Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Block

Jump to newest

By *migger123 OP   Man
over a year ago

f

Why do people talk to you and then just block with no word said, very rude I think. What thoughts on this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *27GrandadMan
over a year ago

colchester

Don’t know had it twice yesterday

And they massage me first

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Probably they didn't want to continue the conversation and didn't know how to say

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

normally means they are no longer interested nothing rude about it ... they dont owe you or anyone else on here anything ??

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Usually reserve it for people who've been disrespectful, too pushy or weird and are not taking no for an answer.

And will always use it for people who send unsolicited dick pics

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

You're not for them, for whatever reason and they didn't want to say, again, for whatever reason. Only they can tell you those reasons but obviously won't, which is usually where the blocked persons gripe actually lies, quite often, I think

By *migger123 OP   Man
over a year ago

f

Would understand if that was the case but just out the blue, a not for me would of been good enough manners and being polite cost nothing if I do say say so myself

over a year ago

"Why do people talk to you and then just block with no word said, very rude I think. What thoughts on this?"

My thoughts are why does every third thread started lately seem to be about this ?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Would understand if that was the case but just out the blue, a not for me would of been good enough manners and being polite cost nothing if I do say say so myself "

There are many reasons why people don't say they don't want to carry on talking. I know it's frustrating.

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

"Would understand if that was the case but just out the blue, a not for me would of been good enough manners and being polite cost nothing if I do say say so myself "

Unfortunately we don't know who has good manners and who doesn't though so going straight block is usually best for the blocker

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

It’s because they no longer wish to engage with you and blocking is quicker, easier and less uncomfortable than having to give a reason. It also prevents any awkward back and forth that often arises if you tell someone that you’re no longer interested. Try not to take it personally. On to the next

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most people are not mutually compatible with most other people. We should all expect the majority of chats to reach a dead end not a meet.

FAb rule is no reply = no interest. Blocks stop future errors of chatting again. Expect it.

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

people often join this site and its as if they feel by joining that they are owed something some want manners some even think by just joining they are going to get sex as if its 100% nailed on just sit back and wait for it to happen ... but the truth is with the swinging scene it dont matter if its online in a club or private you are owed nothing its that simple .... nobody is owed a thing ..

its those that join and are all entitled that feel they are owed everything the are owed a chat they are owed your time and they are owed sex ...entitled people never make it on this scene ..never ever

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Its a reality you have to get used to here, you're not for them just move on

over a year ago

"Why do people talk to you and then just block with no word said, very rude I think. What thoughts on this?"

Could have been a male pretending to be female

Could have been someone who enjoys a bit of chat after a few drinks, but not once sober

Could have been they decided they weren't interested after all

Who knows

over a year ago

It does make me laugh when someone blocks us. They are either fake or up themselves. Some people are just waiting for a reason be offended...

We are always polite and friendly, good mangers cost nothing, so getting blocked is merely confirming that you are not worthy of our patronage.

We have never blocked anyone. No need to really.... unless someone offensive or cruel..

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

We probably have around 20,000 on our block list.

99% will be age related and the other 1% with those that we do not want to interact with or they have earned it.

over a year ago

I do it and have done it if someone puts me off.

Some people who initially seemed great said things that then just came off as creepy so blocked.

I have said to people before, I am sorry but I don't think we should continue etc etc etc and I just get apologies and I didn't mean it, it was only a joke.I just can't be bothered having to explain myself to someone I don't even know yet. I think people need to be aware that until we have met your a total stranger and the things you say could backfire.

over a year ago

Sometimes a coupe of polite messages pass back and forth and then he says “I want to fuck you up the arse in Tesco car park whilst your husband buys my shopping”

Blocking without a reply seemed appropriate to avoid a ban for abuse.

By *ickD80Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Most likely reasons for getting blocked are you’ve said something rude, inappropriate, offensive etc or they are just bored of talking to you and don’t want to carry on talking to you.

It must happen to you a lot for you to feel the need to start a thread about it….

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

"Don’t know had it twice yesterday

And they massage me first "

This did make laugh

I’ve had this, where someone has sent me a first message, I’ve gone to reply only to find out I’ve been blocked (and I’ve not even sent one reply yet)! I just take it as a wind up and laugh it off.

By *ubbyandHisHotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Glasgowish

normally cause that’s the point the guys said something beyond disrespectful or asked me to piss in a cup for him to drink for £50

and yes i did get offered that!

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"people often join this site and its as if they feel by joining that they are owed something some want manners some even think by just joining they are going to get sex as if its 100% nailed on just sit back and wait for it to happen ... but the truth is with the swinging scene it dont matter if its online in a club or private you are owed nothing its that simple .... nobody is owed a thing ..

its those that join and are all entitled that feel they are owed everything the are owed a chat they are owed your time and they are owed sex ...entitled people never make it on this scene ..never ever"

yes and clearly as a woman on here your just gonna spread your legs cause they deemed to say “Hey” to you

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

"normally cause that’s the point the guys said something beyond disrespectful or asked me to piss in a cup for him to drink for £50

and yes i did get offered that! "

Should have just drank a glass of lime juice and taken the money!

over a year ago

"people often join this site and its as if they feel by joining that they are owed something some want manners some even think by just joining they are going to get sex as if its 100% nailed on just sit back and wait for it to happen ... but the truth is with the swinging scene it dont matter if its online in a club or private you are owed nothing its that simple .... nobody is owed a thing ..

its those that join and are all entitled that feel they are owed everything the are owed a chat they are owed your time and they are owed sex ...entitled people never make it on this scene ..never ever"

So all Swingers are rude with no manners and treat people like fuck meat, not as human beings. Lovely.

over a year ago

Were you doing sex chat? Perhaps he finished his wank or his wife came home.

By *rofessor ElementalMan
over a year ago

Durham

Totally admin fuckery just to keep responses limited by interest a thanks but no thanks is enough.

over a year ago

We only block people if they’re rude or don’t take no for an answer. It’s actually quite rare though so can’t complain really

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

We had it a few times.

Maybe fakes or timewasters. We block them back.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Because they can.

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

You're probably dodging a bullet anyway, so why worry?

over a year ago

The simple answer is this:

You’ve 3 options when you feel the conversation or interaction isn’t working out.

A) block them

B) stop talking but don’t block them

C) explain to them how you feel politely

I’m going to hazard a guess that the overwhelming majority of men would prefer option C, however, here’s what could happen if that’s what you go for:

A) you get inundated with messages apologising, begging, trying to change your mind

B) you get abuse

When I say abuse I don’t mean ‘fuck off then you slag’ I mean personally tailored abuse like ‘fuck off then you fat slag, you look like shit anyway, your tits are shit, you’re old and past it, your face is rank’.

Now here’s the problem: you don’t know what the reaction is going to be when you pick option C. You can have some polite conversation with someone who is perfectly fine just not for you and they could respond with all the abuse.

It’s not worth the risk. Not everyone can gloss over the abuse and it’s easier and safer for them to just block. I have done it. I’ve also done option C and suffered the consequences.

No, it’s not all men but I don’t know WHICH men it is do I?

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"normally cause that’s the point the guys said something beyond disrespectful or asked me to piss in a cup for him to drink for £50

and yes i did get offered that! "

Cheaper than a pint in London

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Maybe you are not as charming as you believe or they think its just boring and going nowhere so they blocked you.

I think it's fine and you need to just accept you'll never really know that reason and move on.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

and yes i did get offered that!

Cheaper than a pint in London "

I joke often as a #girlboss did i miss an enterprise right there lol

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

It's not rude, it's self preservation

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Why do people talk to you and then just block with no word said, very rude I think. What thoughts on this?

My thoughts are why does every third thread started lately seem to be about this ?"

Because men are obviously sensitive flowers

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I do it and have done it if someone puts me off.

Some people who initially seemed great said things that then just came off as creepy so blocked.

I have said to people before, I am sorry but I don't think we should continue etc etc etc and I just get apologies and I didn't mean it, it was only a joke.I just can't be bothered having to explain myself to someone I don't even know yet. I think people need to be aware that until we have met your a total stranger and the things you say could backfire. "

Well you can just move on i suppose because theirs always somebody else to move onto for a guy its not so easy

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A block isn't a personal insult. It's just another filter, albeit a permanent one.

It just means they don't want to chat anymore.

Anyone can change their mind whenever they wish.

A

over a year ago

I have said to people before, I am sorry but I don't think we should continue etc etc etc and I just get apologies and I didn't mean it, it was only a joke.I just can't be bothered having to explain myself to someone I don't even know yet. I think people need to be aware that until we have met your a total stranger and the things you say could backfire. Well you can just move on i suppose because theirs always somebody else to move onto for a guy its not so easy "

So that gives a guy a right to pester does it?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I have said to people before, I am sorry but I don't think we should continue etc etc etc and I just get apologies and I didn't mean it, it was only a joke.I just can't be bothered having to explain myself to someone I don't even know yet. I think people need to be aware that until we have met your a total stranger and the things you say could backfire. Well you can just move on i suppose because theirs always somebody else to move onto for a guy its not so easy

So that gives a guy a right to pester does it?"

oooooo do i want to....... Naaaa

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Sometimes a coupe of polite messages pass back and forth and then he says “I want to fuck you up the arse in Tesco car park whilst your husband buys my shopping”

Blocking without a reply seemed appropriate to avoid a ban for abuse. "

If he suggests Waitrose then is that ok?

over a year ago

I have said to people before, I am sorry but I don't think we should continue etc etc etc and I just get apologies and I didn't mean it, it was only a joke.I just can't be bothered having to explain myself to someone I don't even know yet. I think people need to be aware that until we have met your a total stranger and the things you say could backfire. Well you can just move on i suppose because theirs always somebody else to move onto for a guy its not so easy

So that gives a guy a right to pester does it?oooooo do i want to....... Naaaa "

Yeah go on fella come up with a legitimate argument for it

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

If you started a conversation, it's usually because of something you said that was a big turn off. I block men if they're not my type as if i don't block them, afew weeks later, they're forgetten they message you and resend that copy and paste message

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

So that gives a guy a right to pester does it?oooooo do i want to....... Naaaa

Yeah go on fella come up with a legitimate argument for it "

Naaaaaa you can't make me

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Some men get very aggressive if you tell them the truth and say you're not interested. To avoid the aggro, block is a clear sign to say you're not interested.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"The simple answer is this:

You’ve 3 options when you feel the conversation or interaction isn’t working out.

A) block them

I’m going to hazard a guess that the overwhelming majority of men would prefer option C, however, here’s what could happen if that’s what you go for:

A) you get inundated with messages apologising, begging, trying to change your mind

B) you get abuse

When I say abuse I don’t mean ‘fuck off then you slag’ I mean personally tailored abuse like ‘fuck off then you fat slag, you look like shit anyway, your tits are shit, you’re old and past it, your face is rank’.

Now here’s the problem: you don’t know what the reaction is going to be when you pick option C. You can have some polite conversation with someone who is perfectly fine just not for you and they could respond with all the abuse.

It’s not worth the risk. Not everyone can gloss over the abuse and it’s easier and safer for them to just block. I have done it. I’ve also done option C and suffered the consequences.

No, it’s not all men but I don’t know WHICH men it is do I? "

Exactly...plus we get this at least 20 and sometimes over 100 of these messages a day. It gets exhausting and draining. Block is your friend

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Yeah go on fella come up with a legitimate argument for it "

Ok then so you're attracted to one another thats already been established you sent pics face pics, you've been chatting for what seems like ever, having a laugh etc places you wanna go etc etc you're both with the National trust and go to similar places, you've had the odd sexy conversation then bam wham thankyou sam

over a year ago

If they are local to you maybe they recognised you

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"If they are local to you maybe they recognised you "
oh yes theirs that i had that the other day started talking to a woman looked at her pics and there was my paddleboard

over a year ago

Yeah go on fella come up with a legitimate argument for it Ok then so you're attracted to one another thats already been established you sent pics face pics, you've been chatting for what seems like ever, having a laugh etc places you wanna go etc etc you're both with the National trust and go to similar places, you've had the odd sexy conversation then bam wham thankyou sam "

So what it is what it is is it not?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Yeah go on fella come up with a legitimate argument for it Ok then so you're attracted to one another thats already been established you sent pics face pics, you've been chatting for what seems like ever, having a laugh etc places you wanna go etc etc you're both with the National trust and go to similar places, you've had the odd sexy conversation then bam wham thankyou sam

So what it is what it is is it not?"

No and the example given gives substance to my already plausible argument don't you think, sometimes an explanation would be nice, then a block

over a year ago

Yeah go on fella come up with a legitimate argument for it Ok then so you're attracted to one another thats already been established you sent pics face pics, you've been chatting for what seems like ever, having a laugh etc places you wanna go etc etc you're both with the National trust and go to similar places, you've had the odd sexy conversation then bam wham thankyou sam

So what it is what it is is it not?No and the example given gives substance to my already plausible argument don't you think, sometimes an explanation would be nice, then a block "

No it gives no substance to anything. Your feelings are no more important than anyone else’s. You might like an explanation, she might like not risking abuse

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

So what it is what it is is it not?No and the example given gives substance to my already plausible argument don't you think, sometimes an explanation would be nice, then a block

No it gives no substance to anything. Your feelings are no more important than anyone else’s. You might like an explanation, she might like not risking abuse "

No you missed my point give a short explanation then block

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

So what it is what it is is it not?No and the example given gives substance to my already plausible argument don't you think, sometimes an explanation would be nice, then a block

No it gives no substance to anything. Your feelings are no more important than anyone else’s. You might like an explanation, she might like not risking abuse "

And my feelings should be uppermost

over a year ago

No it gives no substance to anything. Your feelings are no more important than anyone else’s. You might like an explanation, she might like not risking abuse No you missed my point give a short explanation then block "

Yeah but why? They don’t owe anyone anything

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

No it gives no substance to anything. Your feelings are no more important than anyone else’s. You might like an explanation, she might like not risking abuse No you missed my point give a short explanation then block

Yeah but why? They don’t owe anyone anything "

Politeness a sense of understanding all that went before

over a year ago

No it gives no substance to anything. Your feelings are no more important than anyone else’s. You might like an explanation, she might like not risking abuse No you missed my point give a short explanation then block

Yeah but why? They don’t owe anyone anything Politeness a sense of understanding all that went before "

So you’re saying a polite explanation then a block is the way to go?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Yeah but why? They don’t owe anyone anything Politeness a sense of understanding all that went before

So you’re saying a polite explanation then a block is the way to go?"

In the instance i gave yes but to the rude and lewd no and also to the couples, say where the woman picks who they meet as soon as she looks at pic and says no block

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Yeah but why? They don’t owe anyone anything Politeness a sense of understanding all that went before

So you’re saying a polite explanation then a block is the way to go?"

different coarses for different horses

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

I talk to people and hardly get blocked lol most just leave the site

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Well said!

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

"The simple answer is this:

A) block them

B) you get abuse

No, it’s not all men but I don’t know WHICH men it is do I? "

Exactly this!

over a year ago

"Sometimes a coupe of polite messages pass back and forth and then he says “I want to fuck you up the arse in Tesco car park whilst your husband buys my shopping”

Blocking without a reply seemed appropriate to avoid a ban for abuse. "

Did they want too many items for the ten or less queue?

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Just block back op and move on.

Post new Message to Thread