Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

•· Gentlemen Who Lunch ·•

Jump to newest

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

Gentlemën, Nøn-Bínarìes and Persons of Interest...

We've heard of the term "Ladies who Lunch" attributed to women of leisure, but are there any amongst you who partake in casual menfolk luncheons and 'bruncheons'? Those perfect moments to while away the hours to chill out, chat, relax and perhaps even losing yourself in daydreams of calm and absolute nothingness...?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes but they are essentially sinking pints in a pub or pubs.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Bros who brunch?

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Gentlemën, Nøn-Bínarìes and Persons of Interest...

We've heard of the term "Ladies who Lunch" attributed to women of leisure, but are there any amongst you who partake in casual menfolk luncheons and 'bruncheons'? Those perfect moments to while away the hours to chill out, chat, relax and perhaps even losing yourself in daydreams of calm and absolute nothingness...?"

Absolutely! I don’t drink and have a lot of friends who aren’t fussed about beer over coffee.

Every so often it’s great to catch up over a long bruncheon and put the world to rights. If it’s a place with comfy seats and a view I can stay all afternoon, often with long, contented silences.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Yes but they are essentially sinking pints in a pub or pubs. "

·

So it's a liquid lunch with an optional packet of crisps?

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I miss those long client lunches I used to have on a Friday where they carried on all afternoon in a sea of expensive wine and expense claims. Nowadays it’s a Tesco meal deal.

over a year ago

"Yes but they are essentially sinking pints in a pub or pubs.

·

So it's a liquid lunch with an optional packet of crisps?"

I was going to say yes if we fancied splashing out, but that could have different connotations here.

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

"Bros who brunch?"

Love this!! Can I be a bro for a day? I know a few good spots for bottomless brunch in London too.

By *heExcommMan
over a year ago

Llantrisant

Take me out for an afternoon tea. That shit fancy and make me feel like a lord

over a year ago

An audio book on and a nice meal by myself is absolutely wonderful, just an hour of nothing to think about just eat and listen

over a year ago

"Yes but they are essentially sinking pints in a pub or pubs.

·

So it's a liquid lunch with an optional packet of crisps?

I was going to say yes if we fancied splashing out, but that could have different connotations here. "

What i wouldn't do for a packet of Dry roasted peanuts

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

My favourite pub doesn’t do food, so they let you bring in a takeaway or your own grub. It’s heavenly and makes for a great catch up spot for the bros

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Bros who brunch?"

I accept your gracious invitation.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I love the warmer summer days being alone having nachos and afterwards jump into the living room to watch a live festival concert and drinking beer with lemonade

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Bros who brunch?

Love this!! Can I be a bro for a day? I know a few good spots for bottomless brunch in London too. "

You know I'd say yes, but it's Nero's party and he can be a stickler for the rules... I'll vouch for you though!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Does McDonald’s drive thru with the lads in the back count ?

If so many many times.

The mr

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Nachos with fresh salsa , cheese , guacamole, sour cream , chourizo corn ,thin half moon cut pouched red onions with lime rasp and a touch of sweet chilli sauce

By *ebootCouple
over a year ago

Telford

Midday mates who masticate?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We've heard of the term "Ladies who Lunch" attributed to women of leisure, but are there any amongst you who partake in casual menfolk luncheons and 'bruncheons'? Those perfect moments to while away the hours to chill out, chat, relax and perhaps even losing yourself in daydreams of calm and absolute nothingness...?"

Not very often these days I tend to skip lunch most days.

I think the last time I used to regularly was actually in your neck of the woods when I worked from Sackville St but only if the boss was paying !

over a year ago

"Bros who brunch?"

Op, yes. It’s a mixture of eateries. Mostly an all you can eat is a fave from the past, but my eldest is now my goto for something to eat, finding his best pizza joint is our current mission.

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Off to Mnky House with the lads on Sat for brunch.

Awesome way to catch up and day time drinking is ace

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

"Bros who brunch?

Love this!! Can I be a bro for a day? I know a few good spots for bottomless brunch in London too.

You know I'd say yes, but it's Nero's party and he can be a stickler for the rules... I'll vouch for you though! "

Shhh let’s not tell him, he’ll never know!

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Bros who brunch?

I accept your gracious invitation. "

I rudely gatecrash in lieu of an invitation.

over a year ago

"Bros who brunch?

You know I'd say yes, but it's Nero's party and he can be a stickler for the rules... I'll vouch for you though!

Shhh let’s not tell him, he’ll never know! "

Wigs and disguises?? Have to strap down our boobs though lol

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

We eat, we talk.

She feeds the ducks gleefully, as though she is a child. Ensuring all get their equal share. That's very important it seems. Although the ducks do not seem to agree.

I smile, gaze into the sky and for a moment all is well in the world.

She vents her frustration about the large greedy duck that bullies the others. I tell her that when we have our own ducks that'll be the one we eat first.

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

"Bros who brunch?

Wigs and disguises?? Have to strap down our boobs though lol "

Perfect plan! I’ll just wear a hoodie and a baseball cap - no one will suspect a thing!

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Bros who brunch?

Love this!! Can I be a bro for a day? I know a few good spots for bottomless brunch in London too. "

I'm hoping these "few good spots" are chic and stylish.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 17/04/23 15:45:39]

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Bros who brunch?

Perfect plan! I’ll just wear a hoodie and a baseball cap - no one will suspect a thing! "

We both know Nero would disown you for the hoodie alone!

(So good I had to type it twice!)

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"My favourite pub doesn’t do food, so they let you bring in a takeaway or your own grub. It’s heavenly and makes for a great catch up spot for the bros "

Sounds perfect. We can rest our weary souls at this celebrated pub of yours and order a Fortnum & Mason food hamper.

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

"Bros who brunch?

I'm hoping these "few good spots" are chic and stylish. "

That’s a given Nero!

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

"Bros who brunch?

Perfect plan! I’ll just wear a hoodie and a baseball cap - no one will suspect a thing!

(So good I had to type it twice!)"

Haha - he’d never disown me

over a year ago

I take such breaks if I’m out working, just alone. I will chill people watch and fab…

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Bros who brunch?

(So good I had to type it twice!)

Haha - he’d never disown me "

You and me...we go waaaay back.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I love the warmer summer days being alone having nachos and afterwards jump into the living room to watch a live festival concert and drinking beer with lemonade "

So it's a 'shandy luncheon'?

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Next time I find myself in London Nero, let’s lunch. A gents’ hour before meeting ladies in the evening.

over a year ago

Did an odd thing the other day in Colechester never eat out normally went with friend from work usually plum for a kfc but went for bk really enjoyed it

Whopper meal

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

We've heard of the term "Ladies who Lunch" attributed to women of leisure, but are there any amongst you who partake in casual menfolk luncheons and 'bruncheons'? Those perfect moments to while away the hours to chill out, chat, relax and perhaps even losing yourself in daydreams of calm and absolute nothingness...?

Did an odd thing the other day in Colechester never eat out normally went with friend from work usually plum for a kfc but went for bk really enjoyed it

Whopper meal "

You see?? A long gentlemanly luncheon is better than a fleeting session in the dungeon. Bon appetit.

over a year ago

Whopper meal

You see?? A long gentlemanly luncheon is better than a fleeting session in the dungeon. Bon appetit."

I know it’s not the ritz or Harvey niks tea room but sometimes it’s nice to do something different have utterly wonderful evening filled with laughs pleasure and a sunny week ahead

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Well remember the Friday client lunches, ably assisted by a generous expense account!

Nowadays....in early retirement, we have a Friday Beer & Dogs Club. In good weather, we take over about half of the outside area at the pub, drink beer, feed the dogs and talk bollocks!

So successful, the pub supply dog biscuits and give us a "locals discount" too.

I do look forward to Fridays

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Is this basically code for a Piss Up

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Is this basically code for a Piss Up "

Yes, I can see how this can be easily interpreted as such!

Post new Message to Thread