Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Any limits?

Jump to newest

By *obilebottom OP   Man
over a year ago

All over

Don't you hate it when people ask that after a message or two? I would assume everyone would have limits and of course context always matters. Why not wait and find out rather than plan everything in the minutest detail. Silly question or justified? I am sure opinions will differ but that's just mine

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *cotCouple666Couple
over a year ago

Central Belt

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking beforehand. You don't want to be in the throws of passion, try something they really don't like and kill the mood. Establishing boundaries in advance is important.

Beth x

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

It all depends on what sort of play you are into if its particular kink that they after it makes some sense as if its not what your into then i suppose theres no point in continuing the conversation. But in general i would be the same i would want to have more chat first

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

"Don't you hate it when people ask that after a message or two? I would assume everyone would have limits and of course context always matters. Why not wait and find out rather than plan everything in the minutest detail. Silly question or justified? I am sure opinions will differ but that's just mine "

'Wait to find out' is definitely easier as a guy. I'm more than happy to go with the flow but can completely understand a woman setting boundaries before a meet. Drawing a boundary isn't planning a meet in detail. It's a basic list of 'do not likes'

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

I think its a fair question. I have them and if someone wants to know to help establish if we have the same turn ons then ask away.

Just for the record mine limits are:

Daddy

pee

poo

pain and blood.

I only share my cheesecake with a limited few.

By *obilebottom OP   Man
over a year ago

All over

"It all depends on what sort of play you are into if its particular kink that they after it makes some sense as if its not what your into then i suppose theres no point in continuing the conversation. But in general i would be the same i would want to have more chat first "

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Asking that after the first message or two before a but more of a chat just seems a bit weird though I do appreciate people saying that is good to establish boundaries etc. Timing is important, me thinks

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Personally, I like to establish limits at the outset so they're mutually understood. Last thing I want is someone curling off a huge turd and expecting me to roll in it.

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

"It all depends on what sort of play you are into if its particular kink that they after it makes some sense as if its not what your into then i suppose theres no point in continuing the conversation. But in general i would be the same i would want to have more chat first

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Asking that after the first message or two before a but more of a chat just seems a bit weird though I do appreciate people saying that is good to establish boundaries etc. Timing is important, me thinks "

It’s difficult one as everyone is different and no one shape fits all holes.

Theres been times im glad it was early as we wanted different things and thats fine it meant the expectations were clear and it went no where because we knew that.

But then its how early is too early

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Planing out saves time

Saves people time being wasted

If say they in to something I am not

Or in saves a bad experience if say someone assumes someone is in to something and they not

Go to try mid meet and the other person stops play

Can lead to dangers things or uncomfortable or one person felling disatfide with the meet

So it’s best to get compatibility out the way and gude lines drawn as early as possible that way

Both parties times aren’t being wasted if say there’s a blocker or a sticking point

Yous can part ways ither as pen pals and drop a hello how are you doing ever now and then

Or just part was never to speak again

over a year ago

Watersports and blood.

I just don't get it

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

"Planing out saves time

Or in saves a bad experience if say someone assumes someone is in to something and they not

Can lead to dangers things or uncomfortable or one person felling disatfide with the meet

So it’s best to get compatibility out the way and gude lines drawn as early as possible that way

Both parties times aren’t being wasted if say there’s a blocker or a sticking point

Yous can part ways ither as pen pals and drop a hello how are you doing ever now and then

"

Exactly that its always good to know from the onset even if its not a detailed list

over a year ago

"Planing out saves time

Exactly that its always good to know from the onset even if its not a detailed list "

Yes it is that it

It’s the reason my profile is a wall off text set out so that I am cutting down on things before they even message me

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

"Planing out saves time

Exactly that its always good to know from the onset even if its not a detailed list

Yes it is that it

It’s the reason my profile is a wall off text set out so that I am cutting down on things before they even message me "

That’s actually a pretty good idea may have to do it

over a year ago

Well a conversation first before a social, then limits discussed before things go further. Though through conversation you should have covered the basics anyway.

Asked in messages too soon puts me off someone. Limits are or can be very personal to people.

By *obilebottom OP   Man
over a year ago

All over

"Well a conversation first before a social, then limits discussed before things go further. Though through conversation you should have covered the basics anyway.

Asked in messages too soon puts me off someone. Limits are or can be very personal to people. "

over a year ago

"Planing out saves time

Yes it is that it

It’s the reason my profile is a wall off text set out so that I am cutting down on things before they even message me

That’s actually a pretty good idea may have to do it "

It is if they read I find only like 20% read but it’s still there to help guide others

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

"Planing out saves time

Yes it is that it

It is if they read I find only like 20% read but it’s still there to help guide others "

That is very true! If only there was a way to make sure people actually read it

By *herry delightWoman
over a year ago

Ilfracombe

I hate it when people ask that after a message or two as well.

I have different limits depending on who I'm with for example, I would not do breath play with someone I have only just meet, but someone I trust over year of playing then I would.

Again bondage I would only do little bondage with some new e.g. my cuffs that I can get out of.

over a year ago

"Planing out saves time

Yes it is that it

It is if they read I find only like 20% read but it’s still there to help guide others

That is very true! If only there was a way to make sure people actually read it "

There is a way hide a key in the wall off text somewhere

Like if messages me headline should be cookies cake apple or something then you know before the message if the heading to the message is the key word they have read it if not then it’s obvious they didn’t

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Watersports and blood.

I just don't get it "

If its mixed the I would suggest seeking medical attention.

Post new Message to Thread