Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vaping

Jump to newest

By *rmrshorny2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Seaside

Would you class vaping as being a smoker.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Yes.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No, but I don't want to meet vapers either

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

No as it's vape and not smoke, I class it as vaping as nothing is burning

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No

over a year ago

No, but I'm a vaper so my vote probably doesn't count

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"No, but I'm a vaper so my vote probably doesn't count "

It does count because you know the difference

over a year ago

No. The harmful part of smoking is the tobacco itself, producing toxic particulates and tar. The addictive element is the nicotine, which is comparatively harmless in small doses. You will get similar levels of nicotine in the gum and lozenges. There is nicotine in tomatoes, aubergines and a few other foodstuffs.

Bess x

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Would you class vaping as being a smoker."

No Smokeing is the burning of Tobacco.

But where people aware of the health risk when it was first introduced? In time will we find out vaping caries a risk?

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Same habit, different medium.

over a year ago

I vape and have “non smoker” down on our profile but if I was going to meet someone that didn’t want to meet a smoker I’d let them know so they could decide if they were ok with it or not. I know some people still count it as smoking and they don’t like being around it.

By *lcoupleneCouple
over a year ago

morpeth

No but we specify in our profile we vape to be transparent

over a year ago

"Same habit, different medium."

From a health perspective, possibly. But in terms of meeting it's far less intrusive or smelly. I might disapprove of someone having an unhealthy cheese obsession, but it's not gonna have an influence on me meeting them as it really doesn't affect me. Whereas I'm not sure I'd be up for meeting a smoker

By *un-n-frolicsMan
over a year ago

London

"No. The harmful part of smoking is the tobacco itself, producing toxic particulates and tar. The addictive element is the nicotine, which is comparatively harmless in small doses. You will get similar levels of nicotine in the gum and lozenges. There is nicotine in tomatoes, aubergines and a few other foodstuffs.

Bess x"

Tomatoes and aubergines? Interesting.

It's clearly not smoking. But the more useful question would be, if one doesn't meet smokers does it make sense to meet vapers? And I don't see why not. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't smell or affect one's breath.

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Same habit, different medium.

From a health perspective, possibly. But in terms of meeting it's far less intrusive or smelly. I might disapprove of someone having an unhealthy cheese obsession, but it's not gonna have an influence on me meeting them as it really doesn't affect me. Whereas I'm not sure I'd be up for meeting a smoker "

I don’t agree it is less smelly - I personally don’t like the “flavours” or whatever they are called and find it off putting as a non smoker.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

I personally wouldn't meet either due to the fact you can still taste whatever type of vape the person was using if you kiss them and can still smell it on them.

It may not be as bad as cigarette smoke is, but the smell and taste is still there for non smokers.

over a year ago

From a health perspective, possibly. But in terms of meeting it's far less intrusive or smelly. I might disapprove of someone having an unhealthy cheese obsession, but it's not gonna have an influence on me meeting them as it really doesn't affect me. Whereas I'm not sure I'd be up for meeting a smoker

I don’t agree it is less smelly - I personally don’t like the “flavours” or whatever they are called and find it off putting as a non smoker.

"

That's it affecting you then, as you don't like it. Which is totally fair enough. Doesn't mean it's the same as smoking though.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Not in the slightest. There's no combustion and burning is the core aspect of smoking.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Yes.

And I don't tolerate either. X

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I personally wouldn't meet either due to the fact you can still taste whatever type of vape the person was using if you kiss them and can still smell it on them.

It may not be as bad as cigarette smoke is, but the smell and taste is still there for non smokers. "

So you wouldn't kiss someone after drinking juice then? Most flavours are fruit and you can definitely taste what someone has had to drink when you kiss them.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"I personally wouldn't meet either due to the fact you can still taste whatever type of vape the person was using if you kiss them and can still smell it on them.

It may not be as bad as cigarette smoke is, but the smell and taste is still there for non smokers.

So you wouldn't kiss someone after drinking juice then? Most flavours are fruit and you can definitely taste what someone has had to drink when you kiss them. "

That's not the same thing....

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

That's it affecting you then, as you don't like it. Which is totally fair enough. Doesn't mean it's the same as smoking though."

It's worlds apart from smoking in terms of smell.

Vapour doesn't linger know clothes, skin and hair. It doesn't make you're bedding, furniture and carpets smell. It doesn't stain your fingers and teeth yellow. It doesn't change the colour and smell of your walls and ceiling. It won't reduce the value of your car when you try to sell it as it smells like an ashtray.

Just a few reasons it's massive different.

One more is that not everyone vapes fruity, pungent smelling liquids.

A

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

So you wouldn't kiss someone after drinking juice then? Most flavours are fruit and you can definitely taste what someone has had to drink when you kiss them.

That's not the same thing...."

So if I vape apple and drink apple juice you think the taste would be different? If anything the juice would have a stronger after taste because there's more flavour

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

So you wouldn't kiss someone after drinking juice then? Most flavours are fruit and you can definitely taste what someone has had to drink when you kiss them. "

It's a totally different taste afterwards to someone else.

Juice is a real taste.

Vape liquids are chemicals usually made to taste like something else.

Same as coffee,beer,wine (as examples) I can't stand the stuff so wouldn't delve straight in to kiss someone the minute they finished drinking it, I'd have to leave it a while before I could or I would literally gag and I'm sure that wouldn't go down well with the other person. The taste would need to dissolve a bit first.

Call me weird if you like but vape liquids still don't taste the same to someone else.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

So if I vape apple and drink apple juice you think the taste would be different? If anything the juice would have a stronger after taste because there's more flavour "

Real juice - more pleasant after taste.

Vape apple - chemically after taste

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"

It’s just as smelly, just a different smell. Those strawberry puke flavour type vapes absolutely do linger.

Some are pretty neutral and don’t really smell at all.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

It's a totally different taste afterwards to someone else.

Juice is a real taste.

Vape liquids are chemicals usually made to taste like something else.

Same as coffee,beer,wine (as examples) I can't stand the stuff so wouldn't delve straight in to kiss someone the minute they finished drinking it, I'd have to leave it a while before I could or I would literally gag and I'm sure that wouldn't go down well with the other person. The taste would need to dissolve a bit first.

Call me weird if you like but vape liquids still don't taste the same to someone else. "

Depends on the vape liquid, some taste exactly like what the fruit etc is meant to taste like and I've kissed people after they have vaped and it's never tasted bad but I like fruit etc

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

That's it affecting you then, as you don't like it. Which is totally fair enough. Doesn't mean it's the same as smoking though.

Vapour doesn't linger know clothes, skin and hair. It doesn't make you're bedding, furniture and carpets smell. It doesn't stain your fingers and teeth yellow. It doesn't change the colour and smell of your walls and ceiling. It won't reduce the value of your car when you try to sell it as it smells like an ashtray.

A"

I don’t disagree it is miles away from the smell of cigarettes but that doesn’t change the fact I still don’t like having fumes blown on me and I find the smell often sickly.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

So if I vape apple and drink apple juice you think the taste would be different? If anything the juice would have a stronger after taste because there's more flavour

Vape apple - chemically after taste "

There's nothing chemical tasting about bar liquid juice and I should know because I'm vaping apple and pear and it tastes like I'm vaping a glass of juice

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Vape apple - chemically after taste "

Couldn't have put it better myself!

I think people may be getting a little touchy about it.They need to understand that to a non smoker, vaping is no different to smoking. The smell & billowing smoke/vapour is rank.

I've never kissed a vaper, so not sure about the taste, but I have kissed a couple of smokers who denied being smokers. But you can always tell.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

There's nothing chemical tasting about bar liquid juice and I should know because I'm vaping apple and pear and it tastes like I'm vaping a glass of juice "

Thats to you though, you can't taste yourself!

Only one way to settle it......

Let's kiss and I'll tell you if you taste funny ha ha ha

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

I don’t disagree it is miles away from the smell of cigarettes but that doesn’t change the fact I still don’t like having fumes blown on me and I find the smell often sickly."

Anyone that vapes in someone's face is a dick.

It's easy not to.

And yes, some flavours are sickly sweet and smell awful. But the smell rarely lingers even indoors.

Having smoked for over 25 years when I quit and switched to baping I noticed the difference almost immediately. I can tell a smoker as soon as I meet one even if they haven't had a cigarette in 24 hours. A vaper? Nope.

A

over a year ago

No it's not the same at all.

If you vape with a disposable, there is hardly any vapour and the smell/taste doesn't linger.

Dont think it's any worse than someone who douses themselves with a gallon of cheap perfume, they stink and you can taste it

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

There's nothing chemical tasting about bar liquid juice and I should know because I'm vaping apple and pear and it tastes like I'm vaping a glass of juice

Thats to you though, you can't taste yourself!

Only one way to settle it......

Let's kiss and I'll tell you if you taste funny ha ha ha "

But it's not like cigs where the taste is different after but yes you should kiss me and see for yourself

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

A

I don’t disagree it is miles away from the smell of cigarettes but that doesn’t change the fact I still don’t like having fumes blown on me and I find the smell often sickly.

Anyone that vapes in someone's face is a dick.

It's easy not to.

And yes, some flavours are sickly sweet and smell awful. But the smell rarely lingers even indoors.

Having smoked for over 25 years when I quit and switched to baping I noticed the difference almost immediately. I can tell a smoker as soon as I meet one even if they haven't had a cigarette in 24 hours. A vaper? Nope.

A"

Baping is something different all together

over a year ago

I guess they’re not the same by definition but very similar and I’m not a fan of either but I do meet smokers and vapers. As long as they don’t smoke/vape around me, it’s fine

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes because you still have the urge to smoke

By *ister CMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Would you class vaping as being a smoker."

Smoking for shitbags.

Much in the guise of freeman's catalogues (ladies underware section - when you could still allow a camel toe) of the 80s and 90s were essentially porn for shit bags.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"Yes because you still have the urge to smoke "

Some people might but not everyone

By *ark_KnightsMan
over a year ago

london

Depends what’s in the vape

It’s a no from me

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

It’s just as disgusting and we have to put up with the clouds of’ smoke’ and awful smells.

Despicable, disgraceful !!

By *hinyRavensWingMan
over a year ago

Hastings

No. Vaping let me quit smoking. East as. No turning back. Now Ive quit vaping. It’s over. Vaping is a positive withdrawal vehicle.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"It’s just as disgusting and we have to put up with the clouds of’vape’ and awful smells.

Despicable, disgraceful !!"

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

A"

They have been known to give mouth ulcers nothing to say that any of the liquid are safe either that's why it doesn't come with the same warning as cigarettes and rolling tobacco

over a year ago

So if I vape apple and drink apple juice you think the taste would be different? If anything the juice would have a stronger after taste because there's more flavour "

Fancy mixing your apple with my mint and seeing what that's does?

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Fancy mixing your apple with my mint and seeing what that's does? "

Yes, yes I definitely do

over a year ago

Having quit smoking cigarettes in December and using a vape. I'd like to vote that vaping isn't smoking. Otherwise it completely takes away the fact I quit.

It's actually classed as NRT and used to quit smoking so I'd go with that as it makes me feel better!

I totally get where non smokers would be affected by the tate and smell. So I'm not going to argue that one. And agree it's chemically tasting compared to juice.

But there is a noticeable difference between smoking and vaping just like Obi explained.

over a year ago

Yes, yes I definitely do "

We could mix all sorts of flavours. Could take a while.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Yes, yes I definitely do

We could mix all sorts of flavours. Could take a while. "

Oh I do love a bit of chemistry

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Having quit smoking cigarettes in December and using a vape. I'd like to vote that vaping isn't smoking. Otherwise it completely takes away the fact I quit.

It's actually classed as NRT and used to quit smoking so I'd go with that as it makes me feel better!

I totally get where non smokers would be affected by the tate and smell. So I'm not going to argue that one. And agree it's chemically tasting compared to juice.

But there is a noticeable difference between smoking and vaping just like Obi explained.

"

Like comparing diesel cars to electric cars, but it’s still driving.

over a year ago

Yes, yes I definitely do

Oh I do love a bit of chemistry "

I can't top that comment. Very good!

*waves white flag*

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"Having quit smoking cigarettes in December and using a vape. I'd like to vote that vaping isn't smoking. Otherwise it completely takes away the fact I quit.

Like comparing diesel cars to electric cars, but it’s still driving.

"

One emits emissions and one doesn't, good choice of comparison

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Possibly. Not in terms of being on here though as vapers don't stink like smokers.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Yes, yes I definitely do

Oh I do love a bit of chemistry

I can't top that comment. Very good!

*waves white flag*"

It wasn’t bad given the time, we will run some experiments

over a year ago

Yep

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

This topic comes up every few months or so.

Best thing would be for Fab to put a vaping option on profiles. That way, people can decide if they want to meet or not.

over a year ago

No, I vape and I wouldn’t meet a smoker due to not liking the smell as it lingers on them

over a year ago

I vape and used to be a smoker. I class myself as a non smoker because I don’t spend hundreds of pounds a month on fags, I don’t smell like an ashtray and I don’t have to keep popping outside for a fag. I won’t meet smokers either because I can’t stand the smell.

However, I respect that some people will class me as a smoker and won’t want to meet me and that’s fine

over a year ago

Yes. Some vapers think because it smells like pina colada that it’s fine to blow in your face. I don’t want to be breathing that for the same reason I don’t want to breath second hand smoke.

By *obandruthCouple
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Yes.

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

There's some serious misconceptions about vaping on here....

Let me let you into a little secret, the concentrate used in 'fruit juice' is the same concentrate used in eliquid

over a year ago

No vapers don't taste like they have been licking an ashtray

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"There's some serious misconceptions about vaping on here....

Let me let you into a little secret, the concentrate used in 'fruit juice' is the same concentrate used in eliquid "

Shh.....

We're all destined for popcorn lung, it's full of toxic chemicals and we're all going to ruin our lungs like all the cases you read about on Facey and I the Sun.

Forgetting none of that happens in the regulated UK market, the ingredients are found in a wide variety of foods from pre-mixed coffee to ice cream and that vaping has been around for decades with no long term health issues currently identified.

A

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Yes, and I don't think it should be normalised.

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"There's some serious misconceptions about vaping on here....

Let me let you into a little secret, the concentrate used in 'fruit juice' is the same concentrate used in eliquid

Shh.....

We're all destined for popcorn lung, it's full of toxic chemicals and we're all going to ruin our lungs like all the cases you read about on Facey and I the Sun.

Forgetting none of that happens in the regulated UK market, the ingredients are found in a wide variety of foods from pre-mixed coffee to ice cream and that vaping has been around for decades with no long term health issues currently identified.

A"

I know much more than most would even think of

Post new Message to Thread