Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

One for the men and women

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You want to find comfort because your feeling a little down, a little upset over something and you may need a shoulder to cry on. Let’s just say, your finding things emotionally difficult and you need to sort it out…so….

What do you do? Hide away? Book into a smash room (I’m seriously considering this type of thing) call a friend? Go on a big holiday? Or something else?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"You want to find comfort because your feeling a little down, a little upset over something and you may need a shoulder to cry on. Let’s just say, your finding things emotionally difficult and you need to sort it out…so….

What do you do? Hide away? Book into a smash room (I’m seriously considering this type of thing) call a friend? Go on a big holiday? Or something else? "

hey woody you ok mate?

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Yoga and deep meditation.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Wallow for a short time

Think about how I'm gonna deal with it

Give myself a shake

And then get on with things

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Wallow for a short time

Give myself a shake

And then get on with things "

This. With chocolate

over a year ago

Meditation works for me. Pure unbridled rage and ranting works for C.

Think everyone’s different but the majority of people feel a lot better after talking it through with someone trusted. Try that first, if that doesn’t work meditate.. if that doesn’t work, well, rampage it is!

Mr

over a year ago

"You want to find comfort because your feeling a little down, a little upset over something and you may need a shoulder to cry on. Let’s just say, your finding things emotionally difficult and you need to sort it out…so….

What do you do? Hide away? Book into a smash room (I’m seriously considering this type of thing) call a friend? Go on a big holiday? Or something else? hey woody you ok mate? "

Not half as bad as I could be.

over a year ago

I take myself off and wander the woods for a good few hours. Or climb a mountain and gain perspective from sitting at the top.

over a year ago

Hope you're OK?

Quite often I'll have a little private melt down and then just push on through it. My mantra is: it's always OK in the end, if it's not OK then it's not the end.

I also comfort eat. It's not always helpful and my body is probably made up of 50% stress and 50% carbs as a result.

over a year ago

Accept it's happening, its temporary and its a normal emotional fluctuation. Let it wash over me and pass.

over a year ago

Workout like a crazy bitch.

When everything else in my life is not going how I want, I concentrate on the one thing I do have control over. My body.

(Also cry in the shower afterwards)

over a year ago

"Meditation works for me. Pure unbridled rage and ranting works for C.

Mr"

Smash room!!!! I’m thinking this could work for her.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

What do you do? Hide away? Book into a smash room (I’m seriously considering this type of thing) call a friend? Go on a big holiday? Or something else? hey woody you ok mate?

Not half as bad as I could be. "

ok just asking

over a year ago

"Yoga and deep meditation."

I get bored. I tried it, I really did, and I actually think it would be good for me, but my mind wanders.

over a year ago

"Workout like a crazy bitch.

When everything else in my life is not going how I want, I concentrate on the one thing I do have control over. My body.

"

I cry after lifting weights too.

over a year ago

"Accept it's happening, its temporary and its a normal emotional fluctuation. Let it wash over me and pass. "

You deal with things alone?

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

first of all are you ok, i find holiday nice break in the sun always lifts the spirits

By *ust a little bit moreWoman
over a year ago

kendal

I hope you are ok xx

over a year ago

I cry after lifting weights too. "

It works! Clears your mind. And it gives you those endorphin things people bang on about.

over a year ago

Good question. Interesting to see what different personalities turn to.

I might go for long walk with my dog and my camera.

Or comfort eat watching NetFlix

By *KloganMan
over a year ago

Ramsbottom

"Yoga and deep meditation.

I get bored. I tried it, I really did, and I actually think it would be good for me, but my mind wanders. "

Guided meditation can be a little different in that there’s topics that will suit your problem or challenge, listen to that while wandering the woods can be better than trying to sit still and focus.

Easy and simple breathwork helps me calm myself down and then writing down stuff helps me focus..

I’d never advocate drinking but a chat in the pub over a pint with a good friend helps shake off the stuff..

All of this sounds patronising, I apologise… shout me if you need a pint

By * Le ShhhhhMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I would do a ‘Rocky’ drive

Jump in the car, slap some music on and just drive

over a year ago

I kind of just go numb and carry on on autopilot. Then when I can, I'll cry.

Pxx

over a year ago

"Accept it's happening, its temporary and its a normal emotional fluctuation. Let it wash over me and pass.

You deal with things alone? "

Generally yes.

over a year ago

I process the feelings, sometimes you just have to sit with the shit and work through it.

I don't like to distract myself from what I'm genuinely feeling, well some distraction is obviously necessary but I tend try and process what the issue is,why I'm feeling what I'm feeling and how to move forward depending on what it is. I have made that sound simple, I don't mean it is,it's extremely difficult sometimes.

I love to just rant to friends over coffee or my mum.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

It varies, sometimes I don't want anything or anyone these times I keep busy, stress clean, work, music on.

Others of I'm feeling down I just want a cuddle and the Mr is always there for that.

Mrs

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Options

(1) sit with it do whole meditation thing.

(2) Go for a mooch: woods or the sea, usually.

(3) Call a friend and bash it out.

I look at emotions a bit like my body trying to tell me something. When I'm in turmoil it's about finding the eye of the storm. Then I can see what needs to be done. Or at least acknowledge that I'm fucked.

If none of that hippy shit works. I turn Cowboy, build a fire and drink bourbon. It'll pass, just bury that shit deep, that's never done no-one no harm, anyhow.

over a year ago

What do you do? Hide away? Book into a smash room (I’m seriously considering this type of thing) call a friend? Go on a big holiday? Or something else? "

I generally go for a long walk in nature.

over a year ago

"Meditation works for me. Pure unbridled rage and ranting works for C.

Think everyone’s different but the majority of people feel a lot better after talking it through with someone trusted. Try that first, if that doesn’t work meditate.. if that doesn’t work, well, rampage it is!

Mr"

I'm with C on this one!

over a year ago

I cry after lifting weights too.

It works! Clears your mind. And it gives you those endorphin things people bang on about. "

Sex can do that too, so I've heard

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Depends entirely on whether someone catches me at the right moment to spill my guts. If so... I'll overshare my misery to a friend.

If not, and I know it won't be busy, I'll go down to one of about 3 spots at the seafront/harbour and sit there, sometimes for hours. That clears my mind. The water soothes my soul.

Or I'll just sit on the settee, under a blanket, and cry into my dogs. That's what I'm expecting today.

I hope you're OK Woody.

over a year ago

What is a smash room?

over a year ago

If I need to sort things out in my head, gain clarity and sort myself out I got for a run.

Music is my ears, dog by my side and just go

over a year ago

What do you do? Hide away? Book into a smash room (I’m seriously considering this type of thing) call a friend? Go on a big holiday? Or something else?

What is a smash room?"

Exactly what it says on the tin a room you smash up

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I talk to a friend or go for a walk. Or sit and stare into space while I overthink everything.

Like everyone else, I hope you're ok Woody xx

J

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

" Or I'll just sit on the settee, under a blanket, and cry into my dogs. That's what I'm expecting today.

"

Hope you're ok too Posh. Here if you need a chat xx

J

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Talk to those closest to me sometimes cry at the same time Get out in the great outdoors, either the dales (I'm lucky it's right on my doorstep, literally) or the coast and go for a walk. Exercise and fresh air is great. Make some plans for the near future. Think about all the positives I have in my life, such as a roof over my head and a cosy bed at night.

Wearing a smile actually helps too, as stupid as it sounds.

over a year ago

What is a smash room?

"

over a year ago

What is a smash room?

"

55 quid.

over a year ago

"I talk to a friend or go for a walk. Or sit and stare into space while I overthink everything.

J"

I’m fine!!!!!! (Kinda)

I’ve found certain friends are better for different things though.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Get to the gym. Best anti depressant going.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I talk to a friend or go for a walk. Or sit and stare into space while I overthink everything.

J

I’m fine!!!!!! (Kinda)

I’ve found certain friends are better for different things though. "

Glad to hear that. Different friends for different problems definitely. Some are good at just listening, others are good at solutions (not always what I want). Inbox is open if you need it anyway x

J

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Work out always feel great after hitting the weights

Play with my dog, cuddles, play fighting then lie and have a nap together can cure just about anything haha

over a year ago

"I would do a ‘Rocky’ drive

Jump in the car, slap some music on and just drive "

So I don’t need half a tree in my shoulder and run up a mountain???

By * Le ShhhhhMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I would do a ‘Rocky’ drive

Jump in the car, slap some music on and just drive

So I don’t need half a tree in my shoulder and run up a mountain??? "

Not for when you are a little upset! Save that for when you are fuckin fumin!!

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I'm a hide away type and don't really share when I've got problems as I've always just had to deal with things myself.

I'm always here if you or anyone else needs a chat though, been told I'm good listener

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Just knock one out OP, I’m sure you’ll feel better for it.

over a year ago

"Just knock one out OP, I’m sure you’ll feel better for it. "

Haha. I’ll keep this in mind.

over a year ago

"Talk to those closest to me sometimes cry at the same time Get out in the great outdoors, either the dales (I'm lucky it's right on my doorstep, literally) or the coast and go for a walk. Exercise and fresh air is great. Make some plans for the near future. Think about all the positives I have in my life, such as a roof over my head and a cosy bed at night.

Wearing a smile actually helps too, as stupid as it sounds.

"

Some good tips. Smiling and finding a reason to laugh is good for the soul. But fresh air too, I think looking at four walls isn’t good for your mental health.

By *ilkstressWoman
over a year ago

Drasnia

If it's a work related problem, I talk to my team and colleagues.

For my personal problems, I have always had a tendency to keep things inside and sometimes that's not healthy. I know that but I do it anyway. I just don't find it easy to talk to someone.

I know I need to take myself out of my own head otherwise, my mind is spinning like a hamster stuck on a wheel, going nowhere and all I can do is cry. Going out to do something physical - and some here have already suggested the gym (which personally isn't for me as I hate going to the gym) but it's a good option. If I can't make myself go out, I find baking something helps as I have to concentrate on what I'm doing. It's like a form of mindfulness for me as I have to be in the moment.

It doesn't matter what it is you do, but it's something that forces you to concentrate on what you're doing at that time. So you're not stuck in your head in a downward spiral of negative thoughts.

Sometimes after that I can work through what I need to. Or I can then manage to talk to someone for another viewpoint.

I hope you're ok OP.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

[Removed by poster at 23/04/23 10:07:41]

over a year ago

Morning woody

When times get difficult I always find talking to friends helps never a good idea to lock yourself away leads to complications just be yourself tackle it the best way you can holiday might help you get away for bit

The thing I found is meditation and breathing helps

Hope all goes well

over a year ago

Hope you are ok OP

I take myself off for a drive. Maybe the beach, sit with my thoughts. Meditate. That or the gym and smash the treadmill

over a year ago

"Wallow for a short time

Give myself a shake

And then get on with things "

I'm a bit like this.. I'll walk it out, listening to music playing various scenarios in my head and eventually i can take a deep breath and allow myself to 'let go' and move on. Once you can do that it's like a weight is lifted

Post new Message to Thread