Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

We're going through....

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

changes.

How comfortable are you with change?

Do you embrace new directions in your life, in whatever form that takes? Are you the person to actively change things or do you find you go along with them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I actually really like change.

I get bored and seek out new things often and I find that big changes often allow me fresh starts.

Recently though some changes have made me question if I'm actually too impulsive and making decisions too hastily.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I can enjoy change by choice.

Changes forced upon me, less so. Especially those I perceive as being negative.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

The only thing constant is change.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I don't tend to like things staying the same. I'm also very much an it is what it is kind of person. Oh we're doing this now? Okay.

over a year ago

I adapt to change but don’t seek it just for changes sake..

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I hate change. I live a very fast paced lifestyle and need stability and boundaries to do this. The unknown sets my anxiety off and yes that's because I like to be in control

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I've lived a relatively transient life. I've spent years contracting at work, spending a maximum of 12 months in a company before moving on. I rent flats so I can move at the drop of a hat (I once moved twice in 6 months).

I like change and I'm happy to initiate change.

I'm less happy when change is forced upon me. When my last landlord stopped paying the mortgage and the bank evicted me I became a petulant child because I hated moving and hated the new flat and hated every single thing about it.

I am starting to get more balance (staying longer in jobs, for example) but I like the excitement of big changes and I always learn from them, so I can't imagine myself living a steady, constant sort of life for too long.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Oddly enough, I'm good with big changes like selling my house and moving 400 miles from everyone. But small changes catch me off guard

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"I adapt to change but don’t seek it just for changes sake.."

This for me too.

I need routine due to my youngest but I also dislike the daily monotonous grind so a change can be welcome, but how big it is depends how welcome it will be. If that makes sense?

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

I prefer a set routine these days...unless it is an absolutely necessary change

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I don't like change, I don't do it well at all, I like routine and knowing what I'm doing.

Mrs

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Love that song

over a year ago

I have the attention span of a toddler.

Changes are good.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Yeah, I've had too many changes. Nasty, unpredictable things. Make you late for tea. I prefer some stability.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I hate change. I need to be eased into it like you're disarming a bomb. And as far in advance as possible.

However, if there need to be changes, let's do them all at once. One big huge change. Then the recovery period isn't too bad.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m good with change. I relish the challenge.

But then, I don’t actually make big changes very often.

So I’m a hypocrite, basically. Dammit.

over a year ago

Love change, just not negative change with 'my' people. I prefer them to stay constant

E

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I don’t mind change that I can control… but stuff that gets thrown from a great height that forces change on things that aren’t broke… they can do one.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

All events and changes that have happened in my life have shaped the person i am today and all events and changes that will happen, they will shape the path till my last breath.

Based in a future true story

over a year ago

Depends on how significant it is. A change in lunch plans or a dentist appointment rescheduled, I'm pretty easy going. Anything bigger and I'm a bit of a mess. If I have to make a big decision I'll agonise and procrastinate for months. If someone foists a big change upon me then I spend weeks feeling unsettled and anxious before finally getting used to and accepting it.

Nell

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Mines actually spiralled but yes enjoy new changes and normally at the front when thoroughly thought out

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I actually really like change.

I get bored and seek out new things often and I find that big changes often allow me fresh starts.

Recently though some changes have made me question if I'm actually too impulsive and making decisions too hastily.

"

Big changes do allow fresh starts don't they? Like moving. Changing career. Entering a relationship.

I hope you're not too worried about being impulsive, you've always striked me as the rational sort. I almost cut myself a fringe today. Luckily the impulsive urges didn't win.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I can enjoy change by choice.

Changes forced upon me, less so. Especially those I perceive as being negative. "

Yes, being in control of what happens is important isn't it? You feel like you have more say in your life which is important.

Negative changes are really crap. Almost demoralising. You're forced to adapt which can be either the making or breaking of you.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

An old boss of mine used to say :

“The only thing constant , is change.”

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I almost cut myself a fringe today. Luckily the impulsive urges didn't win. "

Bangs! Bangs! Bangs!

*ahem*

Sorry. Nineties child here.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I don't tend to like things staying the same. I'm also very much an it is what it is kind of person. Oh we're doing this now? Okay."

That adaptability and go with it energy is lovely Prey. Teach me your wise ways please!

With you on things staying the same - it's the longest I've lived in a house ever now. I keep looking at how much this place would be worth if we sold it. It's like a restless, antsy feeling.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Change means growth or creates a learning opportunity. We are constanly changing and in the process of change.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I hate change. I live a very fast paced lifestyle and need stability and boundaries to do this. The unknown sets my anxiety off and yes that's because I like to be in control "

You're always going to be Compy to me, hope that's okay!

Yes, being in control is important isn't it. If you live life in the fast lane you need to know it will work seamlessly. Have that grounding to do so. Makes perfect sense.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I've lived a relatively transient life. I've spent years contracting at work, spending a maximum of 12 months in a company before moving on. I rent flats so I can move at the drop of a hat (I once moved twice in 6 months).

I like change and I'm happy to initiate change.

I'm less happy when change is forced upon me. When my last landlord stopped paying the mortgage and the bank evicted me I became a petulant child because I hated moving and hated the new flat and hated every single thing about it.

I am starting to get more balance (staying longer in jobs, for example) but I like the excitement of big changes and I always learn from them, so I can't imagine myself living a steady, constant sort of life for too long."

Big changes really do bring that rush of excitement don't they? I'm a hopeless fool for that feeling sadly. You do learn from change, embracing that is a positive I think.

Sorry to read about your previous landlord, that's really crappy - I hope you're happier where you are now x

over a year ago

"I actually really like change.

Big changes do allow fresh starts don't they? Like moving. Changing career. Entering a relationship.

I hope you're not too worried about being impulsive, you've always striked me as the rational sort. I almost cut myself a fringe today. Luckily the impulsive urges didn't win. "

Appearances can be deceiving. My heart makes emotional decisions and my brains rational one's rarely happen.

Oh a fringe could look cute on you but hair cut regret can be horrific

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I like the big things like work and living arrangements to be stable

I'm not averse or unable to cope with change but I don't actively seek to do it just for the hell of it

If it ain't broke...

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

"I don't tend to like things staying the same. I'm also very much an it is what it is kind of person. Oh we're doing this now? Okay.

That adaptability and go with it energy is lovely Prey. Teach me your wise ways please!

With you on things staying the same - it's the longest I've lived in a house ever now. I keep looking at how much this place would be worth if we sold it. It's like a restless, antsy feeling. "

Growing up we'd move every 3 months, and since moving out I've rarely gone long without relocating. I've been in my current home over a year and it's weird.

I don't think there's any wisdom to it. I long ago accepted that I'm subject to the whims of the universe and other people as much as I am my own whims, and I'd rather make the best of what is than fight for what isn't meant to be. It's more an inherent cynicism than anything else I suppose.

over a year ago

"changes.

I was always one to embrace them. Nowadays?hahaha. …. I’ll refrain from my tales of my daily struggles.

*can you ask a question I can answer in a happy way soon? "

By *urveslover5Man
over a year ago

London

"changes.

Do you embrace new directions in your life, in whatever form that takes? Are you the person to actively change things or do you find you go along with them? "

I'm a big believer in embracing change, because sometimes the best things in life come from stepping outside of your comfort zone.

Post new Message to Thread