Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who do you feel sorry for?

Jump to newest

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I’m being genuine here, I sometimes feel sorry for people, not in a pity way or anything like that, I think, but in a, that must be tough way.

I often look at people at supermarkets who have to get a taxi to get their big shop. It’s costly enough as it is, but to have to pay for taxis must hurt.

You have my empathy.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I feel bad for the people who empty public bins

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I feel bad for the people who empty public bins "

Feel bad for us better than feel sorry for I reckon.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I feel sorry for public toilet attendants/cleaners; I’ve seen the horrifying state that some selfish buggers leave such places in….

By *ister_ee_1981Man
over a year ago

Sunniest Exeter...

"I’m being genuine here, I sometimes feel sorry for people, not in a pity way or anything like that, I think, but in a, that must be tough way.

I often look at people at supermarkets who have to get a taxi to get their big shop. It’s costly enough as it is, but to have to pay for taxis must hurt.

You have my empathy. "

I have wondered on the benefits of this. If your car usage is so low, it could be more economical to do it. Especially if you are on bus pass age, public transport couldnt be used to pick up the shop.

over a year ago

People who have to do it all by themselves with zero support.

over a year ago

I feel sorry for those with children who have mental health issues or special needs because the support in the UK has declined so badly in the 13 years the Conservatives have been in power.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Blimey I've done two of these things. Cleaned pu lic factory toilets and taxi for my big shop.

I feel empathy for a lot of people. People who genuinely struggle with life whether that's for health reasons or financial reasons

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I feel bad for the old lady on the street that leaves half of her shopping bags on a bench and does a few trips, she never accepts much help.

Mrs

over a year ago

I feel bad for all the wives who don’t know their husbands are on here playing away

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Children of conspiracy theorists, particularly when the conspiracies are health related and are taken out on the children.

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

"People who have to do it all by themselves with zero support.

"

I'm in this position, just me and a baby with no support network. I'd rather people think I'm doing an awesome job than feel sorry for me though

over a year ago

"Children of conspiracy theorists, particularly when the conspiracies are health related and are taken out on the children."

Children of vegetarian/vegan parents who are forced to follow the diet

over a year ago

I also feel sorry for children of anti vaxxers

over a year ago

People work in customer service, they have to deal with some right arseholes everyday.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I also feel sorry for children of anti vaxxers "

I already said that

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

[Removed by poster at 27/04/23 17:09:24]

over a year ago

Leeds

"I feel bad for all the wives who don’t know their husbands are on here playing away "

This too!

Mrs

over a year ago

"I feel bad for all the wives who don’t know their husbands are on here playing away "

Yes I dread to think how many

over a year ago

"I also feel sorry for children of anti vaxxers

I already said that "

Oh yeah, sorry well I agree

By *oppabear82Man
over a year ago

near you

Goes both ways. What about the husbands of the wives playing away on here.

By *ilvermoonWoman
over a year ago

ledbury

"

But, oh my goodness, it makes you stronger

over a year ago

"I feel bad for all the wives who don’t know their husbands are on here playing away

Goes both ways. What about the husbands of the wives playing away on here. "

I don’t feel sorry for them. They probably deserve it

(That was a joke btw)

over a year ago

Leeds

People who don’t have a choice, but to live in a bad environment.

The mr

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

To feel sorry for someone who has to get a taxi or works in a job you would conside beneath you is not sympathy. It's quite arogant to asume that these people hate their lives, perhaps they are grateful people who enjoy doing these things.

I feel proud and applaud people who find difficulties in life and yet, no matter how hard things may get, they strive forward, never giving up.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Anyone on a pre-pay utilities meters, who are then charged more per unit of energy. The companies know it's nearly always those than can least afford to and it's immoral, in my view.

By *oppabear82Man
over a year ago

near you

"I feel bad for all the wives who don’t know their husbands are on here playing away

(That was a joke btw)"

Haha the bastards! Obviously can't satisfy them that's why they are on here.

Also a joke.

Circumstances just change over time.

over a year ago

Those that are forced to not necessarily have another option…but have to continue with the circumstance they find themselves in. With no sort of help… or maybe as worse…not knowing there is help so could escape from it

over a year ago

(That was a joke btw)

Also a joke.

Circumstances just change over time. "

I don't feel sorry for the wives, should put more effort into sex.

Is this where I say it's a joke?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

My mother

By *oppabear82Man
over a year ago

near you

(That was a joke btw)

Also a joke.

Is this where I say it's a joke? "

100% agree with you.

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

I feel sorry for all the people who are in an abusive relationship and don't think there's a way out.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Kids that never get a crack at a normal childhood due to disabilities or their environment/upbringing

By *heekycute xMan
over a year ago

derby

Here here x.

Abuse… physically or mentally is a daily thing… although so small some days… 1 year in an abusive relationship may take 10 to get over it… but 10 years in one might take a life time…. Reach out… A STRANGER CARES X

over a year ago

"Anyone on a pre-pay utilities meters, who are then charged more per unit of energy. The companies know it's nearly always those than can least afford to and it's immoral, in my view."

The govt have very recently started to pay the difference for consumers.

over a year ago

Myself . Couldn’t express my feelings to others due to my language barrier

over a year ago

(That was a joke btw)

Also a joke.

Is this where I say it's a joke? "

It's where you hide your profile

By *obilebottomMan
over a year ago

All over

"I feel sorry for those with children who have mental health issues or special needs because the support in the UK has declined so badly in the 13 years the Conservatives have been in power. "

and adults too who can't cope or have such needs that nobody seems to care much these days. Some are waiting for ever to get any support and have not much quality of life. Its disgraceful and shameful

over a year ago

Feel sorry for people with Mental issues

Who struggle on alone with no help from anyone

Feel sorry for pensioners and older people who through no fault of there own struggle on a pension and alone

over a year ago

People who wake up and think there is no hope. If you've seen the 3 dads whose daughters committed suicide then I feel incredibly sorry for them and the burden they have.

By *he love catsCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

I feel sorry for the parents that have children with mental health issues that play up in public and get judged by people staring and commenting about things they haven't got the slightest Idea about, if life isn't hard enough for them already.

By *lay 4 your plessureMan
over a year ago

Wigan

All the people with hidden disabilities or chronic illness who get judged by people daily who have no clue how they are affected by it. They get disbelieved because people only ever see them on their better days, and usually even then they'll doing their best to hide all the pain and difficulties they're going through.

over a year ago

I feel sorry for myself now after reading some of these comments…..yeah some of these comments are the circumstances I’m in however I’m doing the best i can do in the circumstances I’m in…..don’t forget no matter what situation you are in there’s always someone out there worse off than yourself

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I feel sorry for people who get dragged into believing political narratives that end up changing their behaviour for the worst to feel like that they are doing good. People who miss out on great life experiences for fear of not complying with the current doctrine.

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Anyone who feels lonely and doesn’t have family or friends to lean on, especially at Christmas time

over a year ago

Yeah i have also met others that are worse off than myself and my circumstances

over a year ago

Today in fact....

I felt sorry for the autistic boy. The one I heard say to his carer. 'I like you, you take me out' as he was returned to his front door.

That made me tearful.

Considering how much crap has gone on with regards to that boy, it's quite evident he's just misunderstood and needs a bit more empathy than people are giving. I really felt for him.

over a year ago

I feel sorry for the children living with parents in loveless and abusive marriages

I feel sorry for the people with mental health issues who don't get enough support

I feel sorry for the old people who worked their asses off throughout their lives to end up with scraps for pension

I feel sorry for anyone who isn't in position to help themselves and is vulnerable ...

Ah, and much more...

over a year ago

I feel sorry for all women who treated as a machine for men’s pleasure

over a year ago

Brucey

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

Carers. Especially parents who have children with additional needs or with a life limiting illness. Watching your child struggle as you age yourself and wonder who will care for them when you no longer can. It's a horrific thought.

They deserve every support society can offer.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

I'm in this position, just me and a baby with no support network. I'd rather people think I'm doing an awesome job than feel sorry for me though "

I bought my daughter up being a single parent for 11 years now, with no support and I'm damed sure I don't need pity. There is a great strength to people doing this alone, lots of people have their opinions of you but the situation simply makes your bond stringer.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"I feel bad for the people who empty public bins "
Why, they get up and work hard, have motivation to do so and many look after families. They are a very important part of the cummunity and place avital role in our lives. I applaud them for doing a job I coundn't.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"I feel sorry for those with children who have mental health issues or special needs because the support in the UK has declined so badly in the 13 years the Conservatives have been in power. "
Having taught kids with special needs in the past, I applaud, admire and have the up most respect for the love of these parents that fight every inch to get what their child needs.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/04/23 06:43:37]

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Today in fact....

I felt sorry for the autistic boy. The one I heard say to his carer. 'I like you, you take me out' as he was returned to his front door.

That made me tearful.

Considering how much crap has gone on with regards to that boy, it's quite evident he's just misunderstood and needs a bit more empathy than people are giving. I really felt for him."

The assumption he has been through crap, how do you know?

over a year ago

I feel sad for anyone losing a child or has a child going through treatment.

Since I had my little girl, I always want to be there to catch her if she falls. So I can only imagine the pain they must feel for something out of their control

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Was up I Scarborough this week staying at hotel with a large group! Evening entertainment laid on weds eve was a elvis tribute he was really bad! Was cringeworthy! But we sat all eve and of course clapped him! He did get better as the evening wore on! Or might have seemed so the more we drank x

over a year ago

I feel sorry for me. It's Friday and I'm exhausted full of a cold with a 9 hour shift ahead

I feel sorry for cows, it's a whole big world out there and they are missing it, especially at Christmas because they just don't know about Christmas

over a year ago

"I’m being genuine here, I sometimes feel sorry for people, not in a pity way or anything like that, I think, but in a, that must be tough way.

You have my empathy.

I have wondered on the benefits of this. If your car usage is so low, it could be more economical to do it. Especially if you are on bus pass age, public transport couldnt be used to pick up the shop."

I choose not to have a car and haven't had one for years! Saved me thousands most likely ... the odd taxi is nothing

over a year ago

"I feel bad for the people who empty public bins Why, they get up and work hard, have motivation to do so and many look after families. They are a very important part of the cummunity and place avital role in our lives. I applaud them for doing a job I coundn't."

I still feel bad for them

over a year ago

"I feel sorry for me. It's Friday and I'm exhausted full of a cold with a 9 hour shift ahead

I feel sorry for cows, it's a whole big world out there and they are missing it, especially at Christmas because they just don't know about Christmas

Next time I see a cow I’ll tell her all about Christmas

"

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

You have my empathy.

I have wondered on the benefits of this. If your car usage is so low, it could be more economical to do it. Especially if you are on bus pass age, public transport couldnt be used to pick up the shop.

I choose not to have a car and haven't had one for years! Saved me thousands most likely ... the odd taxi is nothing "

The OP feels your hurt.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

"I feel sorry for those with children who have mental health issues or special needs because the support in the UK has declined so badly in the 13 years the Conservatives have been in power. Having taught kids with special needs in the past, I applaud, admire and have the up most respect for the love of these parents that fight every inch to get what their child needs."

I applaud to those parents who do this all alone.

over a year ago

"I feel sorry for me. It's Friday and I'm exhausted full of a cold with a 9 hour shift ahead

"

Thank you, that's very kind

over a year ago

Thank you, that's very kind "

I could tell them about Easter too, they’d like a bit of chocolate I reckon?

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"I feel bad for the people who empty public bins Why, they get up and work hard, have motivation to do so and many look after families. They are a very important part of the cummunity and place avital role in our lives. I applaud them for doing a job I coundn't.

I still feel bad for them "

Why?

over a year ago

Thank you, that's very kind

I could tell them about Easter too, they’d like a bit of chocolate I reckon?"

I think they would. If I could invite a cow into my home for the festivities of Easter and Christmas I would

By *anandEmily2465Couple
over a year ago

Bishop Auckland

I feel sorry for homeless, hungry and cold British Veterans who have been cast aside by the pathetically weak traitorous government.

I don't feel sorry for the tens of thousands of fighting aged male immigrants being housed, by the same government in 5 star hotels.

over a year ago

"I feel sorry for homeless, hungry and cold British Veterans who have been cast aside by the pathetically weak traitorous government.

I don't feel sorry for the tens of thousands of fighting aged male immigrants being housed, by the same government in 5 star hotels."

This isn't the politics section

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

This isn't the politics section

over a year ago

"I feel sorry for those with children who have mental health issues or special needs because the support in the UK has declined so badly in the 13 years the Conservatives have been in power. This isn't the politics section "

Touché

By *ixie and dixie2022Couple
over a year ago

villiage

People who think they are above everyone else

over a year ago

Children who are de facto full time carers for a parent, having to take on responsibility so young and missing out on many of the normal childhood experiences.

over a year ago

"I feel sorry for those with children who have mental health issues or special needs because the support in the UK has declined so badly in the 13 years the Conservatives have been in power. This isn't the politics section "

Where’s the Mike drop emoji

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I feel sorry for homeless, hungry and cold British Veterans who have been cast aside by the pathetically weak traitorous government.

I don't feel sorry for the tens of thousands of fighting aged male immigrants being housed, by the same government in 5 star hotels."

I feel sorry for both!x

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

"I feel sorry for public toilet attendants/cleaners; I’ve seen the horrifying state that some selfish buggers leave such places in…. "

I totally agree with you ,couldn't do it myself they are stars

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Absolutely no one

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I feel sorry fir anyone, particularly refugees and the trans community that are the continued target of the government's and media's culture wars with all the hatred that brings in to their lives

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Today in fact....

That made me tearful.

Considering how much crap has gone on with regards to that boy, it's quite evident he's just misunderstood and needs a bit more empathy than people are giving. I really felt for him."

My own journey with ASD had been so traumatic that I feel huge empathy for those also on the spectrum. It's not an easy life.

And i really feel for those who are undiagnosed and have no idea why they feel they don't belong in a world which seems so straightforward to most people and so difficult to navigate for them

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

I always feel sorry for those elderly people on their own who don’t have the capability to fight for what they need or question when something is not right. I’m particularly thinking about healthcare, having spent a lot of time looking after my own parents and trying to help and support others I came across in the process. It breaks my heart, it truly does

By *ixie and dixie2022Couple
over a year ago

villiage

"I feel sorry for public toilet attendants/cleaners; I’ve seen the horrifying state that some selfish buggers leave such places in….

I totally agree with you ,couldn't do it myself they are stars "

acording to a friend who is a cleaner she says women toilets far worse than men’s

over a year ago

I feel sorry for absolutely anyone without a voice, anyone who feels passed by or ignored, anyone who cannot help themselves for any reason, for anyone who isn't being recognised as requiring help ... so many things along these lines

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

People who know me and put up with me x

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

[Removed by poster at 28/04/23 10:10:21]

over a year ago

I feel for though who are worried about putting there heating on because they just cant afford to

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"[Removed by poster at 28/04/23 10:10:21]"

Removed for being too flippant on a genuinely nice thread.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I feel sorry for those who have lost their soulmate. What a bleak world it is without that light.

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

I feel sorry for all the pets that people bought during lockdown, treated as dispensible when their owners had to go back to work.

The rescue centres are unable to cope, and healthy animals are either abandoned or worse, or put to sleep.

By *lexV16Man
over a year ago

Welling

I feel sorry for all these staying in unsatisfying relationship due to habits, financial reasons, kids etc and not living the life they’d want.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I feel sorry fir anyone, particularly refugees and the trans community that are the continued target of the government's and media's culture wars with all the hatred that brings in to their lives "

x

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I feel sorry fir anyone, particularly refugees and the trans community that are the continued target of the government's and media's culture wars with all the hatred that brings in to their lives "

100%

I feel sorry for any minority group being unjustly demonised as a way of distracting the general public from the real problems in society.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

You have my empathy. "

Sorry to pick this a part but feeling sorry and pity for someone isint showing empathy to them. That's sympathy two totally different things.

By *erence IIMan
over a year ago

Irrelevant

I once met some royals and I'll probably get flamed for this but one of the lasting impressions was empathy for them. Literally everything they did was orchestrated and planned to the nth degree, everything was scrutinised endlessly by the press, every item of clothing she wore was detailed (no one seemed to give a shit about his clothes).

For me, no amount of wealth or privilege could make up for having to live my whole life with every appearance outside of my own private land - no matter how big that is - being constantly controlled and monitored. So whatever my views on royalty, the humans involved have my empathy.

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

People banned from Forums for ridiculous reasons & Political Correctness.

Many Forums have untrained moderators so whether your local press or other sites they cancel healthy debate which in turn just stifles debate to keep one individual happy.

Ultimately cancel culture.

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

You have my empathy.

Sorry to pick this a part but feeling sorry and pity for someone isint showing empathy to them. That's sympathy two totally different things."

Fair enough, what you say then.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

"People banned from Forums for ridiculous reasons & Political Correctness.

Many Forums have untrained moderators so whether your local press or other sites they cancel healthy debate which in turn just stifles debate to keep one individual happy.

Ultimately cancel culture. "

I sense some bitterness there lol

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I once met some royals and I'll probably get flamed for this but one of the lasting impressions was empathy for them. Literally everything they did was orchestrated and planned to the nth degree, everything was scrutinised endlessly by the press, every item of clothing she wore was detailed (no one seemed to give a shit about his clothes).

For me, no amount of wealth or privilege could make up for having to live my whole life with every appearance outside of my own private land - no matter how big that is - being constantly controlled and monitored. So whatever my views on royalty, the humans involved have my empathy."

I do have some empathy with them also, but that is tempered by the fact that they also perpetuate this regimented lifestyle themselves.

Although having seen what happens when members try to break free of the “firm” a little maybe it’s no surprise they go along with it

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

[Removed by poster at 28/04/23 11:20:52]

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I feel sorry for people who did not have a good childhood. I have heard horrible stories from friends of how hellish their younger days were due to bad parents and no interventions from outside resources.

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

You have my empathy.

Sorry to pick this a part but feeling sorry and pity for someone isint showing empathy to them. That's sympathy two totally different things.

Fair enough, what you say then. "

Empathy is shown in how much compassion and understanding we can give to another. Sympathy is more of a feeling of pity for another. Empathy is our ability to understand how someone feels while sympathy is our relief in not having the same problems.

This my understanding and experience of the difference, based upon education, work and life situations ive been in.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

People who know they're not well and go to the GP to be told they need to go on the pill, loose weight or simply there is nothing wrong with them. For them to develop chronic diseases that may have caught sooner and they'd have a better prognosis.

Post new Message to Thread