Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ravi Shankar music

Jump to newest

By *ooo wet tight horny OP   Woman
over a year ago

lancashire

I got a new CD delivered today...Ravi Shankar..The Sound of India album...has anyone else listened to his stuff? I love it....it chilled me out soooo much...I sat on my step listening to it looking at the trees...totally lost myself

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aggonerMan
over a year ago

for a penny

Is this recent stuff or his early (70s) music? I Didn’t know he was still about.

He was all the rage when I was a lad. One of George Harrison’s heroes.

Did you know Norah Jones is his daughter?

over a year ago

lancashire

"Is this recent stuff or his early (70s) music? I Didn’t know he was still about.

He was all the rage when I was a lad. One of George Harrison’s heroes.

Did you know Norah Jones is his daughter? "

I didn't know that she was no. It's an album from the 80's..sooo chilling his music.

By *atu2plsuMan
over a year ago

Harrow

Saw him live in London not long before he passed away. Although he was 90 yrs+, he was amazing to listen to.

Norah Jones is his daughter and also anushka Shankar.

He has quite a few fusion albums which are all pretty good.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Gosh, I've not heard that name in decades!

My dad used to listen to his stuff, and I used to enjoy it.Maybe I'll listen on Spotify this weekend

By *ldgeezermeMan
over a year ago

Newcastle, Throckley

Loved it on Concert For Bangladesh when they are tuning up and the audience applaud

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Loved it on Concert For Bangladesh when they are tuning up and the audience applaud"

That was really funny .

I enjoy his music. His cousin Ananda Shankar’s is amazing too; it’s a fusion of east and west. I think Ravi disowned him for it, as it broke the rules of Indian music.

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS
over a year ago

Mumbai

Love his music. ROH had an opera based on his music a few years back that I remember going to. First time for me at the opera house

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I never actually listened to his music.

But I really loved Anoushka Shankar (his daughter)... she's an incredible Sitar player

over a year ago

lancashire

Well I'm glad so many have heard and appreciate his music... I'll be getting some more of his album's.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I really like his daughter Annoushka Shankar, check out her version of ‘Pancham se gara’ on YouTube.

Interesting fact - she is the sister of American singer Nora Jones, but they never knew until adults.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Here the link , she’s an amazing musician. She also did some stuff portraying the journey of flamenco gypsy right back from India across Asia and into Spain. The 2 styles are very similar in many ways

https://youtu.be/8CnhcGpmH9Y

over a year ago

lancashire

"I really like his daughter Annoushka Shankar, check out her version of ‘Pancham se gara’ on YouTube.

Interesting fact - she is the sister of American singer Nora Jones, but they never knew until adults.

"

Ohh I will check her out Well that sounds like some one was having some fun...hahaha

over a year ago

lancashire

"Here the link , she’s an amazing musician. She also did some stuff portraying the journey of flamenco gypsy right back from India across Asia and into Spain. The 2 styles are very similar in many ways

https://youtu.be/8CnhcGpmH9Y"

Thanks I have got her on

over a year ago

lancashire

"Here the link , she’s an amazing musician. She also did some stuff portraying the journey of flamenco gypsy right back from India across Asia and into Spain. The 2 styles are very similar in many ways

https://youtu.be/8CnhcGpmH9Y"

Wow I wanna get up and dance...it's amazing...

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

https://youtu.be/8CnhcGpmH9Y

Wow I wanna get up and dance...it's amazing... "

I had a huge crush on her when I was younger, I think it part it was watching those hands work

over a year ago

lancashire

She's gorgeous looking too it's very relaxing and a tad erotic the music.

Post new Message to Thread