Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pecking Orders

Jump to newest

By *bi Haive OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Off the back of a recently '175'd' thread.....

My take - they only exist if you let them. Why? Let me explain my view.

Any pecking order, league table, clique, or whatever 'scale' you choose to use to attempt to classify groups on Fab only works if you allow it to in your own head.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

If you view yourself, your gender, your age, your height/weight/cock size/boob size, your sexuality, your preferences or whatever specific trait or characteristic as being beneath someone else, of lesser importance or value than them....then you're right and that will be the case.

If you choose the positive path and consider yourself equal to all, of the same worth and importance, then guess what........you're right and that too will be the case.

You may not see it. You may not always feel it. But the guaranteed way to perpetuate the myths of Fab that some are more important and of greater worth than others is to choose to reinforce that message with your own actions and behaviour.

Playing the victim, blaming others for any lack of success and putting any negative experiences down to some fabled hierarchy of status is a really convenient excuse and rationale to choose to adopt to apportion blame.

It's much easier to blame the site, other users, fictitious illuminati cliques and specific groups than to look inwards.

Why be positive and look for opportunities and alternative approaches when it's so much easier to blame 'the system' and apply fault to things apparently beyond your control?

Own your Fab life. Make your own decisions, choose your own path, decide your own preferences and you'll generally be both more successful and less frustrated.

Or don't. It's the choice of the individual as to whether to be positive or negative. It's on you. Nobody else.

Everyone is equal. Until you allow yourself not to be.

A

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I’d message you but you’re way out of my league

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

So...confirmation bias?

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve been rating and categorising forumers by how long their posts are.

By *bi Haive OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I’d message you but you’re way out of my league "

Now if only you had a cock......

A

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"So...confirmation bias?"

Something like that

By *londebiguyMan
over a year ago

Southport

"Off the back of a recently '175'd' thread.....

Any pecking order, league table, clique, or whatever 'scale' you choose to use to attempt to classify groups on Fab only works if you allow it to in your own head.

If you view yourself, your gender, your age, your height/weight/cock size/boob size, your sexuality, your preferences or whatever specific trait or characteristic as being beneath someone else, of lesser importance or value than them....then you're right and that will be the case.

If you choose the positive path and consider yourself equal to all, of the same worth and importance, then guess what........you're right and that too will be the case.

You may not see it. You may not always feel it. But the guaranteed way to perpetuate the myths of Fab that some are more important and of greater worth than others is to choose to reinforce that message with your own actions and behaviour.

Playing the victim, blaming others for any lack of success and putting any negative experiences down to some fabled hierarchy of status is a really convenient excuse and rationale to choose to adopt to apportion blame.

It's much easier to blame the site, other users, fictitious illuminati cliques and specific groups than to look inwards.

Why be positive and look for opportunities and alternative approaches when it's so much easier to blame 'the system' and apply fault to things apparently beyond your control?

Own your Fab life. Make your own decisions, choose your own path, decide your own preferences and you'll generally be both more successful and less frustrated.

Or don't. It's the choice of the individual as to whether to be positive or negative. It's on you. Nobody else.

A"

I totally agree.

I joined the sites for an added extra to my life not the whole centre of it.

I accept that everyone is not for me and I'm not for them so I have no set expectations at all.

I just enjoy the conversations and sometimes the company of the people that I click with.

Just as I would in any situation in life.

The ones that are your people are the best ones to meet... never try to force anything.

By *londebiguyMan
over a year ago

Southport

"I’ve been rating and categorising forumers by how long their posts are."

A fine and commendable past time.

By *eedsanewusernameMan
over a year ago

Mainly under the bed...

?

By *bi Haive OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

An alternative to doing it by how long their knobs are I suppose.

A

*or by how close their nipples are to their knees.......

over a year ago

Glasgow

"?"

It was a joke about the very long first post.

I’ll get my coat.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"I’ve been rating and categorising forumers by how long their posts are.

A

*or by how close their nipples are to their knees....... "

Don't saggy boob shame. That's mean.

By *bi Haive OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I’ve been rating and categorising forumers by how long their posts are.

A

*or by how close their nipples are to their knees.......

Don't saggy boob shame. That's mean."

I meant the men, obvs.......

A

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Totally agree OP.

I'm in

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

A"

yes but you seem an intelligent guy confidence on the part of the female or the male comes into play and many have low self worth, I'm with you i view myself as everyones equal but most people don't and thats where pecking order comes into play, if say for example you are an extremely attractive women but with low self worth you will still be very successful here, if you are a female who is extremely attractive and a high self worth unattainable comes to mind and if you are a female you'll do ok regardless of looks, if you are a male abs tattoos and a beard and up yourself you'll do ok if youre a male and young 25 to 35 you'll do ok, if youre a good looking male with middling self worth or if you're just a male its not easy here, thats what i mean about pecking order and you know that, especially as you say you are a couple you will have the pick of the bunch, you can make demands, you can show pics if you want to etc etc

over a year ago

I agree, OP. We see what we want to see. Perception is everything.

BUT I suppose I *would* say that

By *bi Haive OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Ayes but you seem an intelligent guy confidence on the part of the female or the male comes into play and many have low self worth, I'm with you i view myself as everyones equal but most people don't and thats where pecking order comes into play, if say for example you are an extremely attractive women but with low self worth you will still be very successful here, if you are a female who is extremely attractive and a high self worth unattainable comes to mind and if you are a female you'll do ok regardless of looks, if you are a male abs tattoos and a beard and up yourself you'll do ok if youre a male and young 25 to 35 you'll do ok, if youre a good looking male with middling self worth or if you're just a male its not easy here, thats what i mean about pecking order and you know that, especially as you say you are a couple you will have the pick of the bunch, you can make demands, you can show pics if you want to etc etc "

I hear you.....but I disagree.

Any pecking order is an artificial construct based on your own perception.

I couldn't give a fuck how attractive women are. We're not here for them so it's irrelevant.

Likewise the comment about physique. I'm hardly a gym fit, 6 packed 30 something. Never have been. Yet I managed to get together with Fox on Fab, build a relationship and get married, and continue Fab life as a couple.

I've known people of all shapes, ages and sizes enjoy Fab life without the need to rant and rave about being lesser beings than others and a lower class of fabber.

Just be positive. The biggest issue isn't always low self esteem or personal confidence issues. It's unrealistic expectations of what the site can do for people and as soon as the sex doesn't start flooding in then it's far easier to blame the site than anything else.

People see others meeting and enjoying fab life and start resenting them rather than trying to work out why they're not having the same experience.

Others take things way too seriously and that's when frustration and resentment start to fester.

A

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

"

if you are a female you'll do ok regardless of looks, "

I realise I'm taking a tiny piece of your reply, but it is the bit that applies to me, as I'm not an extremely attractive woman, nor a man, nor a couple.

This reads like the issue that every woman who isn't model perfect (and some who are) has with the people who contact them on fab. That "who gives a fuck what you look like, as long as you're female, I'll fuck you anyway and you should be grateful".

Not all women on fab are "successful" on fab. Neither are all couples, nor are all of any demographic. When will people stop assuming that it's just single men who have a "lack of success" on fab for crying out loud?

over a year ago

"?

It was a joke about the very long first post.

I’ll get my coat."

Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I'm 58 not 28 so I've never viewed this site as a place to be competitive.

I'm not even in competition with all the other 58 year old men.

I'm not even in competition with myself to be fair.

I've been accused of whataboutery on here numerous times when all I've been asking for is balance.

I don't see fab as as a game of Donkey Slong having to get through various levels.

I expect people to speak to me as an equal.

I'm not a doormat or a professional penis.

My face is up here btw....

I've been accused of being in a clique with people I've never spoken to even directly through the forums.

I've been accused of being popular when in reality I average one message every couple of months.

Some people are obsessed with fab status and popularity and often confuse it with productivity.

I've met some who need to surround themselves with people of a certain standing on fab(their words, not mine) to protect them from their own misdemeanors but in general most people just want to find people they get on with and don't want the hassle of having to climb all those fab stairs when the lift is out of order.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Ayes but you seem an intelligent guy confidence on the part of the female or the male comes into play and many have low self worth, I'm with you i view myself as everyones equal but most people don't and thats where pecking order comes into play, if say for example you are an extremely attractive women but with low self worth you will still be very successful here, if you are a female who is extremely attractive and a high self worth unattainable comes to mind and if you are a female you'll do ok regardless of looks, if you are a male abs tattoos and a beard and up yourself you'll do ok if youre a male and young 25 to 35 you'll do ok, if youre a good looking male with middling self worth or if you're just a male its not easy here, thats what i mean about pecking order and you know that, especially as you say you are a couple you will have the pick of the bunch, you can make demands, you can show pics if you want to etc etc

I hear you.....but I disagree.

Any pecking order is an artificial construct based on your own perception.

I couldn't give a fuck how attractive women are. We're not here for them so it's irrelevant.

Likewise the comment about physique. I'm hardly a gym fit, 6 packed 30 something. Never have been. Yet I managed to get together with Fox on Fab, build a relationship and get married, and continue Fab life as a couple.

I've known people of all shapes, ages and sizes enjoy Fab life without the need to rant and rave about being lesser beings than others and a lower class of fabber.

Just be positive. The biggest issue isn't always low self esteem or personal confidence issues. It's unrealistic expectations of what the site can do for people and as soon as the sex doesn't start flooding in then it's far easier to blame the site than anything else.

People see others meeting and enjoying fab life and start resenting them rather than trying to work out why they're not having the same experience.

Others take things way too seriously and that's when frustration and resentment start to fester.

A"

By the way I'm not ranting I'm just making a point of course theirs a pecking order and for the reasons i stated and I'm right end of

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Ayes but you seem an intelligent guy confidence on the part of the female or the male comes into play and many have low self worth, I'm with you i view myself as everyones equal but most people don't and thats where pecking order comes into play, if say for example you are an extremely attractive women but with low self worth you will still be very successful here, if you are a female who is extremely attractive and a high self worth unattainable comes to mind and if you are a female you'll do ok regardless of looks, if you are a male abs tattoos and a beard and up yourself you'll do ok if youre a male and young 25 to 35 you'll do ok, if youre a good looking male with middling self worth or if you're just a male its not easy here, thats what i mean about pecking order and you know that, especially as you say you are a couple you will have the pick of the bunch, you can make demands, you can show pics if you want to etc etc "

I have a very low self esteem. I hate literally everything about my body and, often, about how I present to the fab world. And yet I seem to do just fine. I suppose a big part of that is how you define success.

I come on fab with the attitude of I’m just going to be me. If I connect with people, fantastic. If I don’t, I won’t try to imagine that’s anyone’s fault. I don’t invent hierarchies or cliques in my head because, like the OP said, that’s not healthy.

There are too many threads from single men on this site whining about stuff. If everyone came here projecting happiness and positivity, I expect they’d do a lot better against their own definition of success.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I do blame you lot!!!

If you were all more friendly to me, i wouldn’t be such a cunt.

The mr

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I do blame you lot!!!

If you were all more friendly to me, i wouldn’t be such a cunt.

The mr "

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them "

Ya think?

over a year ago

I’m 25 my generations so bad everything’s for a fashion, unless your built like a brick shit out with a face like Ken tattoos covering your body then they ain’t interested it’s my I joined fab, thought older people wouldn’t care about things like that. Worries me that it doesn’t seem to get better with age

By *ddkkk91Man
over a year ago

fife

Read your OP..

Nailed it...

Not reading anything else as it will be long.

over a year ago

Glasgow

Here’s the thing. ‘Popularity’ or ‘status’ on web forums is mostly just about visibility. The people here that you might see as more popular? They’re probably just the ones who post more. Engage more. Chat more. And end up making more friends here simply because they’re more active.

It’s just a bunch of people on a bunch of forums. We’re all equals really. We all have the same tools to use here - a profile, some pictures, our free time and our wits.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I’m number 1 at being me. Couldn’t give a clickety-click about anything else. Life isn’t a popularity contest unless you want it to be.

Good post OP

over a year ago

"Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them

Ya think? "

Bah hahaha

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Agree with much of what you say.

But cliques and hierarchies etc do form in groups it's a naturally occuring phenomena.

There's many forms of implicit bias. Affinity bias being one. It's often the reason why things like institutional racism can thrive. So ignoring its existence entirely isn't my bag. Being inclusive entails understanding that group dynamic exists. Otherwise you can fall foul of fallacies such argumentum ad populum. It's about personal integrity. Ask yourselves the question when you are uncomfortable. Do I think I am right because many agree with me? Why do I need the validation of their agreement?

Am I bitter because I am not getting the attention I want And projecting that?

Everyone is fallible.

Not all accept that they are.

Embrace your shadow or it will pick at your skin.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

A"

Again nicely put common sense

over a year ago

I am not equal to anyone, I am individual. I am me, this is unapologetically, unequivocally me.

I don't see hierarchies, I don't think I am above, or below anyone....I am me

The clique thing has been an issue since I have been posting on the forums, some have played up to the myth, others try and dispel it but it is there....And not helped by certain threads asking 'who's the best/hottest' though we've not seen that for a while since we've not had posters with a certain level of immaturity about them

I just think everyone needs to do their own thing and worry less about others

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Well said. Internal locus of evaluation for the win.

over a year ago

I think you have to skin as tough as a Rhino to survive on here, it's not always about success rate.. I have been talking to someone for years but distance dictates we will never meet. Be yourself, be happy in your own skin

over a year ago

"Here’s the thing. ‘Popularity’ or ‘status’ on web forums is mostly just about visibility. The people here that you might see as more popular? They’re probably just the ones who post more. Engage more. Chat more. And end up making more friends here simply because they’re more active.

It’s just a bunch of people on a bunch of forums. We’re all equals really. We all have the same tools to use here - a profile, some pictures, our free time and our wits."

100% agree. I've been on various forums since early 2000s and there have always been users who are more well known because of their posting style or the amount of posts they contribute.

I'd say Fab forums are probably some of the most welcoming I've used over the years. New users who post in the lounge always get replies, sometimes a bit sarcastic but that's just the way here.

I always think it's good to lurk for a while until you get the idea of how things work anyway and I guess that's why Fab make you wait a set amount of hours before you can post

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I agree with most of what you say op.

I do think there are cliques here albeit people who know each other but cliques never the less. Some of them have groups outside of here where information and pictures of others are passed between them. You have some who will happily out other people while playing the victim themselves in public and yes I've seen it first hand and it's why I no longer join in any groups I don't need to know who anyone else is,if someone wants to tell me their info themselves that's fine I don't want or need anyone else to pass it onto me. Voicing this in a group has made me unpopular in them in the past. But I don't really care and as far as I'm concerned I'm better off away from people like that.Yes my info has also being shared when I trusted the wrong person in friendship but it was a lesson learned.

I do agree no one has power on here despite what they think,they can only have power if you allow them to and to get inside your head.

People do need to stop blaming others for their lack of success it's often quite obvious why someone is having no luck on here when they post but if they won't look inward then you can't help them even if you try. And yes men have a tougher time on here and yes a lot is down to the unbalance of numbers but a lot more is down to attitude and effort made too.It is not just men though look on the forums on any given day and women and couples all have the same issues and sometimes for the same reasons but yet again it's easier to point at others and blame them all the time.

There is no solution fab will always be the same. If people did just concentrate on their own journey though they might enjoy it a bit more .It isn't or at least it shouldn't be a competition on here.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

So I agree fully , although I don’t believe in positive thinking nonsense. I think it’s important to always see reality accurately and positive thinking goes against that, like somehow you can trick your own brain and it won’t know….

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I agree with most of what you say op.

I do think there are cliques here albeit people who know each other but cliques never the less. Some of them have groups outside of here where information and pictures of others are passed between them. You have some who will happily out other people while playing the victim themselves in public and yes I've seen it first hand and it's why I no longer join in any groups I don't need to know who anyone else is,if someone wants to tell me their info themselves that's fine I don't want or need anyone else to pass it onto me. Voicing this in a group has made me unpopular in them in the past. But I don't really care and as far as I'm concerned I'm better off away from people like that.Yes my info has also being shared when I trusted the wrong person in friendship but it was a lesson learned.

I do agree no one has power on here despite what they think,they can only have power if you allow them to and to get inside your head.

People do need to stop blaming others for their lack of success it's often quite obvious why someone is having no luck on here when they post but if they won't look inward then you can't help them even if you try. And yes men have a tougher time on here and yes a lot is down to the unbalance of numbers but a lot more is down to attitude and effort made too.It is not just men though look on the forums on any given day and women and couples all have the same issues and sometimes for the same reasons but yet again it's easier to point at others and blame them all the time.

There is no solution fab will always be the same. If people did just concentrate on their own journey though they might enjoy it a bit more .It isn't or at least it shouldn't be a competition on here. "

You’re just describing culture, that you know that stuff happens means in some way, however small you are part of that culture. You can just choose to not be part of it , and be something else , the opposite of it , and it just becomes irrelevant.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I agree with most of what you say op.

There is no solution fab will always be the same. If people did just concentrate on their own journey though they might enjoy it a bit more .It isn't or at least it shouldn't be a competition on here.

You’re just describing culture, that you know that stuff happens means in some way, however small you are part of that culture. You can just choose to not be part of it , and be something else , the opposite of it , and it just becomes irrelevant."

Ye I suppose that's true and I know what choice I made and will continue to make.

over a year ago

A"

So what if you have the mindset that there's always someone better and someone worse?

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Op shorten that....Men don't have a type Women do have a type. If you are not that type, no meet.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

So what if you have the mindset that there's always someone better and someone worse?

Is it possible for two seemingly opposed concepts to both have value?

over a year ago

"Op shorten that....Men don't have a type Women do have a type. If you are not that type, no meet."

I don't have a type. Dam sure I'm not the only one.

over a year ago

"So I agree fully , although I don’t believe in positive thinking nonsense. I think it’s important to always see reality accurately and positive thinking goes against that, like somehow you can trick your own brain and it won’t know….

"

There is quite a lot of research around which support positive affirmations and how they benefit our neural pathways. Even if we don't believe them.

over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don't have a type. Dam sure I'm not the only one. "

That’s what I used to think. Turns out I do, it’s just not defined physically.

over a year ago

"I don't have a type. Dam sure I'm not the only one.

That’s what I used to think. Turns out I do, it’s just not defined physically."

That makes it a tad tricky on a site like this, wholly built on looks, doesn't it? I don't even have a non-physical type. Or if I do I can't spot what the men I've been with have in common!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Op shorten that....Men don't have a type Women do have a type. If you are not that type, no meet."

If a woman isn't my type she won't be meeting me and it won't be her loss or mine either if she doesn't fit the profile I'm looking for.

over a year ago

Glasgow

"That makes it a tad tricky on a site like this, wholly built on looks, doesn't it?"

I don’t think this place is built on looks. For me it’s built on conversations. It’s more words than pictures.

(Nice arse, though. )

over a year ago

TLDR.

No one person or group is any better than anyone else. Despite what they may think.

We all suck equally

over a year ago

I think people spend far too much time thinking about what others are doing (or who) and in doing so, they miss out on so many possibilities.

I'm just me. Some will like me, some won't and I'm OK with that.

Don't get me wrong I look at some women and get a bit of envy over how awesome they look or appear to be but I'm not in competition. Infact, I'll happily let them know and pay genuine compliments.

We are all on here showing off snapshots of who we are at any given moment. I'm a big picture kinda girl

over a year ago

"That makes it a tad tricky on a site like this, wholly built on looks, doesn't it?

I don’t think this place is built on looks. For me it’s built on conversations. It’s more words than pictures.

(Nice arse, though. )"

I just can't agree with you on that, but you complimented my arse, so I will let it go.

over a year ago

Glasgow

"We all suck equally"

Not true. I’ve done extensive trials and some people give better blow jobs than others.

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

Phew read it all, stuck home with a back that wants to spasm!

Anyway, as a veteran of the forums, my opinion is this.

(My opinion is not worth any more or less than the others on here, I have just been around longer, and observed more)

It doesn't really change, in essence.

People come and go, there are flare ups sometimes, when strong personalities collide, its a microcosm of society, with the distinct difference that the numbers have been reversed between the sexes.

Groups form quite naturally, of those with similar affinities, and those who choose to meet socially do form real life relationships, good and bad.

My advice would be to take it all with a pinch of salt, thats it!

By *bi Haive OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

A

So what if you have the mindset that there's always someone better and someone worse? "

Sorry - been tied up for a few hours - unfortunately not literally.

If that's someone's mindset them I'd just say this. Define better and worse.

I just see 'different' rather than better or worse, in that everyone's experience will be different to mine. If someone sees theirs as better or worse then that's their perception of course. But I'd be curious as to what shaped that view and I'd still argue that it's unlikely to be the fault of either the site as a simple functional entity, nor the impacts of others. Of course the way we see others may shape and impact our view of ourselves, but only if we let it.

If we see someone seemingly being more successful and having a better time on Fab than ourselves it's easy to be negative and view that as unfair, despite the fact that their life on Fab is highly unlikely to impact ours in any way shape or form.

In order for others to be successful we don't have to fail, and vice versa. It's not a competition. Our use of the site, who we meet (and who we don't), my contributions to the forums and Fox's interactions with others via our inbox only affect us and the people we're engaging with. They don't matter to, or affect anyone else in the slightest.

A

over a year ago

Where the hell have you pulled that from? I am a woman and I don't have a type. The only people who think I have a type are men I said no to

Post new Message to Thread