Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blocked?

Jump to newest

By *ourGuiltyPleasure OP   Man
over a year ago

Devon

Is anyone else finding recently that once you send a message out to a profile you realise after not so long your blocked…

Is it just me or is this happening to others too?

Are these just non genuine profiles, or?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I usually block people im not interested in who clearly haven't read my profile.. ironically it says on my profile i do this but if they hadnt read it they wouldnt know anyway... people with no profile photo or not displaying any photo at all or profiles with nothing on but will fill in later get blocked.

over a year ago

"I usually block people im not interested in who clearly haven't read my profile.. ironically it says on my profile i do this but if they hadnt read it they wouldnt know anyway... people with no profile photo or not displaying any photo at all or profiles with nothing on but will fill in later get blocked."

This. Also to stop the inevitable abuse that comes when you don’t reply

over a year ago

Usually I’d take it as not interested and that’s ok

Recently I found quite a few that if answered their questions on a forum then viewed them, they blocked me….. without me private messaging them etc or even asking for anything.

The second put a status asking how to report abusive messages, I messaged to advise to find id been blocked also lol

So yeh it does happen for no reason, but don’t take any notice of it

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Pretty much instant delete & block if don’t read our profile, or match our preferences.

Will also block if there’s just no interest.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Usually I’d take it as not interested and that’s ok

Recently I found quite a few that if answered their questions on a forum then viewed them, they blocked me….. without me private messaging them etc or even asking for anything.

The second put a status asking how to report abusive messages, I messaged to advise to find id been blocked also lol

So yeh it does happen for no reason, but don’t take any notice of it "

Maybe you just didn’t match their preferences, were too far away, they didn’t like the cut of your gib?

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

I find they block way before I send a message.

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

IRLANDA. / Prague. / Cil Dara

Not everyone is for everyone OP

And lets face it,

Females and couples can be as picky as they like here,,

Us SGs live off the crumbs that fall from the big table.

This is the Way.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Don't take it personally your probably just not for them and it's easier to block, saves time on both sides.

Mrs

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Just because someone blocks you does not mean they are not genuine,it just means they don't want to interact with you for whatever reason.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Is anyone else finding recently that once you send a message out to a profile you realise after not so long your blocked…

Are these just non genuine profiles, or?"

It happens to most people at some point, doesn't mean they are not genuine just that they aren't interested

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

"Just because someone blocks you does not mean they are not genuine,it just means they don't want to interact with you for whatever reason. "

This one.

I never used to use the block button. But my inbox is a much nicer place now that I do.

If someone messages and clearly hasn't bothered to read the profile? Block. Messages that give me the ick? Block. Forum posts that demonstrate they are absolutely not the kind of people I want to hear from? Block. Looks at my profile 20 times a day? Block. Just very obviously not my type? Block.

Doesn't mean I don't have a vagina or that I don't meet people who do interest me. Just that I don't need an inbox full of messages from people who I'm never going to meet.

By *rancois Du BoisMan
over a year ago

Down the back of the sofa.

"Is anyone else finding recently that once you send a message out to a profile you realise after not so long your blocked…

Doesn’t tend to happen to me, but then I don’t send much out tbh

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

"I find they block way before I send a message. "

Funny you should mention about being blocked before even sending a message. It's happened to me now and again, and when I've delved a bit deeper it's turned out that they are people who actually know me in the real world, and whom, for whatever reason, are none too comfortable with me knowing about their alternative lifestyle.

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

"I find they block way before I send a message.

Funny you should mention about being blocked before even sending a message. It's happened to me now and again, and when I've delved a bit deeper it's turned out that they are people who actually know me in the real world, and whom, for whatever reason, are none too comfortable with me knowing about their alternative lifestyle. "

Understandable

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Don't take it personally. This is a marketplace, and some people aren't interested in your stall

over a year ago

"Not everyone is for everyone OP

And lets face it,

This is the Way. "

THIS IS THE WAAAAAAY!!

over a year ago

Don’t take it to heart. It’s an easy way to filter out people you have no intention of meeting, that’s all

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Funny you should mention about being blocked before even sending a message. It's happened to me now and again, and when I've delved a bit deeper it's turned out that they are people who actually know me in the real world, and whom, for whatever reason, are none too comfortable with me knowing about their alternative lifestyle. "

How do you find that out if they've blocked you?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Funny you should mention about being blocked before even sending a message. It's happened to me now and again, and when I've delved a bit deeper it's turned out that they are people who actually know me in the real world, and whom, for whatever reason, are none too comfortable with me knowing about their alternative lifestyle.

How do you find that out if they've blocked you?"

With the super unblocker gadget on my bat belt.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

The way the mind works is a wonderful thing.

Just because someone blocks you doesn't make them fake.

If you talk to someone face to face and they don't want to carry on the conversation , are they fake too ?

It's just easier on here for people to close the door.

Heaven forbid you are not their type. Can't imagine that for a moment.

It's not you - it's everyone.

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

"Not everyone is for everyone OP

And lets face it,

This is the Way.

THIS IS THE WAAAAAAY!!"

We have Spoken

By *aleakalaMan
over a year ago

Stourbridge

Does blocking have any use in the forums? Can a blocked person still read your posts and vice versa?

By *he AmbassadorMan
over a year ago

"Does blocking have any use in the forums? Can a blocked person still read your posts and vice versa?"
yep,

They cant reply to you privately though,

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

The Block button is just another filter and is great as it cuts down time on both sides. Nothing to get upset about and its great as you don't have to worry about them anymore. If you aren't what they want then you probably wont want them either.

I've been a swinger both as a married couple and now as a single male and been on many different sites. All have the Block button but some have the ignore button which allows people to see and read their profile but prevents emails or other communications.

The problem is that most people don't explain who they are and what they are interested in. Also many don't have any pics on there profiles which is strange but is a reality. I helped a couple some years ago create a swinger site and put more effort into the Filters which included filtering out profiles with little information or no pictures. Seemed to work well.

over a year ago

Not everyone who isn't interested in speaking to you is fake. I feel like I say that everyday.

I block profiles who I'm not interested in to prevent them keep messaging.

over a year ago

I’m a little surprised that you’ve asked this question, OP, you’ve been on here at least a year?

*You* must have received messages by now that made *you* at least consider blocking people? It’s the same for others. We all have differing tastes and the blocking stops people repeat messaging, sending abusive crap

over a year ago

"I’m a little surprised that you’ve asked this question, OP, you’ve been on here at least a year?

*You* must have received messages by now that made *you* at least consider blocking people? It’s the same for others. We all have differing tastes and the blocking stops people repeat messaging, sending abusive crap"

I used to get messages from a 60 something year old who would constantly just insult me with anything she saw fit at the time. I actually found it hilarious and not even she got a blocking!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

When we get a message (rare thankfully as it seems some do read profiles! ) we look at the profile before reading it.

If there's no interest in the profile we delete and block. Why would we read a message from someone we'd never be interested in meeting? It's like getting junk email through the door for a loft conversion when you live in a bungalow. Goes straight in the bin and a block is put on the senders email address to stop it coming through again.

It's nothing personal. I'm sure there are lots of people who be interested in a loft conversion.

Just not us.

A block is just a permanent filter, not an insult. Don't take the actions of strangers to heart and move on to someone else.

A

over a year ago

When we get a message (rare thankfully as it seems some do read profiles! ) we look at the profile before reading it.

If there's no interest in the profile we delete and block. Why would we read a message from someone we'd never be interested in meeting? It's like getting junk email through the door for a loft conversion when you live in a bungalow. Goes straight in the bin and a block is put on the senders email address to stop it coming through again.

It's nothing personal. I'm sure there are lots of people who be interested in a loft conversion.

Just not us.

A block is just a permanent filter, not an insult. Don't take the actions of strangers to heart and move on to someone else.

A"

Does mean you can't see their fine ass snaps though. That's sometimes the only part that crushes the soul a little

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Just not us.

A

Does mean you can't see their fine ass snaps though. That's sometimes the only part that crushes the soul a little "

There's a whole big Internet out there if I want wank bank material.

And most of those with pics I actually like wouldn't be the people messaging so would never be blocked. ??

A

over a year ago

"Just because someone blocks you does not mean they are not genuine,it just means they don't want to interact with you for whatever reason.

This one.

I never used to use the block button. But my inbox is a much nicer place now that I do.

If someone messages and clearly hasn't bothered to read the profile? Block. Messages that give me the ick? Block. Forum posts that demonstrate they are absolutely not the kind of people I want to hear from? Block. Looks at my profile 20 times a day? Block. Just very obviously not my type? Block.

Doesn't mean I don't have a vagina or that I don't meet people who do interest me. Just that I don't need an inbox full of messages from people who I'm never going to meet."

exactly this

over a year ago

Just not us.

A

Does mean you can't see their fine ass snaps though. That's sometimes the only part that crushes the soul a little

There's a whole big Internet out there if I want wank bank material.

And most of those with pics I actually like wouldn't be the people messaging so would never be blocked. ??

A"

But the fantasy of fab meets! Haha

No I agree with you completely each to their own with it all!

By *razylady2014Couple
over a year ago

Bolton

We block anyone who sends us a wink, it's in the first line of the profile. If they can't even be bothered to read that far then they are not for us.

On average we block 6 a day, it's a great way of filtering out people who are only interested in what they want

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Funnily enough I was just looking at my block list!

I mainly block people who repeatedly message over the weeks, the same cut and paste message, having ignored a no thanks the first time.

By *ouplecu2015Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"I usually block people im not interested in who clearly haven't read my profile.. ironically it says on my profile i do this but if they hadnt read it they wouldnt know anyway... people with no profile photo or not displaying any photo at all or profiles with nothing on but will fill in later get blocked."

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I go to the trouble of looking at people's pictures, reading their profiles and then blocking them, just on the off chance they might message me, even though theyve never messaged me before. Spending time Looking for all the people im not interested in and blocking them is good sport.

over a year ago

I blocked a bloke this morning because his profile said he lived in Bridgwater but he does not. I did reply telling him I had only replied to his initial message because I thought he lived in BW.

The purpose of blocking him was to prevent further messages like ..

I can come to you

Pontins Brean is not too far .

Or worse an arsey message...

I also often block people who message that are not compatible to myself. And sometimes forum users if they have given me unwarranted shit on a thread ..

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Loads of fakes on here. Block them back

By *astcoast2000Man
over a year ago

Newcastle County Down

"Loads of fakes on here. Block them back"

Every weekend there are about 20 new profiles set up by the time Sunday arrives they're gone I block them all

Zero photos yet they want to know where I live

over a year ago

I normally block pushy or rude people. It’s also obvious when a profile is only 2days old and no verifications with a copy and paste message that it’s not legit. Also people who do not read my profile and send abuse when I don’t reply. It’s a shame as there are a lot of nice people I’ve met through this site but then there are some real weirdos who think one message gets them a fuck lol

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Loads of fakes on here. Block them back

Every weekend there are about 20 new profiles set up by the time Sunday arrives they're gone I block them all

Zero photos yet they want to know where I live

"

Save effort. There's a filter to stop newbies from messaging you.

A

over a year ago

We block for a couple reasons, the first being pushy and sending multiple messages if not replied ' quick enough' the other if they aren't for us. Nothing malicious just like was said previously saves both sides time and effort.

over a year ago

This is a good shout , thanks

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I think the block button is a brilliant tool. I use it as filter, as it stops any contact with people who I might not be for them and vice versa.

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

How do you find that out if they've blocked you?"

You click on their profile and it comes up with a message that you can’t view it.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Its just the culture of this place also its in the rules, they do it to cut down on messages you're not for them, maybe its your area(too far or too local) , your pics(all penis) , your write up (no details), maybe you've commented in forums and they didn't like it, just move on its common

By *nnocentOneWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Women block men because they bother to make a profile. Most men don't bother to read profiles.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Women block men because they bother to make a profile. Most men don't bother to read profiles."

Men!

By *otSoPetiteMortWoman
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

If it's clear that they haven't read my profile or what I'm looking for, or if it's obviously a copy and paste message, or they've been here for a year with no verifications, or they live in fucking Narnia, or they just want me to watch them wank, or if they won't send a face picture, or their first message starts along the lines of "Can I ask you a question? / Can I ask your advice on something?", or maybe I'm just not in the fucking mood to Baby someone else's ego, either way, blocking saves everyone's time and stops you wasting more time in future.

I will often send a polite "no thanks" to those who have written a genuine good first message, but this is still usually followed by a block to prevent further contact or potential abuse.

Post new Message to Thread