Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What have you done today....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

To make you feel proud?

Confronted a coworker who has been badmouthing me, he's bullied many of my colleagues and has taken to slagging me off behind my back. I asked if he had an issue with me? I normally let things slide for an easy life, and people mistake my forgiving nature for weakness.

I confronted him, and was actually wanting a heated conversation. However he backed down, and started blowing smoke up my arse (figuratively)

I actually cringed, if he had crawled any further up my arse, he'd have tickled my tonsils.

So my question to all is...

What have you done today, to make you feel proud?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

Got up early and walked from my hotel in Dusseldorf to the airport, just listening to podcasts, following signs

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

I think you might have done the wrong thing, but for the right reasons.

As a self-confessed hot-head, I probably would have done that too, but its not always the right course of action.

I am sure others will put it in a better way, but basically, you should probably have approached it through a 3rd party like HR.

over a year ago

"I think you might have done the wrong thing, but for the right reasons.

As a self-confessed hot-head, I probably would have done that too, but its not always the right course of action.

I am sure others will put it in a better way, but basically, you should probably have approached it through a 3rd party like HR."

He's Mr Teflon at our place, nothing sticks. I am normally Mr Placid, but could only take so much. I let a lot go over my head for professional reasons, but with this particular guy you give him an inch he'll take a yard. I gave him an opportunity to express any upset he had with me personally or my performance and was quite prepared to take on board any issue if it was constructive.

over a year ago

"Got up early and walked from my hotel in Dusseldorf to the airport, just listening to podcasts, following signs "

Nice one, I'd have been completely bamboozled. I struggle with English signposts lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I recieved the incorporation notice for my company

Proud and nervous!

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I've painted, done some carpentry, cemented moved stuff and about to start painting again

over a year ago

Paid for an old ladies shopping as she left her purse at home. Carried her shopping home and refused to take the money. She repaid me with a cup of tea and her stories of yesteryear

over a year ago

Got up and picked my daughter up for breakfast pancakes before taking her to nursery, got my running kit on and did a steady run with the dog, shopping the went home and batch cooked some spag bol for work. Made a prawn salad then sat down with a mug of tea. Just got to work for twighlight shift.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

Got a 77 % on one of my last uni assignment, *massively patting his back* and being self seeking

over a year ago

"I recieved the incorporation notice for my company

Proud and nervous! "

Well done

over a year ago

"I've painted, done some carpentry, cemented moved stuff and about to start painting again "

Wow go you, busy, busy busy

over a year ago

"Got up and picked my daughter up for breakfast pancakes before taking her to nursery, got my running kit on and did a steady run with the dog, shopping the went home and batch cooked some spag bol for work. Made a prawn salad then sat down with a mug of tea. Just got to work for twighlight shift. "

Ouch in the twilight and amazing on finding time and energy to fit so much into one day

over a year ago

"Got a 77 % on one of my last uni assignment, *massively patting his back* and being self seeking "

Nice one

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"To make you feel proud?

Confronted a coworker who has been badmouthing me, he's bullied many of my colleagues and has taken to slagging me off behind my back. I asked if he had an issue with me? I normally let things slide for an easy life, and people mistake my forgiving nature for weakness.

I confronted him, and was actually wanting a heated conversation. However he backed down, and started blowing smoke up my arse (figuratively)

I actually cringed, if he had crawled any further up my arse, he'd have tickled my tonsils.

So my question to all is...

What have you done today, to make you feel proud?"

Sometimes you have to approach bullies head on they'll have respect for you then

over a year ago

I took advantage of the weather and went jogging.

I made my partner laugh and laugh and laugh

I stood up for someone close to me and sent a fierce email of complaint about their treatment.

And I'm going to cook my kids favourite dinner.

I rock.

T

over a year ago

made a difference to a vulnerable patient's care journey.

Px

over a year ago

"I took advantage of the weather and went jogging.

I made my partner laugh and laugh and laugh

I stood up for someone close to me and sent a fierce email of complaint about their treatment.

And I'm going to cook my kids favourite dinner.

I rock.

T "

You certainly do rock

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

took my disabled son to his work place

and I will be proudly collecting him from it when he leaves sometime after midnight.

over a year ago

"made a difference to a vulnerable patient's care journey.

Px "

That's very sweet, it's nice to be able to do something so caring

By *urvytreatWoman
over a year ago

somewhere nice

Might be easy for most people, but I have bad anxiety, and today I got up, went to work and smashed my target. Very proud of myself

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"took my disabled son to his work place

and I will be proudly collecting him from it when he leaves sometime after midnight."

That sounds amazing and sure deserves uou bring proud. I hope he enjoyed his day and can tell you all about it.

over a year ago

"took my disabled son to his work place

and I will be proudly collecting him from it when he leaves sometime after midnight."

Lovely stuff, and I can imagine how proud you must be

over a year ago

"Might be easy for most people, but I have bad anxiety, and today I got up, went to work and smashed my target. Very proud of myself "

I've faced that struggle and I know how hard it can be. Go you!! Well done

over a year ago

I chatted to an old lady colleague (70+)from work, who lives at her own past couple of years since her husband died. I sensed she needs to vent out and speak to someone. It turned out she feels really lonely. So I also invited her over to mine for some cake and tea during the week.

over a year ago

"I chatted to an old lady colleague (70+)from work, who lives at her own past couple of years since her husband died. I sensed she needs to vent out and speak to someone. It turned out she feels really lonely. So I also invited her over to mine for some cake and tea during the week. "

Absolutely lovely

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Got up, did some yoga and meditation, logged onto work, got my daughter up, made breakfast, took her to school, got back in more work, daughter got home and chatted about her day, made dinner and breath.

over a year ago

"Got up, did some yoga and meditation, logged onto work, got my daughter up, made breakfast, took her to school, got back in more work, daughter got home and chatted about her day, made dinner and breath."

A very productive day

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Been at work all day and done nothing.

over a year ago

"Been at work all day and done nothing. "

Highly commendable