Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Job shamed

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been chatting to someone for ages, spoke about all sorts.

I got a weirdly random message the other night about why am I only a bus driver, did I not gain any other qualifications or want to better myself.

Then he disappeared...I didn't do it...honest gov.

So I'm wondering if only being a bus driver equates to a 'failure' and, if anyone else has been job shamed...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

Ask yourself what would all the passengers waiting for their bus do without you and you have the answer

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Anyone who shames anyone because of their job is an utter twat and wouldn’t give what they said a second thought

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

Im really sorry that people are like that. It makes no difference what you do as long as your happy at your job thats the only think that matters. Its really none of anyone’s business what you do for a living.

I have too but because my organisation has a bad reputation for the nature of what it does. I now just dont say because its easier to say nothing

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Lot of skills required to drive a bus its an underated skill, i think that person wasn't interested for other reasons but gave that as an excuse

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"I've been chatting to someone for ages, spoke about all sorts.

I got a weirdly random message the other night about why am I only a bus driver, did I not gain any other qualifications or want to better myself.

So I'm wondering if only being a bus driver equates to a 'failure' and, if anyone else has been job shamed..."

Fuck them, that's judgemental as hell someone you woundnt want in your life in any capacity...love the way people filter themselves out

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Just odd behaviour, we never share our professions because otherwise you would have weirdos trying to find you on LinkedIn etc. Plus it's a sex site not a life partner site.

Brush it off and put it down as experience and a lucky escape.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

A job is a job. People do all sorts of jobs for all sorts of reason. As long as YOU are happy doing it then that is the main thing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Every job is as important as the next, we're all a cog in a machine, take any cog out without replacing it and the machine breaks down.

Both of us have owned small businesses and also we've both cleaned toilets, neither job was more important than the other.

over a year ago

I’m sorry but that’s disgusting! I took a few steps down in my career cos I was really unhappy. I’m sure people think the same about me but I couldn’t care less! I’m really happy with what I do and I enjoy my job, that’s worth far more than any fancy title or higher wage

Mr

By *uteLittleGeekWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

People are so evil.

No one should be shamed for what they do. They are working hard and bringing income home.

Only lazy people should be shamed.

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"Im really sorry that people are like that. It makes no difference what you do as long as your happy at your job thats the only think that matters. Its really none of anyone’s business what you do for a living.

I have too but because my organisation has a bad reputation for the nature of what it does. I now just dont say because its easier to say nothing "

Estate agent, car salesman, tax inspector, gigolo, plumber, solicitor, cold caller, stripper......?

over a year ago

You provide a valuable service that people rely on to get to their own jobs.

Plus dealing with public, aggressive, rude or d*unk passengers.

Navigating difficult routes, pedestrians, crazy drivers...

Not an easy job by any means. And so what if it is an easy job? Not everyone wants to rule the world.

over a year ago

So I'm wondering if only being a bus driver equates to a 'failure' and, if anyone else has been job shamed..."

im sorry you have experienced this. I see people like you as hereos.if it wasn't for the likes of you that oerson most probably could not collect his benefits

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I'd have thought people would have loved meeting bus drivers?

Given how hard some people find it to get a meet its probably the best way to guarantee someone showing up, given that quite often you wait for one for ages and then three show up at the same time!

Chin up OP. I'm sure there'll be someone riding your top deck in no time.

A

over a year ago

Every job is important.

I remember the story of the Janitor at Nasa.

During a tour of facilities once, someone bumoed into this chap and asked him what he did and he replied 'I put a man on the moon'

And the reason he said that was because Nasa valued each and every one of their employees and it was understood that, if he didn't do his job, then others couldn't do theirs effectively and the moon landings would never have happened.

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

"Im really sorry that people are like that. It makes no difference what you do as long as your happy at your job thats the only think that matters. Its really none of anyone’s business what you do for a living.

I have too but because my organisation has a bad reputation for the nature of what it does. I now just dont say because its easier to say nothing

Estate agent, car salesman, tax inspector, gigolo, plumber, solicitor, cold caller, stripper......? "

No further comment but its on there

Definitely not stripper though, although it would be interesting

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Bus driver, failiure??? Are you kidding me?? You literally have people's lives in your hands every day.

The roads bus drivers have to go around down my way are mind boggling, even cars struggle sometimes so fuck knows how they get a double decker round there. The abuse they have to put up with too, for things which are out of their control. I will fight in Cornwall's coastal bus drivers corner until my last breath, I have nothing but respect for them, even the grumpy ones

By *atty CoramWoman
over a year ago

Wimbledon

Not sure what the opposite of job shaming is but I chatted (briefly) to someone on here who said that his job as a lawyer somehow proved he wasn't an 'idiot' like some others on here.

He then asked if his job matched my 'standards'

I said job and vocation are irrelevant to how interesting I find a person.

Suffice it to say the conversation didn't last long after that.

By *untimes wantedMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

considering the amount of people that rely on bus drivers to get to work ,shops ,appointments etc i think bus drivers provide an important service to a lot of people.

On the rare times i need to use a bus i always thank the driver when i am getting off the bus and have seen lot of others do the same.

over a year ago

"Ask yourself what would all the passengers waiting for their bus do without you and you have the answer "

I'm aware I'm an important cog

over a year ago

"Anyone who shames anyone because of their job is an utter twat and wouldn’t give what they said a second thought"

It's definitely a them problem, I just wondered if there were anymore 'them'

over a year ago

I have too but because my organisation has a bad reputation for the nature of what it does. I now just dont say because its easier to say nothing "

Have you been given abuse because of it?

over a year ago

"Lot of skills required to drive a bus its an underated skill, i think that person wasn't interested for other reasons but gave that as an excuse "

It's a really skilled job, not just driving a bus that's required

over a year ago

"

Fuck them, that's judgemental as hell someone you woundnt want in your life in any capacity...love the way people filter themselves out"

I too love it when the trash takes itself out...

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

Have you been given abuse because of it?"

Yep because they thought i was individually responsible for what they do. It was a very quick block to say the least.

over a year ago

"Just odd behaviour, we never share our professions because otherwise you would have weirdos trying to find you on LinkedIn etc. Plus it's a sex site not a life partner site.

Brush it off and put it down as experience and a lucky escape. "

Oh I'm not upset...I'm not looking for anything other than great sex...maybe that was the issue; he realised he wouldn't be able to provide the great sex

over a year ago

"A job is a job. People do all sorts of jobs for all sorts of reason. As long as YOU are happy doing it then that is the main thing.

"

Love my job, the issue is his, not mine

over a year ago

Wow, that’s the level of some people mate, and obvs a good escape from you,

People can be beautiful on the outside and very ugly on the inside. Quite clearly with this person they are very firmly in that category

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

They sound like a right BUS WANKER Op.

What people do for a living on here doesn’t really hold much interest to me. I’ll ask but it’s not like we’re going to go on Dragon’s Den together.

over a year ago

"Every job is as important as the next, we're all a cog in a machine, take any cog out without replacing it and the machine breaks down.

Both of us have owned small businesses and also we've both cleaned toilets, neither job was more important than the other."

That's very true, although I suspect more people would've complained about dirty toilets

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Ask yourself what would all the passengers waiting for their bus do without you and you have the answer

I'm aware I'm an important cog "

Especially in Dundee with all that snow

By *erc0814Man
over a year ago

Worcester

I was a bus driver for 16 years. Trucker for 15. " only a bus driver" deserves all the contempt in the world. Its a very rewarding job

over a year ago

It’s crass to shame someone who doesn’t deserve it, in any fashion.

Yesterday, I railed against someone in another thread about insinuating another user was of low intelligence. I’ve seen him do it on a few occasions, in a dismissive manner yet he is praised for being a “gentleman” in the Lounge. Doesn’t matter how “erudite” or “eloquent” one is, belittling others is utterly reprehensible and deserves the same to be done to themselves.

M

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

Some people are just arseholes and thrive of that kind of thing

over a year ago

"I’m sorry but that’s disgusting! I took a few steps down in my career cos I was really unhappy. I’m sure people think the same about me but I couldn’t care less! I’m really happy with what I do and I enjoy my job, that’s worth far more than any fancy title or higher wage

Oh I don't care about his opinion, I just wondered if others thought that a being a bus driver was a failure.

Glad to hear you ended up where you need to be

Mr"

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

Yep because they thought i was individually responsible for what they do. It was a very quick block to say the least."

I'm not a gambler by any means. But , I'd put every penny i have on it being a tax inspector

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

Yep because they thought i was individually responsible for what they do. It was a very quick block to say the least.

I'm not a gambler by any means. But , I'd put every penny i have on it being a tax inspector "

Nope

over a year ago

"People are so evil.

No one should be shamed for what they do. They are working hard and bringing income home.

Only lazy people should be shamed.

"

I'd have been ashamed of myself for even thinking that of someone, much less telling them...what a twat

over a year ago

"You provide a valuable service that people rely on to get to their own jobs.

Plus dealing with public, aggressive, rude or d*unk passengers.

Navigating difficult routes, pedestrians, crazy drivers...

Not an easy job by any means. And so what if it is an easy job? Not everyone wants to rule the world."

I definitely don't...I'd need to stay up late

over a year ago

" im sorry you have experienced this. I see people like you as hereos.if it wasn't for the likes of you that oerson most probably could not collect his benefits "

Never thought of it that way

over a year ago

"

I'd have thought people would have loved meeting bus drivers?

Given how hard some people find it to get a meet its probably the best way to guarantee someone showing up, given that quite often you wait for one for ages and then three show up at the same time!

Chin up OP. I'm sure there'll be someone riding your top deck in no time.

A"

Lol...I've had standing room only...I'm doing fine in that regard

over a year ago

"Every job is important.

I remember the story of the Janitor at Nasa.

During a tour of facilities once, someone bumoed into this chap and asked him what he did and he replied 'I put a man on the moon'

And the reason he said that was because Nasa valued each and every one of their employees and it was understood that, if he didn't do his job, then others couldn't do theirs effectively and the moon landings would never have happened.

"

I love that story too, I'm not ashamed of my job. I know how much work it took to get it. But also, it's not the only qualification I've got...

over a year ago

"

Bus driver, failiure??? Are you kidding me?? You literally have people's lives in your hands every day.

The roads bus drivers have to go around down my way are mind boggling, even cars struggle sometimes so fuck knows how they get a double decker round there. The abuse they have to put up with too, for things which are out of their control. I will fight in Cornwall's coastal bus drivers corner until my last breath, I have nothing but respect for them, even the grumpy ones "

I don't consider my job a failure, just wondered if others did. I know how hard it was to get the licence and it's not my only qualification

I'm only grumpy when I screw up a ticket lol...bloody machines

over a year ago

"Wow, that’s the level of some people mate, and obvs a good escape from you,

People can be beautiful on the outside and very ugly on the inside. Quite clearly with this person they are very firmly in that category "

I concur

By *mwirralMan
over a year ago

wirral

Doesn't matter at all what job someone does, its how they conduct themselves that counts

over a year ago

"They sound like a right BUS WANKER Op.

What people do for a living on here doesn’t really hold much interest to me. I’ll ask but it’s not like we’re going to go on Dragon’s Den together. "

Maybe just a wanker...and that's probably all he'll manage with that attitude

over a year ago

"Doesn't matter at all what job someone does, its how they conduct themselves that counts "

Brum tish

over a year ago

"I was a bus driver for 16 years. Trucker for 15. " only a bus driver" deserves all the contempt in the world. Its a very rewarding job "

I'm loving it too

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

I never truly understood how people can be like that about other jobs that people do.

A bit of humbleness goes a long way, all jobs need doing whether it’s cleaning the streets, bus driving or care work.

Those who look down on others just reek of arrogance and twattery

over a year ago

"It’s crass to shame someone who doesn’t deserve it, in any fashion.

Yesterday, I railed against someone in another thread about insinuating another user was of low intelligence. I’ve seen him do it on a few occasions, in a dismissive manner yet he is praised for being a “gentleman” in the Lounge. Doesn’t matter how “erudite” or “eloquent” one is, belittling others is utterly reprehensible and deserves the same to be done to themselves.

M"

I agree, I make a stand for the underdog regularly. It's disgusting that people think it's acceptable to blurt out whatever opinion they have.

Opinions are like arseholes though...everyone has one

over a year ago

"I never truly understood how people can be like that about other jobs that people do.

A bit of humbleness goes a long way, all jobs need doing whether it’s cleaning the streets, bus driving or care work.

Those who look down on others just reek of arrogance and twattery"

I've not cleaned streets yet...I wonder what his take on that would be...

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

I'm not a gambler by any means. But , I'd put every penny i have on it being a tax inspector

Nope "

A gamblers life is not for me then

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

There are people who like to pull others down, just for the shear hell of it.

Oh your a stay at home mum, have you no ambitions? You've got a higher degree, you don't have any common sense? The list is endless, some people just feel rubbish about themselves and feel the need to make others feel the same.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Life is more about happiness than job.

By *iasubTV/TS
over a year ago

Ilkeston

Nope

A gamblers life is not for me then "

Definitely not, when you paying up then we all saw your bet

over a year ago

"Not sure what the opposite of job shaming is but I chatted (briefly) to someone on here who said that his job as a lawyer somehow proved he wasn't an 'idiot' like some others on here.

He then asked if his job matched my 'standards'

I said job and vocation are irrelevant to how interesting I find a person.

Suffice it to say the conversation didn't last long after that."

There's a couple of lawyers that are bus drivers...better pay lol

By *aviniaCDTV/TS
over a year ago

Leeds (close to GAP)

30+ years train driving, but held a PSV/PCV group for many years too. People will always find a reason to want to degrade you but that says so much more about them than you x x

By *linyMan
over a year ago

Manchester/London

His ego is hurt because you’re a better and more advanced driver than he is and secondly he doesn’t deserve your magical mystery tour!!

By *entlemanrogueMan
over a year ago

Motherwell

Sounds like you benefitted from their attitude, now uou dont need to waste jour time on/with them

over a year ago

"considering the amount of people that rely on bus drivers to get to work ,shops ,appointments etc i think bus drivers provide an important service to a lot of people.

On the rare times i need to use a bus i always thank the driver when i am getting off the bus and have seen lot of others do the same.

"

I think it's nice they say driver and I'm glad we don't have to wear name badges...I'd choose something random like enchanted moon fairy

over a year ago

"

Sounds like you benefitted from their attitude, now uou dont need to waste jour time on/with them"

Yep, definitely dodged a bullet

over a year ago

"30+ years train driving, but held a PSV/PCV group for many years too. People will always find a reason to want to degrade you but that says so much more about them than you x x"

Ah...maybe that was his kink...degradation...hope he gets friction burns

over a year ago

"His ego is hurt because you’re a better and more advanced driver than he is and secondly he doesn’t deserve your magical mystery tour!! "

Nice comeback

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Every job is as worthy as another! Would not give anyone that trys putting me down time of day! X

over a year ago

"Every job is as worthy as another! Would not give anyone that trys putting me down time of day! X"

Deservedly so!

over a year ago

No it’s not. Depends how it was said. Personal development is something I’m got at and I like seeing those I care about win.

over a year ago

"No it’s not. Depends how it was said. Personal development is something I’m got at and I like seeing those I care about win. "

It was said with disdain...definitely looked down on the 'likes' of me...

I'm qualified in a lot of different fields and I don't mean agriculture

He's just a twat

over a year ago

Anyone who judges people by their job isn't worth anyone's time - we all have different passions, different circumstances. Stuff 'em.

over a year ago

"

Anyone who judges people by their job isn't worth anyone's time - we all have different passions, different circumstances. Stuff 'em."

No stuffing here anytime soon...

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I've had thousands of journeys on London buses and it's no easy job, in my opinion.

There are some maniac drivers and miserable gits, but I'd be one of them if I drove a bus.

I'd have a breakdown during school hours, with people blocking the aisles.

I could go on about the problems bus drivers have to deal with, but I won't.

I'll finish by telling you a friend of mine was severely beaten and put in hospital when he worked on the buses.

over a year ago

"I've had thousands of journeys on London buses and it's no easy job, in my opinion.

There are some maniac drivers and miserable gits, but I'd be one of them if I drove a bus.

I'd have a breakdown during school hours, with people blocking the aisles.

I could go on about the problems bus drivers have to deal with, but I won't.

I'll finish by telling you a friend of mine was severely beaten and put in hospital when he worked on the buses.

"

Thanks...I think

I hope he's ok now x

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

What a complete Twat! Buses are huge, hand them the keys and see how they get on

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Just wow op

You're not just a bus driver ,you do an important job & it says more about them than you ,when they made you feel it wasn't enough.

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

We all have a role to fill, they all count as ultimately its a jigsaw.

Roadsweeper to brain surgeon it's all worthwhile & we're all making our way in life.

There are a lot more bus drivers than brain surgeon's so fulfilling a more important role maybe?

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Wow

I sometimes admire the hard neck of people, to not give a monkeys about how rude you are.

One guy messaged me last week to tell me that I was quite chubby but he'd still give me a go. Gee, thanks

By *otally BenettonCouple
over a year ago

shropshire

I’d much rather be a bus driver than an idiot who thinks he/she is better than others because of their vocation. Those people aren’t worth your time and energy.

over a year ago

That's just so shitty. Why would anyone say such a thing urghhhhh. Good job you found out hes a cockwomble before you met. Thanks for your driving service x

Mrs C

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Every job is a job and commands equal respect.

over a year ago

"What a complete Twat! Buses are huge, hand them the keys and see how they get on "

Lol, they're huge alright and surprisingly nice to drive when they work

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Anyone who shames anyone because of their job is an utter twat and wouldn’t give what they said a second thought"

This..

Op, energy in thinking what the likes of such pond life think matters is wasted time..

over a year ago

"Just wow op

You're not just a bus driver ,you do an important job & it says more about them than you ,when they made you feel it wasn't enough. "

I was completely taken aback at the amount of arseholery about it

over a year ago

"We all have a role to fill, they all count as ultimately its a jigsaw.

Roadsweeper to brain surgeon it's all worthwhile & we're all making our way in life.

There are a lot more bus drivers than brain surgeon's so fulfilling a more important role maybe?"

Or less people capable of being a brain surgeon...

over a year ago

The guy probably doesn't even have a job.

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

I’m a bus driver and I fucking love it……..

over a year ago

"Anyone who shames anyone because of their job is an utter twat and wouldn’t give what they said a second thought

This..

Op, energy in thinking what the likes of such pond life think matters is wasted time.."

I concur, just glad he showed his true colours

over a year ago

"The guy probably doesn't even have a job.

"

Self employed...a

over a year ago

"I’m a bus driver and I fucking love it…….. "

Me too, especially when they work lol

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

Ain’t that true…..

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, it happens. I'm sorry it happened to you

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I have this problem, I don't work due to ill health. Funny how people's attitude changes!

over a year ago

Peoples perception of jobs often don't reflect the reality of it!

In my current job (which is well paid for our area) I've recommended it to a few ex colleagues and they turned their nose up at it

By *ansexualPandaMan
over a year ago

Near You

I'm only a sales manager, I don't need any qualifications for what I do. It's a shit job that just so happens to pay ok. I have mates who are tradesmen who are way more skilled than me and get paid substantially more too.

We sometimes meet up in a pub straight from work. I'm wearing a suit and they're in scruffy, stained clothes. Automatically, I seem to get more respect than they do. I do find it strange that people make assumptions based on their own snobbish attitudes. I was brought up to never judge a book by its cover...

...or a person by their occupation.

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

A jobs a job in the end.. Depends what you want the money for…… if it makes you happy keep on doing it and if it don’t ….swap it…..remember the rule work to live…

over a year ago

"Ain’t that true….."

Or the list of hoops you have to jump through to get the fuckers started

over a year ago

"Yes, it happens. I'm sorry it happened to you "

Thanks, I'll live, I like my jib and couldn't GAF about his opinion x

By *uckmonkeyMan
over a year ago

devon

You don’t work for sc do ya?

over a year ago

"I have this problem, I don't work due to ill health. Funny how people's attitude changes!

"

Have they ever considered how much you wouldn't choose to not work through ill health? Morons x

And hugs...cos x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Yes, it happens. I'm sorry it happened to you

Thanks, I'll live, I like my jib and couldn't GAF about his opinion x"

Yeah, ditto

over a year ago

"Peoples perception of jobs often don't reflect the reality of it!

In my current job (which is well paid for our area) I've recommended it to a few ex colleagues and they turned their nose up at it "

Mad eh? Their loss

over a year ago

"I'm only a sales manager, I don't need any qualifications for what I do. It's a shit job that just so happens to pay ok. I have mates who are tradesmen who are way more skilled than me and get paid substantially more too.

We sometimes meet up in a pub straight from work. I'm wearing a suit and they're in scruffy, stained clothes. Automatically, I seem to get more respect than they do. I do find it strange that people make assumptions based on their own snobbish attitudes. I was brought up to never judge a book by its cover...

...or a person by their occupation."

And yet people are so derisive of sales people...been that too

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

"We all have a role to fill, they all count as ultimately its a jigsaw.

There are a lot more bus drivers than brain surgeon's so fulfilling a more important role maybe?

Or less people capable of being a brain surgeon..."

Market forces, less brain surgery work than bus driving.

Must be many brain surgeon's doing part time bus driving between busy periods.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

He probably works in Insurance and browses porn all day on his laptop

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I'm only a sales manager, I don't need any qualifications for what I do. It's a shit job that just so happens to pay ok. I have mates who are tradesmen who are way more skilled than me and get paid substantially more too.

...or a person by their occupation.

And yet people are so derisive of sales people...been that too "

I feel for them, and people working in customer services in supermarkets.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

. As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as only a bus driver as not everyone can drive a bus and not everyone has a driver license.No such thing as a failure in the working world as the majority of us are doing our jobs to keep our families , have a home to show at the end of it , pay the bills , pay for little luxuries etc etc etc

By *uckingDelightfulCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

A job doesn’t define you or what kind of person you are!

The trash took its self out, maybe you had a lucky escape.

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

So I'm wondering if only being a bus driver equates to a 'failure' and, if anyone else has been job shamed...

Wow

I sometimes admire the hard neck of people, to not give a monkeys about how rude you are.

One guy messaged me last week to tell me that I was quite chubby but he'd still give me a go. Gee, thanks "

Have you fixed a date yet or still in negotiations

By *adystephanieTV/TS
over a year ago

glos

As long as you don't stop the bus too soon and come on time, I cant see the problem ...

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

Yes frequently... that not-at-all tired adage that "those who can't teach"

By *irBummyFingerMan
over a year ago

Carmarthen

Wow

One guy messaged me last week to tell me that I was quite chubby but he'd still give me a go. Gee, thanks "

That’s disgraceful and needs a nob amputation

over a year ago

"He probably works in Insurance and browses porn all day on his laptop "

You do him a favour by making him sound interesting...

over a year ago

Disgusting behaviour .

Sorry hear that OP .

Some people just have massive need to humiliate others

They must be feeling very superior

Is disgusting . Simply disgusting

* humiliation kink Dom/ sub etc does NOT count in this comment .

over a year ago

" As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as only a bus driver as not everyone can drive a bus and not everyone has a driver license.No such thing as a failure in the working world as the majority of us are doing our jobs to keep our families , have a home to show at the end of it , pay the bills , pay for little luxuries etc etc etc "

My wage takes a lot of stress off, I'm happy to help out where I can and I love my job...the guy is an arse

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

Why are you wondering? If you're happy what's the problem?

over a year ago

Have had this same treatment. I worked for short time between jobs in local small supermarket on the tills. Fair few people talk down to you and treat you like dirt. They don’t know anything about me I am fully qualified cabinet maker and Furniture restorer but all they see is someone on a till and think your beneath them.

By *imetomingleMan
over a year ago

Chester

Some people feel that to climb the ladder of life they need to use others as a rung!

These are the people I would keep away from, surround yourself with people who encourage and help you. I'd rather have any job then no job! Driving a bus is a good job and one which a hell of a lot of people are grateful for xx

By *hogun300Man
over a year ago

Dundee

There are unfortunately a lot of dick heads around. You wonder what goes through people's heads.

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Wow

One guy messaged me last week to tell me that I was quite chubby but he'd still give me a go. Gee, thanks

Have you fixed a date yet or still in negotiations "

He's still waiting

over a year ago

"A job doesn’t define you or what kind of person you are!

The trash took its self out, maybe you had a lucky escape. "

All good points that I agree with

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Wow. Nothing wrong with being a bus driver. I rarely ask anyone what they do for a living. So many people would be happy to do any job

over a year ago

"As long as you don't stop the bus too soon and come on time, I cant see the problem ... "

Snigger

over a year ago

"Have had this same treatment. I worked for short time between jobs in local small supermarket on the tills. Fair few people talk down to you and treat you like dirt. They don’t know anything about me I am fully qualified cabinet maker and Furniture restorer but all they see is someone on a till and think your beneath them. "

Never judge a book by it's cover...the world is full of people who do

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

No shame in getting your arse out of bed in the morning and earning your own money.

I have no clue what half the people I know do for work.

The mr

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman
over a year ago

In the clouds

Having a job is a win in my opinion. I'm JUST a TA, but I was a full time carer/parent of my 2 disabled sons for 13 years, so had to start back at the bottom. But I provide, and work hard at home and work. If anyone is shallow enough to judge me on that, then they're not my kinda person anyway!

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

Op, worry not what others think.. Its your life, your choices, your happiness that counts, not what ANYONE else thinks

over a year ago

"No shame in getting your arse out of bed in the morning and earning your own money.

I have no clue what half the people I know do for work.

The mr "

Yeah, I'm not sure why it was so important but I don't care either

over a year ago

Na, only “tiny dick” shamed, “crap sex” and “ugly face” shamed here.

over a year ago

"Having a job is a win in my opinion. I'm JUST a TA, but I was a full time carer/parent of my 2 disabled sons for 13 years, so had to start back at the bottom. But I provide, and work hard at home and work. If anyone is shallow enough to judge me on that, then they're not my kinda person anyway!"

You're never JUST a TA, you pick up all sorts of other stuff no one else even notices.

Yeah I'm not gonna be associated with someone who thinks like that...

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Having a job is a win in my opinion. I'm JUST a TA, but I was a full time carer/parent of my 2 disabled sons for 13 years, so had to start back at the bottom. But I provide, and work hard at home and work. If anyone is shallow enough to judge me on that, then they're not my kinda person anyway!

You're never JUST a TA, you pick up all sorts of other stuff no one else even notices.

Yeah I'm not gonna be associated with someone who thinks like that..."

do you drive past the caird hall and sinatras?

over a year ago

"Op, worry not what others think.. Its your life, your choices, your happiness that counts, not what ANYONE else thinks "

I know I'm happy doing what I'm doing, I'm not changing it for anyone

over a year ago

"

Na, only “tiny dick” shamed, “crap sex” and “ugly face” shamed here. "

For real?

over a year ago

"do you drive past the caird hall and sinatras? "

Caird Hall area is all pedestrianised now and I don't think sinatras is open anymore...but aye, into the town centre etc

over a year ago

"

For real?"

No lolololol, my cock is massive and I’ve really handsome. I might be crap in bed though, never shagged myself to find out

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple
over a year ago

here & there

Job snobbery is rife - it’s baffling.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well not sure if this has been said yet?

No offence OP it just an Inbetweeners reference and I really couldn't resist.

Bus Wanker!

I'll go stand in the corner and think about what I've done

over a year ago

I get this often when people ask me what I do for work and I say I work in a call centre, people say aww they are shit, they are depressing and what not.

But then change there mind when I tell them it’s a 999 call center annoys me so much

over a year ago

"

For real?

No lolololol, my cock is massive and I’ve really handsome. I might be crap in bed though, never shagged myself to find out "

For real....?

over a year ago

"Job snobbery is rife - it’s baffling. "

I know! Bet he's just jealous cos my 'car' is bigger than his lol

over a year ago

"Well not sure if this has been said yet?

No offence OP it just an Inbetweeners reference and I really couldn't resist.

Bus Wanker!

I'll go stand in the corner and think about what I've done "

I've managed to avoid inbetweeners...so just as well yiu said...although, I am, indeed, a bus walker...daily

over a year ago

"I get this often when people ask me what I do for work and I say I work in a call centre, people say aww they are shit, they are depressing and what not.

But then change there mind when I tell them it’s a 999 call center annoys me so much "

Call centre snobbery...wtf lol

over a year ago

Tell them you don't work, modern problems require modern solutions.

By *onnyJohnMan
over a year ago

Doncaster

No job is a failure, at least not in my book, i couldn't give a toss if someone is a brain surgeon or a street cleaner...

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I get this often when people ask me what I do for work and I say I work in a call centre, people say aww they are shit, they are depressing and what not.

But then change there mind when I tell them it’s a 999 call center annoys me so much "

That must be one of the most stressful jobs ever! Good on you for doing it. I bet you have some stories about terrible things you’ve heard. Or dickheads calling in.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I haven’t been directly job shamed, but I have had people change their mind about meeting me and I believe it was because of what I do. What I mean is, they haven’t openly stated it but, as soon as the subject comes up, the chat fizzles.

It’s not helped by the industry in which I work. It is widely panned by many and I even find myself apologising for it, or prefacing what I do with a “but I’m one of the good ones!”

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I haven’t been directly job shamed, but I have had people change their mind about meeting me and I believe it was because of what I do. What I mean is, they haven’t openly stated it but, as soon as the subject comes up, the chat fizzles.

It’s not helped by the industry in which I work. It is widely panned by many and I even find myself apologising for it, or prefacing what I do with a “but I’m one of the good ones!”"

Are you a traffic warden?!

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I haven’t been directly job shamed, but I have had people change their mind about meeting me and I believe it was because of what I do. What I mean is, they haven’t openly stated it but, as soon as the subject comes up, the chat fizzles.

It’s not helped by the industry in which I work. It is widely panned by many and I even find myself apologising for it, or prefacing what I do with a “but I’m one of the good ones!”

Are you a traffic warden?! "

How dare you!!!! Haha only joking for the TWs among us. No, I’m not Nor am I a taxman or estate agent

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

How dare you!!!! Haha only joking for the TWs among us. No, I’m not Nor am I a taxman or estate agent "

I knew it! You're a doctor's receptionist

over a year ago

My 2 pence

Life is for living, enjoying what your body, brain and it's sensors have too offer.

You do whatever makes YOU happy, it's not a competition, trust me the finish line is the end game anyway. Enjoy your time here, regardless.

As long as you are living a life YOU are happy with then who gives a two hoots what job that entails.

Those who judge are often just vocalising some self-reflection. I hope they find piece, in themselves and make the most of this one pass.

Mr H

over a year ago

I've done groundwork, landscaping, I've cleaned a pub at the weekends, cleaned communal areas in apartment blocks, I've done security, been a chef, I've had supervisor roles and management.

I've been the same person, throughout, other than growing with age.

If anyone judges others by their job, it's likely we aren't compatible.

I'll leave them be, allow them to feel better, if that's what it takes. (Shrugs)

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

How dare you!!!! Haha only joking for the TWs among us. No, I’m not Nor am I a taxman or estate agent

I knew it! You're a doctor's receptionist "

Crikey, I definitely haven’t got the patience to do that job!!! I know they can be difficult sometimes, but then you hear the shit they have to put up with.

And, of course, they don’t decide the surgery practices.

Post new Message to Thread