FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Can you kill your self by holding your breath?

Jump to newest

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

not on your own, but be careful who you ask to help

over a year ago

try it and see

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"try it and see "

ooo i wasn't suggesting someone try!!!

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"not on your own, but be careful who you ask to help "

no fear of that

over a year ago

I wouldn't think you could no, I would assume as soon as you start losing consciousness you wouldn't know you was trying to hold your breath and naturally start breathing again.

I'm not going to test my theory though

Tony

over a year ago

its impossible to commit suicide by holding your breath because when holding your breath eventually you have a reflex of a deep exhalation to get stagnant gasses out of your lungs such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen and even if you can force yourself to overcome this reflex you would eventually pass out from lack of oxygen to your brain and after passing out you would begin breathing as normal and after a few seconds or minutes wake up again so yes its impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath

Source: WikiAnswers.com

By *obblybitsCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

no you can't because you pass out and your lungs take over and breath for you in panic. but you can suffercate your self iykwim

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"its impossible to commit suicide by holding your breath because when holding your breath eventually you have a reflex of a deep exhalation to get stagnant gasses out of your lungs such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen and even if you can force yourself to overcome this reflex you would eventually pass out from lack of oxygen to your brain and after passing out you would begin breathing as normal and after a few seconds or minutes wake up again so yes its impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath

Source: WikiAnswers.com"

I dont agree, I had a trip to casualty with a friend after she attempted to hold her breath with a group of other ppl (silly game they used to play in primary) anyway, she was standing at the time, passed out, clonked her head on a nearby table and was knocked out cold. She was inches away from hitting her temple on the corner of the table.

Obviously the breath holding would not have been to blame but would it not have been the reason for the fall??

lol, omg, why do you want to know anyway? such a cheery subject

xAx

over a year ago

no you can't, before you died you would pass out and soon as you passed out you'd start breathing again

sorry did you want a sarky reply lol

over a year ago

"its impossible to commit suicide by holding your breath because when holding your breath eventually you have a reflex of a deep exhalation to get stagnant gasses out of your lungs such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen and even if you can force yourself to overcome this reflex you would eventually pass out from lack of oxygen to your brain and after passing out you would begin breathing as normal and after a few seconds or minutes wake up again so yes its impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath

Source: WikiAnswers.com"

ohh get you, and i didnt google it lol

Post new Message to Thread