Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Camera for filming meets

Jump to newest

By *lirtyAndFun OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rushden

What setup do people use when filming a meet.

At the minute I tend to film myself while playing (pretty tricky), I'd like a descent, cheap alternative for filming my meets?

Are camcorders (whooooo) still a thing?

Thanks, mwah

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irty-pairCouple
over a year ago

South Essex

Try an action cam (GoPro is the most well known, but there are cheaper ones on Amazon) with a GorillaPod tripod which wraps around pretty much anything to hold it in place

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Gopro cock ring......there's a dragon den idea

over a year ago

Rushden

"Gopro cock ring......there's a dragon den idea "

Amazing action shots though. Also maybe sea sickness.

over a year ago

Rushden

"Try an action cam (GoPro is the most well known, but there are cheaper ones on Amazon) with a GorillaPod tripod which wraps around pretty much anything to hold it in place "

Oh yeah, I can check that out, thank you

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

Big Subject lol

When I was married Video was an important part of the meet with other men. I had a normal Vid Cam that I put on a Tripod but also used a Go-Pro. Every meet I spent hours afterwards using Software to hide faces etc. This was important as all parties wanted to make sure they couldn't be identified before I put it on the net. So Camera positions and movement was important.

If you do intend hiding faces etc I found it by far the easier when the camera is not moving as doing the pixelating and or blurring is hard enough with a person moving but with the camera moving it makes it doubly hard. So for full shots make sure you use a Tripod and only move it when wanting different positions. But with the Go-Pro I only used it where I could take the video where faces were hidden i.e. from behind etc.

But one thing is for certain lol it takes practice and a lot of patience if you are intending to keep it safe from identifying people.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Phone on a tripod

Mrs

Post new Message to Thread