Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Religious

Jump to newest

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

Just wondering if it is possible to be religious and be on this site at the same time. I, for one, am not a bit religious but I am wondering if it would make any sense to be on here if you were religious.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes. I think you can be on here and be religious

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm sure religious people still have sex.

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"Yes. I think you can be on here and be religious "

I guess it is possible depending on the religion. I should have been more specific and said Catholic rather than religious.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"Yes. I think you can be on here and be religious

I guess it is possible depending on the religion. I should have been more specific and said Catholic rather than religious. "

Why specifically Catholic? I know a Catholic women on here

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"I'm sure religious people still have sex.

"

Of course they do, again, I should have been more specific nad said catholic rather than religious. As far as I am aware, you shouldn't be on here of you were catholic.

over a year ago

Of course they do, again, I should have been more specific nad said catholic rather than religious. As far as I am aware, you shouldn't be on here of you were catholic."

Is it in the rules??

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

I guess it is possible depending on the religion. I should have been more specific and said Catholic rather than religious.

Why specifically Catholic? I know a Catholic women on here "

Because it is the religion I am more familiar with and as far as I know, If you are Catholic you are not allowed to have sexual relationship unless it is with your husband.

over a year ago

Because it is the religion I am more familiar with and as far as I know, If you are Catholic you are not allowed to have sexual relationship unless it is with your husband. "

I think this is pretty much the case in most marriages.

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

Of course they do, again, I should have been more specific nad said catholic rather than religious. As far as I am aware, you shouldn't be on here of you were catholic.

Is it in the rules?? "

:D of course it isn't but isn't it in the rules of Catholicism?

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Of course they do, again, I should have been more specific nad said catholic rather than religious. As far as I am aware, you shouldn't be on here of you were catholic."

It's rare religion comes up in conversation. But an Irish woman told me she was Catholic and then wanted sex in the men's toilets in a nightclub. Is that worse than being here? I don't know how the scale of sin works sorry.

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

Right? Therefore you shouldn't be on here looking for something else if you were married and catholic, do I not make sense?

Because it is the religion I am more familiar with and as far as I know, If you are Catholic you are not allowed to have sexual relationship unless it is with your husband.

"

over a year ago

J Dog loved everyone, including Mary Magdalene, right?

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

Because it is the religion I am more familiar with and as far as I know, If you are Catholic you are not allowed to have sexual relationship unless it is with your husband. "

So according to the 10 commandments it's a sin to covert your neighbours wife, would that stop you meeting a couple, a hot, wife?

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

It's rare religion comes up in conversation. But an Irish woman told me she was Catholic and then wanted sex in the men's toilets in a nightclub. Is that worse than being here? I don't know how the scale of sin works sorry."

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being here of course, we all love it and everyone on here should be allowed to enjoy every moment of it. I was just wondering if you could call yourself a Catholic and yet be on here as it would be a contradiction really

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Is it in the rules??

:D of course it isn't but isn't it in the rules of Catholicism?"

I guess it would be frowned upon, in terms of adultery...but sure God will turn a blind eye if your husband/wife is happy with the sharing!

over a year ago

Right? Therefore you shouldn't be on here looking for something else if you were married and catholic, do I not make sense?

"

I don't think I have the heart to break it to him.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I’m Catholic. I only have sex with other people if my husband is present

J x

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"J Dog loved everyone, including Mary Magdalene, right?"

J Dog :D

over a year ago

I think the bible says a lot of things that people don't follow. Does it mean they are not Catholic or cannot be true catholics?.

I think people worship and show their faith in any religion how they see fit.

People shouldn't be unfaithful for example if they're Catholic according to the bible but they're.

over a year ago

It's rare religion comes up in conversation. But an Irish woman told me she was Catholic and then wanted sex in the men's toilets in a nightclub. Is that worse than being here? I don't know how the scale of sin works sorry.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being here of course, we all love it and everyone on here should be allowed to enjoy every moment of it. I was just wondering if you could call yourself a Catholic and yet be on here as it would be a contradiction really "

People call themselves married and are on here.

People call themselves straight and suck dick.

And people obviously call themselves Catholic and like sex.

Such is life.

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

Is it in the rules??

I guess it would be frowned upon, in terms of adultery...but sure God will turn a blind eye if your husband/wife is happy with the sharing! "

All good then

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"I think the bible says a lot of things that people don't follow. Does it mean they are not Catholic or cannot be true catholics?.

I think people worship and show their faith in any religion how they see fit.

People shouldn't be unfaithful for example if they're Catholic according to the bible but they're. "

But they are? But they shouldn't be and that alone should be enough to reconsider your religion as surely being unfaithful will not grant you a golden ticket to heaven.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Is it in the rules??

I guess it would be frowned upon, in terms of adultery...but sure God will turn a blind eye if your husband/wife is happy with the sharing!

All good then "

Yeah, all good. I've not known of anyone to be struck down by lightning yet...

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being here of course, we all love it and everyone on here should be allowed to enjoy every moment of it. I was just wondering if you could call yourself a Catholic and yet be on here as it would be a contradiction really

Such is life.

"

Couldn't agree more, they call themselves catholic but truth is they are not

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Such is life.

Couldn't agree more, they call themselves catholic but truth is they are not"

You can't be Catholic and like sex?

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 30/04/23 20:15:59]

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Just wondering if it is possible to be religious and be on this site at the same time. I, for one, am not a bit religious but I am wondering if it would make any sense to be on here if you were religious."

There is nothing wrong in conducting your life how you'd like, provided it doesn't harm others.

That being said, there are behaviours incompatible with being a devout practitioner of a religion. Especially if among its tenets are concepts such as not engaging in promiscuity.

So in answer to your question, no.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Not understanding why you are singling out Catholics. There's quite a few religions on here

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

None of the major religions would condone this lifestyle. Ask your priest, Imam, vicar, rabbi, minister, pastor, Granthi or swarmi whether their respective God(gods) approves? Whether their religious texts approve? The answer will be a resounding 'no'.

Some will say they interpret teachings to fit in with their lifestyle but they might as well start their own cult as this will not comply with any tenet of the original faith.

Frank

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"Just wondering if it is possible to be religious and be on this site at the same time. I, for one, am not a bit religious but I am wondering if it would make any sense to be on here if you were religious.

There is nothing wrong in conducting your life how you'd like, provided it doesn't harm others.

That being said, there are behaviours incompatible with being a devout practitioner of a religion. Especially if among its tenets are concepts such as not engaging in promiscuity.

So in answer to your question, no."

Actually you CAN say you're religious if you're on here. You'd just be a hypocrite like so many religious types.

Frank

over a year ago

Of course, they both require a level of delusion.

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"Not understanding why you are singling out Catholics. There's quite a few religions on here"

Because it's the one i am more familiar with

over a year ago

Such is life.

Couldn't agree more, they call themselves catholic but truth is they are not"

I mean, I didn't say that.

It's up to them to decide if they are, no one else.

By *he Silver FuxMan
over a year ago

Uttoxeter

Enough people moaning ‘Oh God’ you’d think..

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

"Not understanding why you are singling out Catholics. There's quite a few religions on here

Because it's the one i am more familiar with"

The one your judging the most imho

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being here of course, we all love it and everyone on here should be allowed to enjoy every moment of it. I was just wondering if you could call yourself a Catholic and yet be on here as it would be a contradiction really "

Haven't read the whole thread but the Bible also says shellfish shouldn't be eaten. And I'm pretty sure many catholics do that. Religion is full of contradictions.

over a year ago

I think a person's religious belief and how they practice them is between them and their conscience.

None of my business, none of OPs business, in fact none of anyone's business.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

There's a lot of Muslims on here that celebrate Ramadan they do abstain for the period. I think everyone's religion is personal to themselves

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"Not understanding why you are singling out Catholics. There's quite a few religions on here

The one your judging the most imho"

Judging? I am not god to judge! I am just asking questions.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Catholicism and sex aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously the church frowns upon sex outside of marriage but as for the individual it's down to personal morality and how strictly they choose to adhere to the official line the church takes.

Also of the billion or so Catholics there are a number who aren't strictly "practising" so they may take a more liberal view.

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"I think a person's religious belief and how they practice them is between them and their conscience.

None of my business, none of OPs business, in fact none of anyone's business.

But is it though? I think we are all the same, no matter where you're from or what religion you follow but if religious people were killed by their own for being gay or having sex out of wedlock then I presume you shouldn't follow that religion if you happen to have commited those so called "sins".

"

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

We all sin differently! Haha god thinks i'm an angel

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I suppose it depends on the religion and their stance on swinging or sex outside of marriage. You can be religious in all facets but don't thino you can be fully religious if you're on here and your religion forbids swinging.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Doesn't that also include not having wank

By *londebiguyMan
over a year ago

Southport

I guess it is possible depending on the religion. I should have been more specific and said Catholic rather than religious. "

I know that there is a priest on here

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"We all sin differently! Haha god thinks i'm an angel "

Theirs a special love boat for us all when the time comes

over a year ago

"

Catholics only uncovered though

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Or you're a priest...then any passing choirboy is fair game

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Do nuns not have sex toys? They must get sexually frustrated.

over a year ago

Are you Catholic op?

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

If your not religious, don't worry about it. If they are sinners under their god the they can take it up with their god.

That is their buisness not mine.

I don't have to worry about it.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Or you're a priest...then any passing choirboy is fair game "

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/04/23 21:14:13]

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"[Removed by God at 30/04/23 21:14:13]"

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

Judging? I am not god to judge! I am just asking questions."

It's not God who judges, if you say you don't..I'll not be a believer just like i don't believe in God, or religion

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

Judging? I am not god to judge! I am just asking questions.

It's not God who judges, if you say you don't..I'll not be a believer just like i don't believe in God, or religion "

*Not only God

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

"[Removed by a Cathloc God at 30/04/23 21:14:13]"

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Both atheists here, dont believe in fairies, gods, spiritualists or any other nonsense.

By *oody Bond OP   Man
over a year ago

Cork

"Are you Catholic op?"

I am not.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

According to the Catholic Church you can beat your wife all week. Drink. But as long as you confess your sins on a Sunday then it's all good. That's my experience of the Catholic Church

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Just wondering if it is possible to be religious and be on this site at the same time. I, for one, am not a bit religious but I am wondering if it would make any sense to be on here if you were religious."
shags here and he believes

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

"Are you Catholic op?

I am not."

So what is even your point Op?

over a year ago

"Are you Catholic op?

I am not."

Well there goes my ine about sinning.

over a year ago

Ah, an easy one:

Matthew 5:28: "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Exodus 20:14: “You shall not commit adultery.”

Liviticus 20:10: "If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death."

Matthew 5:17: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

I'm going to have to say it's a hard no on the debate on whether swinging and Catholicism are compatible.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"According to the Catholic Church you can beat your wife all week. Drink. But as long as you confess your sins on a Sunday then it's all good. That's my experience of the Catholic Church "

I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience with the Catholic church but what you've described really isn't what Catholicism is about.

By *ust JuicyWoman
over a year ago

east london

Not for me to judge if someone on here should be allowed consider themselves religious

Seen to be many judgemental people on here which is such a shame

over a year ago

"Not for me to judge if someone on here should be allowed consider themselves religious

Seen to be many judgemental people on here which is such a shame "

Let the record show that my post referred to Catholicism as a religion, not people who consider themselves Catholic

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I think that if you claim to be religious and your religion actively promotes sexual practices then all is good. I think there are some elements of Taoism that will help here. Followers of Tantra and some pagans are probably in the clear too.

If you claim to be part of a religion that does not promote sex then you might want to consider how religious you really are.

I am an atheist so I am good to go

By *erence IIMan
over a year ago

Irrelevant

Doesn't that also include not having wank "

There are certain religions where this is considered a sin, not sure about Catholicism though.

over a year ago

The bible isn't a rule book, it's more of a guide book.

over a year ago

"The bible isn't a rule book, it's more of a guide book."

Nope. It's a rule book. See my above post about what Jesus said about the "law".

By *erence IIMan
over a year ago

Irrelevant

"Ah, an easy one:

Matthew 5:28: "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Liviticus 20:10: "If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death."

Matthew 5:17: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

I'm going to have to say it's a hard no on the debate on whether swinging and Catholicism are compatible.

"

That's why I walked away from Christianity. You either need to be very selective in which bits of the bible you choose to believe or you have to believe a lot of very unpleasant stuff (not to mention historically insanely wrong - the earth didn't suffer a global flood 5000 years ago for a start)

Nice to see an actual understanding of the logic on the bible

over a year ago

J-Dog. Loved it.

He was friends to tax collectors (they were thieves) and prost?tutes (Mary Magdalene).

He was more tolerant of 'sinners' than we are.

We can be pretty judgemental on here ( though I must admit I love a bit of scathing, sarcasm)

over a year ago

"Ah, an easy one:

That's why I walked away from Christianity. You either need to be very selective in which bits of the bible you choose to believe or you have to believe a lot of very unpleasant stuff (not to mention historically insanely wrong - the earth didn't suffer a global flood 5000 years ago for a start)

Nice to see an actual understanding of the logic on the bible "

Thank you. I studied the bible for many years. Xx

over a year ago

"

Such is life.

"

I like you more and more (but then I have been out for a few cocktails in Cais do Sodre, Lisbon - so maybe that colours my viewpoint!

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"The bible isn't a rule book, it's more of a guide book.

Nope. It's a rule book. See my above post about what Jesus said about the "law". "

Certain parts of the Bible are laws, much of it is guidance.

over a year ago

Nope. It's a rule book. See my above post about what Jesus said about the "law". "

The bible isn't just about Jesus though.

over a year ago

Nope. It's a rule book. See my above post about what Jesus said about the "law".

"

It was guidance in the days before law, much of the sensible stuff - not killing etc have become laws.

over a year ago

Okay I'll bite.

Which parts related to extramarital sex are "guidance" and which parts are "rules"?

Is the part that says adultery is punishable by death rules or guidance? Xx

over a year ago

"Okay I'll bite.

Which parts related to extramarital sex are "guidance" and which parts are "rules"?

Is the part that says adultery is punishable by death rules or guidance? Xx"

To which countries laws are you referring?

over a year ago

"

Actually you CAN say you're religious if you're on here. You'd just be a hypocrite like so many religious types.

Frank"

People are quite judgemental.

The old J-dog had a real go at the Sadducees and Pharisees who were the religious elite of his day - actually not dissimilar to Ron de Santos or JRM or Ann Widicombe. They were described as 'white washed pig pens'. In modern parlance he'd have probably said "you can't polish a turd".

By *gcplMan
over a year ago

Dumfries

Love does not judge.

Love does not punish.

Love knows you're imperfect and shines through you the same as any saint. Pure kindness is offered to you and you have the opportunity to love in return. This love brings the unalterable contentment that we seek. This contentment is what we seek but can never find through insatiable lust.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

We're all made in the likeness of God apparently so if you're here you're supposed to be here.

over a year ago

"Okay I'll bite.

To which countries laws are you referring?"

Are you being serious or are you trolling?

Just in case you're not, I'm referring to the Biblical law, the 613 laws covered in Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy.

over a year ago

It was guidance in the days before law, much of the sensible stuff - not killing etc have become laws."

Which days were they?

We've had laws since we've had writing. Before that even, probably

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Okay I'll bite.

Is the part that says adultery is punishable by death rules or guidance? Xx"

The second part of that is overuled by the part about he without sin cast the first stone etc...

But yes, the church very much defines fornication as being sex outside of wedlock and yes regards as a sin.

If we're talking strictly about Catholicism then the Church makes the law based on interpretation of Bible and Scripture.

over a year ago

"Okay I'll bite.

The second part of that is overuled by the part about he without sin cast the first stone etc...

But yes, the church very much defines fornication as being sex outside of wedlock and yes regards as a sin.

If we're talking strictly about Catholicism then the Church makes the law based on interpretation of Bible and Scripture."

Aye you're trolling.

I've just said in an earlier post:

Jesus says in Matthew 5:17-18:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled."

So the new testament did not overhaul the old testament. This is a tired argument given by 'johnny in the pew' types that like the nice fluffy "love thy neighbour" stuff but can't stomach the stoning to death of gay people or "indentured servitude"* aspects.

*Fab blocks the actual word.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

Obviously religion and swinging go hand in hand

By *erence IIMan
over a year ago

Irrelevant

"J Dog loved everyone, including Mary Magdalene, right?

J-Dog. Loved it.

He was friends to tax collectors (they were thieves) and prost?tutes (Mary Magdalene).

He was more tolerant of 'sinners' than we are.

We can be pretty judgemental on here ( though I must admit I love a bit of scathing, sarcasm)"

I think those who are talking of being tolerant of others have missed the point. The question isn't whether Jesus will/would forgive a certain sin, or whether we should tolerate/ignore/welcome it. Rather, it's whether a person who believes something to be a sin should make no effort to not commit it.

If you believe a certain action is a sin (in this case adultery) but chose to do it anyway then you aren't being true to your stated beliefs. That's not judging someone, that's stating a fact. I don't give two hoots if a religious person is on here, I'm not going to judge in any way. However, if that person says they're a follower of a religion that states explicitly that adultery is a sin, it isn't judging them to point out their actions are at odds with their words.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Okay I'll bite.

If we're talking strictly about Catholicism then the Church makes the law based on interpretation of Bible and Scripture.

Aye you're trolling.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled."

So the new testament did not overhaul the old testament. This is a tired argument given by 'johnny in the pew' types that like the nice fluffy "love thy neighbour" stuff but can't stomach the stoning to death of gay people or "indentured servitude"* aspects.

*Fab blocks the actual word."

This is true- the old testament is incredibly brutal.

But there are certain instances of Jesus being accused of disregarding the law (allowing his disciples to gather grain on the Sabbath) so in contradictory situations surely the New Testament takes precedence over Old?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

What about sexual relations with your wife? Or does sin only work the one way?!

over a year ago

Jesus he knows me and he knows I’m right.

over a year ago

"Just wondering if it is possible to be religious and be on this site at the same time. I, for one, am not a bit religious but I am wondering if it would make any sense to be on here if you were religious.

Jesus he knows me and he knows I’m right. "

Genesis also the first book of the bible

By *gcplMan
over a year ago

Dumfries

"The closer the pulpit, the closer the whore."

over a year ago

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

But there are certain instances of Jesus being accused of disregarding the law (allowing his disciples to gather grain on the Sabbath) so in contradictory situations surely the New Testament takes precedence over Old?"

I disagree. If Jesus broke the law, that's Jesus breaking the law. It's not him changing it. He was extremely explicit about the laws of Moses not changing.

Boris Johnson broke a whole bunch of laws he and his party wrote... Thats not him changing them by example.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Well I'm just glad I have a clear conscious

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

But there are certain instances of Jesus being accused of disregarding the law (allowing his disciples to gather grain on the Sabbath) so in contradictory situations surely the New Testament takes precedence over Old?

I disagree. If Jesus broke the law, that's Jesus breaking the law. It's not him changing it. He was extremely explicit about the laws of Moses not changing.

Boris Johnson broke a whole bunch of laws he and his party wrote... Thats not him changing them by example."

The big difference is that Jesus is the son of God, they're HIS laws!!

over a year ago

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

Boris Johnson broke a whole bunch of laws he and his party wrote... Thats not him changing them by example.

The big difference is that Jesus is the son of God, they're HIS laws!!"

So?

By this logic, God can't break his own laws.

If God can do anything... Then he should be able to break his own laws

Even if I agreed with you, which I don't, it still doesn't make adultery not a sin, which is what this thread is about.

By *ickD80Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Catholics aren’t meant to have sex outside of marriage….Catholics aren’t meant to work on Sundays, Catholics aren’t meant to eat meat on Fridays, catholics aren’t meant to get divorced and remarry, catholics aren’t meant to use any form of contraception, catholics can’t be gay….times change….the bible says that God created the entire universe in 6 days (no mention of dinosaurs), the bible says that Noah built an arc big enough for a male and female of every single species on the planet, and then got a male and female of every species on the planet on it….we know now that these aren’t scientifically possible.

A lot of the bible is completely out dated and irrelevant and expecting people to live by these outdated rules and beliefs is impractical.

Catholics are meant to be good people, non judgmental, considerate to others, accepting of other faiths, help others as much as they can, treat others as they’d like to be treated themselves, turn the other cheek….these are the things that matter the most and they’ll never change.

By *erence IIMan
over a year ago

Irrelevant

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

The big difference is that Jesus is the son of God, they're HIS laws!!"

Again, this is a failure to understand what Jesus said. The belief in the trinity places Jesus as part of the godhead, Jesus himself was quite explicit that he wasn't God and that it was God who was to be obeyed. The theological cognitive dissonance that is required to believe that everything recorded as being said by Jesus is 100% accurate and to be followed faithfully whilst maintaining the belief in the trinity and calling your religious leader "father" is quite astonishing.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

So?

Even if I agreed with you, which I don't, it still doesn't make adultery not a sin, which is what this thread is about. "

Agreed - strictly speaking sex outside of marriage and adultery would be a sin to a practising and devout Catholic.

Back to the crux of this thread- a person could be a devout Catholic AND be on a swinging site although they would be in sin doing so.

over a year ago

My sin is great His love is greater

God is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles.

over a year ago

Dora calls out for God and Jesus pretty often so sex and religion go together sometimes.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"My sin is great His love is greater

God is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles."

,, are you a nun by any chance x

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

All this talk of religious doctrine has given me a semi lob on

By *LxxMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Is it in the rules?? "

But Mary never had sex…

over a year ago

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

So?

Even if I agreed with you, which I don't, it still doesn't make adultery not a sin, which is what this thread is about.

Agreed - strictly speaking sex outside of marriage and adultery would be a sin to a practising and devout Catholic.

Back to the crux of this thread- a person could be a devout Catholic AND be on a swinging site although they would be in sin doing so."

I agree. Common ground debatable about the "devout" modifier but yeah I basically agree. Fine debating skills, sir xx

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

So?

Back to the crux of this thread- a person could be a devout Catholic AND be on a swinging site although they would be in sin doing so.

I agree. Common ground debatable about the "devout" modifier but yeah I basically agree. Fine debating skills, sir xx"

It's been a real pleasure and I commend your knowledge and intellect

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Not for me to judge if someone on here should be allowed consider themselves religious

Seen to be many judgemental people on here which is such a shame

Let the record show that my post referred to Catholicism as a religion, not people who consider themselves Catholic "

I know a few Cathalcoholics

over a year ago

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

So?

I agree. Common ground debatable about the "devout" modifier but yeah I basically agree. Fine debating skills, sir xx

"

I've sent a friend invite. Stay in touch xx

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Okay I'll bite.

Aye you're trolling.

So?

I've sent a friend invite. Stay in touch xx"

Look forward to the next debate!

over a year ago

Well that drastically changed the mood of the evening!

over a year ago

North West

Is it in the rules??

But Mary never had sex…"

Jesus had siblings, so I think she did!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Get where u coming from! And if u live by the bible would say no! X

By *uckie and CreamCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

That would be an ecumenical matter.

over a year ago

North West

That would be an ecumenical matter. "

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

That would be an ecumenical matter. "

We will never have a better reply. I have printed and framed it.

over a year ago

Yeah of course you can… just repent for your sins afterwards and all will be forgiven

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

That's between them and those they believe are in the relevant authority.

It wouldn't have been compatible with my prior religion.

By *andotherjCouple
over a year ago

wetherby

"None of the major religions would condone this lifestyle. Ask your priest, Imam, vicar, rabbi, minister, pastor, Granthi or swarmi whether their respective God(gods) approves? Whether their religious texts approve? The answer will be a resounding 'no'.

Some will say they interpret teachings to fit in with their lifestyle but they might as well start their own cult as this will not comply with any tenet of the original faith.

Frank

"

What he said

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not sure to what extent any religion can be strictly adhered to - texts are often difficult to interpret or translate, or even contradictory.

On this basis, who chooses which tenets you adhere to or not, according to whose standards? We're a bit short of burning bushes and secret golden tablets these days.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Religious is quite an odd phrase, I don’t really like it or what it represents.

Most people i know have faith mostly Christian, Muslim or Hindu, don’t really know many catholic or church of England / Anglican or Orthodox Jewish but I would say they are what people generally think of as Religious where the focus of their faith is on rules, outwardly appearance and rituals rather than belief and personal experience/ conversion.

Anyway the question - bible says something about believers being in the world but not of it, and to finish well ….there’s your answer

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Couldn't agree more, they call themselves catholic but truth is they are not"

What makes you - as a non-Catholic - think you underetand their Catholicism better than they do?

Clearly they simply feel differently about some of the more conservative RC views. After all, there are practising gay Catholic couples, which you might think should be a contradiction, but apparently it's not for them.

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"None of the major religions would condone this lifestyle. Ask your priest, Imam, vicar, rabbi, minister, pastor, Granthi or swarmi whether their respective God(gods) approves? Whether their religious texts approve? The answer will be a resounding 'no'.

Some will say they interpret teachings to fit in with their lifestyle but they might as well start their own cult as this will not comply with any tenet of the original faith."

I think it's worth noting that if we're referring to the big global religions, it's likely that few if any if them look like their 'original faith.'

Additionally, there have been many 'cults' - as you call them - that practiced free love throughout the years. This is certainly true of early Christianity.

over a year ago

North West

"Religious is quite an odd phrase, I don’t really like it or what it represents.

Most people i know have faith mostly Christian, Muslim or Hindu, don’t really know many catholic or church of England / Anglican or Orthodox Jewish but I would say they are what people generally think of as Religious where the focus of their faith is on rules, outwardly appearance and rituals rather than belief and personal experience/ conversion.

Anyway the question - bible says something about believers being in the world but not of it, and to finish well ….there’s your answer "

Unless your Christian friends are all Orthodox of some kind, you almost definitely know some Catholic or CofE people. S'pose you might just know a lot of happy-clappy types, baptist etc?

By *ermbiMan
over a year ago

Ballyshannon

"Catholics aren’t meant to have sex outside of marriage….Catholics aren’t meant to work on Sundays, Catholics aren’t meant to eat meat on Fridays, catholics aren’t meant to get divorced and remarry, catholics aren’t meant to use any form of contraception, catholics can’t be gay….times change….the bible says that God created the entire universe in 6 days (no mention of dinosaurs), the bible says that Noah built an arc big enough for a male and female of every single species on the planet, and then got a male and female of every species on the planet on it….we know now that these aren’t scientifically possible.

A lot of the bible is completely out dated and irrelevant and expecting people to live by these outdated rules and beliefs is impractical.

Catholics are meant to be good people, non judgmental, considerate to others, accepting of other faiths, help others as much as they can, treat others as they’d like to be treated themselves, turn the other cheek….these are the things that matter the most and they’ll never change. "

So much wrong and misunderstood in this post

By *agic tongue mike.Man
over a year ago

Canterbury

I religiously spend a little time on the site, does that even count as religion.

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

Well, in Chapter 2, Line 22, of The Book of The Law by Aleister Crowley, he said (as was dictated to him by Aiwass his Holy Guardian Angel who was in turn quoting the words of Nuit, Hadit, and Ra-Hoor-Khuit)

"Be strong, o man! lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture: fear not that any God shall deny thee for this."

So I don't think any religious types have anything to be concerned about.

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I think it's worth noting that if we're referring to the big global religions, it's likely that few if any if them look like their 'original faith.'

Additionally, there have been many 'cults' - as you call them - that practiced free love throughout the years. This is certainly true of early Christianity. "

I'm not quiet sure what your point is. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Frank

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I once fucked a lovely young guy at a fetish club while I was wearing a latex nuns outfit.

I certainly wasn't practicing religion at the time but did pray to God that he never stopped.

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Additionally, there have been many 'cults' - as you call them - that practiced free love throughout the years. This is certainly true of early Christianity.

---

I'm not quiet sure what your point is. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?"

Yes.

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I once fucked a lovely young guy at a fetish club while I was wearing a latex nuns outfit.

I certainly wasn't practicing religion at the time but did pray to God that he never stopped."

Did Jesus come again?

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Yes. I think you can be on here and be religious "

Agreed

By *ommyTighMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Of course you can, why not?

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Just because you understand religion and know God is true doesn't make you a saint everyone has their weaknesses. If your not cheating doesn't brake many religious rules anyway

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Religious is quite an odd phrase, I don’t really like it or what it represents.

Anyway the question - bible says something about believers being in the world but not of it, and to finish well ….there’s your answer

Unless your Christian friends are all Orthodox of some kind, you almost definitely know some Catholic or CofE people. S'pose you might just know a lot of happy-clappy types, baptist etc? "

Exactly, my experience is entirely the charismatic denominations in the UK and Africa not the traditional CofE. It’s very very different.

I probably do know some CofE but they don’t tend to talk about their faith passionately or do much with it

By *ay197469Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Not me

By *ay19720Man
over a year ago

Ashford kent

He did and does....sex is a small part..your not meant to eat pork if christian either..not just musliums and jewish ppl..but we grind it into gelitin and put it in sweets for kids...lol the devil truley winning..lol

By *onguesandpunsMan
over a year ago

East Midlands

Two of my most passionate and satisfying sexual experiences were with women who were/are Christians and attend church every Sunday. Religion and people's relationship with their faith is a very personal thing which people interpret in different ways, so I think it very much is possible to combine faith and being on here!

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Two of my most passionate and satisfying sexual experiences were with women who were/are Christians and attend church every Sunday. Religion and people's relationship with their faith is a very personal thing which people interpret in different ways, so I think it very much is possible to combine faith and being on here! "

Would you have felt as comfortable saying that if they were Muslim and not Christian

By *onguesandpunsMan
over a year ago

East Midlands

"Two of my most passionate and satisfying sexual experiences were with women who were/are Christians and attend church every Sunday. Religion and people's relationship with their faith is a very personal thing which people interpret in different ways, so I think it very much is possible to combine faith and being on here!

Would you have felt as comfortable saying that if they were Muslim and not Christian "

Absolutely. I'm an atheist. I respect everyone's right to religious belief, although I don't share their faith. Plus if you've got to the stage where you're naked together, most likely someone's faith isn't going to be foremost in our minds at that point!

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Two of my most passionate and satisfying sexual experiences were with women who were/are Christians and attend church every Sunday. Religion and people's relationship with their faith is a very personal thing which people interpret in different ways, so I think it very much is possible to combine faith and being on here!

Would you have felt as comfortable saying that if they were Muslim and not Christian

Absolutely. I'm an atheist. I respect everyone's right to religious belief, although I don't share their faith. Plus if you've got to the stage where you're naked together, most likely someone's faith isn't going to be foremost in our minds at that point! "

I don't like disrespect to religion I think it's something that should be kept off these forums ..you could have told your little story without having to name a specific religion.

By *onguesandpunsMan
over a year ago

East Midlands

Absolutely. I'm an atheist. I respect everyone's right to religious belief, although I don't share their faith. Plus if you've got to the stage where you're naked together, most likely someone's faith isn't going to be foremost in our minds at that point!

I don't like disrespect to religion I think it's something that should be kept off these forums ..you could have told your little story without having to name a specific religion. "

This is a discussion about religion and swinging, the op referred to Catholicism in a respectful way earlier in the discussion and you brought Islam into this discussion. So I don't think there's a problem with me making a non specific reference to Christianity in my 'little story'.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

I don't like disrespect to religion I think it's something that should be kept off these forums ..you could have told your little story without having to name a specific religion.

This is a discussion about religion and swinging, the op referred to Catholicism in a respectful way earlier in the discussion and you brought Islam into this discussion. So I don't think there's a problem with me making a non specific reference to Christianity in my 'little story'."

Reason I mentioned that is people seem comfortable talking about Christian related issues far more than they would other religions .. have a good day my friend

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

I don't like disrespect to religion I think it's something that should be kept off these forums ..you could have told your little story without having to name a specific religion. "

It's a open forum ppl are free to post what they want. You posed a question on the thread you started, Asking what happened to free speech.....

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

---

I'm not quiet sure what your point is. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Yes. "

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"not meant to eat pork if christian either.. "

A prohibition against pork is not a traditional Christian belief (the opposite, in fact). It's also not historically seen in many Christian groups.

Post new Message to Thread