t let it dictate your happiness. There’s far more to life. People with good jobs, lots of money and stuff get just as unhappy

over a year ago

Sorry to hear you’re having a hard time OP! Not really sure what advice or encouragement I can offer but just know that you’re never alone.

And especially not when you’re on fab! Our inbox is always open for anyone struggling, whether they need to vent, rant or just have a chat

Mr

By *orphia2003Woman
over a year ago

Tonypandy.

15hr night shifts inc. travel, cronic imsomnia and a mountain of ironing.

Post new Message to Thread