Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Home music studios

Jump to newest

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I would like to hear what you have in your music room , if you have opted for analog or digital or both , if you use daw or you prefer dawless with multitrack , if you play one or more instruments and wich ones you have , dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphone, active monitors, headphones and if open or closed , interface , etc etc . I would like not only hear from you but also have a thread where i can learn more get sugestion or advices , just a nice may a bit diferent thread where we can learn more or ever get more inspiration

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

DAWless but I don’t record, save for some shonky phone vids for friends.

I don’t have time to make anything polished and with modular the patch can’t be saved.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I just sit and strum away ,,,I wish I could record stuff ,I come up with some lovely melody's,and have a brew then they are forgotten forever usually

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"DAWless but I don’t record, save for some shonky phone vids for friends.

I don’t have time to make anything polished and with modular the patch can’t be saved. "

You mean you save in ssd card using multitrack

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"I wish I could record stuff"

I bought a Neewer condenser mic and Behringer audio interface for about £40 all in, but never got around to setting it up.

If I could plug it into the phone I probably would.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"You mean you save in ssd card using multitrack "

No, it’s modular/Eurorack. It’s physical analog modules I build myself and you have to patch with cables like it’s 1960.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I just sit and strum away ,,,I wish I could record stuff ,I come up with some lovely melody's,and have a brew then they are forgotten forever usually "

Why you don't record? Because you don't have the equipment or place to do it or is just something you never thought in do professionally

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I wish I could record stuff

I bought a Neewer condenser mic and Behringer audio interface for about £40 all in, but never got around to setting it up.

If I could plug it into the phone I probably would. "

Using a laptop don't even need to have 8gb ram , are quite affordable and is compatible to use with daws like Reaper or Garage Band

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

DAW - Ableton (the best DAW imo)

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Audio Interface - Focusrite 18i20

Headphones - Beyerdynamic DT 770 Semi Closed back

MIDI Keyboard - Native Instruments Komplete A49

I don't do much live recording, but:

Condenser mic - Behringer B2 Pro Dual Diaphragm

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Dynamic mic - TBone 75 (i think?) Super cheap but really good for recording distorted guitar... they have a nice dip in the upper mids.

Portable mic - Zoom H5

And various other bits and bobs... fair few instruments lying around too

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"You mean you save in ssd card using multitrack

No, it’s modular/Eurorack. It’s physical analog modules I build myself and you have to patch with cables like it’s 1960. "

I love that they look so cool moog are great

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I’ve got Ableton but computers make me grumpy, so I use a Turing machine to generate sequences and overwrite the bits I don’t like with more randomly selected notes. And push it through a quantiser. Then ignore it and just use the arpeggiator like last time.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"DAW - Ableton (the best DAW imo)

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Dynamic mic - TBone 75 (i think?) Super cheap but really good for recording distorted guitar... they have a nice dip in the upper mids.

Portable mic - Zoom H5

And various other bits and bobs... fair few instruments lying around too "

Is a nice setup , i love those Yamaha i'm thinking to get the HS5 as my room is very litle and the ones i have are the ADM-5 very affordable monitors

I brought the Blue Reactor condenser microphone the most weird microphone i ever saw , i have the MLX990 my first condenser and a shure sm58 style dynamic microphone but quite good

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I’ve got Ableton but computers make me grumpy, so I use a Turing machine to generate sequences and overwrite the bits I don’t like with more randomly selected notes. And push it through a quantiser. Then ignore it and just use the arpeggiator like last time. "

I'm have the Tascam model 12c, i really tried daw but i founded very complicated and only few month ago i start to learn more using on the phone Band Lab app . I was looking at the Korg ms20 but because i'n very new i opted fir the korg Microkorg Xl, love the sounds one can get from it and the vintage look also , and is very simple , just few week ago the IK Uno Drum machine , really lovely this one and so easy to use and portability is a plus

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

Is a nice setup , i love those Yamaha i'm thinking to get the HS5 as my room is very litle and the ones i have are the ADM-5 very affordable monitors

I brought the Blue Reactor condenser microphone the most weird microphone i ever saw , i have the MLX990 my first condenser and a shure sm58 style dynamic microphone but quite good "

I love my Yamahas, the 8s are a bit big for my room, probably should have gone the 7s... but having big speakers is fun. I've heard mixed things about the Adams, some say they're great and others say they're shit. If you want to bust the bank, Genelec are the way to go.

I know the mic you mean, yes weird looking thing.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

What sort of music are you making?

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

I brought the Blue Reactor condenser microphone the most weird microphone i ever saw , i have the MLX990 my first condenser and a shure sm58 style dynamic microphone but quite good

I love my Yamahas, the 8s are a bit big for my room, probably should have gone the 7s... but having big speakers is fun. I've heard mixed things about the Adams, some say they're great and others say they're shit. If you want to bust the bank, Genelec are the way to go.

I know the mic you mean, yes weird looking thing."

I love Yamaha they really have quality in most everything they produce . My monitorsxare not The Adams but Reelop ADM-5 is like a low cost monitors £165 but i paid £46 but they are ok just too big fir my room . Genelec i agree they are great but the price , i'm always looking for second hand if i found good price but at moment i can't afford them

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

I love Yamaha they really have quality in most everything they produce . My monitorsxare not The Adams but Reelop ADM-5 is like a low cost monitors £165 but i paid £46 but they are ok just too big fir my room . Genelec i agree they are great but the price , i'm always looking for second hand if i found good price but at moment i can't afford them "

Ah I don't know Reelop, well I'm sure if you made the upgrade to a set of HS5s your money would be well spent.

I've little experience on 5 inch monitors so I can't say if there's an improvement in mixing low end on bigger or smaller.

If your room is tiny though... 5s are the way to go.

Good headphones are pretty essential too.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"What sort of music are you making? "

I am not making at the mommoment music , i mostly play and sing for me and to anoy my neighbours . What i been mostly doing was since almost years ago buying gear and equipment to build the room music room with the intention of being able to record with friends in a small room

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

I love Yamaha they really have quality in most everything they produce . My monitorsxare not The Adams but Reelop ADM-5 is like a low cost monitors £165 but i paid £46 but they are ok just too big fir my room . Genelec i agree they are great but the price , i'm always looking for second hand if i found good price but at moment i can't afford them

Ah I don't know Reelop, well I'm sure if you made the upgrade to a set of HS5s your money would be well spent.

I've little experience on 5 inch monitors so I can't say if there's an improvement in mixing low end on bigger or smaller.

Good headphones are pretty essential too. "

Yes the room is very litle is the type room wherevit fits 2 double beds max . I have a half stack Marshall and the Marshall AS80R and As100d , piano Korg SP170S, acoustic drum Pearl Export , Alesis Strike Multipad , multi guitar case with 11 guitars , the desk with Korg microkorg xl, Tascam model 12 and IK Uno Drum , boss Md500 and Boss VE500 pedals , and Peavey Trans 158 amplifier , the sE Electronics Space vocal booth , x10 Ghost Acoustics acoustic panels that they can be set up in their own stand and make x4 big vertical acoustic panels , i have the AKG K275 headphones and Harman & kardon Soho

over a year ago

"I just sit and strum away ,,,I wish I could record stuff ,I come up with some lovely melody's,and have a brew then they are forgotten forever usually

Why you don't record? Because you don't have the equipment or place to do it or is just something you never thought in do professionally "

I just never think to do it if I'm honest,,most of my playing is very much spur of the moment stuff ,

I have friends who are great musicians,,,far better than me and I've been asked along to record with them but i would deffo be the weakest link in the room ,so always pass on it

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

"What sort of music are you making?

I am not making at the mommoment music , i mostly play and sing for me and to anoy my neighbours . What i been mostly doing was since almost years ago buying gear and equipment to build the room music room with the intention of being able to record with friends in a small room "

Nice

Well I'd say don't wait until you have all the gear you need.

Get started with what you have now.

Any and all experience you can gather will be helpful to you.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

Yes the room is very litle is the type room wherevit fits 2 double beds max . I have a half stack Marshall and the Marshall AS80R and As100d , piano Korg SP170S, acoustic drum Pearl Export , Alesis Strike Multipad , multi guitar case with 11 guitars , the desk with Korg microkorg xl, Tascam model 12 and IK Uno Drum , boss Md500 and Boss VE500 pedals , and Peavey Trans 158 amplifier , the sE Electronics Space vocal booth , x10 Ghost Acoustics acoustic panels that they can be set up in their own stand and make x4 big vertical acoustic panels , i have the AKG K275 headphones and Harman & kardon Soho "

Sounds like you're well on your way to having everything you need for recording a full band.

What bits of gear are you missing?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Generally, most of the recordings I do are live performances. I have a Behringer X32 desk, which can record all 32 channels either directly into an SD card or via USB into a laptop. Usually I will record the gig onto SD and mix it down on Pro Tools at work

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I just sit and strum away ,,,I wish I could record stuff ,I come up with some lovely melody's,and have a brew then they are forgotten forever usually

Why you don't record? Because you don't have the equipment or place to do it or is just something you never thought in do professionally

I just never think to do it if I'm honest,,most of my playing is very much spur of the moment stuff ,

I have friends who are great musicians,,,far better than me and I've been asked along to record with them but i would deffo be the weakest link in the room ,so always pass on it "

I completely understand it can be quite intimidating feeling but if you have the support of friends you shouldn't lost the opportunity. I don't play that well but with friends who are much better my focus is learn much i can with them

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

For those who would like to get started with recording, there are loads of cheap digital 8 tracks about these days. They work very similar to the old 4-track tapes we had when I was a kid, and can be a great way to learn the basics of multitrack recording.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

Yes the room is very litle is the type room wherevit fits 2 double beds max . I have a half stack Marshall and the Marshall AS80R and As100d , piano Korg SP170S, acoustic drum Pearl Export , Alesis Strike Multipad , multi guitar case with 11 guitars , the desk with Korg microkorg xl, Tascam model 12 and IK Uno Drum , boss Md500 and Boss VE500 pedals , and Peavey Trans 158 amplifier , the sE Electronics Space vocal booth , x10 Ghost Acoustics acoustic panels that they can be set up in their own stand and make x4 big vertical acoustic panels , i have the AKG K275 headphones and Harman & kardon Soho

Sounds like you're well on your way to having everything you need for recording a full band.

What bits of gear are you missing? "

At this moment a bass guitar definitely and some percussion instruments like vibraphone , maracas xylophone and more microphones and cables

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We'd have to ask our son, he's the producer and mixer in this house (and guitarist too).

By *d4fun73Man
over a year ago

Shipley

I have a argon8,electribe 2s and two volcas I use them all live mainly at emoms..

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Generally, most of the recordings I do are live performances. I have a Behringer X32 desk, which can record all 32 channels either directly into an SD card or via USB into a laptop. Usually I will record the gig onto SD and mix it down on Pro Tools at work"

Is that desk similar to the Tascam model 12 ,16 and 24 or is the rack one . Pro Tools i believe is the most used , i can't use at the moment daw because my laptop is very old is a Paker bell aj 65 just 4gbram , but once i can afford have something better i will be using my tascam model 12 as inteface and daw Pro Tools. Do you only record live events or you play also in a band ?

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"For those who would like to get started with recording, there are loads of cheap digital 8 tracks about these days. They work very similar to the old 4-track tapes we had when I was a kid, and can be a great way to learn the basics of multitrack recording."

I love those old Tascam multitrack tape recorders .

Zoom R20 is a nice and very intuitive digital one.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Laptop with PreSonus StudioOne and a controller keyboard. Once I understand the software a bit better I’ll invest in hardware controller to make he mixing/arranging process a bit easier and the in good interface and mic.

Great thread

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

At this moment a bass guitar definitely and some percussion instruments like vibraphone , maracas xylophone and more microphones and cables "

You're going to need a lot of mics if you want to record all of these at once... plus an interface with a lot of ins and outs

If you're recording electric guitars/bass, take a DI recording as well as your amp tone, that way you can re-amp your sound if you like.

You'll need a good DI box...

There's a book, The Recoding Engineers Handbook by Bobby Owsinski... this will have tips/advice/instructions on recording almost any instrument you can think of.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"We'd have to ask our son, he's the producer and mixer in this house (and guitarist too). "

That is lovely, if i had children's the first thing i would have done is music school or guide them into music in some way . When i was kid i went to music school but i give up few months after , today i look back and is one of my biggest regrets

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

At this moment a bass guitar definitely and some percussion instruments like vibraphone , maracas xylophone and more microphones and cables

You're going to need a lot of mics if you want to record all of these at once... plus an interface with a lot of ins and outs

If you're recording electric guitars/bass, take a DI recording as well as your amp tone, that way you can re-amp your sound if you like.

You'll need a good DI box...

There's a book, The Recoding Engineers Handbook by Bobby Owsinski... this will have tips/advice/instructions on recording almost any instrument you can think of. "

I have the Tascam Model 12 it have 8 analogue channels and 4 digital , but i can add more channels adding a mixer , this Tascam Model 12 also is an interface , is quite good litle multitrack recorder

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

"I have the Tascam Model 12 it have 8 analogue channels and 4 digital , but i can add more channels adding a mixer , this Tascam Model 12 also is an interface , is quite good litle multitrack recorder "

That's a cool looking bit of gear, I quite like it.

Personally, I prefer working in the box as much as possible, I just find it simpler... but then again, I'm an electronic producer and don't plan on working with band type setups.

Any good bits of rack gear you're eyeing up?

Any VSTs?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Generally, most of the recordings I do are live performances. I have a Behringer X32 desk, which can record all 32 channels either directly into an SD card or via USB into a laptop. Usually I will record the gig onto SD and mix it down on Pro Tools at work

Is that desk similar to the Tascam model 12 ,16 and 24 or is the rack one . Pro Tools i believe is the most used , i can't use at the moment daw because my laptop is very old is a Paker bell aj 65 just 4gbram , but once i can afford have something better i will be using my tascam model 12 as inteface and daw Pro Tools. Do you only record live events or you play also in a band ?

"

No it's a full live desk, it just outputs post gain, strait to storage... I'm the drummer.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I have the Tascam Model 12 it have 8 analogue channels and 4 digital , but i can add more channels adding a mixer , this Tascam Model 12 also is an interface , is quite good litle multitrack recorder

That's a cool looking bit of gear, I quite like it.

Personally, I prefer working in the box as much as possible, I just find it simpler... but then again, I'm an electronic producer and don't plan on working with band type setups.

Any good bits of rack gear you're eyeing up?

Any VSTs?

"

No i haven't though about as i'm not yet very familiar with and because the Tascam Model 12 have pre amp for the 8 analogue channels , have effects and i just put on top of the desk and not much space is needed to operate this multitrack recorder

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Generally, most of the recordings I do are live performances. I have a Behringer X32 desk, which can record all 32 channels either directly into an SD card or via USB into a laptop. Usually I will record the gig onto SD and mix it down on Pro Tools at work

No it's a full live desk, it just outputs post gain, strait to storage... I'm the drummer."

Is a mixer right with ssd recording capacity .i was to buy one but because i needed to transfer everything after to a daw i give up because i wanted to go dawless , i think the Tascam Model 24 is the most similar , also price was the reason as everything thatvis from 24/ 32 channels up is much more expensive and for last the space

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

No it's a full live desk, it just outputs post gain, strait to storage... I'm the drummer.

Is a mixer right with ssd recording capacity .i was to buy one but because i needed to transfer everything after to a daw i give up because i wanted to go dawless , i think the Tascam Model 24 is the most similar , also price was the reason as everything thatvis from 24/ 32 channels up is much more expensive and for last the space "

You "could" use it to record on its own, by playing back the recorded tracks from the SD storage and mixing down... but I don't think you can record tracks at different times.

It can however act as a control surface for a DAW... if you buy the desk new, you also get a free copy of Reaper which is a reasonably competent DAW.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

No it's a full live desk, it just outputs post gain, strait to storage... I'm the drummer."

I could never understand how drummers they tune their drum kit so easy. I have this old Pearl Export i believe from the 80's. Instead of having to usual 16 tom floor i have i believe the 14 tom that is atached to the cymbal stand . For the age is in very goid condition but the tuning is just wrong in all ways because i don't really know how to tune . I brought the Alesis Strike Multipad thinking would be easier but big mistake because is complicated for me . I decided few weeks ago for the IK Uno Drum machine what is really nice , easy and fun , but nothing comparable to the sound od the acoustic pearl. I have a single kick pedal and a double one the single one also it needs atention . But all this is fir me an adventure that i'm loving it because is music what is something i am passionate about

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I could never understand how drummers they tune their drum kit so easy. I have this old Pearl Export i believe from the 80's. Instead of having to usual 16 tom floor i have i believe the 14 tom that is atached to the cymbal stand . For the age is in very goid condition but the tuning is just wrong in all ways because i don't really know how to tune . I brought the Alesis Strike Multipad thinking would be easier but big mistake because is complicated for me . I decided few weeks ago for the IK Uno Drum machine what is really nice , easy and fun , but nothing comparable to the sound od the acoustic pearl. I have a single kick pedal and a double one the single one also it needs atention . But all this is fir me an adventure that i'm loving it because is music what is something i am passionate about "

The difficulty with tuning drums is that there's no "right" way to do it. There are loads of good videos on YouTube about tuning drums, but ultimately it's a personal taste thing.

Cal

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Is a mixer right with ssd recording capacity .i was to buy one but because i needed to transfer everything after to a daw i give up because i wanted to go dawless , i think the Tascam Model 24 is the most similar , also price was the reason as everything thatvis from 24/ 32 channels up is much more expensive and for last the space

You "could" use it to record on its own, by playing back the recorded tracks from the SD storage and mixing down... but I don't think you can record tracks at different times.

It can however act as a control surface for a DAW... if you buy the desk new, you also get a free copy of Reaper which is a reasonably competent DAW."

I just found the daw so intimidating comparing to analogue , even knowing the Tascam Model 12 is digital but have that feel of analogue vwhat simplify everything , and is other feeling as one can work with real knobs and faders. I been looking at new generation multitrack recorder and mixers and some they come with the touchscreen display daw is almost like one don't need use computer/laptop daw at all , Tascam , Zoom , Studiomaster, Presonus , Allen and Heath and others are starting producing them

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Laptop with cubase and a mic and sorted

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Laptop with cubase and a mic and sorted "

I agree there's lots of great quality possibilities that they can exist just using laptop, daw and mic but to me the most important is be able to touch the real instruments is almost like comparing an inflated doll to a real doll made of meat and bones and lots of sins

over a year ago

I'm running pro-tools. Got an e-drum kit and keyboard hooked up via Midi and a separate input box for guitar and vocals

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

"Laptop with cubase and a mic and sorted

I agree there's lots of great quality possibilities that they can exist just using laptop, daw and mic but to me the most important is be able to touch the real instruments is almost like comparing an inflated doll to a real doll made of meat and bones and lots of sins "

Having a hands on approach to music making is nice.

And for many people using a trackpad or mouse and keyboard to control your music is the worst possible way of doing things...

But the ease and endless possibilities that the DAW enables just can't be beaten.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I'm running pro-tools. Got an e-drum kit and keyboard hooked up via Midi and a separate input box for guitar and vocals"

I am seriously thinking in swap my Alesis Strike Multipad for an e-drum . Last year almost got the Yamaha DTX700 for £300 on ebay but instead of bid i made offer first and i don't know why didn't let me bid . To be true i didn't know the real value when i searched on reverb i couldn't believe it was sold for £300!

Same with a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard Hp sold for £1400 , i win the bid but pay pal didn't let me pay in 4 times , i still get mad sometimes because is one of my favourite guitars ever that are sold now minimum £2500

Which e-drum you have if i can ask?

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I agree there's lots of great quality possibilities that they can exist just using laptop, daw and mic but to me the most important is be able to touch the real instruments is almost like comparing an inflated doll to a real doll made of meat and bones and lots of sins

Having a hands on approach to music making is nice.

And for many people using a trackpad or mouse and keyboard to control your music is the worst possible way of doing things...

But the ease and endless possibilities that the DAW enables just can't be beaten. "

I know this days the digital quality is amazing , is like digital pre amps and fx in the new guitar pedal boards on the market , the quality and innovation is so good thatvis dificult to say no . I was trying to build a pedal board with analogue pedals but when looking for example to Headbrush Primr, for the price is almost impossible say no because as you say the possibilities are immense

By *urhamlad2022Man
over a year ago

here&there

Not really production but I’ll add anyway.

x2 Technics SL-1210mk2

Pioneer DJM500

Pioneer DDJ1000

Apple Mac

x2 Pioneer DJ VM-70

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Not really production but I’ll add anyway.

x2 Technics SL-1210mk2

Pioneer DJM500

Pioneer DDJ1000

Apple Mac

x2 Pioneer DJ VM-70

That's a nice professional setup , i had onceca old Gemini cd decks , give it to someone woust to be friend with , her son have autism and as i was not using it i found that her son may would find interesting and fun

"

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

I agree there's lots of great quality possibilities that they can exist just using laptop, daw and mic but to me the most important is be able to touch the real instruments is almost like comparing an inflated doll to a real doll made of meat and bones and lots of sins "

Absolutely if you're able to play the instruments yourself I can't myself personally but I do love holding a guitar just never been able play it to save myself. Just love cubase with amount stuff you can just mix and add genius programme, complicated but great

By *mo512Man
over a year ago

LONDON

Just got myself a pair of KRK Aux Go 3 monitors. Perfect if you are limited on space.

I use Logic and have a M2 MacBook Air.

By *mo512Man
over a year ago

LONDON

"I'm running pro-tools. Got an e-drum kit and keyboard hooked up via Midi and a separate input box for guitar and vocals

I am seriously thinking in swap my Alesis Strike Multipad for an e-drum . Last year almost got the Yamaha DTX700 for £300 on ebay but instead of bid i made offer first and i don't know why didn't let me bid . To be true i didn't know the real value when i searched on reverb i couldn't believe it was sold for £300!

Same with a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard Hp sold for £1400 , i win the bid but pay pal didn't let me pay in 4 times , i still get mad sometimes because is one of my favourite guitars ever that are sold now minimum £2500

Which e-drum you have if i can ask? "

Why HP Les Paul?

Ever considered a 2003-2005 Les Paul? Can pick them up around 1.5k and are considered a very good Les Paul.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Just got myself a pair of KRK Aux Go 3 monitors. Perfect if you are limited on space.

I use Logic and have a M2 MacBook Air."

KRK they are good monitors probably some of the best quality/price in the market, i don't have them but the KRK Rokit 5 G4 probably are one of the options i will consider alongside with Yamaha HS5 or Adams T5V .

I know imac are the most popular arround music production due the capabilities but i don't know why i never felt atracted to any Apple product , as i don't need a very powerful laptop/computer because i won't be using lots of plugins mostly just the daw it self to master i may go for something like the Fujitsu Lifebook U , are quite old but with 10gb ram , Windows 11 pro , touchscreen etc for less than £100 i think they are ace

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I'm running pro-tools. Got an e-drum kit and keyboard hooked up via Midi and a separate input box for guitar and vocals

Why HP Les Paul?

Ever considered a 2003-2005 Les Paul? Can pick them up around 1.5k and are considered a very good Les Paul."

Firstly because apart from the Gibson Les Paul 100 they are the ones that more stand out when it comes innovation . I do love Gibson Les Paul they are great guitars the HP because soloist neck, the specs of this guitar are like no other from the ultra modern weight relief to titanium hardware, the AAAA flamed top are just beautiful and of course getting one for a good price can be an excellent investment apartment from the quality playability and versatility of this guitar ,i do lovecthe chrome knobs knowing that most people hate them same as the G force turner.

As i couldn't find one yet on sale for a good affordable pricevi brought the Ibanez AR725 VLS one of the most beautiful guitars i ever seen and quality and playability is up there alongside

with any Gibson Les Paul Standard but just for half the price . Don't know if you know the Ibanez AR725 Vls but if you never heard about them Google it and check them , they are very rare as only have been produced in 2016 as limited edition , the inlays are crazy the maple flamed is gorgeous and the ebony finger board is like butter . I got the lucky that i just pay £280 two years ago , their price fluctuation in the market have been very instable in the past 2 years but now their prices are going up like no otther , people they start realising the quality if this guitar is dream is a plus that was a limited serie. I love the pickguard is so weird and the pick up are excellent

over a year ago

Which e-drum you have if i can ask? "

I have an Alesis Nitro kit. Bought during lockdown

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I have an Alesis Nitro kit. Bought during lockdown"

They are very popular the Alesis Nitro , i been looking the Alesis DM10 mk1 they start to become quite afford

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I’ve a set up of sorts but it’s become very neglected

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I used to use one of the old Roland multitrack recorders with a built in cd burner. Everything was plugged in directly and it was nice and portable.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I used to use one of the old Roland multitrack recorders with a built in cd burner. Everything was plugged in directly and it was nice and portable. "

They were great great multitrack recorders only complaint i heard about was that sometimes the cd burner were a bit noisy

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I’ve a set up of sorts but it’s become very neglected "

All it takes and needs is a bit more of love as usual when they get out of use they become sometimes unusable/ broken

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"I used to use one of the old Roland multitrack recorders with a built in cd burner. Everything was plugged in directly and it was nice and portable.

They were great great multitrack recorders only complaint i heard about was that sometimes the cd burner were a bit noisy "

It was really good, they still sell for what I sold it for about 8 years ago.

I think most burners are noisy and it's convenient to have everything in one.

Lots of fx for different instruments as well.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"I’ve a set up of sorts but it’s become very neglected

All it takes and needs is a bit more of love as usual when they get out of use they become sometimes unusable/ broken "

Nah it’s more than I got to near 200 tracks recorded and gave up music

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I used to use one of the old Roland multitrack recorders with a built in cd burner. Everything was plugged in directly and it was nice and portable.

They were great great multitrack recorders only complaint i heard about was that sometimes the cd burner were a bit noisy

It was really good, they still sell for what I sold it for about 8 years ago.

I think most burners are noisy and it's convenient to have everything in one.

Lots of fx for different instruments as well. "

That's the great commodity having everything in one , Roland is great quality that's why they still today sell them and people buying them

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Anyone just wanting to make easy recordings on their Laptop could consider "Audacity" its a very simple programme you can do quite a bit with. Its a free programme. I play Lap steel and Dobro, and a tiny bit of Keyboard lol I use a Behringer pre-amp, which if recording I plug via USB into laptop. Very cheap and cheerful but does for what I want to do

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

All it takes and needs is a bit more of love as usual when they get out of use they become sometimes unusable/ broken

Nah it’s more than I got to near 200 tracks recorded and gave up music "

Wow that's is ... why giving up?

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Wow that's is ... why giving up? "

I haven’t really got a straight answer for that question to be honest. I do try and pick up a guitar now and again but I’m just meh with it all now

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I haven’t really got a straight answer for that question to be honest. I do try and pick up a guitar now and again but I’m just meh with it all now "

Sorry hear that , may lack of inspiration or motivation , hope that sometime you can enjoy with same enthusiasm as when you started. I myself i found difficult to find the free time to dedicate more and this moment enable due recovering from major surgery but once i'm 100% recovered i will working less days at my work place to have more time to dedicate to music and learn more

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

If anyone wants to nerd over live gear I'll be in my little corner over here...

Live wise digital is easier for sure. But I miss the big old heavy desks and racks.

There was something satisfying about analogue big old knobs (fnar).

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I haven’t really got a straight answer for that question to be honest. I do try and pick up a guitar now and again but I’m just meh with it all now

Sorry hear that , may lack of inspiration or motivation , hope that sometime you can enjoy with same enthusiasm as when you started. I myself i found difficult to find the free time to dedicate more and this moment enable due recovering from major surgery but once i'm 100% recovered i will working less days at my work place to have more time to dedicate to music and learn more "

Think I’ve too much time on my hands I left my last band going on 4 years ago for “a wee break” then covid then motivation went bye bye

By *d4fun73Man
over a year ago

Shipley

Did a gig at the weekend left so disheartened by it, I haven't unpacked it all and put it back together

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"If anyone wants to nerd over live gear I'll be in my little corner over here...

Live wise digital is easier for sure. But I miss the big old heavy desks and racks.

There was something satisfying about analogue big old knobs (fnar). "

Thank you i am sure i will need help , suggestions or tips from someone experienced

That's why I decided to go max i can analogue , of course i can't afford the big best quality expensive analogue gear but the feeling is just that the satisfaction that brings into the mix , the possible to create something that have a very personal identity or unique dna

Have you worked in a professional music studio or in music industry like live recording?

over a year ago

I run ableton 11 with a couple of key plug ins like Massive but I don't fuck with too many plug ins usually.

I have a couple of midi keyboards all akai and the only analogue I have is the 808 drum synth.

Krk rockit 5's for production and Martin audio em series tops and bins ran off an inuke3000dsp for louder playing .

Seinnheiser headphones

Have a wee drum kit and frame drums for tipping away on too

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Sorry hear that , may lack of inspiration or motivation , hope that sometime you can enjoy with same enthusiasm as when you started. I myself i found difficult to find the free time to dedicate more and this moment enable due recovering from major surgery but once i'm 100% recovered i will working less days at my work place to have more time to dedicate to music and learn more

Think I’ve too much time on my hands I left my last band going on 4 years ago for “a wee break” then covid then motivation went bye bye "

That's my goal having a band or even bands playing and recording in my little home music studio room like music sessions

over a year ago

Monitors - Yamaha HS8s

Dynamic mic - Shure SM57

Portable mic - Zoom H5

And various other bits and bobs... fair few instruments lying around too "

I had a pair of hs8's years ago they're great wee speakers.

I've been told if your productions sound good on them they will sound good through any other speaker big or small

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"If anyone wants to nerd over live gear I'll be in my little corner over here...

Thank you i am sure i will need help , suggestions or tips from someone experienced

That's why I decided to go max i can analogue , of course i can't afford the big best quality expensive analogue gear but the feeling is just that the satisfaction that brings into the mix , the possible to create something that have a very personal identity or unique dna

Have you worked in a professional music studio or in music industry like live recording?"

I've done some live recording and broadcast mixing but mostly just live mixing, I'm all about gigs and one chance to get it right haha

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I run ableton 11 with a couple of key plug ins like Massive but I don't fuck with too many plug ins usually.

I have a couple of midi keyboards all akai and the only analogue I have is the 808 drum synth.

Krk rockit 5's for production and Martin audio em series tops and bins ran off an inuke3000dsp for louder playing .

Seinnheiser headphones

Have a wee drum kit and frame drums for tipping away on too"

I have the Akai Mpk Mini mk3 but i haven't yet tried

KRK 5 are some of the most used and favourite by the reviews

The one you have is the Roland TR 808?

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Have you worked in a professional music studio or in music industry like live recording?

I've done some live recording and broadcast mixing but mostly just live mixing, I'm all about gigs and one chance to get it right haha"

Broadcasting is so in fashion this days , Broadcasting musicians/live mini concert from a litle home music studio what not to like about?

Have you learned for yourself or have you went to a music shool or had how to record lessons ?

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Think I’ve too much time on my hands I left my last band going on 4 years ago for “a wee break” then covid then motivation went bye bye

That's my goal having a band or even bands playing and recording in my little home music studio room like music sessions

"

I’d played in bands since I was about 14 but the scene became pretty toxic, hence my break but I’ll maybe try again this year

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I’d played in bands since I was about 14 but the scene became pretty toxic, hence my break but I’ll maybe try again this year "

That's a reality most times hiden that music industry can be toxic in so many ways from personal conflicts, music management, recording labels to substances addiction

What type of music / bands you played?

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I’d played in bands since I was about 14 but the scene became pretty toxic, hence my break but I’ll maybe try again this year

That's a reality most times hiden that music industry can be toxic in so many ways from personal conflicts, music management, recording labels to substances addiction

What type of music / bands you played? "

Heavy metal would be the pigeon hole I guess it was fun but yeah those egos can take the fun right out of things

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Heavy metal would be the pigeon hole I guess it was fun but yeah those egos can take the fun right out of things "

To be true i never been into heavy metal but not long ago i saw a documentary on sky arts it was interesting to watch how heavy metal category it stands almost on itself away from the rock , pop rock is like a completely aside industry

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Heavy metal would be the pigeon hole I guess it was fun but yeah those egos can take the fun right out of things

To be true i never been into heavy metal but not long ago i saw a documentary on sky arts it was interesting to watch how heavy metal category it stands almost on itself away from the rock , pop rock is like a completely aside industry "

And the people used to look out for each other

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

To be true i never been into heavy metal but not long ago i saw a documentary on sky arts it was interesting to watch how heavy metal category it stands almost on itself away from the rock , pop rock is like a completely aside industry

And the people used to look out for each other "

That's exactly what the documentary was showing , they supported each other like no other style of music because in some way the refused to go along with the erratic policies of the big recording labels idustry. There's many bands i didn't know they had their foundation in the heavy metal scene like Guns and Roses

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Broadcasting is so in fashion this days , Broadcasting musicians/live mini concert from a litle home music studio what not to like about?

Have you learned for yourself or have you went to a music shool or had how to record lessons ?"

I went to uni...

Although my broadcasting was more TV/radio...

It's all in my past and I've switched careers now. It's a hard industry to be in as a woman

By *mo512Man
over a year ago

LONDON

Why HP Les Paul?

Ever considered a 2003-2005 Les Paul? Can pick them up around 1.5k and are considered a very good Les Paul.

Firstly because apart from the Gibson Les Paul 100 they are the ones that more stand out when it comes innovation . I do love Gibson Les Paul they are great guitars the HP because soloist neck, the specs of this guitar are like no other from the ultra modern weight relief to titanium hardware, the AAAA flamed top are just beautiful and of course getting one for a good price can be an excellent investment apartment from the quality playability and versatility of this guitar ,i do lovecthe chrome knobs knowing that most people hate them same as the G force turner.

As i couldn't find one yet on sale for a good affordable pricevi brought the Ibanez AR725 VLS one of the most beautiful guitars i ever seen and quality and playability is up there alongside

with any Gibson Les Paul Standard but just for half the price . Don't know if you know the Ibanez AR725 Vls but if you never heard about them Google it and check them , they are very rare as only have been produced in 2016 as limited edition , the inlays are crazy the maple flamed is gorgeous and the ebony finger board is like butter . I got the lucky that i just pay £280 two years ago , their price fluctuation in the market have been very instable in the past 2 years but now their prices are going up like no otther , people they start realising the quality if this guitar is dream is a plus that was a limited serie. I love the pickguard is so weird and the pick up are excellent "

That Ibanez is a serious guitar. A lot value for the money. Saw one on Reverb for £700.

Unfortunately I'm now at the 'sell one before I buy another' stage.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Broadcasting is so in fashion this days , Broadcasting musicians/live mini concert from a litle home music studio what not to like about?

Have you learned for yourself or have you went to a music shool or had how to record lessons ?

I went to uni...

It's all in my past and I've switched careers now. It's a hard industry to be in as a woman "

Defenitly the music industry is very dificult for women that's why we only see a few getting to the top.

In your opinion is dificult due the lack of support, lack of economic resources from the companies or because the hard work behind back stage as before broadcasting there's a hole process to follow? Or just the dificult because the inter relation between man and women as this industry is mostly run by man ?

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Why HP Les Paul?

with any Gibson Les Paul Standard but just for half the price . Don't know if you know the Ibanez AR725 Vls but if you never heard about them Google it and check them , they are very rare as only have been produced in 2016 as limited edition , the inlays are crazy the maple flamed is gorgeous and the ebony finger board is like butter . I got the lucky that i just pay £280 two years ago , their price fluctuation in the market have been very instable in the past 2 years but now their prices are going up like no otther , people they start realising the quality if this guitar is dream is a plus that was a limited serie. I love the pickguard is so weird and the pick up are excellent

That Ibanez is a serious guitar. A lot value for the money. Saw one on Reverb for £700.

Unfortunately I'm now at the 'sell one before I buy another' stage."

Yes there's one on reverb, i was thinking to get it even havingbone already justv because the price value of this guitar is starting to increase in the world of guitar collectors and i am sure it is a great investment , but unfortunately i can't afford to buy it .

The sound quality is amazingly surprising from the 80's flying fingers pickups and the high output is like no other guitar that i have . Really is a professional quality stage guitar

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Why HP Les Paul?

Unfortunately I'm now at the 'sell one before I buy another' stage."

I would recommend this guitar to anyone whonis looking forva work horse professional stage guitar and howvit looks is just like no other guitar . I don't know if you ever heard about the Ibanez 2405 custom agent, that's from where comes the inspiration for this Ibanez AR725 VLS.

One that i been looking at is the Hagstrom Super Swede Three Kings , another rarity only few were made very limited edition

By *mo512Man
over a year ago

LONDON

Why HP Les Paul?

I would recommend this guitar to anyone whonis looking forva work horse professional stage guitar and howvit looks is just like no other guitar . I don't know if you ever heard about the Ibanez 2405 custom agent, that's from where comes the inspiration for this Ibanez AR725 VLS.

One that i been looking at is the Hagstrom Super Swede Three Kings , another rarity only few were made very limited edition "

Tried to send you a pic with my list of guitars. But am blocked.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Why HP Les Paul?

One that i been looking at is the Hagstrom Super Swede Three Kings , another rarity only few were made very limited edition

Tried to send you a pic with my list of guitars. But am blocked. "

Unlocked now

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I went to uni...

It's all in my past and I've switched careers now. It's a hard industry to be in as a woman

Defenitly the music industry is very dificult for women that's why we only see a few getting to the top.

In your opinion is dificult due the lack of support, lack of economic resources from the companies or because the hard work behind back stage as before broadcasting there's a hole process to follow? Or just the dificult because the inter relation between man and women as this industry is mostly run by man ?"

Well I worked as hard if not harder than the men I worked with just to prove my worth as do many other women, so it's not lack of hard work I promise you (and I can lift more tha. Most men I know).

But the industry is mostly run by men who are sceptical of female sound engineers (or crew in general) I got sick of being told to put the kettle on till the engineer arrived or asked if I knew what everything was!

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I've done some live recording and broadcast mixing but mostly just live mixing, I'm all about gigs and one chance to get it right haha

Broadcasting is so in fashion this days , Broadcasting musicians/live mini concert from a litle home music studio what not to like about?

Have you learned for yourself or have you went to a music shool or had how to record lessons ?"

This is what I do, broadcasting musicians playing live. I'm lucky in that I have a radio station to do it from, broadcasting on FM locally, and streaming to an international audience.

over a year ago

"I would like to hear what you have in your music room , if you have opted for analog or digital or both , if you use daw or you prefer dawless with multitrack , if you play one or more instruments and wich ones you have , dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphone, active monitors, headphones and if open or closed , interface , etc etc . I would like not only hear from you but also have a thread where i can learn more get sugestion or advices , just a nice may a bit diferent thread where we can learn more or ever get more inspiration "

I mainly use Cubase as my DAW, but also have experience of Pro Tools, Fruit Loop, Cakewalk and Ableton. I have a dynamic mic and a condenser mic - I mainly use the condenser mic for audio work and voiceover recording. I've got a Focus rite Scarlet Solo interface and a Pioneer DDJ-400 that I use with Rekordbox software. My monitors are a set of Pioneer Bluetooth ones, and I've also got a small AKAI midi keyboard.

I don't currently make enough time to take advantage of these toys, though!

Mrs

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I went to uni...

In your opinion is dificult due the lack of support, lack of economic resources from the companies or because the hard work behind back stage as before broadcasting there's a hole process to follow? Or just the dificult because the inter relation between man and women as this industry is mostly run by man ?

Well I worked as hard if not harder than the men I worked with just to prove my worth as do many other women, so it's not lack of hard work I promise you (and I can lift more tha. Most men I know).

But the industry is mostly run by men who are sceptical of female sound engineers (or crew in general) I got sick of being told to put the kettle on till the engineer arrived or asked if I knew what everything was!"

Something that i always noticed is that when i watch music documentaries is so rare to watch women as the ones owner's of music studios/labels

Think that behaviour of inequality in the industry won't change any soon unfortunately

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

This is what I do, broadcasting musicians playing live. I'm lucky in that I have a radio station to do it from, broadcasting on FM locally, and streaming to an international audience.

"

Wow you have your own broadcasting fm radio that is cool

over a year ago

Got a really simple set up that’s great for jotting down ideas.

iPad Pro, with an audio interface and also a a usb adapter to attach my microkorg which I use both as a midi controller and as a synth to record into the iPad.

Truth i use a range of virtual synths or virtual instruments on the iPad itself. Mostly by Korg but for a lot of great stuff like sample tank etc.

I’ll program my drums in all kinds of different programs depending on my mood. GB, Patterning 2, Beatmaker etc.

I’ll use garage band to bring that all together since so much stuff can plug into it. I’ll usually record everything into there. It’s fast and surprisingly capable. I can get ideas out in no time.

Added bonus is that GB is compatible with logic so I can pick up on a MacBook and finish stuff there, or send the project file to whoever I’m collaborating with and they can pick it up no issue.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I would like to hear what you have in your music room , if you have opted for analog or digital or both , if you use daw or you prefer dawless with multitrack , if you play one or more instruments and wich ones you have , dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphone, active monitors, headphones and if open or closed , interface , etc etc . I would like not only hear from you but also have a thread where i can learn more get sugestion or advices , just a nice may a bit diferent thread where we can learn more or ever get more inspiration

I mainly use Cubase as my DAW, but also have experience of Pro Tools, Fruit Loop, Cakewalk and Ableton. I have a dynamic mic and a condenser mic - I mainly use the condenser mic for audio work and voiceover recording. I've got a Focus rite Scarlet Solo interface and a Pioneer DDJ-400 that I use with Rekordbox software. My monitors are a set of Pioneer Bluetooth ones, and I've also got a small AKAI midi keyboard.

Mrs"

That's a nice setup , i do have have an Akai mini keyboard mpk mk3

Sometimes one just needs more inspiration than time

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Got a really simple set up that’s great for jotting down ideas.

iPad Pro, with an audio interface and also a a usb adapter to attach my microkorg which I use both as a midi controller and as a synth to record into the iPad.

Truth i use a range of virtual synths or virtual instruments on the iPad itself. Mostly by Korg but for a lot of great stuff like sample tank etc.

I’ll program my drums in all kinds of different programs depending on my mood. GB, Patterning 2, Beatmaker etc.

I’ll use garage band to bring that all together since so much stuff can plug into it. I’ll usually record everything into there. It’s fast and surprisingly capable. I can get ideas out in no time.

Added bonus is that GB is compatible with logic so I can pick up on a MacBook and finish stuff there, or send the project file to whoever I’m collaborating with and they can pick it up no issue."

I have the microkorg xl i love it is amazing what one can get from it

You mean you do your own bites /samples

I have the alesis strike multipad i don't like the sound the drum kits that it comes with it , o would love to create my own acoustic drums kit sample and transfer it into the multipad.

What would be in your opinion the easiest way to do it ?

over a year ago

Anyone else here making oldskool hardcore, garage, breaks etc?

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Anyone else here making oldskool hardcore, garage, breaks etc? "

It remember the old good days

over a year ago

"I would like to hear what you have in your music room , if you have opted for analog or digital or both , if you use daw or you prefer dawless with multitrack , if you play one or more instruments and wich ones you have , dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphone, active monitors, headphones and if open or closed , interface , etc etc . I would like not only hear from you but also have a thread where i can learn more get sugestion or advices , just a nice may a bit diferent thread where we can learn more or ever get more inspiration

Mrs

Sometimes one just needs more inspiration than time "

Yes, thats true what you say about inspiration. I need to let me head get into that space again since it's been far too long

Mrs

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Mrs

Yes, thats true what you say about inspiration. I need to let me head get into that space again since it's been far too long

Mrs"

Wishing you a strong come back

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I have been using Cubase since the mid-90s. I have two keyboards, some guitars and a drum pad. Apart from guitars and vocals most is from samples using things like Kontact. I have a Focusrite interface to my laptop, a condenser mic and an Ivory compressor. I think that's all the main stuff I use. Luke

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I have been using Cubase since the mid-90s. I have two keyboards, some guitars and a drum pad. Apart from guitars and vocals most is from samples using things like Kontact. I have a Focusrite interface to my laptop, a condenser mic and an Ivory compressor. I think that's all the main stuff I use. Luke"

Wow that is a long time using cubacase as it was one of the first music daw that comes out in the 80s, case to say you have see and experienced the all evolution almost from beginning till now of Cubase

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"I have been using Cubase since the mid-90s. I have two keyboards, some guitars and a drum pad. Apart from guitars and vocals most is from samples using things like Kontact. I have a Focusrite interface to my laptop, a condenser mic and an Ivory compressor. I think that's all the main stuff I use. Luke

Wow that is a long time using cubacase as it was one of the first music daw that comes out in the 80s, case to say you have see and experienced the all evolution almost from beginning till now of Cubase

"

Yes, I've been using it since before you could record audio on it. It was just MIDI back then. I had to use other methods to record audio.

By *nlivene OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I have been using Cubase since the mid-90s. I have two keyboards, some guitars and a drum pad. Apart from guitars and vocals most is from samples using things like Kontact. I have a Focusrite interface to my laptop, a condenser mic and an Ivory compressor. I think that's all the main stuff I use. Luke

Yes, I've been using it since before you could record audio on it. It was just MIDI back then. I had to use other methods to record audio. "

You mean recording with multitrack recorder cassette ?

over a year ago

I use both DAW & dawless.

Cubase with lots of VTS/ plugins.

Quite a lot of microphones..ribbon, dynamic & condensor

For live stuff I like recreating the compositions using loopers. They're useful if you play multiple instruments.

When I was younger I used to go to people's homes and help them set up their home studios with the gear they'd bought.

By *d4fun73Man
over a year ago

Shipley

So do you guys do live sets? Go to emoms.. anyone have a u tube channel?

over a year ago

"So do you guys do live sets? Go to emoms.. anyone have a u tube channel?"

Yes.

I have electribes & an argon synth & volcas too, like yourself.

I'm keeping my youtube & swinging separate though.

(You'll have to find me on there)

By *d4fun73Man
over a year ago

Shipley

"So do you guys do live sets? Go to emoms.. anyone have a u tube channel?

Yes.

I have electribes & an argon synth & volcas too, like yourself.

I'm keeping my youtube & swinging separate though.

(You'll have to find me on there) "

Nice one dude!!!

over a year ago

Mrs

Mrs

Wishing you a strong come back "

Thank you x

Mrs

Post new Message to Thread