Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Exs

Jump to newest

By *iscean_dream OP   Man
over a year ago

Llanelli

Why do some keep trying to get back in your life?

It's been a couple of years but yesterday I got a message a friend request on Book of face from one.

I have no idea what it said as I don't really want to read it after the hurt and trouble she caused me.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Maybe she's won the lottery and wants to share it with you.

By *issEmmWoman
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Maybe they’ve suddenly realised how awesome you are and they feel like they are missing out. Enjoy the power and ignore them. Makes me feel better

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Perhaps you were more significant to them than you thought?

Or possibly they can't find a sock and are really clutching at straws as to whom may have seen it last

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Maybe she's won the lottery and wants to share it with you."

She still owes me money actually

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Maybe they’ve suddenly realised how awesome you are and they feel like they are missing out. Enjoy the power and ignore them. Makes me feel better "

That happened before after a long period of not seeing her and I gave her a second chance and moved all the way from Wales to Eastbourne for her to decide she'd changed her mind because she got scared and panicked

After that she still had the nerve to ask me to move a second time

I broke the spell she had on me luckily or I probably would have done it.

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Perhaps you were more significant to them than you thought?

Or possibly they can't find a sock and are really clutching at straws as to whom may have seen it last "

She's probably just horny

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Or possibly they can't find a sock and are really clutching at straws as to whom may have seen it last "

I definitely think it's the sock.

A

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

If only we knew, my abusive ex keeps trying to get back into my life and it’s honestly, I’m struggling.

over a year ago

Llanelli

Or possibly they can't find a sock and are really clutching at straws as to whom may have seen it last

I definitely think it's the sock.

A"

That does seem like a valid reason to contact someone, maybe I should just say it's probably in the washing machine filter and nothing else

over a year ago

Llanelli

"If only we knew, my abusive ex keeps trying to get back into my life and it’s honestly, I’m struggling. "

Sorry to hear that buddy, block her on everything

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Regret, guilt, to play more games?

I'm cynical because I had this happen recently. As soon as I said I didn't want him to contact me again, his true colours shone through

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

I had a ex who was amazing at first then life got the better of her. We had split before and I said the next time will be the last time. She called me all the names under the sun, I didn't respond to any of it. 3 mths later msg saying she doesn't even want to remember me, then nearly year later at Easter random " how was your Easter msg". Must admit it threw me as this was someone I was willing to marry. I left it a week and just replied with thumbs up emoji. I'm sure she cursed me again but not heard from her since

over a year ago

Unfortunately my ex (Mr) has a habit of cropping up to try and split me and my lady. she's created false profiles on this site trying to get between me and my lady (didn't work!), Had to get the police involved a couple of times.

We split in 2018!!

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Regret, guilt, to play more games?

I'm cynical because I had this happen recently. As soon as I said I didn't want him to contact me again, his true colours shone through "

I made my feelings clear before, she completely turned my life upside down after I moved hundreds of miles and changed my job to be with her.

I can't ever let her back in again because I know she will just end up upsetting me again in some way.

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I had a ex who was amazing at first then life got the better of her. We had split before and I said the next time will be the last time. She called me all the names under the sun, I didn't respond to any of it. 3 mths later msg saying she doesn't even want to remember me, then nearly year later at Easter random " how was your Easter msg". Must admit it threw me as this was someone I was willing to marry. I left it a week and just replied with thumbs up emoji. I'm sure she cursed me again but not heard from her since "

I don't understand how some people think at all

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Unfortunately my ex (Mr) has a habit of cropping up to try and split me and my lady. she's created false profiles on this site trying to get between me and my lady (didn't work!), Had to get the police involved a couple of times.

We split in 2018!!"

Wow she's really putting some effort in I guess

By *olf and RedCouple
over a year ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

Not sure why ex’s get back in touch. Mine had a habit of sending a nice message, and if I replied, he would then start sending quite vile messages. I ended up blocking him on every communication channel, as it was totally unnecessary.

Red

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Not sure why ex’s get back in touch. Mine had a habit of sending a nice message, and if I replied, he would then start sending quite vile messages. I ended up blocking him on every communication channel, as it was totally unnecessary.

Red "

Well that's bizzare, you'd think you replying would be a good thing and not a reason to send vile messages

over a year ago

I think it is possible to maintain a friendship with an ex.

Granted not all but sometimes it is OK.

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

"Not sure why ex’s get back in touch. Mine had a habit of sending a nice message, and if I replied, he would then start sending quite vile messages. I ended up blocking him on every communication channel, as it was totally unnecessary.

Red

Well that's bizzare, you'd think you replying would be a good thing and not a reason to send vile messages "

This is what made me cautious about my Easter msg I get the feeling it was a way in the then vent bitterness at me.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Block her.

I've had this so many times, they didn't want me then so not sure why they need to reach out I think I've pretty much blocked or given marching orders to most of the repeat offenders, I used to think it was cute, but it's really quite toxic.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Maybe they’ve suddenly realised how awesome you are and they feel like they are missing out. Enjoy the power and ignore them. Makes me feel better

That happened before after a long period of not seeing her and I gave her a second chance and moved all the way from Wales to Eastbourne for her to decide she'd changed her mind because she got scared and panicked

I broke the spell she had on me luckily or I probably would have done it. "

Eastbourne! Blimey you poor thing.

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I think it is possible to maintain a friendship with an ex.

"

We had a fwb thing going for a couple of years after breaking up and then I moved to Wales and a few years later I got back with her stupidly

over a year ago

Llanelli

Red

Well that's bizzare, you'd think you replying would be a good thing and not a reason to send vile messages

This is what made me cautious about my Easter msg I get the feeling it was a way in the then vent bitterness at me."

Yeah just ignore buddy

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Block her.

I've had this so many times, they didn't want me then so not sure why they need to reach out I think I've pretty much blocked or given marching orders to most of the repeat offenders, I used to think it was cute, but it's really quite toxic."

I'll just ignore her, I'm not even going to make it known I've seen she messaged me

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Maybe they’ve suddenly realised how awesome you are and they feel like they are missing out. Enjoy the power and ignore them. Makes me feel better

Eastbourne! Blimey you poor thing. "

It gets worse, was born in Bognor Regis

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It gets worse, was born in Bognor Regis "

I think I'd choose Bognor Regis over God's waiting room any day

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Block her.

I've had this so many times, they didn't want me then so not sure why they need to reach out I think I've pretty much blocked or given marching orders to most of the repeat offenders, I used to think it was cute, but it's really quite toxic.

I'll just ignore her, I'm not even going to make it known I've seen she messaged me"

Good idea! Don't let her take up space in your head x

over a year ago

Llanelli

It gets worse, was born in Bognor Regis

I think I'd choose Bognor Regis over God's waiting room any day "

I think Bognor is the overflow

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Block her.

I'll just ignore her, I'm not even going to make it known I've seen she messaged me

Good idea! Don't let her take up space in your head x"

She's already had plenty of that unfortunately

over a year ago

"If only we knew, my abusive ex keeps trying to get back into my life and it’s honestly, I’m struggling. "

U can’t live under pressure . Any harrassment or emotional violence u have rights to protect yourself .

If the person doesn’t respect your space don’t feel shy to ask for help .

Social authorities will help u keep her away from you

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

It always bugs me the amount of ex's who pop up when you become single, there ex's for a reason they stay in the past.

Mrs

over a year ago

Llanelli

"It always bugs me the amount of ex's who pop up when you become single, there ex's for a reason they stay in the past.

Mrs "

Maybe they just want to offer a shoulder

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

"It always bugs me the amount of ex's who pop up when you become single, there ex's for a reason they stay in the past.

Mrs

Maybe they just want to offer a shoulder "

Yeah shoulder with a side of cock, no thanks

Mrs

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Our exes are so far in the past that I'm not sure we'd recognise any of them if they did surface.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/05/23 10:06:44]

over a year ago

"I think it is possible to maintain a friendship with an ex.

"

Mom really good friends with my ex, we split in good terms too… we still have feelings but it’s more like family love I guess.

And always good to know we have each others backs, as well as both setting a good example to our little girl.

over a year ago

Obsession. My ex used to stalk me. He’d sit outside my bedroom window all night and I mean ALL night, to make sure I didn’t leave the house. He used to post letters through my door. He even climbed in my hall window once because I wouldn’t answer him. I moved away and eventually he found someone else and moved on thankfully.

I wouldn’t even open the message and just block her.

over a year ago

Llanelli

Mrs

Maybe they just want to offer a shoulder

Yeah shoulder with a side of cock, no thanks

Mrs "

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Our exes are so far in the past that I'm not sure we'd recognise any of them if they did surface.

"

That could be a good thing or a bad thing

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Obsession. My ex used to stalk me. He’d sit outside my bedroom window all night and I mean ALL night, to make sure I didn’t leave the house. He used to post letters through my door. He even climbed in my hall window once because I wouldn’t answer him. I moved away and eventually he found someone else and moved on thankfully.

I wouldn’t even open the message and just block her. "

WTF!! I hope you reported him because that's extremely unnerving

I'm just ignoring her messages

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I'd say it's the guilt and maybe realised their wrong doings

My ex done this over the years unexpectedly and wanted to be friends I'd guess in the hope that things could possibly get back to more but it's Risk and sometimes not as easy to forget all the damage done

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I'd say it's the guilt and maybe realised their wrong doings

My ex done this over the years unexpectedly and wanted to be friends I'd guess in the hope that things could possibly get back to more but it's Risk and sometimes not as easy to forget all the damage done "

The bridge has been well and truly burnt

over a year ago

I am really good friends with one of my exes - he looks after my dog when I go on holiday too

I am in regular touch with another

I get birthday / chistmas messages from another

The other one follows me on FB as do her Mum and her brother. I go for coffees with her brother too every couple of weeks

That might sound like a lot of exes, but that is all of them

I think it says a lot about our relationships and us, that we do keep in touch

Despite the hurt and the upset at the time, we have all moved on and built our own versions of happiness

I hold no grudges or have any issues with any of them (two guys, two women)

That said, other than one, I don't want them in my daily life either

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

My ex done this over the years unexpectedly and wanted to be friends I'd guess in the hope that things could possibly get back to more but it's Risk and sometimes not as easy to forget all the damage done

The bridge has been well and truly burnt"

Exactly.... But do people deserve another chance if they admit and take actions for their conduct.... How many chances do they deserve

over a year ago

Never go back

The only way is forward

over a year ago

There’s always one or two trying to get back in there when they’re lonely

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I am really good friends with one of my exes - he looks after my dog when I go on holiday too

I am in regular touch with another

I get birthday / chistmas messages from another

The other one follows me on FB as do her Mum and her brother. I go for coffees with her brother too every couple of weeks

That might sound like a lot of exes, but that is all of them

I think it says a lot about our relationships and us, that we do keep in touch

Despite the hurt and the upset at the time, we have all moved on and built our own versions of happiness

I hold no grudges or have any issues with any of them (two guys, two women)

That said, other than one, I don't want them in my daily life either"

It's good if can keep in touch without any issues

over a year ago

Llanelli

Exactly.... But do people deserve another chance if they admit and take actions for their conduct.... How many chances do they deserve "

Well I gave her 2 and I think that was enough

over a year ago

"Why do some keep trying to get back in your life?

It's been a couple of years but yesterday I got a message a friend request on Book of face from one.

I have no idea what it said as I don't really want to read it after the hurt and trouble she caused me. "

Just because they think they can and if you respond in any way or out of politeness, then you've opened the gates to them. I always block the exes on every media platform they were connected to me on.

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Never go back

The only way is forward

"

Unless you're parked facing a wall

over a year ago

Llanelli

"There’s always one or two trying to get back in there when they’re lonely "

It's the knowing what they give I guess

over a year ago

Llanelli

I have no idea what it said as I don't really want to read it after the hurt and trouble she caused me.

Just because they think they can and if you respond in any way or out of politeness, then you've opened the gates to them. I always block the exes on every media platform they were connected to me on. "

Exactly, I don't really want to open any doors

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I had an ex try to get back in contact with me fifteen years after the fucking fact. Block!

over a year ago

I had one who always tried it when his relationships ended. I haven’t made any contact with him at all since 2018, blocked on everything, but he was still regularly contacting me until last year.

By *spookie666Man
over a year ago

newmarket

Met an ex after 17 yrsq, I actually got dumped ??. I have actually done well in life and I could see in her eyes the missed opportunity in life.

But boy, she was trying to flirt! I have a wide birth

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Exactly.... But do people deserve another chance if they admit and take actions for their conduct.... How many chances do they deserve

Well I gave her 2 and I think that was enough "

Mine had plenty, more than many would have even the opportunity to continue chatting with me. Unexpectedly

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I had an ex try to get back in contact with me fifteen years after the fucking fact. Block!"

Wow

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I had one who always tried it when his relationships ended. I haven’t made any contact with him at all since 2018, blocked on everything, but he was still regularly contacting me until last year."

I promise to always keep annoying you now and then

over a year ago

Llanelli

"Met an ex after 17 yrsq, I actually got dumped ??. I have actually done well in life and I could see in her eyes the missed opportunity in life.

But boy, she was trying to flirt! I have a wide birth "

Good on you buddy

over a year ago

Llanelli

Well I gave her 2 and I think that was enough

Mine had plenty, more than many would have even the opportunity to continue chatting with me. Unexpectedly "

You've learnt though now?

over a year ago

"Obsession. My ex used to stalk me. He’d sit outside my bedroom window all night and I mean ALL night, to make sure I didn’t leave the house. He used to post letters through my door. He even climbed in my hall window once because I wouldn’t answer him. I moved away and eventually he found someone else and moved on thankfully.

I'm just ignoring her messages"

Oh I did, sadly it done nothing to deter him. I still have to see him quite often as he lives around the corner from my dad but he doesn’t seem as scary now that I’m not young and vulnerable anymore. I’d happily kick him in the balls now if he even tried to scare me

over a year ago

Llanelli

I'm just ignoring her messages

Oh I did, sadly it done nothing to deter him. I still have to see him quite often as he lives around the corner from my dad but he doesn’t seem as scary now that I’m not young and vulnerable anymore. I’d happily kick him in the balls now if he even tried to scare me "

I'd happily kick him in the balls for you as well

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I have no idea what it said as I don't really want to read it after the hurt and trouble she caused me. "

How annoying! Another good reason for coming off Facebook.

Are you able to delete all trace of her messages without reading them? I know what I’m like, if I had a way to I’d eventually read them out of crazy curiosity.

Can you block people on FB?

over a year ago

Llanelli

Are you able to delete all trace of her messages without reading them? I know what I’m like, if I had a way to I’d eventually read them out of crazy curiosity.

Can you block people on FB?"

I don't even use it anymore and haven't for over a year, I just use insta for my photography.

Yes you can delete without reading them and block people but they only need to start a new profile again to be able to contact you

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I don't even use it anymore and haven't for over a year, I just use insta for my photography.

Yes you can delete without reading them and block people but they only need to start a new profile again to be able to contact you"

A bit like Fab, then!!

I’ve always admired your photography, PD, looks really good.

over a year ago

She's probably just horny "

Or d*unk and bored - that's the usual reason people send rando blast from the past messages

Just an idea - maybe next time read the message rather than ask us to guess why

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

I always feel sorry for anyone going through difficult marriages and divorces.

I think I've been very lucky. My Ex and I dated and got married young and pretty much after 2 years I realised it was all about the sex and swinging that had us together nothing else. We did try splitting up a few times but found the financial burden was great so stayed together for a total of 37 years. Eventually we worked it out that we were just not suited together and divorced. But had always said if we did divorce I would have a completely separate life and not want anything to do with her afterwards. This was again affirmed when we did get divorced and haven't seen or heard of her since. Worked for us so difficult to understand the messy divorces for me.

over a year ago

"I always feel sorry for anyone going through difficult marriages and divorces.

I think I've been very lucky. My Ex and I dated and got married young and pretty much after 2 years I realised it was all about the sex and swinging that had us together nothing else. We did try splitting up a few times but found the financial burden was great so stayed together for a total of 37 years. Eventually we worked it out that we were just not suited together and divorced. But had always said if we did divorce I would have a completely separate life and not want anything to do with her afterwards. This was again affirmed when we did get divorced and haven't seen or heard of her since. Worked for us so difficult to understand the messy divorces for me."

I am guessing that you didn't have kids together then? Utterly impossible to clean break when you've got the constant of offspring dragging you both back to the table

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I always think exs try and connect when they want to keep you as an option .So they can try and hook you in again of they want to.

Hope you're ok and sorry she hurt you x

over a year ago

Llanelli

Yes you can delete without reading them and block people but they only need to start a new profile again to be able to contact you

A bit like Fab, then!!

I’ve always admired your photography, PD, looks really good."

Yes exactly like fab

Cheers buddy, I do love catching a good photo and been catching fluffy butts today in the garden

over a year ago

Llanelli

She's probably just horny

Or d*unk and bored - that's the usual reason people send rando blast from the past messages

Just an idea - maybe next time read the message rather than ask us to guess why "

I'm just trying to give people something to think about instead of it just being me

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I always feel sorry for anyone going through difficult marriages and divorces.

I think I've been very lucky. My Ex and I dated and got married young and pretty much after 2 years I realised it was all about the sex and swinging that had us together nothing else. We did try splitting up a few times but found the financial burden was great so stayed together for a total of 37 years. Eventually we worked it out that we were just not suited together and divorced. But had always said if we did divorce I would have a completely separate life and not want anything to do with her afterwards. This was again affirmed when we did get divorced and haven't seen or heard of her since. Worked for us so difficult to understand the messy divorces for me."

That's a long time to be together and then split, sorry to hear that and it can get very messy depending on the reasons

over a year ago

Llanelli

"I always think exs try and connect when they want to keep you as an option .So they can try and hook you in again of they want to.

Hope you're ok and sorry she hurt you x"

She had me as a option on and off for years, I'm far from a option now even just for sex because of distance and what happened

Post new Message to Thread