Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Skinny Slim Guys

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m a bit conscious about being skinny/slim sometimes, I just find it hard to gain weight personally

Muscular and lean bodys are popular, as they should be, dad bods are kind of a thing, which makes me wonder if girls like skinny/slim guys?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *kaythen07Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I'm in the same boat,behind closed doors it gets me down but i never let it get in the way of having a flirt. be positive, let your personality shine through. As long as you healthy and happy.

Don't read into the bull on the socials we all have are different tastes, I for one cant stand the super model type body and hate the pressure people are put under to look a certain way. Love your self first.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m a dad. I’ve been to the gym and in a 30inch waist and wear a belt. What do I classify myself as?

I’ve been slim all my life, been mocked and ridiculed and often asked ‘did you now get fed as a kid!’ Like you op, I’ve tried to gain something, I’ve given up.

Rock what you’ve got.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm a fat b'stard.

I'd rather be slim.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

My husband is very slim don’t think his weight has changed in the 30 years we’ve been together .

I love slim men their are definitely women out there that have a preference for the slimmer man.

over a year ago

Slim, toned, dad bod. I like them all.

Big muscles and veiny I don't like so much.

Being slim and short I'm not so keen on big guys. It makes things difficult.

Plenty of women the same as me.

over a year ago

I love slim men too ... and have been slim all my life so seriously understand the difficult feelings and attitudes

But I own it and rock it ... and don't care about other's opinions

Confidence shines through aesthetics

over a year ago

I'm a 33 inch waist and quite tall so I look fairly slim. Never been ripped or had abs but never wanted that look tbh.

over a year ago

"I love slim men too ... and have been slim all my life so seriously understand the difficult feelings and attitudes

But I own it and rock it ... and don't care about other's opinions

Confidence shines through aesthetics

"

Exactly this

over a year ago

I'm athletic to slim I'd say and I don't think anyone's vomited at my body yet?

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

People are a wondrous delight of variety and contradiction, and the entire spectrum of people find the entire spectrum of people attractive. That's not to say that those whom you are attracted to will find you attractive (you being the all encompassing, not the specific).

I find some slim and skinny men attractive, the same as I find some toned, muscular, less so, etc... a range of body types, (I'm talking purely aesthetics, not including any other factors). I'm massive, so I'm always a little worried I'll hurt a skinny man, but it hasn't happened yet.

There are plenty of people who find plenty of body types attractive, OP.

over a year ago

I’d love to be slim but I’m not. But in the event of a plane crash (or unscheduled disassembly) I might* bounce. Which is a positive.

* unlikely

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Oh man do I feel this OP. When I joined I was so self conscious of taking photos of myself as I didn't feel "manly" compared to others on here and did feel it was compounded if women said they preferred a bit of meat on the bones.

However, I will say this. Fab is filled with different people with different preferences and I'm certain there are some women who find slim men very appealing. Keep your head up and good luck!

over a year ago

Appreciate some of the comments on here!!

By *ansexualPandaMan
over a year ago

Near You

I used to be a skinny chap and no matter how much work I did in the gym I struggled to gain bulk (which I now know comes mostly from diet). Then I hit 30 and it became a struggle to keep the weight off!

Don't worry OP, embrace what you have!

over a year ago

I struggled to put weight on until my mid 20s where I managed to put a whopping 2 stone on, everyone says I look better for it

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Not a fan of skinny, or fat, guys, but slim is fine.

There’s someone out there for everyone though. Embrace what you’ve got and be comfortable in your skin.

over a year ago

You're not alone mate , I too am slim build, and like you I wonder if my build is what puts people off because as you rightly say the majority prefer the muscle build or dad bod ,it would be easy for people to say go to the gym but as a slimmer build guy it's alot harder to bulk , however don't let that put you down as people have said we all have preferences

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’m slim but it’s the worst kind because I have a belly so “skinny fat” I need to gain muscle but also gain weight. It’s tricky

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I’m slim but it’s the worst kind because I have a belly so “skinny fat” I need to gain muscle but also gain weight. It’s tricky "

As a fellow ectomorph it’s actually not as tricky as you think. Am happy to give some advice if needed, but wouldn’t want to unintentionally offend.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

We all have something i wish i was slimmer you wish you were bigger some wish they had longer appendages and those with long ones wish they were smaller its how you're made just live with it

By *ecret_Passion777Man
over a year ago

Manchester

I was always a naturally slim/skinny kid, hated it. I go to the gym now with the aim of gaining size/keeping a bulked up look.

What you need to do is:

Lift heavy weights for 6-8 reps.

A lot of compound lifts.

Eating wise, you have to be getting in 2000+ calories in a day, otherwise your body just will not grow.

Foods like: Oats, eggs, peanut butter, meat, pasta. Calories dense whole foods.

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

I've always been slim and I think I've been a 32 waist since my late teens.

Walking about 15 miles a week helps and I have quite an active job.

But sometimes i wish I was a little more toned and then i go to the gym but I tend to get bored there pretty quickly.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I was always a naturally slim/skinny kid, hated it. I go to the gym now with the aim of gaining size/keeping a bulked up look.

What you need to do is:

A lot of compound lifts.

Eating wise, you have to be getting in 2000+ calories in a day, otherwise your body just will not grow.

Foods like: Oats, eggs, peanut butter, meat, pasta. Calories dense whole foods."

The only problem with this is that along with the added muscle, you will add more fat to your body as a result of bulking which can be a tough mental barrier. Espeif you've spent your whole life being slim with low body fat.

By *ecret_Passion777Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Yeah you’re absolutely right. It’s a tough mental barrier you have to break through, depends how much you want to be big/muscular or staying skinny.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

My husband is very slim and incredibly sexy. I adore his physique

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm 5'7" and weigh 9 stone exactly and have a 30"waste. I've been skinny all my life as well, hated it as a kid though.

My Legs bum and belly look more lady like than manly, which is quite handy.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I was always a naturally slim/skinny kid, hated it. I go to the gym now with the aim of gaining size/keeping a bulked up look.

What you need to do is:

A lot of compound lifts.

Foods like: Oats, eggs, peanut butter, meat, pasta. Calories dense whole foods."

Apologies, but although you mean well this just isn’t necessarily correct.

Everyone’s TDEE is different so just saying 2000 cals really isn’t true.

Also lifting heavy for 6-8 reps is another falsehood. It may work for some, but not others and the rep range doesn’t really matter.

By *ecret_Passion777Man
over a year ago

Manchester

What you need to do is:

A lot of compound lifts.

Foods like: Oats, eggs, peanut butter, meat, pasta. Calories dense whole foods.

Apologies, but although you mean well this just isn’t necessarily correct.

Everyone’s TDEE is different so just saying 2000 cals really isn’t true.

Also lifting heavy for 6-8 reps is another falsehood. It may work for some, but not others and the rep range doesn’t really matter."

No worries, just everyone do whatever works for you then

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"No worries, just everyone do whatever works for you then "

The sentiment was there and looking at your pics it’s clearly working for you mucka.

By *ecret_Passion777Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"No worries, just everyone do whatever works for you then

The sentiment was there and looking at your pics it’s clearly working for you mucka. "

You’re in great shape mate

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman
over a year ago

I was skinny till i had kids, before then I couldn’t put weight on no matter how hard I tried. Once i had kids it was like my whole body makeup changed.

As far as what i find attractive with men, I don’t have any particular preference build-wise. Skinny doesn’t necessarily mean not strong, as long as he can still throw me around like a rag doll I’m happy . If anything I’d probably be more likely to fancy a skinny guy than a super built up gym guy, more so because of the personality that often comes with it. Personality over body type, all day.

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

It used to really bother me when I was younger.. but since meeting Berry and having the most amazing relationship it doesn't seem to matter and my confidence has never been higher

Lu

By *rDxxMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

wait ...WHAT ??? DAD BODS ARE A THING ??? And I've been sucking it in on pics

By *rDxxMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

Honestly don't be conscious about your body , people attracted to different types, but the most attractive thing to some is personality, you can have the body of a god/goddess and have less personality as a toaster , at the end of the day who you meet off here will meet you for you weather its for your body or personality,

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Op I understand where you are coming from.

I used to let my weight (or relative lack of it) get me down - I am never going to be stacked with muscles due to my height/build but I realised that eating properly and doing heavy (for me) compound lifts down the gym allowed me to put on some muscle and my relative lack of fat meant that as I started to get older I didn’t have the issues that others worry about.

Your time will come.

By *ack 500Man
over a year ago

stafford

Don’t worry I’ve been told im

Too big before and they prefer skinny guys so defo skinny guys are in !!

over a year ago

I can concur with alot if what's bene said on here. I am naturally skinny and has my whole life even to this day effected my confidence and self esteem. Find it very difficult to gain any muscle but have found over the last year or so I have out on weight and am now the heaviest I have ever been

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Bien slim can be hard 2 except m8 .People think slim guys av it easy as in u can eat all u want .but ur a young guy and ur body can change if u want 2 change it u got 2 put effort in .if ur happy as u are then enjoy ur life and don't let people stop u x

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

I’ve seen plenty women with slim blokes mate being “big” only appeals to a small handful of women believe me it’s just as hard for those of us who are bigger

over a year ago

OP, I would describe your build as slender as opposed to skinny

From what I can see, it works for you

By *ohn123456789999Man
over a year ago

hastings

I am slim and always have been but a well toned body.I find in incredibly hard to put on weight and have managed to exceed 11 stone I would love nothing more to put more weight on.

over a year ago

"I can concur with alot if what's bene said on here. I am naturally skinny and has my whole life even to this day effected my confidence and self esteem. Find it very difficult to gain any muscle but have found over the last year or so I have out on weight and am now the heaviest I have ever been"

I am exactly the same. I have a naturally very high metabolism and a minor medical condition which means i really struggle to gain any weight regardless of how much and what I eat. I don't like how I look at all but just have to accept it and make the best of the cards I have been dealt Lee

over a year ago

I reckon if you check my profile you guys might see me quite slim and toned 8)

over a year ago

"Slim, toned, dad bod. I like them all.

Big muscles and veiny I don't like so much.

Being slim and short I'm not so keen on big guys. It makes things difficult.

Plenty of women the same as me. "

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I'd be screwed if some didn't like them

By *pen2UMan
over a year ago

Telford

I'd 100% kill to be slim again, this dad bod and fat I have really isn't a confidence booster for me

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I’m seeing some very attractive bodies

Mrs x

By *rjamesMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I feel your pain OP, just try to see it as a blessing that many people see it as . Be confident in yourself and those that may be attracted to you will see you in the best light. Just look at the scrawny rock stars of yore - I don't think their lovers were complaining

over a year ago

I’m 10 stone and a 27 inch waist. Have always been into athletics where I ran. I still run every day and it keeps me a little bit more sane for doing so.

over a year ago

I have a very 'rock chick' friend who adores slim men - skinnier the better! We're all different, all have our own attractions but she is waaayyyy hotter than I am, so maybe it'll work to your advantage !!

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"I’m a bit conscious about being skinny/slim sometimes, I just find it hard to gain weight personally

Muscular and lean bodys are popular, as they should be, dad bods are kind of a thing, which makes me wonder if girls like skinny/slim guys?"

I'm sure lots do, OP!

I'm the complete opposite - I just need to look at a biscuit and I gain weight, so my challenge is keeping weight off - but I reckon there's room for all shapes and sizes in this big, wide world!

over a year ago

"OP, I would describe your build as slender as opposed to skinny

From what I can see, it works for you "

Appreciate it, and others who’ve commented

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

You may have an overactive thyroid? Basically your metabolism, You burn food very quickly. If it's affecting your confidence maybe go to your GP and you look absolutely fine by the way.

over a year ago

"You may have an overactive thyroid? Basically your metabolism, You burn food very quickly. If it's affecting your confidence maybe go to your GP and you look absolutely fine by the way. "

OP. Hyperthyroidism can be quite serious if not kept in check, with symptoms like low mood, anxiety, hair loss, definitely worth checking with your GP. Lee

over a year ago

Nothing is more attractive than happy in your own skin, you me everyone we are a marvel of genetic engineering, embrace who you are, if you can’t put muscle in don’t beat yourself up, just be you, there’s many ‘fit’ people who aren’t attractive because inside they aren’t. Be the best version of you for you not anyone else, that’s attractive OP

Post new Message to Thread