Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tips

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not *those* tips, you filthy beggars!

Beauty tips, life hacks. Useful things, helpful solutions.

Post them below!

If you find you only have the cord for your charger, and not the plug, you can use the usb port in a tv to charge, without.

And! Boots sells a great smoothing AHA body lotion by Revolution (other body lotions are available!). I’ve been using it for a month and my skin is much improved

Your turn….!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple3334MFCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

If you miss place your iPhone, say at home, if you say “hey siri where are you?” It reply’s I’m here!!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If you need to polish brown leather shoes and have no polish rub them with the inside of a banana skin.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

White vinegar can get rid of stubborn limescale. Leave overnight covered by a little bit of kitchen roll.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

SINGLE MEN: Convince people you have a girlfriend by standing outside Mango with bags of shopping, looking at your watch and occasionally glancing inside.

By *usman 199Man
over a year ago

Stockport

When doing a ready meal in the microwave say for instance curry and rice . When said meal has pinged , cut the container in half . Pour the rice first then curry on top . Saves you trying to scoop said rice out with a spoon it going everywhere . Thank you

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"Not *those* tips, you filthy beggars!

Beauty tips, life hacks. Useful things, helpful solutions.

Post them below!

If you find you only have the cord for your charger, and not the plug, you can use the usb port in a tv to charge, without.

And! Boots sells a great smoothing AHA body lotion by Revolution (other body lotions are available!). I’ve been using it for a month and my skin is much improved

Your turn….! "

I'll never get tired of looking at your tips

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

"SINGLE MEN: Convince people you have a girlfriend by standing outside Mango with bags of shopping, looking at your watch and occasionally glancing inside."

I can now see this being derailed by Viz top tips!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/23 12:38:18]

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Never tie a shoe lace in a revolving door.

over a year ago

Worried about the cost of living crisis? Save money at Christmas by returning last year's cards to the sender with the simple inscription "same to you".

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

A centre pull on a loo roll turns it into a tissue dispenser

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

Storing leftover cake? Place it on the lid of the Tupperware tub and the tub over the top, easier to take a slice

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

Use an old (not the one you use to brush your teeth!) toothbrush and white toothpaste to clean and brighten up white trainers

over a year ago

"When doing a ready meal in the microwave say for instance curry and rice . When said meal has pinged , cut the container in half . Pour the rice first then curry on top . Saves you trying to scoop said rice out with a spoon it going everywhere . Thank you

"

This. This is good. Why have I NEVER thought of this before?!??

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

"Use an old (not the one you use to brush your teeth!) toothbrush and white toothpaste to clean and brighten up white trainers "

Old or cheap toothbrushes are really handy in the cleaning caddy, they get around taps great and into the fridge door seal thingy too

over a year ago

"When doing a ready meal in the microwave say for instance curry and rice . When said meal has pinged , cut the container in half . Pour the rice first then curry on top . Saves you trying to scoop said rice out with a spoon it going everywhere . Thank you

This. This is good. Why have I NEVER thought of this before?!??"

Or, be an animal and just eat straight from the container

over a year ago

If you find it hard to put on false lashes. Cut them so you have 3 sections and apply them that way

By *usman 199Man
over a year ago

Stockport

This. This is good. Why have I NEVER thought of this before?!??"

always here to help. Xxx

over a year ago

"If you find it hard to put on false lashes. Cut them so you have 3 sections and apply them that way

"

Definitely trying this!

Constantly trying trying trying with falsies and then giving up, and having to scrape the glue off so I can put mascara on

over a year ago

"If you find it hard to put on false lashes. Cut them so you have 3 sections and apply them that way

Definitely trying this!

Constantly trying trying trying with falsies and then giving up, and having to scrape the glue off so I can put mascara on "

Apply the glue, bend the lash for a few seconds then leave them for the glue to go sticky (about the time it takes for a cup of coffee). Use 2 fingers to pull your eyelid straight and the lash will go on correctly and firmly first time.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

When skydiving, always remember to take your parachute

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"When skydiving, always remember to take your parachute "

A 2018 randomised controlled trial showed that parachutes make no difference to mortality or injury when jumping from a plane

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"When skydiving, always remember to take your parachute

A 2018 randomised controlled trial showed that parachutes make no difference to mortality or injury when jumping from a plane "

Really?! Well, that’s one more activity crossed right off my to do list

over a year ago

A 2018 randomised controlled trial showed that parachutes make no difference to mortality or injury when jumping from a plane "

Probably do when hitting the ground though

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

A 2018 randomised controlled trial showed that parachutes make no difference to mortality or injury when jumping from a plane

Probably do when hitting the ground though "

In this study, no

over a year ago

Pour milk over the back of a spoon when putting it on your cereal, it stops it from slashing over your work surfaces.

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

Fancy a piece of toast but no toaster or grill? Place a slice of bread on the radiator when you go to bed,wake up at 4am and turn bread over, when you wake at 8am a piece of toast will be ready mmmm

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"White vinegar can get rid of stubborn limescale. Leave overnight covered by a little bit of kitchen roll."

It’s also great for cleaning flux off gold after it’s been soldered and much easier to take in your hold luggage on flights than sulphuric acid

over a year ago

"White vinegar can get rid of stubborn limescale. Leave overnight covered by a little bit of kitchen roll."

If you need to blend in in Luton you can also wear it as aftershave

By *educing_EmCouple
over a year ago

Tipperary

If you forget your trolly token or don't have a coin a normal house key(the round top ones) work perfectly.

The little arrow beside the pump in your fuel gauge points to which side your fuel cap is on .

Put your wax melt burner in the freezer for a few mins and the old wax will pop out easily with no mess.

over a year ago

Get rid of water marks on wood by popping a cotton teatowel over it, and gently running a warm iron on the top. It'll draw the moisture out.

Pour left over flat cola down your loo, leave overnight to make it sparkle.

over a year ago

Always start with the engineering reset

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Always start with the engineering reset "

Is that a prelude to the Great Reset?

over a year ago

Definitely trying this!

Constantly trying trying trying with falsies and then giving up, and having to scrape the glue off so I can put mascara on "

Oh same! Sometimes I’m like nope, it’s not happening today… Definitely give it a go, makes it so much easier.

over a year ago

"Always start with the engineering reset

Is that a prelude to the Great Reset?"

That's scheduled for 2025

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

If you want beautiful skin and have a partner save money and use theirs it's a tip and a life hack all wrapped up in one

By *ddkkk91Man
over a year ago

fife

If you chop garlic or onions and cnt get ride of smell from your hands, use toothpaste to wash your hands.

over a year ago

"If you want beautiful skin and have a partner save money and use theirs it's a tip and a life hack all wrapped up in one "

Use their….skin?

Or moisturiser?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If you want beautiful skin and have a partner save money and use theirs it's a tip and a life hack all wrapped up in one

Use their….skin?

Or moisturiser? "

It puts the lotion on its partner's skin

over a year ago

"If you want beautiful skin and have a partner save money and use theirs it's a tip and a life hack all wrapped up in one

Use their….skin?

Or moisturiser?

It puts the lotion on its partner's skin"

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Use their….skin?

Or moisturiser? "

Whatever is easiest

By *ddkkk91Man
over a year ago

fife

Oooo use frozen grapes if you want to cool down your wine without watering it down

over a year ago

- Save on electric and water by wearing less in the house

- group showers

- food bag for slow cookers, air fryers etc

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

If you shave your bikini area, wipe over with micellar water and a cotton pad afterwards and it will make you as soft and smooth as a slippery little dolphin I use the pink Garnier one

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Put your clothes under the mattress the night before wearing them. No need to iron!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If you chop garlic or onions and cnt get ride of smell from your hands, use toothpaste to wash your hands.

"

Coffee grounds also works

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"If you chop garlic or onions and cnt get ride of smell from your hands, use toothpaste to wash your hands.

"

To prevent tears when chopping an onion, peel and halve it then briefly wash it under the cold tap. It stops the molecules of sting getting into your eyes when chopping.

By *ddkkk91Man
over a year ago

fife

Coffee grounds also works "

Didnt know this

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Use your partners shower gel,shampoo and conditioner and any other products it's a life hack if you manage to fill the bottle back up to the marks they've made and get away with it otherwise a life sentence.... But if they don't like the smell of you remind them that you've had to put up with it daily

over a year ago

"Use your partners shower gel,shampoo and conditioner and any other products it's a life hack if you manage to fill the bottle back up to the marks they've made and get away with it otherwise a life sentence.... But if they don't like the smell of you remind them that you've had to put up with it daily "

So you’re a mooch, is what you’re saying here…

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Use your partners shower gel,shampoo and conditioner and any other products it's a life hack if you manage to fill the bottle back up to the marks they've made and get away with it otherwise a life sentence.... But if they don't like the smell of you remind them that you've had to put up with it daily

So you’re a mooch, is what you’re saying here…"

Haven't we all if it's good enough for her it's not going to harm me it's like being tested on animals and humans

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Coffee grounds also works "

It also works if you rub your hands on metal. I rub mine on the kitchen tap. Don’t know how it works but it does

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Save money on dog mess bags by memorising every where he does his business then go around a month later with a an old carrier bag and a plastic glove

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Preparing a meal for that hot date you’ve been waiting ages for. Put a shower cap on, stops your hair smelling of fried onions and garlic.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Stinging nettle is great in a salad.

If you know how to prepare it

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Preparing a meal for that hot date you’ve been waiting ages for. Put a shower cap on, stops your hair smelling of fried onions and garlic. "

Is there *anything* a shower cap can’t do?

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"

The little arrow beside the pump in your fuel gauge points to which side your fuel cap is on .

"

Is that a ruse to get gullible people to look for the arrow?

I have yet to see one.

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

Rub garlic on soles of feet,in 20mins you Will taste garlic..quickly eat some toast

Cheap garlic bread

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

When buttering a roll, use the back of a spoon, not a knife

By *educing_EmCouple
over a year ago

Tipperary

"

Is that a ruse to get gullible people to look for the arrow?

I have yet to see one."

Nope it's a real thing

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Wax dripped onto fabric?

Place brown parcel paper over it, and iron on a cool setting.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

When you buy fresh herbs

Grind them preserve them either put in ice cube trays or sealed plastic tube in the freezer they'll last longer as you've stopped the aging process

Post new Message to Thread