Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gatekeepers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are you a Gatekeeper? Whether that's, people, places or things, do you find yourself doing it sometimes or regularly or is it something you actively make sure you don't do? Do you notice it happening a lot on here or would you just call it lamp post pissing? Is it the same thing if the recipient doesn't reciprocate?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Whats a gatekeeper?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

Are you a Gatekeeper? Whether that's, people, places or things, do you find yourself doing it sometimes or regularly or is it something you actively make sure you don't do? Do you notice it happening a lot on here or would you just call it lamp post pissing? Is it the same thing if the recipient doesn't reciprocate?"

Nope.

We get messages every now and then asking if they can talk to Fox. In clubs when she's in the loo or at the bar I get guys asking me 'so is she into xyz' or 'am I her type?' to which my reply is always the same. Ask her, not me.

She's her own person not my possession.

As for do I see it on here regularly?

Nope.

I've seen it many a time said that women run the site and are the gatekeepers to sex though.

Which I find absolutely fucking hilarious.

A

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"

Are you a Gatekeeper? Whether that's, people, places or things, do you find yourself doing it sometimes or regularly or is it something you actively make sure you don't do? Do you notice it happening a lot on here or would you just call it lamp post pissing? Is it the same thing if the recipient doesn't reciprocate?"

No but I am the key master

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Well

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I’m more the key master to Gozer

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"

Are you a Gatekeeper? Whether that's, people, places or things, do you find yourself doing it sometimes or regularly or is it something you actively make sure you don't do? Do you notice it happening a lot on here or would you just call it lamp post pissing? Is it the same thing if the recipient doesn't reciprocate?

No but I am the key master "

Damn now I feel foolish

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

Damn now I feel foolish "

There is no Dana - there is only fool.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"

Damn now I feel foolish

There is no Dana - there is only fool."

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"

Damn now I feel foolish "

Haha beat you to it!

Great minds and all that

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm Schroedinger's gatekeeper

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I don't actively make sure I don't do it, it's more a natural thing. Generally I'm pretty happy and open to sharing things. Why shouldn't people enjoy the things I do? It doesn't affect my enjoyment, my happiness.

But, and this is a big but, I don't like things that alter my relationships (relationships as in any sort). So I'm a bit wary about that. If it happens, when I'm told otherwise, doubts creep in. I don't think that's gatekeeping though, that's being human. It's definitely a learned behaviour after several experiences.

I don't think there's much lpp at all currently - I wouldn't call that gatekeeping though. I've changed my opinion on lpp over the past few months though. In a good way.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I'm confused now. Which one is gatekeeping?

By *educing_EmCouple
over a year ago

Tipperary

Lpp? Gatekeeping? I'm completely lost

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"I'm confused now. Which one is gatekeeping?"

Zulu the gatekeeper is one of the two main minions of the powerful demonic deity known as Gozer.

Clear?!

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Sigourney Weaver

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"I'm confused now. Which one is gatekeeping?

Zulu the gatekeeper is one of the two main minions of the powerful demonic deity known as Gozer.

Clear?! "

Um.

Google is my friend?

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

Sigourney Weaver"

I thought she was the chick from Alien?

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Lpp? Gatekeeping? I'm completely lost "

Glad I’m not the only one. No idea!

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Sigourney Weaver

I thought she was the chick from Alien?"

Also the demon Dog Zuul from Ghostbusters

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Sigourney Weaver

I thought she was the chick from Alien?"

Girl got range!!

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

Who you gonna call....

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

Clear?! "

Zulu, what you mean there’s bloody thousands of gatekeepers???

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

Clear?!

Zulu, what you mean there’s bloody thousands of gatekeepers???"

Just fire at will...

By *mo512Man
over a year ago

LONDON

"

Damn now I feel foolish

There is no Dana - there is only fool.

"

'i want you inside me!'

'sounds like there's 3 people in there already'.

over a year ago

Just for the record it's a totally new thing to me. But after a conversation yesterday I had I thought I'd post this to get a better understanding.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Just for the record it's a totally new thing to me. But after a conversation yesterday I had I thought I'd post this to get a better understanding.

"

OP, my apologies for derailing your thread somewhat. My juvenile inner poster took over. I’ll stop now to allow for mature debate

over a year ago

"Just for the record it's a totally new thing to me. But after a conversation yesterday I had I thought I'd post this to get a better understanding.

OP, my apologies for derailing your thread somewhat. My juvenile inner poster took over. I’ll stop now to allow for mature debate "

No please carry on. I like juvenile inner, it keeps things lighthearted. You're all good.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

OP, my apologies for derailing your thread somewhat. My juvenile inner poster took over. I’ll stop now to allow for mature debate

No please carry on. I like juvenile inner, it keeps things lighthearted. You're all good. "

I’ll just pop my apologies back in my pocket

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I don't think gatekeeping and lamp post pissing as being the same.

I see gatekeeping in general as being told that doing something eg kink has to be done in a certain way to be considered kink.

Lamp post pissing is marking territory, marking a person or something as mine not yours.

over a year ago

For the gangbang posh

over a year ago

I see gatekeeping as a bad thing and hope I dont do it. I see it as preventing someone from doing a thing because you dont think they should, or that they deserve it or fit the criteria etc. A looking down on people and I dont like it at all.

over a year ago

London

Do you think you have a gatekeeper OP….be that actual or perceived by themselves?

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I have never liked the term gatekeeper but there is an angry one at the park that locks up in the evening. Keeps kicking me off the swings

Marc

Sorry that’s park keeper

over a year ago

What a gatekeeper

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I have never liked the term gatekeeper but there is an angry one at the park that locks up in the evening. Keeps kicking me off the swings

Marc

Sorry that’s park keeper "

over a year ago

London

"I have never liked the term gatekeeper but there is an angry one at the park that locks up in the evening. Keeps kicking me off the swings

Marc

Sorry that’s park keeper "

That’s Park Life, there is even a song about it…

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Marc

Sorry that’s park keeper

That’s Park Life, there is even a song about it…"

Earworm, thanks for that

over a year ago

"I see gatekeeping as a bad thing and hope I dont do it. I see it as preventing someone from doing a thing because you dont think they should, or that they deserve it or fit the criteria etc. A looking down on people and I dont like it at all. "

Something we are all involved in to a degree with each new government or legislation

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

For the gangbang posh "

What gangbang? I've missed summat again.

By *ddkkk91Man
over a year ago

fife

Even more confused now..

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

On a more serious take, the metal music scene can be really bad for Gatekeeping, younger metal heads are often told they don’t understand the music or some times told they shouldn’t be listening to it. It’s a pretty shit way to act so I’m not a fan

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I don't think gatekeeping and lamp post pissing as being the same.

I see gatekeeping in general as being told that doing something eg kink has to be done in a certain way to be considered kink.

Lamp post pissing is marking territory, marking a person or something as mine not yours. "

Ah the kink gatekeeping. Yes, that happens in Swingers Chat sometimes.

The idea that everyone has to do it a certain way or you're not doing it right. Of course there's safety but it's actually how you and I got talking - there was a discussion on a particular dynamic, a fair bit of gatekeeping going on yet you took the time to discuss, passionately, that dynamic. Without patronising, openly and listening to others. Didn't mind my curious questions, the fact I wasn't sure how to phrase things. It meant a lot.

And I've subsequently used some of that knowledge, in a very successful and hot way so thanks for not being a Gatekeeper.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

Lamp post pissing is marking territory, marking a person or something as mine not yours. "

Thank you Frida. That makes sense.

I don't think I do that. Or have it done to me.

Gatekeeping I mean. LPP... sometimes you just need a wee and where better.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"I see gatekeeping as a bad thing and hope I dont do it. I see it as preventing someone from doing a thing because you dont think they should, or that they deserve it or fit the criteria etc. A looking down on people and I dont like it at all. "

So this and what Frida said kind of go hand in hand I think...

Thank you Maren.

I don't do that.

So, OP... I don't think I do it. I have noticed it on occasion, but I don't think there is really a correlation between that and LPP.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

For the gangbang posh

What gangbang? I've missed summat again."

JulieandBeef’s gangbang, to which I was unceremoniously uninvited

Didn’t want to go anyway….

over a year ago

For the gangbang posh

What gangbang? I've missed summat again."

Someone that I can trust hold the door for women and deny guys entry. That’s my interpretation of a gatekeeper

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

For the gangbang posh

What gangbang? I've missed summat again.

JulieandBeef’s gangbang, to which I was unceremoniously uninvited

Didn’t want to go anyway…."

Oh that one. I'm going

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Lamp post pissing is marking territory, marking a person or something as mine not yours.

Ah the kink gatekeeping. Yes, that happens in Swingers Chat sometimes.

The idea that everyone has to do it a certain way or you're not doing it right. Of course there's safety but it's actually how you and I got talking - there was a discussion on a particular dynamic, a fair bit of gatekeeping going on yet you took the time to discuss, passionately, that dynamic. Without patronising, openly and listening to others. Didn't mind my curious questions, the fact I wasn't sure how to phrase things. It meant a lot.

And I've subsequently used some of that knowledge, in a very successful and hot way so thanks for not being a Gatekeeper. "

Yay Meli this makes me happy

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

I’ve been thinking about this, a bit. Just a bit.

I think I can be a gatekeeper sometimes. I tend to be quite ‘into’ things. Whether it’s a music scene or a professional group, or whatever. So I can sometimes be another person’s way in - I can end up introducing people to something. But I try to be responsible with that - to be open and welcoming and make it about sharing knowledge, not protecting it.

I think that’s the important thing. Be a generous gatekeeper. One who opens the gate, not one who locks it behind them.

I’m not sure I’d want to apply that same thought process to people, to individuals. I wouldn’t feel I had the right.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Thank you Frida. That makes sense.

I don't think I do that. Or have it done to me.

Gatekeeping I mean. LPP... sometimes you just need a wee and where better."

Nope Posh, I can't say I've come across you gatekeeping anything.

And I don't actually mind seeing people LPP on occasion, I find it endearing when I spot it on the forum.

By *ycanNightsMan
over a year ago

Workington

I tend to spot gatekeeping quite a lot in the kink scene... Things like ...to be a good Dom you need to be...xyz or to be a good sub ...you need to be ...xyz.

And frankly most of its opinion. And every dynamic is different and long as it's Consensual it doesn't need to fit with any others way of doing things.

On here...I haven't really seen any gatekeeping tbh ...

over a year ago

"Whats a gatekeeper? "

That’s what I thought. …

I also though .. I’m the key master.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I don't know enough about anything to be a gatekeeper

over a year ago

My dm is open for anyone wanting to kiss on my post.

*I hope I’ve got this meaning right.

over a year ago

"Whats a gatekeeper?

That’s what I thought. …

I also though .. I’m the key master. "

Lol

over a year ago

"Whats a gatekeeper?

That’s what I thought. …

Lol "

I wish this place would let us post memes right now. It would be Ghostbuster crazy.

over a year ago

"My dm is open for anyone wanting to kiss on my post.

*I hope I’ve got this meaning right. "

over a year ago

London

"Whats a gatekeeper?

That’s what I thought. …

Lol

I wish this place would let us post memes right now. It would be Ghostbuster crazy. "

Christ, if this place posted memes it would be like Fesshole on Twitter dialled up to a thousand!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I don't really know what Gatekeeping is but as far as lamppost pissing goes I haven't seen much for awhile.

I'm usually pretty astute to who's shagging who

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Not knowingly, but I'm not sure what it means. I'm very protective of certain people in my life, if that's it, but what would be considered 'gate keeping'?

over a year ago

London

""

I wondered how long it would take you to pop up!

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"

I wondered how long it would take you to pop up! "

Other gates required protection

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

"

Other gates required protection "

^^^^ I was busy keeping the clique in their place and this slipped through whilst I had my back turned and

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"

^^^^ I was busy keeping the clique in their place and this slipped through whilst I had my back turned and "

Nothing worse than things slipping in when your back is turned

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

^^^^ I was busy keeping the clique in their place and this slipped through whilst I had my back turned and

Nothing worse than things slipping in when your back is turned "

That's what she said........

A

over a year ago

Gatekeeping definition from Google..

'the activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something'

Or someone?

What's the definition of lamp post pissing? Isn't it the same? Only with the added 'marking your territory' in the process?

But can't Gatekeeping also involve marking your territory too?

Lets say someone wants the competition out of the way, they pull moves to bring the competition down or out of the way, and therefore keep their terriority in whatever area that is are they Gatekeeping or lamp post pissing?

Is the difference between the two when it involves a person and when it doesn't?

Help me understand this.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Gatekeeping definition from Google..

'the activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something'

Or someone?

What's the definition of lamp post pissing? Isn't it the same? Only with the added 'marking your territory' in the process?

Lets say someone wants the competition out of the way, they pull moves to bring the competition down or out of the way, and therefore keep their terriority in whatever area that is are they Gatekeeping or lamp post pissing?

Is the difference between the two when it involves a person and when it doesn't?

Help me understand this.

"

Ah ha! I see It appears that the two terms are indeed indicative of the same intrinsic behaviour.

I don’t do it myself though. Laissez-faire/laid back/lazy/can’t be arsed with such malarkey is a far more accurate description of me….

over a year ago

"Whats a gatekeeper? "

Zuul

over a year ago

London

"Whats a gatekeeper?

Zuul "

Here we go again…

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Or someone?

Help me understand this.

"

I'd say gatekeeping involves some kind of relationship where there's an assumed element of power on one party to make decisions on behalf of the other.

In regard to lamp post pissing it's more of an attempt to 'warn off' others rather than any specific ability to control and prevent access. It's a behaviour aimed at territory marking to deter others attempting contact or displaying interest.

The former is usually done by the dominant half of a couple with or without the consent of their partner.

The latter is done with no conscious input by the person not pissing on the proverbial lamp post. Some people revel in having their post pissed on because it makes them feel desired and adored. Others see it as a major red flag and will cut ties with anyone attempting to demonstrate some form of 'ownership' over them.

That's always been my take on the two.

A

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Lpp? Gatekeeping? I'm completely lost

Glad I’m not the only one. No idea! "

i asked earlier just after she posted but she tends to post threads and buggers off for the day

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

""

The only Gatekeeper I know personally is this one! The rest is more waffle like lamp post pissing because people get stroppy about sharing and who someone else may like if it's not them!

No one owns anyone.

All a load of twaddle

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Nope mrs cherry can make her own decisions but as a couple who are very close we tell each other everything. Neither of us would ever do anything the other didnt agree to.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"

I'd say gatekeeping involves some kind of relationship where there's an assumed element of power on one party to make decisions on behalf of the other.

In regard to lamp post pissing it's more of an attempt to 'warn off' others rather than any specific ability to control and prevent access. It's a behaviour aimed at territory marking to deter others attempting contact or displaying interest.

The former is usually done by the dominant half of a couple with or without the consent of their partner.

The latter is done with no conscious input by the person not pissing on the proverbial lamp post. Some people revel in having their post pissed on because it makes them feel desired and adored. Others see it as a major red flag and will cut ties with anyone attempting to demonstrate some form of 'ownership' over them.

A"

OK. This makes sense to me...

over a year ago

Or someone?

Help me understand this.

A"

Thank you. Really appreciate your input on this.

over a year ago

Glasgow

"'the activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something'

Or someone?"

I don’t think of the term ‘gatekeeping’ as applying to people. To someone.

It’s usually used when talking about lifestyles or scenes.

GeneralKenobi demonstrated that well here. This is the usual meaning of ‘gatekeeping’.

"On a more serious take, the metal music scene can be really bad for Gatekeeping, younger metal heads are often told they don’t understand the music or some times told they shouldn’t be listening to it. It’s a pretty shit way to act so I’m not a fan "

PW, it feels like you’re looking at it in terms of ‘gatekeeping the access to a person’ which I’ve never come across really. It’s a stretch of the word’s usual meaning.

Maybe it works for talking about that too. I dunno. But it’s not normally used that way.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"'the activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something'

Or someone?

I don’t think of the term ‘gatekeeping’ as applying to people. To someone.

It’s usually used when talking about lifestyles or scenes.

GeneralKenobi demonstrated that well here. This is the usual meaning of ‘gatekeeping’.

On a more serious take, the metal music scene can be really bad for Gatekeeping, younger metal heads are often told they don’t understand the music or some times told they shouldn’t be listening to it. It’s a pretty shit way to act so I’m not a fan

PW, it feels like you’re looking at it in terms of ‘gatekeeping the access to a person’ which I’ve never come across really. It’s a stretch of the word’s usual meaning.

Maybe it works for talking about that too. I dunno. But it’s not normally used that way."

Oh it's definitely used in relation to people.

Often in various highly negative way, by the likes of Tate who views women as the 'Gatekeepers of the Sexual Marketplace' - a view I've seen echoed on here many times of late.

Here's the opinion in his own voice before I'm accused (as has happened before) of distorting his words and comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fvIBVPvwc

A

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Often in various highly negative way, by the likes of Tate who views women as the 'Gatekeepers of the Sexual Marketplace' - a view I've seen echoed on here many times of late."

I get what you mean, but in that example isn’t he still referring to a ‘thing’ and not a person? Talking about women being the gatekeepers of an active sex life? (Not gatekeepers of one specific woman.)

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Often in various highly negative way, by the likes of Tate who views women as the 'Gatekeepers of the Sexual Marketplace' - a view I've seen echoed on here many times of late.

I get what you mean, but in that example isn’t he still referring to a ‘thing’ and not a person? Talking about women being the gatekeepers of an active sex life? (Not gatekeepers of one specific woman.)"

Not in my mind. He views women as being able to decide whether men get sex or not, without the men having any input or control.

Yes, sex could be viewed as a 'thing' or action, but it's still the women that is the gatekeeper to another person's ability to do something.

So very much about people.

A

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Yes, sex could be viewed as a 'thing' or action, but it's still the women that is the gatekeeper to another person's ability to do something."

If by that you (he, not you really) mean that a woman is the gatekeeper of her own body … then of course she is. Yeah. And so she should be.

Feels like an odd way to describe it, but I can’t disagree.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Often in various highly negative way, by the likes of Tate who views women as the 'Gatekeepers of the Sexual Marketplace' - a view I've seen echoed on here many times of late.

I get what you mean, but in that example isn’t he still referring to a ‘thing’ and not a person? Talking about women being the gatekeepers of an active sex life? (Not gatekeepers of one specific woman.)"

We're not really though, are we.

I can't have sex with everyone I'm attracted to, and men can find sex if they really want it.

I can only gatekeep my own sex life.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Yes, sex could be viewed as a 'thing' or action, but it's still the women that is the gatekeeper to another person's ability to do something.

If by that you (he, not you really) mean that a woman is the gatekeeper of her own body … then of course she is. Yeah. And so she should be.

Feels like an odd way to describe it, but I can’t disagree."

God no.

That's not what he meant at all. The video is just a small insight into his views but he didn't say it in support of a woman's right to determine who gets near her body at all.

It's an assertion that women have a power trip over men and that no matter how much a man does it's never enough for some women due to unrealistic expectations they have developed due to men being portrayed as 'bad'.

Look into him more and you'll understand better.

A

over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's an assertion that women have a power trip over men and that no matter how much a man does it's never enough for some women due to unrealistic expectations they have developed due to men being portrayed as 'bad'."

In that case he’s just wrong. Those are some pretty abhorrent views. Is he king of the incels, or something?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It's an assertion that women have a power trip over men and that no matter how much a man does it's never enough for some women due to unrealistic expectations they have developed due to men being portrayed as 'bad'.

In that case he’s just wrong. Those are some pretty abhorrent views. Is he king of the incels, or something?"

That title is probably a massive understatement where he's concerned....

A

By *hGlobbitsMan
over a year ago

Leeds

No. Gatekeeping is stupid and futile.

By *essaMayWoman
over a year ago

Fairytale Wood

[Removed by poster at 20/04/23 17:20:54]

By *essaMayWoman
over a year ago

Fairytale Wood

Isnt gatekeepong here a form of perceived possession. I know there have been been people in chat who react badly if we've been chatting and someone new tried to join the conversation?

over a year ago

Or someone?

Help me understand this.

"

An example of LPP could be

Her: “I did a hat-trick on nuts so hands off ladies”

Gatekeeper example

“is that a peen? If yes your not coming in”

But I don’t know I’m just a single guy

over a year ago

"I’m more the key master to Gozer"

Noice ‘We got one!!!!’

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Yes I’m a gatekeeper

over a year ago

Wow! I didn't realise the definition of Gatekeeping could be so controversial, what have you started PW?

As for the OP, I do believe it's possible to gatekeep people. LPP, while similar can be light hearted. I wouldn't say Gatekeeping is. Its checking up on people, questioning their every move, potentially questioning the people around them. Giving the impression off to others that that person is yours. It's the "I licked it so its mine" mentality. But that's just my take on it.

Pxx

By *ensualMan
over a year ago

Sutton

I would suggest in kink/BDSM and shibari, there is a difference between gatekeeping by way of the True Scotsman logical fallacy, and pointing out there is history and context to a situation.

An example of history and context would be when a friend joined FL calling herself in her profile name "subslut" because she liked the sound of the term. She was surprised by the avalanche of sexual requests she received. I explained to her the meaning of the phrase and she immediately changed her profile name.

The "True Scotsman logical fallacy". This type of fallacy occurs when someone defends their position about a term or a group by excluding counterexamples that don’t fit their argument by saying “that person or thing isn’t a true example of X.” The classic example goes like this:

Person A: “No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.”

Person B: “But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge.”

Person A: “But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.”

Person A changes the definition of what it means to be a Scotsman to suit their argument rather than addressing Person B’s point.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I think I gatekeep myself and I've lost the fucking key

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion I'm not a gatekeeper

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Lamppost pissing I would take from my experience as leaving their mark. I've definitely been with a a couple of women with claws that fit that bill. For some reason I am now relating it to Siggy after she goes badass in Ghostbusters - maybe she warped my fragile little mind.

Anyway back to the thread. I think there was an element of lamp post pissing because my partner would say she's sending me a message there you know, cheeky bitch. Lol

But for me it's just a way to push me over the edge or switch it up.

Now the Gatekeeping, topic not sure I can cover that here it's huge and situational. Everyone has different boundaries, I think in most cases calling it gatekeeping will be an oversimplification.

Personally, I have experience sharing and with poly so in that context I am fairly clear on what I am comfortable with. If I meet someone and they are unsure of their boundaries I'm not going to start calling that Gatekeeping or whatever. Just something you need to work out through open communication. There's always the feelies factor to contend with too.

Post new Message to Thread