Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Depression

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know I'm not the only one to be inflicted with the old black dog. I have no idea why I'm at such a low, I was doing great last year lost 2 stone and felt really good about myself. Then bang, like a horrible bolt out of the blue I've become ridiculously sad. I have high blood pressure, piled the two stone plus back on, suffer erection problems, feel knackered constantly. I don't even know why I'm posting to the forum, as I'm pretty much anonymous to the majority. However in the past I've found on the whole fabbers are a great bunch.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope you manage to climb your way out. It's difficult.

over a year ago

"I hope you manage to climb your way out. It's difficult. "

Thank you x

By *mo512Man
over a year ago

LONDON

One step after another.

One hour after another.

You'll find your way through.

You've done it before

You can do it again

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Hang in there.

That black dog likes to go for walks in circles sometimes and comes back around.

Remember your previous coping strategies and if they don't work, talk to someone professional, please xx

By *eschef81Man
over a year ago

sutton

I feel like crap sometimes and always feel knwlacjered and can't lose weight. I also think that the winter months are depressing. Do you take vitamin D tablets as they help with tiredness. I have to force myself out the front door to go for a walk or go for a ride on my bike but once I'm out then its happy days why didn't I do this earlier

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Hi op. Are you getting professional help. There are organisations that you can self refer too or your gp can give you a list. Good luck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm not saying this to trivialise your feelings but a lot of people have these days.

I think a lot think they're alone in feeling like that as all they see is people laughing and enjoying life. Some people just hide it well.

I don't know what works for you but maybe focus on getting back to where you were. Go outside. Talk. Think about the positives in your life, we all have them. We do!

Those kinda days do pass.

over a year ago

Drink lots of water. Get some exercise every day. Stop eating shit. Force yourself to do this. You got this op, have faith

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

Hold tight and when that sun comes out and temperatures rise get out in the sun even if it's to a local park with a mate and let the rays give you that vitamin d, your be surprised how many perk up when the sun and heat arrive.

By *ld StrumpetWoman
over a year ago

Telford

My inbox is open if you ever need to chat. Xx

over a year ago

Thank you all xx

over a year ago

That's the thing about depression, it's a life sentence. It never truly goes away and will come around again at some point. The longer you have it and understand your triggers, the easier it is to deal with.

Don't fight feeling sad, people see this as a negative thing and it's just your body dealing with the emotions it needs to. There's so much pressure on us all to be 'happy' all the time but sometimes it's fine to have bad days. It's fine to take time for yourself, not do anything and not be around people. Feeling is self care and you need it to heal.

Otherwise the best ways to cope is to find ways that help you. Whether it be exercise, doing something creative, keeping a diary, talking to people or just plain slobbing out in front of the TV. Whatever helps take time out in that moment, just do it. Don't feel pressurised to feel happier, it will happen naturally.

Remember there's always sunshine after the rain

By *heoneandonlyEJCouple
over a year ago

Tenerife baby

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? It’s a thing. Sending hugs x

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

There's also a guy on here who posts like you in forums, but can't remember his name but he deals in issues like this and has a blog I believe on setbacks like this, but as you can see your getting a lot of advice, stay strong fella things will improve again like before

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Drink lots of water. Get some exercise every day. Stop eating shit. Force yourself to do this. You got this op, have faith "

There's a lot of truth on this. A lot of the simple wellbeing choices like diet, exercise and sleep can have a huge boost.

Also try and quot alcohol (it's a depressant) and caffeine (it mimics amxiety) as both can be beneficial.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? It’s a thing. Sending hugs x"

Weirdly after a realky rough few months blood tests found this and taking a supplement has made a huge difference

over a year ago

Massive thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. I'll seek as much professional help as possible and get out in the sunshine,get some exercise and cut down on the pork life

over a year ago

"Drink lots of water. Get some exercise every day. Stop eating shit. Force yourself to do this. You got this op, have faith

There's a lot of truth on this. A lot of the simple wellbeing choices like diet, exercise and sleep can have a huge boost.

Also try and quot alcohol (it's a depressant) and caffeine (it mimics amxiety) as both can be beneficial.

"

I don't drink much alcohol, but hit the caffeine hard especially when at work. I'll try cutting down on this, if I can manage the headaches

over a year ago

Speaking only for myself , as a sumo sized agoraphobic for 5 years I've been pushing myself to go out. I'm shit scared to the point of dizziness but The fresh air and movement has really made a difference. Look for something to do that's outside, don't get to the point where you stay in to avoid.

That's just my opinion xx

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

As others have said worth getting bloods done ask for hormones done as well as part of bloods a lot of depression in men is misdiagnosed and is actually declining testosterone levels they treat the depression with meds but the root cause is never actually addressed.

over a year ago

"As others have said worth getting bloods done ask for hormones done as well as part of bloods a lot of depression in men is misdiagnosed and is actually declining testosterone levels they treat the depression with meds but the root cause is never actually addressed. "

I was diagnosed with low testosterone a few years ago, I was under an endocrinologist, but missed an appointment due to being in hospital with pneumonia. I've been back to the Dr and he reckons my testosterone levels are normal now. However it may be an avenue worth looking at again. Cheers

over a year ago

"Speaking only for myself , as a sumo sized agoraphobic for 5 years I've been pushing myself to go out. I'm shit scared to the point of dizziness but The fresh air and movement has really made a difference. Look for something to do that's outside, don't get to the point where you stay in to avoid.

That's just my opinion xx"

Thank you, I get out in the sun a bit with work. But I don't know if it's the extra weight or what, but I just feel like a slug on toast or a piece of gum that's been out in the heat too long. I'm going to push myself to do more even if just walking. And by the way, you look very nice I hope your anxieties soon subside so others may basque in your radiance

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

"As others have said worth getting bloods done ask for hormones done as well as part of bloods a lot of depression in men is misdiagnosed and is actually declining testosterone levels they treat the depression with meds but the root cause is never actually addressed.

I was diagnosed with low testosterone a few years ago, I was under an endocrinologist, but missed an appointment due to being in hospital with pneumonia. I've been back to the Dr and he reckons my testosterone levels are normal now. However it may be an avenue worth looking at again. Cheers "

Definitely worth getting checked again mate, testosterone replacement is still in the stone ages here some doctors are better than others but many are still reluctant to prescribe testosterone ask for a copy of your results so can see for self what levels are. Low testosterone is horrible mate no man should have to live with it as well as improving mood getting on trt will make loosing weight and staying in shape easier, more energy ect it really is a life changer

over a year ago

"

My inbox is open if you ever need to chat. Xx"

Thank you so much x

over a year ago

"As others have said worth getting bloods done ask for hormones done as well as part of bloods a lot of depression in men is misdiagnosed and is actually declining testosterone levels they treat the depression with meds but the root cause is never actually addressed.

I was diagnosed with low testosterone a few years ago, I was under an endocrinologist, but missed an appointment due to being in hospital with pneumonia. I've been back to the Dr and he reckons my testosterone levels are normal now. However it may be an avenue worth looking at again. Cheers

Definitely worth getting checked again mate, testosterone replacement is still in the stone ages here some doctors are better than others but many are still reluctant to prescribe testosterone ask for a copy of your results so can see for self what levels are. Low testosterone is horrible mate no man should have to live with it as well as improving mood getting on trt will make loosing weight and staying in shape easier, more energy ect it really is a life changer "

I was prescribed t-gel, which didn't appear to be having the desired effect. I was told by my GP that I would be having injections if there wasn't improvement. He promised me I'd feel like a new man, a lot has happened since then, and I'm no longer under the same GP. But I think this could possibly be a big factor in my recent downturn in mood

over a year ago

"Speaking only for myself , as a sumo sized agoraphobic for 5 years I've been pushing myself to go out. I'm shit scared to the point of dizziness but The fresh air and movement has really made a difference. Look for something to do that's outside, don't get to the point where you stay in to avoid.

Thank you, I get out in the sun a bit with work. But I don't know if it's the extra weight or what, but I just feel like a slug on toast or a piece of gum that's been out in the heat too long. I'm going to push myself to do more even if just walking. And by the way, you look very nice I hope your anxieties soon subside so others may basque in your radiance "

Come on people basque in my radiance....where are they lol

That's very kind sir but enough about me. This is your thread xx

By *cottish guy 555Man
over a year ago

London

You are not alone my friend. Lots of good advice here. I wish you well

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Definitely worth getting checked again mate, testosterone replacement is still in the stone ages here some doctors are better than others but many are still reluctant to prescribe testosterone ask for a copy of your results so can see for self what levels are. Low testosterone is horrible mate no man should have to live with it as well as improving mood getting on trt will make loosing weight and staying in shape easier, more energy ect it really is a life changer

I was prescribed t-gel, which didn't appear to be having the desired effect. I was told by my GP that I would be having injections if there wasn't improvement. He promised me I'd feel like a new man, a lot has happened since then, and I'm no longer under the same GP. But I think this could possibly be a big factor in my recent downturn in mood"

It almost certainly will be a massive factor mate the injections are far more effective id definitely ask to be refered to endocrinologist again and go from there mate. I hope you get sorted soon mate I really do I’ve been there myself and low testosterone is horrible I had to come off trt for a bit last year and all I wanted to do was cry the first few months

over a year ago

Thank you, I get out in the sun a bit with work. But I don't know if it's the extra weight or what, but I just feel like a slug on toast or a piece of gum that's been out in the heat too long. I'm going to push myself to do more even if just walking. And by the way, you look very nice I hope your anxieties soon subside so others may basque in your radiance

Come on people basque in my radiance....where are they lol

That's very kind sir but enough about me. This is your thread xx

"

I am happy to have this thread for anyone who is feeling down, I'm a good listener and good at giving advice usually. Just crap at following my own lol xx

By *uicy 2020Woman
over a year ago

London

"There's also a guy on here who posts like you in forums, but can't remember his name but he deals in issues like this and has a blog I believe on setbacks like this, but as you can see your getting a lot of advice, stay strong fella things will improve again like before "

I hope he doesnt mind me saying, but I believe you mean ArtyIan. Theres a current thread he started about self confidence and body issues. Im sure he will be happy to send you a link to his blog.

Just remember that you are most definitely not alone. There are quite regularly threads on MH here. It can be easier to talk openly to strangers online sometimes, and there are plenty of people here who will listen and not judge.

Sending hugs x

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"There's also a guy on here who posts like you in forums, but can't remember his name but he deals in issues like this and has a blog I believe on setbacks like this, but as you can see your getting a lot of advice, stay strong fella things will improve again like before

I hope he doesnt mind me saying, but I believe you mean ArtyIan. Theres a current thread he started about self confidence and body issues. Im sure he will be happy to send you a link to his blog.

Just remember that you are most definitely not alone. There are quite regularly threads on MH here. It can be easier to talk openly to strangers online sometimes, and there are plenty of people here who will listen and not judge.

Sending hugs x "

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"

My inbox is open if you ever need to chat. Xx

Thank you so much x"

A lovely gesture. X

OP, I hope you're in a better place soon.

By *oomerangbobMan
over a year ago

stanhope

It will be temporary, hang on in there

By *heoneandonlyEJCouple
over a year ago

Tenerife baby

"Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? It’s a thing. Sending hugs x

Weirdly after a realky rough few months blood tests found this and taking a supplement has made a huge difference"

My friend was the same, huge difference

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Op it's much easier to open up on here than it is in real life sometimes. Lots of lovely people on here with experience. I talk far more about my mental health on here than I do in real life apart than to professionals.

Just a thought is there any local mental health support groups in your area

over a year ago

"Op it's much easier to open up on here than it is in real life sometimes. Lots of lovely people on here with experience. I talk far more about my mental health on here than I do in real life apart than to professionals.

Just a thought is there any local mental health support groups in your area"

Fab place is supportive place

But better talking to professional

over a year ago

OP, I feel like a slug on toast too at times (love that mental picture!).

Sometimes everything weighs you down. Other, wiser posters have suggested talking to a professional, if you can afford it, a psychotherapist is great. But if not, the nhs does free online therapy in a lot of areas now, Google ‘ieso nhs’.

Someone (Hippychick, if you’re reading this, thank you x) told me to try journaling, and it really helped me.

I hope things change for you, very soon. Hang in there xx

over a year ago

Hello OP, and anyone else who is feeling blue. Sometimes just knowing that other people feel the same way helps a little, I think? That you're not alone, and that others struggle. I had a bout of depression last year that was quite severe, and counselling did help. But it was also forcing myself to do little things every day that I could feel pleased with and proud of. A walk, cleaning a cupboard, making a phone call.

I'm sure little by little, you will get out of this black cloud again.

over a year ago

"I know I'm not the only one to be inflicted with the old black dog. I have no idea why I'm at such a low, I was doing great last year lost 2 stone and felt really good about myself. Then bang, like a horrible bolt out of the blue I've become ridiculously sad. I have high blood pressure, piled the two stone plus back on, suffer erection problems, feel knackered constantly. I don't even know why I'm posting to the forum, as I'm pretty much anonymous to the majority. However in the past I've found on the whole fabbers are a great bunch. "

OP - echoing other people's comments on here. Try to work out what your triggers are, what coping strategies worked for you previously and reach out for professional help if you need to.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I feel for you - I really do.

Depression is one of those things that doesn't tend to show on the outside no matter how much it's tearing you apart on the inside. I suppose it's not helped either by the habit so many of us have of painting on a cheerful mask. It's not just in the mind either, sometimes beating you down physically and tearing you open as if it's bursting out of you. I have synesthesia - it's as though it's boiling out of the pores of my hands and fingers and aching all up my arms when it's bad. But it does pass.

I hope you find your path to recovery and happiness once again. Big hugs mate.

over a year ago

"I know I'm not the only one to be inflicted with the old black dog. I have no idea why I'm at such a low, I was doing great last year lost 2 stone and felt really good about myself. Then bang, like a horrible bolt out of the blue I've become ridiculously sad. I have high blood pressure, piled the two stone plus back on, suffer erection problems, feel knackered constantly. I don't even know why I'm posting to the forum, as I'm pretty much anonymous to the majority. However in the past I've found on the whole fabbers are a great bunch. "

I feel we have something of a similar journey

In a little over 14 months, I have lost both my parents, I have lost and re-gained almost 4 stones and have been faced with a variety of health issues

My self confidence has waned to a level that has surprised even me

I suffer (albeit minor) panics over the slightest of things

My sleeping pattern has altered quite dramatically

Most days are good, but some are absolutely awful

I do, however, fight it

I get up every day and go to work

At weekend, I get up and do things rather than sit in the house

If things are really bad, I just take myself off to bed and relax

I understand that this approach won't work for everyone, but I find keeping yourself busy, be it in body or mind, really does help

Also, knowing yourself and your limits help

Sometimes you need those days in bed

By *aui.Man
over a year ago

around here

I feel you buddy. I know what it's like to have that dark mother fucker lurking around each corner waiting to ambush you.

It may be raining now but you will feel the sun on your back again. You've gotta keep moving forward though or it'll pin you down. Stay strong, there is support out there for you.

over a year ago

"Drink lots of water. Get some exercise every day. Stop eating shit. Force yourself to do this. You got this op, have faith

I don't drink much alcohol, but hit the caffeine hard especially when at work. I'll try cutting down on this, if I can manage the headaches"

Cutting out caffeine helped me enormously x Also Pilates is great for gentle exercise and mindfulness x not just for girls xx please don’t suffer in silence x posting this was really brave and I’m really hoping you can post a follow up in a few weeks to let us know how you’re getting on x

over a year ago

Exercise, start off small go for walks, aim for at least half an hour, do it every evening, can you join a gym? If you can start small go little and often, the mentality you need is ‘I see the depression’ and take small chunks out of it, you can do this, once you start doing exercise start looking and I only said looking at your diet, food is massive when it comes to helping you recover, once again don’t go mad, you aren’t looking for wholesale changes but gradual incremental improvements, summer is coming and that means outside is more enticing, if you have a garden spend time sorting it in the sun, works wonders, I know all this sounds a bit condescending and trust me when people told me all I could think was fuck off but little imagine start adding up, I’m fit, healthy, have learned to read better as I’m dyslexic, find more stuff you love, podcasts anything, depression is also a subconscious reaction to you not being who you want to be so listen to your heart, do you fancy getting fitter? Do it, do you fancy being more well read? Do it, I did and I’m living testimony I’ve seen how dark things can go for me I hope you can climb out of it yourself OP we are all here for you, stay strong x

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

I hope I don't sound insensitive but I have weight struggles and moto is eat shit feel like shit

You said you lost 2st so restart that diet if it worked before

over a year ago

"Hang in there.

That black dog likes to go for walks in circles sometimes and comes back around.

Remember your previous coping strategies and if they don't work, talk to someone professional, please xx"

I second this. Hang in there OP. You’re definitely not alone and people care. I know it’s easier said than done but ask for help if you need it

By *ames stoneMan
over a year ago

bristol

What if there’s nobody to care if you live or die nothing holding you how do I get past myself how do I go on if I leave my biggest problem is still there it’s me I can’t be happy because I am me

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"What if there’s nobody to care if you live or die nothing holding you how do I get past myself how do I go on if I leave my biggest problem is still there it’s me I can’t be happy because I am me"
There is usually a local crisis line you can ring they are fantastic. If you ring your doctors out of hours there is usually crisis line they give you or you can ring the samaritans there is always someone out there that cares

over a year ago

"What if there’s nobody to care if you live or die nothing holding you how do I get past myself how do I go on if I leave my biggest problem is still there it’s me I can’t be happy because I am me"

Google Bristol support groups x

By *ames stoneMan
over a year ago

bristol

"What if there’s nobody to care if you live or die nothing holding you how do I get past myself how do I go on if I leave my biggest problem is still there it’s me I can’t be happy because I am meThere is usually a local crisis line you can ring they are fantastic. If you ring your doctors out of hours there is usually crisis line they give you or you can ring the samaritans there is always someone out there that cares"

There’s no one left I am so scared of dying lol that’s the thing I can’t keep going like this but I can’t do anything else I only hurt people that I come into contact with I will myself to die but it doesn’t happen I just hope my body gives up

By *ames stoneMan
over a year ago

bristol

I shouldn’t of stop taking my pills should I

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

"What if there’s nobody to care if you live or die nothing holding you how do I get past myself how do I go on if I leave my biggest problem is still there it’s me I can’t be happy because I am meThere is usually a local crisis line you can ring they are fantastic. If you ring your doctors out of hours there is usually crisis line they give you or you can ring the samaritans there is always someone out there that cares

There’s no one left I am so scared of dying lol that’s the thing I can’t keep going like this but I can’t do anything else I only hurt people that I come into contact with I will myself to die but it doesn’t happen I just hope my body gives up "

Contact shout,they help me when I'm in a scary mindset

over a year ago

Give Andy’s man club a google

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"What if there’s nobody to care if you live or die nothing holding you how do I get past myself how do I go on if I leave my biggest problem is still there it’s me I can’t be happy because I am meThere is usually a local crisis line you can ring they are fantastic. If you ring your doctors out of hours there is usually crisis line they give you or you can ring the samaritans there is always someone out there that cares

There’s no one left I am so scared of dying lol that’s the thing I can’t keep going like this but I can’t do anything else I only hurt people that I come into contact with I will myself to die but it doesn’t happen I just hope my body gives up "

There is always someone to help. If you want to pm.me I will stay up for while

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I shouldn’t of stop taking my pills should I "
No some people need medi Tion

By *ust JuicyWoman
over a year ago

east london

That black dog will wander off again although I know from experience it won’t feel like it atm

My advice is small steps ….cut back on the coffee rather than try to give it up etc

Look after yourself - reach out to friends / family and people on fabs ??

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon, OP. Loads of good advice above which I won't be able to better.

But one thing I picked up on in your post - you're NOT anonymous. I know it might feel like that for all of us at times, but I hope it doesn't sound patronising for me to say you are definitely not, and not just because of this thread.

over a year ago

Once again a massive thank you to all who have replied here or in private. You are all diamonds, some rough, some crazy, but you all shine on

By *hinyRavensWingMan
over a year ago

Hastings

I hear you bud. I feel it it as well. But I find comfort knowing I’m not alone with this affliction. I think anyone would have to be mad not to be at least a little depressed with the state of the world.

But I find just going for a walk helps. Making eye contact with people I pass and giving a smile or a nod helps me tremendously.

Being friendly to the shop clerk that’s having a shitty day helps both of us.

Sounds silly but listening to the birds helps.

Try and do a little bit more every day and things seem a bit better.

As you can see by this thread, you are not alone.

over a year ago

If we all in the same boat then let’s all row together ! …

By *ackandJill1Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

Hi OP,

I have suffered from seasonal depression for decades. In Oct 2019 I was diagnosed with folic acid deficiency anemia and was proscribed 5mg folic acid daily an unintentional benefit of taking this was my depression lifted

3 winters where I haven't hibernated, honestly I cannot believe it, nothing else has changed in my life except these tablets. I would tell anyone male or female to give them a try!!!

over a year ago

"Hi OP,

I have suffered from seasonal depression for decades. In Oct 2019 I was diagnosed with folic acid deficiency anemia and was proscribed 5mg folic acid daily an unintentional benefit of taking this was my depression lifted

3 winters where I haven't hibernated, honestly I cannot believe it, nothing else has changed in my life except these tablets. I would tell anyone male or female to give them a try!!!"

Weirdly I have just been told my folic acid is too high after going on supplements as my diet is poor due to mh issues. Have not noticed the same impact but glad something worked for you

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

[Removed by poster at 22/04/23 22:46:16]

By *ackandJill1Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

"Hi OP,

3 winters where I haven't hibernated, honestly I cannot believe it, nothing else has changed in my life except these tablets. I would tell anyone male or female to give them a try!!!

Weirdly I have just been told my folic acid is too high after going on supplements as my diet is poor due to mh issues. Have not noticed the same impact but glad something worked for you "

Oh no, I was convinced this must be some too basic to notice treatment. What a shame, I really hope you do manage to find what works for you.

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I’m sorry to hear this OP, I’m not going to give you advice as there have been some really useful comments on here for you (and of course others that have posted with their troubles). But just wanted to say - Keep up the fight

over a year ago

"Hi OP,

3 winters where I haven't hibernated, honestly I cannot believe it, nothing else has changed in my life except these tablets. I would tell anyone male or female to give them a try!!!"

This is great. May look into this for myself x

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Good luck to everyone who has depression.

Take care of yourselves x

over a year ago

Keep going my friend,I'm only a PM away if you fancy a chat

over a year ago

"Hi OP,

Weirdly I have just been told my folic acid is too high after going on supplements as my diet is poor due to mh issues. Have not noticed the same impact but glad something worked for you

Oh no, I was convinced this must be some too basic to notice treatment. What a shame, I really hope you do manage to find what works for you."

Thanks but there is a big test to come shortly

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Op. Don't give up. I have severe mental health problems. I realised a couple of weeks a go I've been under a psychiatrist for 4o years without a break. I've spent quite a lot of time in mental health units. But.that isn't always the way forward now adays

.Christmas 2021 I tried to take my own life and was in hospital for 10 days. When I came out they referred me to the crisis team who where in touch every day they then referred me to another team and so on. I now have to support workers along with my psychiatrist It's not a quick and easy journey but if you start of seeking help.it will come but it takes time. Good luck

over a year ago

"Op. Don't give up. I have severe mental health problems. I realised a couple of weeks a go I've been under a psychiatrist for 4o years without a break. I've spent quite a lot of time in mental health units. But.that isn't always the way forward now adays

.Christmas 2021 I tried to take my own life and was in hospital for 10 days. When I came out they referred me to the crisis team who where in touch every day they then referred me to another team and so on. I now have to support workers along with my psychiatrist It's not a quick and easy journey but if you start of seeking help.it will come but it takes time. Good luck"

Glad you survived and getting the help you need.

I was assessed and told did not need help, then tried to end it and couple of years later was again told did not need help.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Op. Don't give up. I have severe mental health problems. I realised a couple of weeks a go I've been under a psychiatrist for 4o years without a break. I've spent quite a lot of time in mental health units. But.that isn't always the way forward now adays

.Christmas 2021 I tried to take my own life and was in hospital for 10 days. When I came out they referred me to the crisis team who where in touch every day they then referred me to another team and so on. I now have to support workers along with my psychiatrist It's not a quick and easy journey but if you start of seeking help.it will come but it takes time. Good luck

I was assessed and told did not need help, then tried to end it and couple of years later was again told did not need help. "

That's terrible. did they not automatically put you in touch with the crisis team

over a year ago

I was assessed and told did not need help, then tried to end it and couple of years later was again told did not need help. That's terrible. did they not automatically put you in touch with the crisis team"

After being assessed and told did not need that level of help, I was offered a couple of cbt sessions through local gp. Told them about the attempt but effectively left to my own devices shortly after that.

Eventually sorted some therapy through a local charity. Think the issue is as I can seem to go about day to day activities okish while regularly thinking of ending it(passive suicidal) I am deemed not to need crisis team or regular support.

Post new Message to Thread