Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Intimidating

Jump to newest

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

Why do so many woman on here think my body is intimidating to them? Surely personality comes 1st. It does in my list of priorities. I’m a nice educated gentleman in reality

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

They probably think you are looking for gym fit women with no wobbly bits.

To be honest I've never been intimidated by anyone's body.

By *heBlowinsCouple
over a year ago

West Cork

"They probably think you are looking for gym fit women with no wobbly bits.

To be honest I've never been intimidated by anyone's body."

This ^^

Feeling comfortable and not self conscious during a meet is paramount

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

I don’t state what type I’m looking for because for me personality is no.1 before body

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Why do so many woman on here think my body is intimidating to them? Surely personality comes 1st. It does in my list of priorities. I’m a nice educated gentleman in reality"

I'd let you educate me

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 11/05/23 07:11:54]

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

People think I’m quite intimidating, but I think that’s because a was blessed with the face of a serial killer.

The mr

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I don’t state what type I’m looking for because for me personality is no.1 before body"

Just because you don't state it doesn't mean some women still won't think it (as your OP shows)

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"People think I’m quite intimidating, but I think that’s because a was blessed with the face of a serial killer.

The mr "

Nah. That with your personality of a serial killer is a winner.

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

I don’t state what type I’m looking for because for me personality is no.1 before body

Just because you don't state it doesn't mean some women still won't think it (as your OP shows)"

I’ll state that in my profile, thanks x

over a year ago

They may think you're after a woman who's slim or gym fit - xx

By *atnayCouple
over a year ago

STEVENAGE

Sadly social media, airbrushing and all the adds for the perfect bod have left so many of us feeling inadequate. So when we see a gym buff we assume that that's what they too are looking for.

Reality is that its not always the case. Many value chemistry over appearence.

By *asyGent75Man
over a year ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

Buddy I’m trying to achieve that look, how have you gone about doing, was looking into doing callisthenics

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Why do so many woman on here think my body is sickening to them? Surely personality comes 1st? I’m a educated, mindful and have some very leftfield beliefs and quite simply doesn't care if people can accept me or not.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

As a non English speaker, I’m very surprised to find out someone would use word “intimidating” to describe other person’s body.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I don’t get intimidated but I do sometimes think they look like they spend half their life in the gym. They’re not gonna wanna eat pizza in bed

over a year ago

"I don’t get intimidated but I do sometimes think they look like they spend half their life in the gym. They’re not gonna wanna eat pizza in bed "

love it haha

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

"People think I’m quite intimidating, but I think that’s because a was blessed with the face of a serial killer.

The mr

Nah. That with your personality of a serial killer is a winner. "

Carry on talking like that and you’ll end up tied up in my loft

The mr

over a year ago

Not intimidated. I just don't see that there's a match between gym fit guys and me.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Women are scared by my body - the thought of being trapped under it and having to be rescued…. I think!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don’t state what type I’m looking for because for me personality is no.1 before body"

But you don't state that either.

and your nickname is _it4u not PersonalityHunter or Bods don't Count

and your pic is of a ripped torso ...

God these women are so stupid .. how could they not see that you are interested in their personality ( what ever that means )

over a year ago

Upload a cheat day pic. Stepping in a gym is scary for some

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Upload a cheat day pic. Stepping in a gym is scary for some "

What's a cheat day pic ?

By *erence IIMan
over a year ago

Irrelevant

"Not intimidated. I just don't see that there's a match between gym fit guys and me. "

This illustrates what I was about to say. Some people will see a body they judge to be more perfect than theirs and it makes them feel more insecure about themselves.

Others will see a body they judge to have had a lot of time spent on it and decide that this fact some is enough to mean the person is incompatible with them.

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

"I don’t get intimidated but I do sometimes think they look like they spend half their life in the gym. They’re not gonna wanna eat pizza in bed "

Haha I hate gyms, not been to one in 25yrs, and yes I’d love to eat pizza in bed as long as I can have a whole pizza

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

"Buddy I’m trying to achieve that look, how have you gone about doing, was looking into doing callisthenics "

I hate gyms so don’t go there, I do 5mins exercises each morning and do various outdoor sports and eat healthy most of the time

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

The mr

Nah. That with your personality of a serial killer is a winner.

Carry on talking like that and you’ll end up tied up in my loft

The mr "

That's a risk I'll happily take it.

By *asyGent75Man
over a year ago

Doncaster South Yorkshire

"Buddy I’m trying to achieve that look, how have you gone about doing, was looking into doing callisthenics

I hate gyms so don’t go there, I do 5mins exercises each morning and do various outdoor sports and eat healthy most of the time"

Can you msg me your exercise routine

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

"Buddy I’m trying to achieve that look, how have you gone about doing, was looking into doing callisthenics

I hate gyms so don’t go there, I do 5mins exercises each morning and do various outdoor sports and eat healthy most of the time

Can you msg me your exercise routine "

I replied above

over a year ago

"Not intimidated. I just don't see that there's a match between gym fit guys and me.

This illustrates what I was about to say. Some people will see a body they judge to be more perfect than theirs and it makes them feel more insecure about themselves.

Others will see a body they judge to have had a lot of time spent on it and decide that this fact some is enough to mean the person is incompatible with them.

"

Is that a fancy way of calling me shallow?

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

I think I'm going to start telling myself that I'm just to god damn hot and intimidating hence no dates, much better than cause I'm a munter

By *ontWannaMissASwingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Not intimidated, but past experiences lead me to believe that if I'm interested in someone with a body like yours they won't be interested in me and my very squishy one. So I don't bother making contact. Obviously in some cases I may be wrong but not always clear from profiles and pics posted. (Mrs)

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

"Not intimidated, but past experiences lead me to believe that if I'm interested in someone with a body like yours they won't be interested in me and my very squishy one. So I don't bother making contact. Obviously in some cases I may be wrong but not always clear from profiles and pics posted. (Mrs) "

Your body looks interesting to me and anyway personality comes 1st

over a year ago

"Not intimidated, but past experiences lead me to believe that if I'm interested in someone with a body like yours they won't be interested in me and my very squishy one. So I don't bother making contact. Obviously in some cases I may be wrong but not always clear from profiles and pics posted. (Mrs) "

I do think some men like the contrast between their hard body and a "squishy" one. Same as the contrast between skin colours.

over a year ago

Bristol

"Not intimidated, but past experiences lead me to believe that if I'm interested in someone with a body like yours they won't be interested in me and my very squishy one. So I don't bother making contact. Obviously in some cases I may be wrong but not always clear from profiles and pics posted. (Mrs)

Your body looks interesting to me and anyway personality comes 1st "

Thanks, and agree personality is important. Although it's also nice if there is a little bit of attraction too

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I'm not intimidated but I wouldn't feel we were compatible.

over a year ago

Bristol

"Not intimidated, but past experiences lead me to believe that if I'm interested in someone with a body like yours they won't be interested in me and my very squishy one. So I don't bother making contact. Obviously in some cases I may be wrong but not always clear from profiles and pics posted. (Mrs)

I do think some men like the contrast between their hard body and a "squishy" one. Same as the contrast between skin colours. "

Hadn't thought of it like that.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Not intimidated. I just don't see that there's a match between gym fit guys and me.

"

I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near gym ft as I don't go to the gym and rather then watching endless amount of tv I spend having a healthy lifestyle, tecahing my child the same, spending time outdoos when we can, yoga, calisthetics, kettlebells, I think some just prefer to use the time better and choose a healthier way to life to best out our physical abilities. I like all type of physique and don't judge anyody simply on the way they look. This is simply stereotyping. I also ead lods, meditate and I'm highly intelligent, single parent so, there is time in the day for everything. Stereotype me then you are not woth knowing in the first place.

over a year ago

I’m not intimidated by your body but personally I prefer bigger guys and dad bods

But I’m sure you will get plenty of women interested In you

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

That's very stereotypical , and a bit judgmental...most people that go to the gym, love to unwind and have pizza and chocolate in bed, just like any other person... they simply don't do it everyday...

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I don’t get intimidated but I do sometimes think they look like they spend half their life in the gym. They’re not gonna wanna eat pizza in bed

That's very stereotypical , and a bit judgmental...most people that go to the gym, love to unwind and have pizza and chocolate in bed, just like any other person... they simply don't do it everyday..."

Omg it was a joke!

By *weetiepie99Woman
over a year ago

cardiff

Not intimidated either. Never am. To me you look healthy, slim, not really 'athletic' or 'ripped'. Maybe i need to put my specs on

over a year ago

I'm a wobbly mess so do always wonder why someone with a body they clearly work hard to sculpt would be interested in me.

I don't know if intimidated is the right word though. I suppose I'd just not feel 'good enough'.

I'd expect them to want equally gym fit women.

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

"I don’t get intimidated but I do sometimes think they look like they spend half their life in the gym. They’re not gonna wanna eat pizza in bed

That's very stereotypical , and a bit judgmental...most people that go to the gym, love to unwind and have pizza and chocolate in bed, just like any other person... they simply don't do it everyday...

Omg it was a joke!"

" it's just a joke bro...it's just a joke..." . Not everyone is gonna appreciate your sense of humour

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Omg it was a joke!

" it's just a joke bro...it's just a joke..." . Not everyone is gonna appreciate your sense of humour "

True . We all have a different sense of humour

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Omg it was a joke!

" it's just a joke bro...it's just a joke..." . Not everyone is gonna appreciate your sense of humour

True . We all have a different sense of humour "

I'll have pizza in bed with you

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Omg it was a joke!

True . We all have a different sense of humour I'll have pizza in bed with you "

No pineapple though

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Omg it was a joke!

True . We all have a different sense of humour I'll have pizza in bed with you

No pineapple though "

Never pineappple, I could think of naughtier topings.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Do the women say they are intimidated by your body directly or is that the assumption you've made?

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Omg it was a joke!

No pineapple though Never pineappple, I could think of naughtier topings."

Im very boring. I only like margarita

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Omg it was a joke!

No pineapple though Never pineappple, I could think of naughtier topings.

Im very boring. I only like margarita "

I wasn't taking about the pizza

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

Not intimidated by other peoples bodies and it doesn't stop me wanting to ay with them.

It's more my personal hang ups about me that's stop me. This starts even at messaging people, and then getting naked is off the scale.

over a year ago

Can’t say we’re intimidated by anyone’s body! Neither of us are models and have our wobbly bits but we wouldn’t be intimidated by someone who’s “hotter” than us

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

Omg it was a joke!

Did someone say pizza

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Omg it was a joke!

Did someone say pizza "

Wanna come and join?

over a year ago

Omg it was a joke!

I can bring topping..

over a year ago

"I'm a wobbly mess so do always wonder why someone with a body they clearly work hard to sculpt would be interested in me.

I don't know if intimidated is the right word though. I suppose I'd just not feel 'good enough'.

"

Yeah this is me too. Probably second guessing people. Probably letting my insecurity rule my head. Same with really handsome men. I'm not gonna be for them (in my head).

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

Omg it was a joke!

Did someone say pizza

Wanna come and join? "

Did someone offer me a dinner date

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Omg it was a joke!

Did someone say pizza

Wanna come and join?

Did someone offer me a dinner date "

If you fly me to France

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

Omg it was a joke!

No pineapple though "

I've just lost all respect for you Nora! Pineapple is the first thing on a pizza

over a year ago

Omg it was a joke!

Did someone say pizza

Wanna come and join?

If you fly me to France "

You pay for the plane, or helicopter, and I'll fly you wherever you want to go...

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I'm a wobbly mess so do always wonder why someone with a body they clearly work hard to sculpt would be interested in me.

Yeah this is me too. Probably second guessing people. Probably letting my insecurity rule my head. Same with really handsome men. I'm not gonna be for them (in my head)."

I totally get this and I don’t agree that it’s stereotyping. It’s our own insecurities.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Omg it was a joke!

Did someone say pizza

Wanna come and join?

If you fly me to France

You pay for the plane, or helicopter, and I'll fly you wherever you want to go... "

I forgot you can fly! . I shall get my private jet ready

over a year ago

Yeah this is me too. Probably second guessing people. Probably letting my insecurity rule my head. Same with really handsome men. I'm not gonna be for them (in my head).

I totally get this and I don’t agree that it’s stereotyping. It’s our own insecurities.

"

So the ideal fab man is overweight a d fugly? Who knew?...

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

So the ideal fab man is overweight a d fugly? Who knew?... "

Haha. To be honest personally I like a bit of squish

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Yeah this is me too. Probably second guessing people. Probably letting my insecurity rule my head. Same with really handsome men. I'm not gonna be for them (in my head)."

You seem like an intelligent person with interesting opinions, I wouldn't let insecurities stop you going for who you find attractive. I can't speak for all men or the ones you like but I find personality, intelligence and all boody types attractive. If I didn't irritate you so much I think your pictures, of what I have seen you are very attractive and MsWylde knows I think she is as well.

Here come the rolling eyes.

over a year ago

Everyone had their own level of confidence here, and many tend to self-calibrate where they think they fit on some arbitrary level of attractiveness - not realising that some of us also love bodies that are differ than ours in terms of level of fitness, size etc.

You should always take a shot. The worst that can happen is that is doesn’t land. But if you don’t, you might miss out on something great.

over a year ago

Haha. To be honest personally I like a bit of squish "

Now squish I can do....

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

Is this the vainest thread to date? You sound like Dennis Reynolds

over a year ago

So women have actually said they find your body intimidating?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

This

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Is this the vainest thread to date? You sound like Dennis Reynolds "
I had to google that and still have no idea who it is.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"Why do so many woman on here think my body is intimidating to them? Surely personality comes 1st. It does in my list of priorities. I’m a nice educated gentleman in reality"

So, if they think your body is intimidating, have they actually voiced this to you?. I'm curious as to how you know they think this.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Do the women say they are intimidated by your body directly or is that the assumption you've made?

"

Surely not? ??

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I wouldn't want to squish you

By *it4u OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton / Eastbourne

This"

I want pizza in bed

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

How many have said that though or is it an assumption?

If you set up your stall on here focusing on physical attributes and using a name that's linked in some way to a physical feature (much like those with 'hung', 'massivecock' or 'lookatthesizeofmygianypenisladies' in their usernames) then you have to accept that people will make judgements about your view and opinion of yourself.

If you really feel women are intimidated by your appearance, they're disregarding your awesome personality and devastating wit and charm, and it's affecting your chances to meet - then there's an easy solution.

Put some clothes on in your photos and see if they become less intimidating.

Simples.

A

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

"Is this the vainest thread to date? You sound like Dennis Reynolds I had to google that and still have no idea who it is."

An 'It's always sunny in Philadelphia' character who makes statements like this all the time. It's quality

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

"Why do so many woman on here think my body is intimidating to them? Surely personality comes 1st. It does in my list of priorities. I’m a nice educated gentleman in reality

How many have said that though or is it an assumption?

If you set up your stall on here focusing on physical attributes and using a name that's linked in some way to a physical feature (much like those with 'hung', 'massivecock' or 'lookatthesizeofmygianypenisladies' in their usernames) then you have to accept that people will make judgements about your view and opinion of yourself.

If you really feel women are intimidated by your appearance, they're disregarding your awesome personality and devastating wit and charm, and it's affecting your chances to meet - then there's an easy solution.

Put some clothes on in your photos and see if they become less intimidating.

Simples.

A"

That's a quality answer

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Do the women say they are intimidated by your body directly or is that the assumption you've made?

Surely not? ??"

It just doesn't make sense to me, because if I was genuinely intimidated by someone I wouldn't be talking to them and saying I was.

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Maybe ad a bit in ur profile that just because ur in good shape ur not looking 4 a gym fit women or wot ever ur type may be x

By *alvin.Man
over a year ago

Cork/Dublin

Squirrel!....heads turn sharply.

Right, time to intimidate myself by looking in the mirror. The morning bloody horror show. I think I'll have pizza for brekkie.

over a year ago

Yeah this is me too. Probably second guessing people. Probably letting my insecurity rule my head. Same with really handsome men. I'm not gonna be for them (in my head). You seem like an intelligent person with interesting opinions, I wouldn't let insecurities stop you going for who you find attractive. I can't speak for all men or the ones you like but I find personality, intelligence and all boody types attractive. If I didn't irritate you so much I think your pictures, of what I have seen you are very attractive and MsWylde knows I think she is as well.

Here come the rolling eyes."

Thank you very much. Not rolling my eyes

over a year ago

I've had people describe me as intimidating or of having an intimidating profile/pictures a few times.

Also been told I'd clearly go go for gym fit as I'm obviously a gym bunny.... Which is bollocks as I haven't been in a gym since school. Going for gym fit is also bollocks in my case.

So it does happen. I've never understood it and think the word intimidating is an odd choice.

How people perceive others on this site is a weird one.

over a year ago

"Everyone had their own level of confidence here, and many tend to self-calibrate where they think they fit on some arbitrary level of attractiveness - not realising that some of us also love bodies that are differ than ours in terms of level of fitness, size etc.

You should always take a shot. The worst that can happen is that is doesn’t land. But if you don’t, you might miss out on something great."

I'm happy enough in my zone. It feels comfortable.

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Just because you don't state it doesn't mean some women still won't think it (as your OP shows)

I’ll state that in my profile, thanks x"

But you have said the opposite on the forums?

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Yeah this is me too. Probably second guessing people. Probably letting my insecurity rule my head. Same with really handsome men. I'm not gonna be for them (in my head). You seem like an intelligent person with interesting opinions, I wouldn't let insecurities stop you going for who you find attractive. I can't speak for all men or the ones you like but I find personality, intelligence and all boody types attractive. If I didn't irritate you so much I think your pictures, of what I have seen you are very attractive and MsWylde knows I think she is as well.

Here come the rolling eyes.

Thank you very much. Not rolling my eyes "

I'm just speaking the truth but, you are very welcome.xx

over a year ago

So the ideal fab man is overweight a d fugly? Who knew?... "

That's not what Nora or I said!

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

That's not what Nora or I said! "

True. To be honest it’s always the face before anything else for me. I have to like someone’s face, If I don’t nothing else is relevant. Not sure if that comes across as shallow but it’s true.

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

That's not what Nora or I said!

True. To be honest it’s always the face before anything else for me. I have to like someone’s face, If I don’t nothing else is relevant. Not sure if that comes across as shallow but it’s true. "

I am the same.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

#notallwomen

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I quite often veer towards the moth-eaten relics on this site. They tend to be more accepting of my puppy-dog curves.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Top contender for the "Look at me" award for this week.

Any other entries?

By *ldgeezermeMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

So lots of women say to you:

"I'm not meeting you because I'm intimidated by your body"

Seems feasible

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"Top contender for the "Look at me" award for this week.

Any other entries? "

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

not even mine?

By *ust a little bit moreWoman
over a year ago

kendal

As someone who has played in the past with someone who's physical appearance they felt intimidated by, aswell as the fact that they could match my 'banter skills' which also caught me slightly off guard aswell

Id imagine it's probably because of your physique (I'm not aware of your ability to banter or have a laugh)

But your profile picture, your user name and your post arent really helping your cause much either.

over a year ago

But you don't state that either.

and your nickname is _it4u not PersonalityHunter or Bods don't Count

and your pic is of a ripped torso ...

God these women are so stupid .. how could they not see that you are interested in their personality ( what ever that means ) "

.....but, he achieved in getting lots of people to look at his profile.

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

Not sure if I'm considered "gymfit" but I don't tend to like gymfit women. I don't care about that so much, other factors make them sexy.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Nah, not having it

over a year ago

Any other entries? "

I’d like to put forward my own struggling to get meets thread from earlier this week!

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Well, I'm certainly not intimidated. I'd happily curl up in bed with you & a box of chocolates - especially as it looks like I'd have them all to myself.

Greedy? Moi??

over a year ago

Any other entries?

I’d like to put forward my own struggling to get meets thread from earlier this week! "

Hey I'm struggling, can I join in lol

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I hear you OP! So many women message me about how they're intimidated by my socks and sandals because no lingerie they buy can ever look as sexy. I keep telling them that their lingerie is sexy and not to worry as they shouldn't compare, but it doesn't help

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"I hear you OP! So many women message me about how they're intimidated by my socks and sandals because no lingerie they buy can ever look as sexy. I keep telling them that their lingerie is sexy and not to worry as they shouldn't compare, but it doesn't help "

Are the socks florescent green? Apparently in vogue this year

By *_hot_hornyCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

The only time we've felt a bit intimidated by someone's body was when we met a 6'4/5 guy who was also a body builder His thigh was thicker than my whole body - but he was lovely!

Anyway, we prefer average/Dad bod guys as there's more cushin' for the pushin', ripped, hard bodies are a lovely achievement but personally don't feel that nice when smashing into you x

By *z92Man
over a year ago

Scarborough

What u struggling with gorgeous? X

Post new Message to Thread