Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Define woman

Jump to newest

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Following on from the previous thread.

How do you personally define a woman? Please no; insulting others just for a differing opinion, intentionally offending/belittling.

Personally I define a woman as a human adult female.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

Isn’t this the same as the previous post rather than a follow on though?

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Isn’t this the same as the previous post rather than a follow on though? "

Feel free to add to the discussion.

Reply privately

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Menstrual cycle

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Menstrual cycle"

What about it?

Reply privately

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Menstrual cycle"

So a woman stops being a woman after the Menopause!!!!! typical male short sighted description!!!!!!!

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They strong willed

They awwsome and beautiful in ever single shape and forum

They courageous and brave

They are sweet careing and kind all in the one

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people. That's my opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people. That's my opinion. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people. That's my opinion.

"

Honestly where I got too many times with so many topics. Lots of people want to dispute the experiences you and your family live. And it’s just reliving trauma sometimes.

Lots of love

Reply privately

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

"Menstrual cycle

So a woman stops being a woman after the Menopause!!!!! typical male short sighted description!!!!!!! "

Not what I said at all is it? However this seems like a woman's response with the conclusions being jumped to.

I was just basically getting at that a woman will have had a menstrual cycle at some point in her life that's all tc

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people. That's my opinion. "

You’re assuming people are cis

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people. That's my opinion.

You’re assuming people are cis "

If they're not cis, then they must be trans no?

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

If they're not cis, then they must be trans no?"

Not necessarily.

Also no one is debating your life. It’s an interesting topic and well worth of a debate. If you don’t like what you read then just don’t read it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Honestly where I got too many times with so many topics. Lots of people want to dispute the experiences you and your family live. And it’s just reliving trauma sometimes.

Lots of love "

Love to you too, sorry you experience/d the same feelings x

Reply privately

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Menstrual cycle

So a woman stops being a woman after the Menopause!!!!! typical male short sighted description!!!!!!!

Not what I said at all is it? However this seems like a woman's response with the conclusions being jumped to.

I was just basically getting at that a woman will have had a menstrual cycle at some point in her life that's all tc"

Not necessarily

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not necessarily.

Also no one is debating your life. It’s an interesting topic and well worth of a debate. If you don’t like what you read then just don’t read it."

Nice way of silencing the very people you're creating a debate out of. If you don't like what a trans person has to say about your bad takes, then you can also just stop discussing us

Reply privately

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Why define a woman upto to a woman to define herself ??? or themselves ?? decades ago sat in a corner knowing their place was how you defined a "Woman" or accepting unwarranted advances as just lads being lads ?? and being a "Good Sport" defined being a woman ??? ....

Reply privately

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

As a cis woman I will always stand beside you, without judgement

Reply privately

over a year ago

As a cis woman I will always stand beside you, without judgement "

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Not necessarily.

Also no one is debating your life. It’s an interesting topic and well worth of a debate. If you don’t like what you read then just don’t read it.

Nice way of silencing the very people you're creating a debate out of. If you don't like what a trans person has to say about your bad takes, then you can also just stop discussing us"

Point out where I’ve silenced anyone…I’ll wait.

You’re choosing to engage in a debate, which is cool, if you’re sick of it then just don’t engage.

You’ve assumed anyone that has a differing viewpoint are cis and that you can only be cis, or trans. If anyone else had said that, or similar, there would be uproar.

There’s no need for the ultra defensiveness.

Reply privately

By *rancois Du BoisMan
over a year ago

Down the back of the sofa.

Quite right mate

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not necessarily.

Nice way of silencing the very people you're creating a debate out of. If you don't like what a trans person has to say about your bad takes, then you can also just stop discussing us

You’re choosing to engage in a debate, which is cool, if you’re sick of it then just don’t engage.

You’ve assumed anyone that has a differing viewpoint are cis and that you can only be cis, or trans. If anyone else had said that, or similar, there would be uproar.

There’s no need for the ultra defensiveness. "

This is why we don't get involved in these debates someone always gets offended.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not necessarily.

There’s no need for the ultra defensiveness. "

"If you don't like it don't read it" is what you said right? Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I have to stop contributing an opinion. Ultra defensiveness? Or just a different opinion than you?

Ok so what are the other options other than "trans" and "cis" then I'd love to hear them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Quite right mate"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Adult human female. In a nutshell. No offense to anyone and individuals can identify as whatever they like, ive no problem with that, but to be a woman you have to be an adult human female. That's not my opinion just a biological fact.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Not necessarily.

"If you don't like it don't read it" is what you said right? Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I have to stop contributing an opinion. Ultra defensiveness? Or just a different opinion than you?

Ok so what are the other options other than "trans" and "cis" then I'd love to hear them "

How is that silencing you? You stated you’re getting sick of something, I don’t know about everyone else, but if I don’t want to see something I don’t look/read.

You haven’t challenged my opinion so no idea if differs.

Are you seriously only saying there’s trans, or cis gender?

Your non binary compadre in here would probably disagree with you for starters.

Anyway to keep on track. How would you define a woman?

Reply privately

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

I'd really love a pair of woman's well worn wet knickers to smell.

I definitely wouldn't ever want knickers from someone that was born male.

It doesn't matter how they identify now, or transition they have gone through. Their worn knickers won't do it for me, and its my preference.

Reply privately

By *rispyDuckMan
over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

I hear the phrase ‘looking for a real man or woman’ thrown around a lot on fab. Be interesting to read the differing definitions of what people consider’a real woman/man’. Let’s have it lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Someone who turns down my sexual advances x

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I hear the phrase ‘looking for a real man or woman’ thrown around a lot on fab. Be interesting to read the differing definitions of what people consider’a real woman/man’. Let’s have it lol "

Different topic. Please stick to this one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Trans activist really don't do trans people any favours,most trans people want to just get on with their lives and be happy and and drama free,then all of a sudden these campus college idiots are jumping on the band waggon on their behalf,there is no debate anymore,just shouting and screaming,who asked the trans activist to stick up and speak for them,I'm sure it's not a transperson who just wants to get on with living in peace

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being a woman is such a deep and all encompassing thing that there is no short answer. It's growing up as a girl, its getting periods and boobs, it's navigating the teenage years, it's going into adulthood.

It is a lived experience. And it is different for every woman.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Being a woman is such a deep and all encompassing thing that there is no short answer. It's growing up as a girl, its getting periods and boobs, it's navigating the teenage years, it's going into adulthood.

It is a lived experience. And it is different for every woman.

"

I don’t agree, but it has made me think of another question; what is a girl? Save that for another thread methinks.

Reply privately

By *egDaySkipperMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Cooks cleans...just kidding

I don't know why but I always asscioate the word women with heels

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not necessarily.

Ok so what are the other options other than "trans" and "cis" then I'd love to hear them

How is that silencing you? You stated you’re getting sick of something, I don’t know about everyone else, but if I don’t want to see something I don’t look/read.

Anyway to keep on track. How would you define a woman?"

How is telling someone to not contribute to a thread *not* silencing their opinion? Even if I don't like it I can still give my opinion on my existence as a trans person being debated by cis people.

You do know the meanings of the terms trans and cis? and that non binary comes under the trans umbrella of "not identifying with their assigned gender at birth"? And I am sure that if they disagree with anything I say then they're more than welcome to let me know and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with them.

To answer your topic question, I personally define women as people that identify as women.

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Are you looking a definition of a woman or all women?

I've never felt the need to define anyone.

I would struggle to define what it means to be a man because my life experience has formed me as a man but will be completely different for everyone else.

Based on that, a woman is a woman and that's the only definition I need.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

When I contribute to this thread, it won't me for my amusement at your expense or anyone else's.

I'd read for the educational value and contribute if I think I have something of worth to say.

Reply privately

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

When I contribute to this thread, it won't me for my amusement at your expense or anyone else's.

I'd read for the educational value and contribute if I think I have something of worth to say.

"

Seconded, been reading along

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Not necessarily.

How is telling someone to not contribute to a thread *not* silencing their opinion? Even if I don't like it I can still give my opinion on my existence as a trans person being debated by cis people.

You do know the meanings of the terms trans and cis? and that non binary comes under the trans umbrella of "not identifying with their assigned gender at birth"? And I am sure that if they disagree with anything I say then they're more than welcome to let me know and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with them.

To answer your topic question, I personally define women as people that identify as women. "

Where did I state you couldn’t contribute? Stop putting words in my mouth please. If I had said that then you’d have a point. I suggested that I’d you didn’t like what you read then perhaps you shouldn’t read it. Completely different to just saying you’re forbidden from replying.

So you have a circular definition? Fair enough you’re entitled to your opinion, we just don’t agree and that’s cool.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"

Exactly how people should approach debates.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I define some of them as beautiful with no peripheral vision no reversing skills and sexy

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Menstrual cycle"

What about those of us who don't have a menstrual cycle?! It stops naturally at a certain point for all biological females

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Not necessarily.

To answer your topic question, I personally define women as people that identify as women. "

In your opinion is being born female different from identifying as female?

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Exactly how people should approach debates. "

I don't 'debate'. x

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

I don't 'debate'. x

"

Exactly how people should observe debates then.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I define some of them as beautiful with no peripheral vision no reversing skills and sexy "

You've just described most gay guys in the land and a few self assured heteros too

Reply privately

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

Someone with XX chromosomes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Someone who better hurry up with my sandwich I'm starving

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't 'debate'. x

Exactly how people should observe debates then. "

I'll get off this track now BUT 'debate' is pushing your views for the win.

Those shouting and objecting are debating.

Those reading reflecting thinking considering are not debating ... they might be dialoguing or discussing but debating..... nah.

Here endeth the definition and methodolgy session ..... I'm going to read n decide whether to post or Fuck orrf.

Reply privately

By *ill69888Couple
over a year ago

manchester

A person who has XX chromosomes and reproductive organs that make bearing children possible

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Someone who better hurry up with my sandwich I'm starving"

Can I do it for you Sally please? I'm a woman!

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

I don't 'debate'. x

Exactly how people should observe debates then.

I'll get off this track now BUT 'debate' is pushing your views for the win.

Those shouting and objecting are debating.

Those reading reflecting thinking considering are not debating ... they might be dialoguing or discussing but debating..... nah.

Here endeth the definition and methodolgy session ..... I'm going to read n decide whether to post or Fuck orrf. "

Completely differing views on debating I guess, but that’s a separate topic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not necessarily.

To answer your topic question, I personally define women as people that identify as women.

Where did I state you couldn’t contribute? Stop putting words in my mouth please. If I had said that then you’d have a point. I suggested that I’d you didn’t like what you read then perhaps you shouldn’t read it. Completely different to just saying you’re forbidden from replying.

So you have a circular definition? Fair enough you’re entitled to your opinion, we just don’t agree and that’s cool.

"

The same to you, we don't agree and most likely never will.

I see your point and understand thanks for clarifying, I just don't think the whole "if you don't like it don't read or participate" is the best response. Bit like telling granny how to suck eggs, we know we don't have to read or respond but if we don't then you don't get the other side of the debate do you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Someone who better hurry up with my sandwich I'm starving

Can I do it for you Sally please? I'm a woman! "

No, I've decided to make it myself as I now identify as a woman,but thanks for the offer much love

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"A person who has XX chromosomes and reproductive organs that make bearing children possible"

So how do you define someone with XO chromosomes? This is called Turner syndrome and physically, individuals are biological females but often have no or under developed reproductive systems.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"The same to you, we don't agree and most likely never will.

I see your point and understand thanks for clarifying, I just don't think the whole "if you don't like it don't read or participate" is the best response. Bit like telling granny how to suck eggs, we know we don't have to read or respond but if we don't then you don't get the other side of the debate do you. "

It’s good we can both deescalate. I’m all for healthy debates, it’s how we make progress after all.

I haven’t, and wouldn’t tell someone to just shush. My next example was going to be if someone told me they didn’t like Marvel I’d advise them not to watch Avengers. It’s completely different to telling someone they can’t watch avengers.

That said I get it’s an emotive subject on both sides, that’s why I find it interesting.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Someone who can’t reverse their car into a space at ASDA

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Someone who can’t reverse their car into a space at ASDA "

Is that because you've parked your man-mobile across two spaces, diagonally, to emphasise your masculinity?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You sir have brass balls, respect

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

I’m most definitely a woman then. I do rock stockings too.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Someone who can’t reverse their car into a space at ASDA

Is that because you've parked your man-mobile across two spaces, diagonally, to emphasise your masculinity?"

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Is that because you've parked your man-mobile across two spaces, diagonally, to emphasise your masculinity?"

I don’t shop at ASDA

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

You sir have brass balls, respect "

Actually, he has no balls. The pictures are just catfishing

Reply privately

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

"Someone with XX chromosomes."

And I am frustrated that those who suffer with gender dysphoria have gained such a voice that we see the lunacy that we do in sport and the absolute censorship of other views. They speak with the certainty and vehemence that they remind my of the Spanish Inquisition. Being forced to believe that they are woman is like you being force to believe I am black or 21 years old… I may want to be those things but nature dealt me a different hand…

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Someone with XX chromosomes.

And I am frustrated that those who suffer with gender dysphoria have gained such a voice that we see the lunacy that we do in sport and the absolute censorship of other views. They speak with the certainty and vehemence that they remind my of the Spanish Inquisition. Being forced to believe that they are woman is like you being force to believe I am black or 21 years old… I may want to be those things but nature dealt me a different hand… "

So you believe sex and gender are the same?

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

All that ever needs to be said on the topic.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

All that ever needs to be said on the topic. "

According to some yup, plenty disagree.

Reply privately

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

From what I see in car parks (not only ASDA) a lot of males cannot either!!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The same to you, we don't agree and most likely never will.

I see your point and understand thanks for clarifying, I just don't think the whole "if you don't like it don't read or participate" is the best response. Bit like telling granny how to suck eggs, we know we don't have to read or respond but if we don't then you don't get the other side of the debate do you.

It’s good we can both deescalate. I’m all for healthy debates, it’s how we make progress after all.

I haven’t, and wouldn’t tell someone to just shush. My next example was going to be if someone told me they didn’t like Marvel I’d advise them not to watch Avengers. It’s completely different to telling someone they can’t watch avengers.

That said I get it’s an emotive subject on both sides, that’s why I find it interesting. "

I get your point, but not sure I'm explaining mine well enough (currently battling a migraine and words are hard) If someone *asked* about avengers after saying they didn't like marvel, I'd agree with you on that point. But if they didn't, you don't need to add that they might not want to watch avengers is my point. I already know I don't have to read or contribute it doesn't need pointing out.

It is an interesting subject once you get through all of the factually incorrect claims to how biology isn't actually as straight forward as XX and XY chromosomes, but I'm not a biologist so I don't go around defining people by their genes or body parts. If someone wants me to treat them as a woman, I'll do just that.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I define some of them as beautiful with no peripheral vision no reversing skills and sexy

You've just described most gay guys in the land and a few self assured heteros too "

I was only asked to describe women they can get up to what they like with my blessing

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"

I get your point, but not sure I'm explaining mine well enough (currently battling a migraine and words are hard) If someone *asked* about avengers after saying they didn't like marvel, I'd agree with you on that point. But if they didn't, you don't need to add that they might not want to watch avengers is my point. I already know I don't have to read or contribute it doesn't need pointing out.

It is an interesting subject once you get through all of the factually incorrect claims to how biology isn't actually as straight forward as XX and XY chromosomes, but I'm not a biologist so I don't go around defining people by their genes or body parts. If someone wants me to treat them as a woman, I'll do just that."

I had the most horrific migraine yesterday so feel your pain, literally! Weirdly a lot of people I know are suffering at the mo.

Apologies, but not really sure I do get your point.

I’m pan so do the same. If someone presents as a certain gender that’s how I’ll converse with them.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Someone who better hurry up with my sandwich I'm starving

Can I do it for you Sally please? I'm a woman!

No, I've decided to make it myself as I now identify as a woman,but thanks for the offer much love"

Can you spread the butter with your tits ?

Reply privately

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

I believe that when people born as men are able to compete against female athletes because of the fear of the politically correct agenda, the pendulum has swung too far.

If you want to dress in a feminine or masculine manner, no one should take issue with that as it is your self expression.

But sex and gender are the same thing and cosmetics surgery and hormones don’t change your sex/gender they simply make you a more feminine man or masculine woman and there needs to be acceptance of that too.

Playing around with the semantics of gender definition simply plays to the unsustainable social etiquette that is being forced upon society.

Sorry if you find this unpalatable as my intent is not to cause harm but the sense of Emperor’s New Clothes requires my to call it out.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What is ASDA ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It is an interesting subject once you get through all of the factually incorrect claims to how biology isn't actually as straight forward as XX and XY chromosomes, but I'm not a biologist so I don't go around defining people by their genes or body parts. If someone wants me to treat them as a woman, I'll do just that.

I had the most horrific migraine yesterday so feel your pain, literally! Weirdly a lot of people I know are suffering at the mo.

Apologies, but not really sure I do get your point.

I’m pan so do the same. If someone presents as a certain gender that’s how I’ll converse with them. "

Odd that so many are suffering at the moment, the last week has been non stop! Wouldn't wish them on anyone hope yours is better.

Sorry, will try again. Making a point of something that someone already knows is pointless is what I'm trying to get across. Knowing whether your comment is actually helpful, or whether you're just saying it because you can say it. I already knew I didn't have to read or respond to the thread even though I don't like some of the opinions put across or the motive behind the "debate", so was telling me I don't have to respond actually helpful?

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

From what I see in car parks (not only ASDA) a lot of males cannot either!!!!!! "

This is her isn’t it

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

What is ASDA ? "

Where the middle class shop I think

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What is ASDA ?

Where the middle class shop I think "

awwwwwww come to Waitrose with me.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What is ASDA ?

Where the middle class shop I think "

Are you a Lidl man or in de Aldi ...

Don't say Sainsbury's I couldn't ever speak to you again ... so non descript.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Same.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

What is ASDA ?

awwwwwww come to Waitrose with me. "

Do they have big parking spaces for my passion wagon?

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yeah I can't do that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you think you are more, or less "Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people." than me and my biologically born female siblings are sick of men in dresses invading our personal spaces and sports for their amusement?

Reply privately

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I define a woman as a human adult female. "
This. I was thinking the same as well

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you think you are more, or less "Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people." than me and my biologically born female siblings are sick of men in dresses invading our personal spaces and sports for their amusement?"

Why do you care if my feelings on the subject are more or less than yours? Because if you're expecting me to answer based on my own experiences living as a woman before I transitioned, I can safely tell you no "man in a dress" affected me in my personal spaces or in sports. It was always cis girls and women that affected on those particular topics.

But if that's not what you meant, I don't know how to gauge the answer of who's more fed up of who.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you think you are more, or less "Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people." than me and my biologically born female siblings are sick of men in dresses invading our personal spaces and sports for their amusement?"

For their amusement????

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I already knew I didn't have to read or respond to the thread even though I don't like some of the opinions put across or the motive behind the "debate", so was telling me I don't have to respond actually helpful? "

Sorry I didn’t understand the rest so I’ll leave that. I wouldn’t say it was helpful, but it certainly wasn’t silencing you. It was to make a pretty simple point, that’s all.

I think again that’s something we can agree we’ve just got opposing views on, it’s not a biggie mate.

Reply privately

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

"A person who has XX chromosomes and reproductive organs that make bearing children possible"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I already knew I didn't have to read or respond to the thread even though I don't like some of the opinions put across or the motive behind the "debate", so was telling me I don't have to respond actually helpful?

Sorry I didn’t understand the rest so I’ll leave that. I wouldn’t say it was helpful, but it certainly wasn’t silencing you. It was to make a pretty simple point, that’s all.

I think again that’s something we can agree we’ve just got opposing views on, it’s not a biggie mate. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you think you are more, or less "Sick of having my life and my trans siblings lives "debated" for the amusement of cis people." than me and my biologically born female siblings are sick of men in dresses invading our personal spaces and sports for their amusement?

Why do you care if my feelings on the subject are more or less than yours? Because if you're expecting me to answer based on my own experiences living as a woman before I transitioned, I can safely tell you no "man in a dress" affected me in my personal spaces or in sports. It was always cis girls and women that affected on those particular topics.

But if that's not what you meant, I don't know how to gauge the answer of who's more fed up of who. "

So you're saying that because it didn't affect you, you have absolutely no empathy for those it does affect. Ok.

Bess x

Reply privately

over a year ago

But if that's not what you meant, I don't know how to gauge the answer of who's more fed up of who.

So you're saying that because it didn't affect you, you have absolutely no empathy for those it does affect. Ok.

Bess x"

No, that's not what I'm saying at all I'm trying to understand how you want me to answer the question because you're not basing your question on any measurable evidence as to who is more pissed off about each other. Are you asking if there's more cis women that are upset than trans people? Because I don't have those numbers for you. What are you actually asking me so I can answer the question.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

What is ASDA ?

Do they have big parking spaces for my passion wagon? "

No. But they have space for your SMART car. Small things only need small spaces

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

What is ASDA ?

Don't say Sainsbury's I couldn't ever speak to you again ... so non descript. "

We Sainsbury

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

What is ASDA ?

No. But they have space for your SMART car. Small things only need small spaces "

Can we stop derailing and filling up the thread please?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bess x

No, that's not what I'm saying at all I'm trying to understand how you want me to answer the question because you're not basing your question on any measurable evidence as to who is more pissed off about each other. Are you asking if there's more cis women that are upset than trans people? Because I don't have those numbers for you. What are you actually asking me so I can answer the question. "

I asked what you "think".

Bess x

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

What is ASDA ?

No. But they have space for your SMART car. Small things only need small spaces "

The smartest thing to ever come out of your mouth is my sex wee

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bess x

No, that's not what I'm saying at all I'm trying to understand how you want me to answer the question because you're not basing your question on any measurable evidence as to who is more pissed off about each other. Are you asking if there's more cis women that are upset than trans people? Because I don't have those numbers for you. What are you actually asking me so I can answer the question.

Bess x"

And I don't think there's a way to measure whether I'm more pissed off about being debated like we're less than anyone else just because we're trans, than cis women are pissed off about trans women being women. That's what I think. That's what you asked me.

If you're asking what I think about trans women in sports, or any other topic to do with trans women, then actually ask those questions rather than framing it as a question that seems to be rooted in "only one of us is allowed to be pissed off".

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Bess x

Bess x

And I don't think there's a way to measure whether I'm more pissed off about being debated like we're less than anyone else just because we're trans, than cis women are pissed off about trans women being women. That's what I think. That's what you asked me.

If you're asking what I think about trans women in sports, or any other topic to do with trans women, then actually ask those questions rather than framing it as a question that seems to be rooted in "only one of us is allowed to be pissed off". "

I don’t think ANYONE has/would say you’re less than anyone else. I’m not sure why asking people to give their definition of what a woman is can be mistaken for that.

Reply privately

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

Will you two get a room

Reply privately

By *con7Man
over a year ago

BARNET

The fairer sex. Certainly more aesthetically beautiful than a man

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Bess x

Bess x

If you're asking what I think about trans women in sports, or any other topic to do with trans women, then actually ask those questions rather than framing it as a question that seems to be rooted in "only one of us is allowed to be pissed off".

I don’t think ANYONE has/would say you’re less than anyone else. I’m not sure why asking people to give their definition of what a woman is can be mistaken for that."

Its a lighthearted thread as they all are

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

This one is brave

Reply privately

over a year ago

I identify as neither trans nor cis...I am a woman, one who has reproduced and nourished my children from my breast. That defines me from men. I dont object to anyone self identifying as they desire but please refrain from rebranding me. I've said before, in order to achieve a desired identity, it is not helpful if this means the identity of others is eroded.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"This one is brave "

Was a previous thread that got derailed and full so thought open back up.

Reply privately

By *urreyfun38Couple
over a year ago

croydon

"This one is brave "

And has gone exactly how I expected it to

Reply privately

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

May I ask a question? A genuine one that I haven't seen anyone else ask.

Why are you so pissed off?

I've read your profile and it states you're a Trans-Man. Although you chose, woman as gender for the site. This threadbis asking about woman but you've jumped in with, from what I can see, attitude from the word go. Why? You don't identify as a woman.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I actually identify as a woman now,so I think I'm qualified to answer this question

Reply privately

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

May I ask a question? A genuine one that I haven't seen anyone else ask.

Why are you so pissed off?

I've read your profile and it states you're a Trans-Man. Although you chose, woman as gender for the site. This threadbis asking about woman but you've jumped in with, from what I can see, attitude from the word go. Why? You don't identify as a woman."

Because no one would give their profile a second look!

There's lots of profiles on this site, as female gender, yet are actually trans men or just guys.

They send a message (single female profile) stating what they'd like to do to me and 'this is the male half messaging you'. I report them all but nothing ever happens.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I actually identify as a woman now,so I think I'm qualified to answer this question "

Go for it! What is your definition of what a woman is?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bess x

Bess x

If you're asking what I think about trans women in sports, or any other topic to do with trans women, then actually ask those questions rather than framing it as a question that seems to be rooted in "only one of us is allowed to be pissed off". "

No, you know exactly what I'm asking and you're just side-stepping. I'll try to make it simpler. You say that "cis" people debating this topic is for their "amusement" and that you're sick of it. This suggests that you feel that only you and your "trans siblings" have the right to be "sick of it", when their are many people on both sides who want to discuss it rationally. You adding "for their amusement" is insulting to the "cis" side of the debate.

My question is - do you personally "think" you have more rights to be "sick" of the topic than "cis" people? If you think those on both sides have equal rights to be "sick" of it, then stop using insulting phrases like "for their amusement" when debating the topic.

Bess x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I actually identify as a woman now,so I think I'm qualified to answer this question

Go for it! What is your definition of what a woman is?"

The question should be,what should be what am I going to do now that I'm a woman,can I now get changed in the female locker room in the swimming pool? Can I now get a reduction in car insurance,can I get a man to change my flat tyre? The possibilities are endless

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I actually identify as a woman now,so I think I'm qualified to answer this question

The question should be,what should be what am I going to do now that I'm a woman,can I now get changed in the female locker room in the swimming pool? Can I now get a reduction in car insurance,can I get a man to change my flat tyre? The possibilities are endless"

Doesn’t deserve a genuine response, however I never considered stuff like car insurance!

Reply privately

By *andycandy88Woman
over a year ago

Northolt

For me there are two kinds of women, one is a gossipper who envys a woman she feels to be intimidated by also carries past trauma which has broken her but she's aware or indenial makes rash choices without thinking it through.

On the other hand there are women who have empathy and compassion. Who would take caution in knowing what they say and do will carry out a generic impression. They are clear and assured of what they want in their life and stay grounded also focused to achieve their goals. Its natural to her to care and be considerate but also will not be used mistreated and abused but life has taught her through her experiences what works for her and carries her manners and respect for others everywhere she goes until shown that a particular place or person does not return love given back. A woman completes others not competes and gives where she can when she can what she can, doesn't tolerate much but also doesn't give out the toxins that many carry which becomes parts of their habits she can also take accountability for any offence caused unintentionally find the resolution to reason learn and progress forward with those who also desire to do the same too

xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

The question should be,what should be what am I going to do now that I'm a woman,can I now get changed in the female locker room in the swimming pool? Can I now get a reduction in car insurance,can I get a man to change my flat tyre? The possibilities are endless

Doesn’t deserve a genuine response, however I never considered stuff like car insurance!"

It's a crazy world,ok I'm going to work,have a lovely day

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What is ASDA ?

Don't say Sainsbury's I couldn't ever speak to you again ... so non descript.

We Sainsbury "

It's so sanitised...... vile place. It's like a church but less exciting.

Anyway .... I can't be seen talking to you . My Waitrose family would point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Doesn’t deserve a genuine response, however I never considered stuff like car insurance!"

Gendered car insurance quotes were made illegal some time ago. In the UK at least.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What is ASDA ?

Do they have big parking spaces for my passion wagon? "

Sure do! and for your cock trailer at the back ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

The important thing for me, is to treat people how they wish to be treated, and if someone has a strong need to live as or be treated as the opposite sex to which they were born, then it's very unlikely to affect anyone apart from them.

I have opinions on the validity of the nonbinary gender identities, and I think there's a lot of attention seeking loudmouthed nonsense coming from militant lunatics -- but ultimately people should be free to live and express themselves however they wish.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

A woman is an adult female:

This thread and last thread indicated 2 things, born as a female, or identifies as a woman.

This makes it straight forward in my eyes, it is possible for a person born a biological male to identify as a woman, but it does not change their biological sex, it refers to their gender identity.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"A woman is an adult female:

This thread and last thread indicated 2 things, born as a female, or identifies as a woman.

This makes it straight forward in my eyes, it is possible for a person born a biological male to identify as a woman, but it does not change their biological sex, it refers to their gender identity.

"

thank you that cleared that up now can they drive the wrong way down one way streets or not?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/05/23 16:10:33]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Someone that makes my dreams come true

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

thank you that cleared that up now can they drive the wrong way down one way streets or not? "

Only when they are rescuing you apparently macky ....

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

thank you that cleared that up now can they drive the wrong way down one way streets or not? "

My opinion not okay with you?

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

What is ASDA ?

Sure do! and for your cock trailer at the back ... "

Again please stop derailing and filling the thread.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

thank you that cleared that up now can they drive the wrong way down one way streets or not?

Only when they are rescuing you apparently macky .... "

omg they pretend they are the AA

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"

That a very reasoned takeaway bud. Whether people agree, or not, you’ve listened to varying views and articulated your point well. High five my man.

Reply privately

By *ultiOMan
over a year ago

Galway

My personal definition of a woman is a person that identifies with, and outwardly exhibits feminine attributes.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

My opinion not okay with you?"

I said it cleared it up did i not

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Someone that makes my dreams come true "
cmon wonky tell us your dreams?

Reply privately

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Could care less if women are happy for men to take their space oh well. Just waiting for when ppl will start identifying as another race or status. Can't wait to be a king or billionaire.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"My personal definition of a woman is a person that identifies with, and outwardly exhibits feminine attributes."

Another very reasoned response.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Someone that makes my dreams come true cmon wonky tell us your dreams? "

And get banned from site.

No.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Could care less if women are happy for men to take their space oh well. Just waiting for when ppl will start identifying as another race or status. Can't wait to be a king or billionaire."

Trans racial is already a thing…I ain’t getting into that can of worms!

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Someone that makes my dreams come true cmon wonky tell us your dreams?

No. "

lol really that outrageous

Reply privately

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Was born with a womb

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Happy with the dictionary definition an adult female human being.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Happy with the dictionary definition an adult female human being.

"

Exactly this.

Reply privately

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

Small feet. So she can get closer to the kitchen sink.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"

So you also agree with the below?

“an adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth”

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Following on from the previous thread.

How do you personally define a woman? Please no; insulting others just for a differing opinion, intentionally offending/belittling.

Personally I define a woman as a human adult female. "

Incomplete and inconclusive book of physiology

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Incomplete and inconclusive book of physiology "

Sorry don’t understand your point?

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Someone who’s farts stink a whole lot worse than a mans

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry don’t understand your point?"

Ah very vague absurd thought, to elucidate women is like a incomplete and inconclusive book the more man try to understand and define he gets more confuse, IMHO this topic is conundrum , again personal view

Reply privately

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

My brains to limited to even begin to define what women.....I can barely define myself

Reply privately

over a year ago

Woman - the only constant about me is change ..

Ps. Can't speak for other women.

T

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Sorry don’t understand your point?

Ah very vague absurd thought, to elucidate women is like a incomplete and inconclusive book the more man try to understand and define he gets more confuse, IMHO this topic is conundrum , again personal view "

Again apologies, but you’re not making much sense. What does “elucidate women” mean? I’m not sure you know how to use “elucidate” correctly.

It should be relatively simple to give your definition of a woman, whatever your view.

Reply privately

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

"I identify as neither trans nor cis...I am a woman, one who has reproduced and nourished my children from my breast. That defines me from men. I dont object to anyone self identifying as they desire but please refrain from rebranding me. I've said before, in order to achieve a desired identity, it is not helpful if this means the identity of others is eroded."

Absolutely love this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"My personal definition of a woman is a person that identifies with, and outwardly exhibits feminine attributes."

What are feminine attributes?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Someone that makes my dreams come true cmon wonky tell us your dreams?

No. lol really that outrageous "

kinkier

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I identify as neither trans nor cis...I am a woman, one who has reproduced and nourished my children from my breast. That defines me from men. I dont object to anyone self identifying as they desire but please refrain from rebranding me. I've said before, in order to achieve a desired identity, it is not helpful if this means the identity of others is eroded."

I don't like term cis either.

T

Reply privately

By *anforkinkywomenMan
over a year ago

Barwell

Thank you for calling out personal insults. I don't have ill intent towards anyone.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

“an adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth”"

No. But no ill intent to those that do that

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

“an adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth”

No. But no ill intent to those that do that "

But that’s the dictionary definition?

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Could care less if women are happy for men to take their space oh well. Just waiting for when ppl will start identifying as another race or status. Can't wait to be a king or billionaire.

Trans racial is already a thing…I ain’t getting into that can of worms! "

There was also some old guy in Holland that identified as a 7 year old girl and insisted the primary school allow him to attend and use the girls toilet

Let him attend

Reply privately

By *anforkinkywomenMan
over a year ago

Barwell

What made me start a similar thread was because my female friend lives with a trans woman who used to be her partner before she transitioned. I did used to like her ex partner (I've only known her since her transition) but found out that this person bullies my friend and uses their taller and broader physique to intimidate.

When my friend sticks up for herself and explains she finds her intimidating she gets called transphonic.

It made me think wonder if it is possible to accept their are biological differences between trans women and biological woman that do sometimes make it less safe or fair for people born as female if they're not differentiated.

I know also that trans people are subject to unfair treatment and abuse. And I completely object to that.

But I don't like that fact that you can't raise issues on either side without being shouted down and being insulted.

If you could replace political correctness with some mutual respect then it wouldn't need to be so emotive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But that’s the dictionary definition?"

Yup. That is in the dictionary. If everyone is "happy" with the dictionary definition then case closed a woman is:

1. An adult human female

2. An adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What made me start a similar thread was because my female friend lives with a trans woman who used to be her partner before she transitioned. I did used to like her ex partner (I've only known her since her transition) but found out that this person bullies my friend and uses their taller and broader physique to intimidate.

When my friend sticks up for herself and explains she finds her intimidating she gets called transphonic.

It made me think wonder if it is possible to accept their are biological differences between trans women and biological woman that do sometimes make it less safe or fair for people born as female if they're not differentiated.

I know also that trans people are subject to unfair treatment and abuse. And I completely object to that.

But I don't like that fact that you can't raise issues on either side without being shouted down and being insulted.

If you could replace political correctness with some mutual respect then it wouldn't need to be so emotive."

There's arseholes on both sides if the debate. Not sure what someone keeps in their pants has much to do with that.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Yup. That is in the dictionary. If everyone is "happy" with the dictionary definition then case closed a woman is:

1. An adult human female

2. An adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth"

I’m personally not, but I wanted to point it out.

Reply privately

By *anforkinkywomenMan
over a year ago

Barwell

"What made me start a similar thread was because my female friend lives with a trans woman who used to be her partner before she transitioned. I did used to like her ex partner (I've only known her since her transition) but found out that this person bullies my friend and uses their taller and broader physique to intimidate.

If you could replace political correctness with some mutual respect then it wouldn't need to be so emotive.

There's arseholes on both sides if the debate. Not sure what someone keeps in their pants has much to do with that."

It does when women with a penis get sent to a woman's jail because of PC. When they're in prison for crimes against women.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

If you could replace political correctness with some mutual respect then it wouldn't need to be so emotive."

That’s more than fair bud.

There’s idiots on both sides that need to show empathy & understanding.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's arseholes on both sides if the debate. Not sure what someone keeps in their pants has much to do with that.

It does when women with a penis get sent to a woman's jail because of PC. When they're in prison for crimes against women."

I was referring to the

'you can't raise issues on either side without being shouted down and being insulted' bit.

Reply privately

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman
over a year ago

In the clouds

of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

"a herd of female deer"

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I was referring to the

'you can't raise issues on either side without being shouted down and being insulted' bit."

You can have a dick, or not have a dick, just don’t be a dick.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

But that’s the dictionary definition?"

Not my dictionary I guess the online one has moved on with the times. I’m still happy with what I have written.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was referring to the

'you can't raise issues on either side without being shouted down and being insulted' bit.

You can have a dick, or not have a dick, just don’t be a dick. "

This^^

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

"a herd of female deer""

So would you say a trans female is a woman? No trick question and no judgement either way.

It’s a massively hot topic, but an important one imo.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

"a herd of female deer"

So would you say a trans female is a woman? No trick question and no judgement either way.

It’s a massively hot topic, but an important one imo."

No

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

1. An adult human female

2. An adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth"

Born biological female and adult = woman

Identifies as a woman not born biological female and adult = not a biological woman.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

Not my dictionary I guess the online one has moved on with the times. I’m still happy with what I have written. "

Cambridge, Merriam Webster and indeed most now have that in there… and we wonder why there’s confusion and debate.

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"a herd of female deer"

No"

Appreciate the honest reply.

Reply privately

By *it4uMan
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

Define woman: a beautiful human being

Reply privately

By *nkyCpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Define woman: a beautiful human being "

So most humans are women?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"a herd of female deer"

No

Appreciate the honest reply. "

That answer was from my biology teacher at school

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Not my dictionary I guess the online one has moved on with the times. I’m still happy with what I have written.

Cambridge, Merriam Webster and indeed most now have that in there… and we wonder why there’s confusion and debate. "

Semantic connotation wins the day

Reply privately