Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Thumb sucking during foreplay

Jump to newest

By *ightkitty4u OP   Woman
over a year ago

Epsom

Oks not really sure what’s going on with me, but lately I’ve noticed when I’m enjoying amazing foreplay I’ve started to suck my thumb

It happens subconsciously, there I am being finger fucked etc and my thumb seems to find its way into my mouth…

Is this normal? Why is it happening? It’s never happened before! It’s only the last month or so that it’s become a thing

I don’t understand! Anyone else have this issue?

I’m confused

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Very interesting; Did you used to suck your thumb as a toddler per chance?

Could it be a fondly remembered comfort factor that has resurfaced during moments of pleasure?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Very interesting; Did you used to suck your thumb as a toddler per chance?

Could it be a fondly remembered comfort factor that has resurfaced during moments of pleasure?

"

This is what I was going to ask.

I still suck mine to fall asleep sometimes but don't think I've ever done it during sex, however could definitely see the link

over a year ago

Epsom

Nope was never a thumb sucker

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I still suck mine to fall asleep sometimes but don't think I've ever done it during sex, however could definitely see the link "

It very much reminds me of the phenomenon of when cats ‘peddle’ their paws (and claws!) onto your leg when they are feeling content, which is ostensibly linked to the associated contentment they similarly felt as kittens and would perform the same motion upon their mothers tummy to keep the milk flowing as they weaned

over a year ago

Epsom

I still suck mine to fall asleep sometimes but don't think I've ever done it during sex, however could definitely see the link

It very much reminds me of the phenomenon of when cats ‘peddle’ their paws (and claws!) onto your leg when they are feeling content, which is ostensibly linked to the associated contentment they similarly felt as kittens and would perform the same motion upon their mothers tummy to keep the milk flowing as they weaned "

So I’m content…

Do love it when you see cats/kittens doing that… off to find kitten videos

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"Oks not really sure what’s going on with me, but lately I’ve noticed when I’m enjoying amazing foreplay I’ve started to suck my thumb

It happens subconsciously, there I am being finger fucked etc and my thumb seems to find its way into my mouth…

Is this normal? Why is it happening? It’s never happened before! It’s only the last month or so that it’s become a thing

I’m confused "

Check Freuds psycho-sexual stages out

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Nope was never a thumb sucker

"

Ahhh….my abstruse initial theory has just entered the bin it would seem

Hmmm….maybe the thumb sucking is a form of involuntary, oral, sensual augmentation. In effect your subconscious is instructing you to perform the act so as to overload the senses and in turn, your pleasure even more during the act?

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Could be an oral fixation linked to your psychosexual development in childhood.

I think spooning relates to the foetal position and being cradled too. Childhood memory is nearly all emotional, especially before 2.5 years. And after that there's very little time-stamping. There's little cognitive link. Just experience - emotion.

Do you like it? If so is that not a good enough reason?

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

"Could be an oral fixation linked to your psychosexual development in childhood.

I think spooning relates to the foetal position and being cradled too. Childhood memory is nearly all emotional, especially before 2.5 years. And after that there's very little time-stamping. There's little cognitive link. Just experience - emotion.

Do you like it? If so is that not a good enough reason?"

Experience = meaning, so there is a cognitive link

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I often bite my finger... kinda sideways on, around the knuckle... when in the throes. But I don't suck my thumb.

If it works for you though, OP... you do it!

over a year ago

Epsom

"Could be an oral fixation linked to your psychosexual development in childhood.

Do you like it? If so is that not a good enough reason?"

Do I like it, good question. It feels nice yet I am freaked out by it and realise thumb is In mouth and stop…. Chap it’s happened with isn’t freaked out and barely noticed…

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Experience = meaning, so there is a cognitive link "

Lost me on that one.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

Lost me on that one. "

What I mean is we judge everything through our lifes experiences, so we attach a meaning to it cognitively, this happens from a young age. So take the Op's thumb sucking that will be based in an experience of life. So there is a cognitive process to it happening.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Do I like it, good question. It feels nice yet I am freaked out by it and realise thumb is In mouth and stop…. Chap it’s happened with isn’t freaked out and barely noticed… "

I had a partner who did it, during oral. Maybe just go with it? Might be a regression at some point kids are told to stop sucking their thumb 'that's for babies'. Condition of worth. I am only acceptable to mum if I don't suck my thumb. Kicks in and you stop yourself?

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Lost me on that one.

What I mean is we judge everything through our lifes experiences, so we attach a meaning to it cognitively, this happens from a young age. So take the Op's thumb sucking that will be based in an experience of life. So there is a cognitive process to it happening."

That process develops as the child brain develops. Prior to 2 it's nearly all emotional. That's why there's very few clear memories from early years of any. You aren't wrong it's just a fiction of how the brain develops. Being told not to suck your thumb now that's usually at are higher cognitive stage as the child has to process an instruction.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

Lost me on that one.

What I mean is we judge everything through our lifes experiences, so we attach a meaning to it cognitively, this happens from a young age. So take the Op's thumb sucking that will be based in an experience of life. So there is a cognitive process to it happening.

That process develops as the child brain develops. Prior to 2 it's nearly all emotional. That's why there's very few clear memories from early years of any. You aren't wrong it's just a fiction of how the brain develops. Being told not to suck your thumb now that's usually at are higher cognitive stage as the child has to process an instruction."

I know the process Hans, have a degree in Psychology. So I know you know, about belief systems and conditioning what ever form that takes

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Oks not really sure what’s going on with me, but lately I’ve noticed when I’m enjoying amazing foreplay I’ve started to suck my thumb

I’m confused

Check Freuds psycho-sexual stages out "

Is there much evidence that Freud's work on this (and other things) is anything more than chip paper?

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

I’m confused

Is there much evidence that Freud's work on this (and other things) is anything more than chip paper? "

No its outdated to be fair, just the first thing that sprang to mind if im being honest. Better psychological theories out there that would explain it better.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I’m confused

Is there much evidence that Freud's work on this (and other things) is anything more than chip paper?

No its outdated to be fair, just the first thing that sprang to mind if im being honest. Better psychological theories out there that would explain it better. "

My honest appraisal of Freud (on this especially) is that it's a load of old guff. And that's the polite version

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Lost me on that one.

That process develops as the child brain develops. Prior to 2 it's nearly all emotional. That's why there's very few clear memories from early years of any. You aren't wrong it's just a fiction of how the brain develops. Being told not to suck your thumb now that's usually at are higher cognitive stage as the child has to process an instruction.

I know the process Hans, have a degree in Psychology. So I know you know, about belief systems and conditioning what ever form that takes "

I am not sure what your point is.

By *omtom7Man
over a year ago

Tralee

Love when a woman suckes my thumb while I finger her

Post new Message to Thread