Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Finally getting there

Jump to newest

By *gent Coulson OP   Man
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It's 6 months since I first picked up a rope and started tying, it has been, so far, an amazing, frustrating , satisfying and creative (and expensive) experience.

Knots becoming second nature, patterns of symmetry that pop out , times when I literally switch off and work the rope are just so relaxing.

Working with some wonderfully patient bunnies who have helped me on my learning journey so far, using some amazing rope and colour combinations to produce living art

6 months ago I never thought I could be able to look at an aesthetic tie, deconstruct it in my head and then reproduce it on Meli the Mannequin then translate that into a live tie.

In the next few month I start the next phase of my journey and the excitement of combining aesthetics with the technical side of suspension thrills me.

I definitely still have a long way to go, but finally I think I am getting there

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Oh I remember the mannequin naming thread!!!

So pleased for you, chum, I also remember how keen you were to get going.

It’s so nice to hear about people who fancied having a crack at something and discover they love it.

Nice one!

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

It's all coming back to me and I agree with Felix; Mèlí The Mannequin - I hope she is settling in well, OP

May the strands and fibres of your drapery-ropery weave you an intricate path of unraveling happiness.

By *gent Coulson OP   Man
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"Oh I remember the mannequin naming thread!!!

So pleased for you, chum, I also remember how keen you were to get going.

It’s so nice to hear about people who fancied having a crack at something and discover they love it.

Nice one!"

Thanks, I have discovered I have an artist talent for aesthetic Shibari

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It was never 6 months ago we were naming your mannequin, OP?!! Wow, that’s flown by!

Great to hear you’ve enjoyed yourself and learned so much

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

Oh this is exciting to hear!!

Congrats on getting stuck into it, it sounds like it's been quite the journey so far for you!

Post new Message to Thread