Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Another mass shooting in America

Jump to newest

By *ubmissiveman2u OP   Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

Outrageous and unacceptable is all Jo biden has to say wtf ...

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I didn't realise they had so many, 647 mass shootings last year are terrifying numbers

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Outrageous and unacceptable is all Jo biden has to say wtf ..."

Outrageous and unacceptable.

Seems like appropriate words to describe a shooting.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately with the nra finding most of the politicians it's not likely to be changed anytime soon

Doesn't matter who the president is with a system that allows donations like that

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's much worse as there was a smaller one in Kentucky on the same day ...

Reply privately

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Don't worry they are asking for prayers- sorts everything

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The gun lobby has the politicians by the short and curlies.

Reply privately

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man
over a year ago

newport

"I didn't realise they had so many, 647 mass shootings last year are terrifying numbers "

143 so far this year and counting

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Republicans are losing their minds over Bud Light cans but seem to think that guns aren't an issue...

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

" The Republicans are losing their minds over Bud Light cans but seem to think that guns aren't an issue...

"

"This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper."

Reply privately

over a year ago

" The Republicans are losing their minds over Bud Light cans but seem to think that guns aren't an issue...

Not with a bang but a whimper.""

Sounds like their world is ending with a fair few bangs.

Reply privately

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Republicans say "It's not guns that kill, its mad persons using them, so don't ban the sale of guns"

I suggested "It's not fentanyl that kills is mad persons using it so don't ban fetntanyl"

They did not see the logic there.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sounds like their world is ending with a fair few bangs."

The bangs are directed the wrong way

Reply privately

over a year ago

The bangs are directed the wrong way"

Don’t worry, Joe has a handle on it….maybe after ice cream…

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Don’t worry, Joe has a handle on it….maybe after ice cream…"

Oh. That's constructive and original

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I'm sorry but why do you keep banging on about something that can't be influenced by us its Americas backward view of life thats created this, just leave them be to sort out the mess they've created

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sorry but why do you keep banging on about something that can't be influenced by us its Americas backward view of life thats created this, just leave them be to sort out the mess they've created "

It's a discussion, they're generally allowed in a forum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sorry but why do you keep banging on about something that can't be influenced by us its Americas backward view of life thats created this, just leave them be to sort out the mess they've created "

Why have conversations about any news story, or nature, or the cosmos. Its not likewise can influence them?!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Because I have empathy for human suffering

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

The gun control situation is ridiculous and imo lends itself to unruly and lawless, self regulating way of living.

In addition to the mass shooting there are two other stories which have been getting a lot of traction on social media over the weekend:

a) the police arrived to a late night/early morning domestic violence call and knocked on the wrong door. Home owner answers the door with a gun in his hand and the police take him out. His hysteric wife then fires back outside not realising it’s the police and they return fire. Thankfully there were no other fatalities.

b) a 16 year old goes to pick up his siblings and knocks on the wrong door. The homeowner answers and allegedly says ‘don’t come back here’ and shoots the kid in the head and then again when he’s on the floor. The kid is now fighting for his life and if he makes it through will likely suffer horrendous brain injuries. Not to mention the medical bills

When does it end?

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I'm sorry but why do you keep banging on about something that can't be influenced by us its Americas backward view of life thats created this, just leave them be to sort out the mess they've created

Why have conversations about any news story, or nature, or the cosmos. Its not likewise can influence them?!"

Its an age old problem in America though and its caused by guns something they won't relinquish even after tragedies like this and those before and the news harps on about negativity i for one would rather be ignorant of others ignorance, nothing will be done about it, the problem i mean not the nutter that did it

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm sorry but why do you keep banging on about something that can't be influenced by us its Americas backward view of life thats created this, just leave them be to sort out the mess they've created

Why have conversations about any news story, or nature, or the cosmos. Its not likewise can influence them?!Its an age old problem in America though and its caused by guns something they won't relinquish even after tragedies like this and those before and the news harps on about negativity i for one would rather be ignorant of others ignorance, nothing will be done about it, the problem i mean not the nutter that did it "

Presumably the title of the thread made it clear that this is not a topic you'd want to participate in?

Reply privately

By *entlemanrogueMan
over a year ago

Barrhead

Their are one or more mass shootings in the US almost every single day

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Their are one or more mass shootings in the US almost every single day"
exactly

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Why have conversations about any news story, or nature, or the cosmos. Its not likewise can influence them?!Its an age old problem in America though and its caused by guns something they won't relinquish even after tragedies like this and those before and the news harps on about negativity i for one would rather be ignorant of others ignorance, nothing will be done about it, the problem i mean not the nutter that did it

Presumably the title of the thread made it clear that this is not a topic you'd want to participate in?"

exactly the reason i said what i said

Reply privately

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

What concerns me is that all these thoughts and prayers don’t seem to work!

Perhaps there’s another answer?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why have conversations about any news story, or nature, or the cosmos. Its not likewise can influence them?!Its an age old problem in America though and its caused by guns something they won't relinquish even after tragedies like this and those before and the news harps on about negativity i for one would rather be ignorant of others ignorance, nothing will be done about it, the problem i mean not the nutter that did it

Presumably the title of the thread made it clear that this is not a topic you'd want to participate in?exactly the reason i said what i said "

Ok. So people talk about what they want to talk about, you don't like it, so you think we shouldn't talk about it?

Have you tried not engaging with content you don't like?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What concerns me is that all these thoughts and prayers don’t seem to work!

Perhaps there’s another answer? "

Make it law that all guns should have rainbows painted on them....

MrWho.

Reply privately

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

LOL

Amazing how some people can blame an object with no soul or mind for killing people. Guns aren't the problem it’s the persons using them that do the killing. Same as a knife lol its not the knife that killed it’s the person using it. Sadly until you change the human mind you won’t prevent killings.

America is only one place, albeit very large place lol, that has mass killings going on and in some much more. Banning weapons only prevents the good from having them, it certainly doesn't stop the bad getting them. Remember when UK banned guns lol. I remember a high-ranking Police official stating that Banning guns was not the best thing to do as it will drive the sale of firearms underground and will make it next to impossible for the Police to Trace the weapon to a person. Gun crime in the UK is up by many times since before the Ban. The problem doesn't lie with having weapons it’s the way the law is enforced. America already has Gun laws that should be followed but very few do.

If you look at pretty much all those who have carried out mass shootings there were many signs that should have prevented them from having any weapons. I have lived in many countries, and I can say if the rules are followed correctly there would be far less of a problem. Not mentioning these countries by name but in one, to buy a weapon you must have the correct authority. To get that you need to have a doctor’s and psychologist’s clearance, a Police clearance which your past is scrutinized in depth, and you need to have had the appropriate training. All need to done Annually. On top of that you could only have a weapon if you had a certified gun safe securely fixed to the wall. The law also stated that if a weapon was taken from you due to your own negligence and then used to kill someone else, you can be charged and jailed for manslaughter. In America there are rules and regulations but just never enforced.

Sadly, for the law to be enforced correctly will have many shouting out about Police interference lol.

Reply privately

By *ister_ee_1981Man
over a year ago

Sunniest Exeter...

"Don't worry they are asking for prayers- sorts everything "

Yep, it's worked so well with all the other...

Reply privately

By *egDaySkipperMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"LOL

Amazing how some people can blame an object with no soul or mind for killing people. Guns aren't the problem it’s the persons using them that do the killing. Same as a knife lol its not the knife that killed it’s the person using it. Sadly until you change the human mind you won’t prevent killings.

America is only one place, albeit very large place lol, that has mass killings going on and in some much more. Banning weapons only prevents the good from having them, it certainly doesn't stop the bad getting them. Remember when UK banned guns lol. I remember a high-ranking Police official stating that Banning guns was not the best thing to do as it will drive the sale of firearms underground and will make it next to impossible for the Police to Trace the weapon to a person. Gun crime in the UK is up by many times since before the Ban. The problem doesn't lie with having weapons it’s the way the law is enforced. America already has Gun laws that should be followed but very few do.

If you look at pretty much all those who have carried out mass shootings there were many signs that should have prevented them from having any weapons. I have lived in many countries, and I can say if the rules are followed correctly there would be far less of a problem. Not mentioning these countries by name but in one, to buy a weapon you must have the correct authority. To get that you need to have a doctor’s and psychologist’s clearance, a Police clearance which your past is scrutinized in depth, and you need to have had the appropriate training. All need to done Annually. On top of that you could only have a weapon if you had a certified gun safe securely fixed to the wall. The law also stated that if a weapon was taken from you due to your own negligence and then used to kill someone else, you can be charged and jailed for manslaughter. In America there are rules and regulations but just never enforced.

Sadly, for the law to be enforced correctly will have many shouting out about Police interference lol.

"

BuT GuNs DoNt KiLl PeOpLe, PeOpLe KiLl PeOpLe

Yeah, no shit, they use the GUNS to do the killing.

Brain dead thinking. If good guys having guns would be the solution for the problem then why are the kids still dying in schools.

Reply privately

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

[Removed by poster at 17/04/23 11:28:00]

Reply privately

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

Sounds like Khan on Stabbings.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"LOL

Brain dead thinking. If good guys having guns would be the solution for the problem then why are the kids still dying in schools."

. Because law abiding citizens can't carry on school property. Schools are gun free zones.

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

2nd amendment rights. Can’t take guns off people.

It’s mad that they can’t understand that they are the only country in the world that has these issues on a regular basis.

A civilian has no need for any kind of firearm besides licensed pest control people.

Reply privately

By *lueFireCouple
over a year ago

just somewhere around here

Because I have empathy for human suffering "

Sadly some Americans dont

Reply privately

By *egDaySkipperMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"LOL

Brain dead thinking. If good guys having guns would be the solution for the problem then why are the kids still dying in schools.. Because law abiding citizens can't carry on school property. Schools are gun free zones."

Then why to this day you don't have police officers guardian every school entrance?

Don't say it's too expensive because that money would be a drop in the ocean compared to your defence budget.

Reply privately

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

It’s not the guns. It’s the sad case of deranged people that are brought up with vidoe games and the culture of what these mass shootings bring.

Not having avl of guns would help but wouldn’t fix the underlying problem

Reply privately

By *egDaySkipperMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It’s not the guns. It’s the sad case of deranged people that are brought up with vidoe games and the culture of what these mass shootings bring.

Not having avl of guns would help but wouldn’t fix the underlying problem "

Yeah I'm sure the SHOOTING is not a GUN issue.

It's a video game issue.

It's a trans issue.

It's a mental health issue.

It's teachers not being armed issue.

It's not enough people having guns issue.

Fucking brain dead. God I hope this dumbass generation of people doesn't last.

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

"It’s not the guns. It’s the sad case of deranged people that are brought up with vidoe games and the culture of what these mass shootings bring.

Not having avl of guns would help but wouldn’t fix the underlying problem "

Every developed country has access to the same video games and films etc.

Only America has the daily mass shootings.

Reply privately

By *istysbbwWoman
over a year ago

swindon

Can’t get an abortion but can buy a gun and shoot everyone

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Wtf is he supposed to do when about 80% of the country go mental if anyone tries to stop them buying assault rifles with their groceries? There's probably a higher proportion of the population packing large calibre weapons than in Afghanistan.

Reply privately

By *ames stoneMan
over a year ago

bristol

They can ban books but not guns

Reply privately

over a year ago

"LOL

Brain dead thinking. If good guys having guns would be the solution for the problem then why are the kids still dying in schools.. Because law abiding citizens can't carry on school property. Schools are gun free zones.

Then why to this day you don't have police officers guardian every school entrance?

Don't say it's too expensive because that money would be a drop in the ocean compared to your defence budget."

I agree stop sending money overseas.

Reply privately

By *egDaySkipperMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"LOL

Brain dead thinking. If good guys having guns would be the solution for the problem then why are the kids still dying in schools.. Because law abiding citizens can't carry on school property. Schools are gun free zones.

Don't say it's too expensive because that money would be a drop in the ocean compared to your defence budget. I agree stop sending money overseas."

When they realise they have no logical answer to defend their gun problem...

It's an overseas problem now.

The kids in America are dying because of overseas problem now...

Reply privately

By *agnar73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

16th birthday. It’s just horrible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"LOL

Don't say it's too expensive because that money would be a drop in the ocean compared to your defence budget. I agree stop sending money overseas.

"

why do we need bases in the UK? That money for your defense can be spent here can it not ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its a country where big corporation and money call the shots. The politicians are puppets on strings for their donors.

Profit and money supersedes the welfare of thier citizens. Look at the low standard of food production regulations they allow. Its usually the poor or lower middle class that suffer from the gun violence, so its not a issue for the.

Its why a lot of money was poured into the brexit campaign. So that we can become like them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/04/23 12:22:26]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"LOL

Don't say it's too expensive because that money would be a drop in the ocean compared to your defence budget. I agree stop sending money overseas.

why do we need bases in the UK? That money for your defense can be spent here can it not ?"

You have bases overseas, so you can fight all your wars from overseas. Makes sense to have all these diversionary targets all scattered around the world away from the homeland.

Reply privately

By *egDaySkipperMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"LOL

why do we need bases in the UK? That money for your defense can be spent here can it not ?"

So you're trying to blame the rest of the world, for the fact YOUR country is building bases around the world?

??????

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

If you don't like the way your government spends money, take it up with your government.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

why do we need bases in the UK? That money for your defense can be spent here can it not ?

If you don't like the way your government spends money, take it up with your government."

I will in 2024

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes another mass shooting. It's still not going to change public perception. It's viewed as a everyday risk.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If they can't learn from Australia and UK I give up

Reply privately

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

Nothing changed since the last one , same words same lobby propaganda and protection of the gun industry. No matter who have been USA president , who is or who will become , is a war lost against a super powerful elite that wins billions in profit

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Presumably the title of the thread made it clear that this is not a topic you'd want to participate in?exactly the reason i said what i said

Ok. So people talk about what they want to talk about, you don't like it, so you think we shouldn't talk about it?

Have you tried not engaging with content you don't like?"

have you?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Presumably the title of the thread made it clear that this is not a topic you'd want to participate in?exactly the reason i said what i said

Have you tried not engaging with content you don't like?have you? "

I'm not the one saying a thread shouldn't be here.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Have you tried not engaging with content you don't like?have you?

I'm not the one saying a thread shouldn't be here."

yes but you are being negative about my comment which I'm entitled too and having seen 3 or 4 of this subject of thread and made positive comments about how to stop it and been mostly ignored until this one i think you should keep your comments to yourself, i know you won't because its against your make up to let anyone else have a negative opinion except you or indeed have the last word, knock yourself out

Reply privately

over a year ago

I carry everyday so does my husband. It's like grabbing you car keys.

Reply privately

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"I carry everyday so does my husband. It's like grabbing you car keys."

Can i have a lift , i lost my keys

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I carry everyday so does my husband. It's like grabbing you car keys.

Can i have a lift , i lost my keys "

Always

Reply privately

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

Like Chris Rock said starting charging $1000 a bullet maybe.

There is something very wrong in the American phychi that is a big problem. Sure gun control is required especially of assault rifles but I fear they will still happen. Other countries have large numbers of guns, admittedly not assault rifles and don't have the same problem. There is something in their society were those with issues think, I know the answer to my problem, I'll buy guns and shoot innocent people. This just doesn't happen as frequently in any other country. There is something very wrong that on a daily basis people feel it's their only way out. They have a social and mental health issue that needs addressing more than gun control.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Like Chris Rock said starting charging $1000 a bullet maybe.

There is something very wrong in the American phychi that is a big problem. Sure gun control is required especially of assault rifles but I fear they will still happen. Other countries have large numbers of guns, admittedly not assault rifles and don't have the same problem. There is something in their society were those with issues think, I know the answer to my problem, I'll buy guns and shoot innocent people. This just doesn't happen as frequently in any other country. There is something very wrong that on a daily basis people feel it's their only way out. They have a social and mental health issue that needs addressing more than gun control."

You do know alot of people reload thier own. we have a reloader and alot of people I know have them too. It wouldn't change anything.

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Thoughts and prayers again.

Reply privately

By *rishguy086Man
over a year ago

Limerick

"I carry everyday so does my husband. It's like grabbing you car keys."

Is that not the problem in the 1st place???

Every Tom, Dick and Harry can get all the guns they want.

When I was 14, I was on holidays in Florida with my family, we walked into a gun shop and the lad behind the counter handed me a samurai sword asking if I wanted it...

What sort of shite is that????

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There is something very wrong in the American phychi that is a big problem. Sure gun control is required especially of assault rifles but I fear they will still happen. Other countries have large numbers of guns, admittedly not assault rifles and don't have the same problem. There is something in their society were those with issues think, I know the answer to my problem, I'll buy guns and shoot innocent people. This just doesn't happen as frequently in any other country. There is something very wrong that on a daily basis people feel it's their only way out. They have a social and mental health issue that needs addressing more than gun control. You do know alot of people reload thier own. we have a reloader and alot of people I know have them too. It wouldn't change anything. "

As someone who sees the situation first hand what do you think would change things?

I have no idea myself and wouldn't presume to say but I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I carry everyday so does my husband. It's like grabbing you car keys.

Is that not the problem in the 1st place???

Every Tom, Dick and Harry can get all the guns they want.

When I was 14, I was on holidays in Florida with my family, we walked into a gun shop and the lad behind the counter handed me a samurai sword asking if I wanted it...

What sort of shite is that????"

I know right it's Florida why have a samurai sword in a gun shop.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is something very wrong in the American phychi that is a big problem. Sure gun control is required especially of assault rifles but I fear they will still happen. Other countries have large numbers of guns, admittedly not assault rifles and don't have the same problem. There is something in their society were those with issues think, I know the answer to my problem, I'll buy guns and shoot innocent people. This just doesn't happen as frequently in any other country. There is something very wrong that on a daily basis people feel it's their only way out. They have a social and mental health issue that needs addressing more than gun control. You do know alot of people reload thier own. we have a reloader and alot of people I know have them too. It wouldn't change anything. "

Is it worth reloading pistol ammo?

Rifle ammo I totally understand, I used to reload my own for target shooting (.338LM) but I can't imagine reloading 9mm, .45ACP or other pistol calibres would save you much.

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

When children get shot up in a nursery or school over 10yrs ago and nothing changes what makes you think anything will change now?

Maybe more thoughts and prayers will fix it.

America is a twisted broken Country.

Reply privately

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

If you look at Wikipedia I think it lists all the mass shootings in the USA.

A mass shooting is classed as 4 or more people.

They happen here daily in the US.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is something very wrong in the American phychi that is a big problem. Sure gun control is required especially of assault rifles but I fear they will still happen. Other countries have large numbers of guns, admittedly not assault rifles and don't have the same problem. There is something in their society were those with issues think, I know the answer to my problem, I'll buy guns and shoot innocent people. This just doesn't happen as frequently in any other country. There is something very wrong that on a daily basis people feel it's their only way out. They have a social and mental health issue that needs addressing more than gun control. You do know alot of people reload thier own. we have a reloader and alot of people I know have them too. It wouldn't change anything.

Rifle ammo I totally understand, I used to reload my own for target shooting (.338LM) but I can't imagine reloading 9mm, .45ACP or other pistol calibres would save you much."

couldn't get ammo during the pandemic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is something very wrong in the American phychi that is a big problem. Sure gun control is required especially of assault rifles but I fear they will still happen. Other countries have large numbers of guns, admittedly not assault rifles and don't have the same problem. There is something in their society were those with issues think, I know the answer to my problem, I'll buy guns and shoot innocent people. This just doesn't happen as frequently in any other country. There is something very wrong that on a daily basis people feel it's their only way out. They have a social and mental health issue that needs addressing more than gun control. You do know alot of people reload thier own. we have a reloader and alot of people I know have them too. It wouldn't change anything.

Rifle ammo I totally understand, I used to reload my own for target shooting (.338LM) but I can't imagine reloading 9mm, .45ACP or other pistol calibres would save you much. couldn't get ammo during the pandemic."

I remember seeing a lot of people in the US complaining that they couldn't get powder (pistol, rifle or shotgun) or primers to reload their own either and when they could the prices were sky high.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Rifle ammo I totally understand, I used to reload my own for target shooting (.338LM) but I can't imagine reloading 9mm, .45ACP or other pistol calibres would save you much. couldn't get ammo during the pandemic.

I remember seeing a lot of people in the US complaining that they couldn't get powder (pistol, rifle or shotgun) or primers to reload their own either and when they could the prices were sky high."

we bought the reloader powder primers and the dies prior when everything first started figuring it was going to happen when everything was getting shut down and everyone was buying firearms. It was crazy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don’t worry, Joe has a handle on it….maybe after ice cream…

Oh. That's constructive and original "

It’s as much as any US President has done on the last 50 years…

Reply privately

over a year ago

People just buy more firearms because the government can't be relied upon.

Reply privately

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"People just buy more firearms because the government can't be relied upon."

How's that working out?

Gbat

Reply privately

By *ogisticalBigManMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

""This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.""

So the Beautiful South lied when they said "The world won't end in darkness, it'll end in family fun"?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People just buy more firearms because the government can't be relied upon.

How's that working out?

Gbat "

Fine for me.

Reply privately

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

Because in America matey Kids can get their hands on the guns easily.... That is not an answer you gave its another excuse to remove all guns.... LOL

Have you considered how that would done? Guns can be made very simply. One country they make guns with the old metal conduit and use shotgun rounds. How would you stop them? Also now so many can simply print with 3D printers.... Should we Ban all Conduit and 3D printers because they kill people lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

How's that working out?

Gbat Fine for me."

I think this is what people outside the US can’t get their head around. It no longer matters why the situation exists, the mere fact that it does means you can’t rely on local or national authorities to be available when you need them (not that you ever really could, that was always a fallacy). Consequently, people have taken personal responsibility for their own safety. Even if you are fortunate enough to have a competent local police force, when seconds count, the police are at best minutes away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Because in America matey Kids can get their hands on the guns easily.... That is not an answer you gave its another excuse to remove all guns.... LOL

Have you considered how that would done? Guns can be made very simply. One country they make guns with the old metal conduit and use shotgun rounds. How would you stop them? Also now so many can simply print with 3D printers.... Should we Ban all Conduit and 3D printers because they kill people lol

"

We have guns from the 1800s. So imagine how many are out there unregistered. Only way you can get rid of them all is to kick down doors and confiscate each and everyone if them. Can't use the military to do it . So it's the status quo.

Reply privately

By *owestoft ManMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

Hmm Both UK and Oz still have a lot of Gun Crime. Just very difficult to tracer where the weapons come from and also forensics made more difficult to tie a weapon to a crime. Certainly not impossible but takes longer and is more difficult.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is not a gun crime issue per se. Criminals will always be able to access guns.

Most of these mass shootings are carried out by disturbed individuals who acquired their guns lawfully.

Keeping guns out of the hands of those who can’t be trusted with them is the issue.

Most armed criminals aren’t interested in shooting Joe public simply because there is no gain in it for them.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Because in America matey Kids can get their hands on the guns easily.... That is not an answer you gave its another excuse to remove all guns.... LOL

We have guns from the 1800s. So imagine how many are out there unregistered. Only way you can get rid of them all is to kick down doors and confiscate each and everyone if them. Can't use the military to do it . So it's the status quo."

You suggested before that having armed guards at schools was one way to tackle the problem.

What else could work?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is not a gun crime issue per se. Criminals will always be able to access guns.

Most of these mass shootings are carried out by disturbed individuals who acquired their guns lawfully.

Keeping guns out of the hands of those who can’t be trusted with them is the issue.

Most armed criminals aren’t interested in shooting Joe public simply because there is no gain in it for them."

I agree I have no issues with red flag laws.

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

The arming teachers always seemed to be a stupid option to me. I would be interested why anyone would think this was a reasonable idea.

Do you train every teacher or just a few ?

How would a teacher be differentiate between an active shooter and a trained teacher. Surely a nervous police officer or even fellow trained teacher may shoot them or each other by mistake ?

If they accidentally kill a student, teacher or police officer would they be prosecuted ?

If not why not they took a life, that person still died ?

Would you really get that many volunteers if they could be prosecuted ?

If that teacher was killed in the ‘line of duty’ would their families be adequately compensated ?

Would they be given an equally high powered semi or fully automatic weapon ?

Do you think a teacher could actually kill a child they may have taught in the past ?

I just watch (after the thoughts and prayers) Politicians and the NRA suggesting arming teachers and I always have those questions in my head.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is not a gun crime issue per se. Criminals will always be able to access guns.

Most armed criminals aren’t interested in shooting Joe public simply because there is no gain in it for them. I agree I have no issues with red flag laws."

For this to work, gun owners would have to submit to some form of registration with conditions confirming their suitability. I think this is where many get their panties in a bunch?

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Obama said in a conference, there are things that can be done, but the NRA is stopping them.

He wanted health evaluations, mental health checks, root out and aggressive tendancies, etc.

I did read somewhere that the NRA is loosing funding and members, due to not doing something about the gun control.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most armed criminals aren’t interested in shooting Joe public simply because there is no gain in it for them. I agree I have no issues with red flag laws.

For this to work, gun owners would have to submit to some form of registration with conditions confirming their suitability. I think this is where many get their panties in a bunch?"

yes but different states have different laws. California for instance has the toughest gun laws. Yet mass shooting still happen there. It's a complicated solution. I just follow the laws already in place. Like I am supposed to do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most armed criminals aren’t interested in shooting Joe public simply because there is no gain in it for them. I agree I have no issues with red flag laws.

For this to work, gun owners would have to submit to some form of registration with conditions confirming their suitability. I think this is where many get their panties in a bunch? yes but different states have different laws. California for instance has the toughest gun laws. Yet mass shooting still happen there. It's a complicated solution. I just follow the laws already in place. Like I am supposed to do. "

You don’t have compulsory medical reports, from a doctor, specifically designed to identify those with high risk conditions, particularly mental health?

Reply privately

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"Republicans say "It's not guns that kill, its mad persons using them, so don't ban the sale of guns"

I suggested "It's not fentanyl that kills is mad persons using it so don't ban fetntanyl"

They did not see the logic there. "

Guns don’t kill people, rappers do

Marc

Reply privately

over a year ago

For this to work, gun owners would have to submit to some form of registration with conditions confirming their suitability. I think this is where many get their panties in a bunch? yes but different states have different laws. California for instance has the toughest gun laws. Yet mass shooting still happen there. It's a complicated solution. I just follow the laws already in place. Like I am supposed to do.

You don’t have compulsory medical reports, from a doctor, specifically designed to identify those with high risk conditions, particularly mental health?"

nope just NCIS background and local background to conceal carry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For this to work, gun owners would have to submit to some form of registration with conditions confirming their suitability. I think this is where many get their panties in a bunch? yes but different states have different laws. California for instance has the toughest gun laws. Yet mass shooting still happen there. It's a complicated solution. I just follow the laws already in place. Like I am supposed to do.

You don’t have compulsory medical reports, from a doctor, specifically designed to identify those with high risk conditions, particularly mental health? nope just NCIS background and local background to conceal carry."

if you where committed to mental institution or you on drugs prescribed you can not have a conceal carry license here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You don’t have compulsory medical reports, from a doctor, specifically designed to identify those with high risk conditions, particularly mental health? nope just NCIS background and local background to conceal carry. if you where committed to mental institution or you on drugs prescribed you can not have a conceal carry license here."

Is this just a declaration from the applicant or do they have to get a report from their doctor?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You don’t have compulsory medical reports, from a doctor, specifically designed to identify those with high risk conditions, particularly mental health? nope just NCIS background and local background to conceal carry. if you where committed to mental institution or you on drugs prescribed you can not have a conceal carry license here.

Is this just a declaration from the applicant or do they have to get a report from their doctor?"

Pennsylvania has a mental health requirement that reports to the NCIS.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You don’t have compulsory medical reports, from a doctor, specifically designed to identify those with high risk conditions, particularly mental health? nope just NCIS background and local background to conceal carry. if you where committed to mental institution or you on drugs prescribed you can not have a conceal carry license here.

Is this just a declaration from the applicant or do they have to get a report from their doctor? Pennsylvania has a mental health requirement that reports to the NCIS. "

I had a look at the ICCS form and that looks to rely simply on a declaration from the applicant? Even if that form is subject to a NCIS check, if the applicant has never come to the notice of LE for mental health related issues, they won’t flag up, even if their doctor thinks they are batshit crazy?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. "

So paranoia and mass hysteria then...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer.

So paranoia and mass hysteria then..."

Pretty much sums it up. The pandemic and the unrest increased sales.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer.

So paranoia and mass hysteria then..."

Makes for an amazing marketing strategy..

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. "
So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first? "

Action beats reaction mostly

Reply privately

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"Don't worry they are asking for prayers- sorts everything "

I read somewhere that we're fast approaching a world shortage of thoughts and prayers

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't worry they are asking for prayers- sorts everything

I read somewhere that we're fast approaching a world shortage of thoughts and prayers"

Never, the last person left alive on the planet will still find a prayer …

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

So paranoia and mass hysteria then...

Makes for an amazing marketing strategy.."

What could possibly go wrong?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first? "
whoever pulls the trigger and who is better proficient. I go to the range all the time and see people with pistols totally miss with a 14 round magazine. Majority of people just mag dump basically spray and pray. It's not easy to be proficient. People close their eyes in anticipation of the recoil and the noise.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first? whoever pulls the trigger and who is better proficient. I go to the range all the time and see people with pistols totally miss with a 14 round magazine. Majority of people just mag dump basically spray and pray. It's not easy to be proficient. People close their eyes in anticipation of the recoil and the noise. "
Trigger jerking is fairly common.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first? whoever pulls the trigger and who is better proficient. I go to the range all the time and see people with pistols totally miss with a 14 round magazine. Majority of people just mag dump basically spray and pray. It's not easy to be proficient. People close their eyes in anticipation of the recoil and the noise. Trigger jerking is fairly common."

Faced with a real life gunfight, many 'trained' people react this way too..two way ranges have that effect..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first? whoever pulls the trigger and who is better proficient. I go to the range all the time and see people with pistols totally miss with a 14 round magazine. Majority of people just mag dump basically spray and pray. It's not easy to be proficient. People close their eyes in anticipation of the recoil and the noise. Trigger jerking is fairly common.

Faced with a real life gunfight, many 'trained' people react this way too..two way ranges have that effect.. "

of course adrenaline comes into play. The fight or flight instinct.

Reply privately

By *pen2UMan
over a year ago

Telford

"I didn't realise they had so many, 647 mass shootings last year are terrifying numbers

143 so far this year and counting "

Thats 1.34 mass shootings a day so far! It really is heartbreaking to hear and it's unforgiven how guns can be given to loterally anyone! There seriously need some order.

Reply privately

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

I think the saddest thing is that its not even shocking anymore. You see the news and you're just numb to it now because it happens so often in the usa.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first? whoever pulls the trigger and who is better proficient. I go to the range all the time and see people with pistols totally miss with a 14 round magazine. Majority of people just mag dump basically spray and pray. It's not easy to be proficient. People close their eyes in anticipation of the recoil and the noise. Trigger jerking is fairly common.

Faced with a real life gunfight, many 'trained' people react this way too..two way ranges have that effect.. "

I do 3 gun it helps to be better with stressful situations.

Reply privately

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

I don't think guns are the problem in the US or elsewhere. Its the idiots that have access to them. They need far tighter control on who has access to them as we do here. Their second amendment is the problem but no one will go against the gun lobby.

Knives attacks account for a similar death toll in the US. I'm just happy I don't stay there and have to worry about it.

It is sad though

Reply privately

over a year ago

Faced with a real life gunfight, many 'trained' people react this way too..two way ranges have that effect.. I do 3 gun it helps to be better with stressful situations."

That will kick in once you get over being shot at. Try some force on force simunitions training. It's quite sobering to see the realisation in people's face when they see that, if this was real, they just got shot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Faced with a real life gunfight, many 'trained' people react this way too..two way ranges have that effect.. I do 3 gun it helps to be better with stressful situations.

That will kick in once you get over being shot at. Try some force on force simunitions training. It's quite sobering to see the realisation in people's face when they see that, if this was real, they just got shot."

we both X military.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Then buy a handgun and have it at home for protection…

What is really the point of an “assault rifle” in civilian hands?

I think people forget there was an “assault weapon” ban between 1996 and 2006 as part of the Brady bill… so stuff the 2nd amendment!

To think the shooting at my university, Michigan State, was only 2 months ago! 3 students dead 5 injured badly…. It’s one of those things where if thinks what it’s like on the outside watching the reports, knowing people i went there with who now have kids there… and hearing them mentioning buildings and being able to build a mental map in your head….. is way way worse!

Reply privately

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

If dead children doesn't change anything nothing will the government is controlled by greed Congress don't care they just want money and the ira supplies it disgusting state of affairs

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think people forget there was an “assault weapon” ban between 1996 and 2006 as part of the Brady bill… so stuff the 2nd amendment!

To think the shooting at my university, Michigan State, was only 2 months ago! 3 students dead 5 injured badly…. It’s one of those things where if thinks what it’s like on the outside watching the reports, knowing people i went there with who now have kids there… and hearing them mentioning buildings and being able to build a mental map in your head….. is way way worse! "

You realize the Michigan shooter used a 9mm sig Sauer pistol...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Faced with a real life gunfight, many 'trained' people react this way too..two way ranges have that effect.. I do 3 gun it helps to be better with stressful situations.

That will kick in once you get over being shot at. Try some force on force simunitions training. It's quite sobering to see the realisation in people's face when they see that, if this was real, they just got shot. we both X military. "

Yes, I know. Hardly any of our military units do simunitions training. Blanks just do not cut it. Being shot, albeit notionally, concentrates the mind..

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

To think the shooting at my university, Michigan State, was only 2 months ago! 3 students dead 5 injured badly…. It’s one of those things where if thinks what it’s like on the outside watching the reports, knowing people i went there with who now have kids there… and hearing them mentioning buildings and being able to build a mental map in your head….. is way way worse! You realize the Michigan shooter used a 9mm sig Sauer pistol..."

And that’s what you took from my post…..

Let me say this… I just hope you never ever have to go through those hours like I did.. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy

Reply privately

over a year ago

To think the shooting at my university, Michigan State, was only 2 months ago! 3 students dead 5 injured badly…. It’s one of those things where if thinks what it’s like on the outside watching the reports, knowing people i went there with who now have kids there… and hearing them mentioning buildings and being able to build a mental map in your head….. is way way worse! You realize the Michigan shooter used a 9mm sig Sauer pistol...

Let me say this… I just hope you never ever have to go through those hours like I did.. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy "

But I did on 2 deployments for months not hours.

Reply privately

By *ix69Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Makes me laugh when they say “it’s our right, it’s the 2nd amendment” - exactly, it’s called an amendment, as in, it can be amended!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Makes me laugh when they say “it’s our right, it’s the 2nd amendment” - exactly, it’s called an amendment, as in, it can be amended! "
A amendment has to be ratified by 38 of the 50 states.26 are constitutional carry states. How do think that would play out ?

Reply privately

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

To think the shooting at my university, Michigan State, was only 2 months ago! 3 students dead 5 injured badly…. It’s one of those things where if thinks what it’s like on the outside watching the reports, knowing people i went there with who now have kids there… and hearing them mentioning buildings and being able to build a mental map in your head….. is way way worse! "

Would you ever go back to live there?

Reply privately

over a year ago

A quick google reveals the us firearms industry is worth 28billion dollars and they produce 9 million firearms a year, also note that for ever 100 people in America there are 120 pieces of firearms, obviously this is all estimates but the situation remains nuanced and difficult to dissect, from an outsiders point of view it seems ridiculous that you can buy assault weapons like it’s sweets out there, yes there’s gun crime and knife crime everywhere because humans are dicks, it will take one brave president and one almighty push to see a stronger clamp down, no parent should lose their child in this way, war is stupid, making things for war is stupid, the other issue needs to be mental health, you only have to go on twitter (not the most reliable source) to find heinous crimes committed on camera, no one is taking responsibility, teach responsibility in schools again, we have to or it’s just going to spiral down, Rome fell, so did Greece, it’s our turn to step back from the edge or watch us fail

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/04/23 20:59:43]

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

The latest is a 16 year old boy who went to pick his siblings up but went to the wrong house. Rang the bell. The man shot him in the head, then again when he was on the floor.

He had to go to three houses to try and get help - the 3rd told him to put his hands up and lay on the ground, before the called the police for help.

The man was RELEASED after a day.

The police said they can’t arrest him until they’ve spoken to the boy and have more evidence.

The boy was black and the man white.

I can guarantee if it were the other way round, he’s have been arrested.

Just abhorrent. What a world we live in

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

"The latest is a 16 year old boy who went to pick his siblings up but went to the wrong house. Rang the bell. The man shot him in the head, then again when he was on the floor.

He had to go to three houses to try and get help - the 3rd told him to put his hands up and lay on the ground, before the called the police for help.

The police said they can’t arrest him until they’ve spoken to the boy and have more evidence.

"

The aftermath is almost as disgraceful as the shooting itself.

Reply privately

By *exyBums22Couple
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

America is broken. It's too late to take all the guns away now, that ship has sailed. And a president who can't find his way out of a broom cupboard isn't gonna do jack.

They need extremely strict gun control laws in place.

Like come on who needs a bloody assault rifle to protect themselves.

If you absolutely have to have a gun. 1 handgun per household. Locked in a gun safe. Everyone in the household needs to be trained and thoroughly checked out prior to any license being given. Regularly.

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"The latest is a 16 year old boy who went to pick his siblings up but went to the wrong house. Rang the bell. The man shot him in the head, then again when he was on the floor.

The aftermath is almost as disgraceful as the shooting itself. "

Isn’t it. Couldn’t believe what I was reading.

Sadly it won’t be the last

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"

You can't comprehend it, can you. Feeling it's ok just to shoot someone (let alone a young boy) like that as they deigned to ring your doorbell. I guess it's because they felt secure enough that the justice system would protect them, but let's hope that is not proved right. Abhorrent's the word.

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"Makes me laugh when they say “it’s our right, it’s the 2nd amendment” - exactly, it’s called an amendment, as in, it can be amended! "

I had rather a funny conversation with a gun lover yeara ago, he couldn't accept that a stroke of the pen can make his guns dissappear. He wanted to defend his rights to own guns, with his own guns.

Reply privately

By *batMan
over a year ago

How's that working out?

Fine for me."

So far. Pity about all the other deaths though.

How has possessing your firearm protected you so far? Have you drawn it and a potential assailant has backed down? Or do you just feel safer carrying it? And I mean in your home area, not somewhere else on military duty.

I’m happy I don’t live in a country where it’s necessary to teach little kids active shooter drills.

Gbat

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Yes another mass shooting. It's still not going to change public perception. It's viewed as a everyday risk."

I view a lack of dropped kerbs as an everyday risk. I don't worry for one millisecond as to whether someone is going to shoot me or my family and my biggest fear for my daughter at school, is "have we brought the reading book on the right day?" Not "will she survive to be collected at the end?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

To think the shooting at my university, Michigan State, was only 2 months ago! 3 students dead 5 injured badly…. It’s one of those things where if thinks what it’s like on the outside watching the reports, knowing people i went there with who now have kids there… and hearing them mentioning buildings and being able to build a mental map in your head….. is way way worse! You realize the Michigan shooter used a 9mm sig Sauer pistol...

Let me say this… I just hope you never ever have to go through those hours like I did.. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy But I did on 2 deployments for months not hours."

You elected to do that, by taking a job in the military. People going to school, university and non-military/non-policing jobs do not elect to be exposed to gun violence.

Reply privately

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"Yes another mass shooting. It's still not going to change public perception. It's viewed as a everyday risk.

I view a lack of dropped kerbs as an everyday risk. I don't worry for one millisecond as to whether someone is going to shoot me or my family and my biggest fear for my daughter at school, is "have we brought the reading book on the right day?" Not "will she survive to be collected at the end?" "

Came to say something similar, it's a sad world that a small child has to be shown what could possibly happen in school and what to do when they all they should be doing is wondering what toy to play with or what picture to draw

T x

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Makes me laugh when they say “it’s our right, it’s the 2nd amendment” - exactly, it’s called an amendment, as in, it can be amended!

I had rather a funny conversation with a gun lover yeara ago, he couldn't accept that a stroke of the pen can make his guns dissappear. He wanted to defend his rights to own guns, with his own guns."

That'll work super well with militarised police.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Yes another mass shooting. It's still not going to change public perception. It's viewed as a everyday risk.

I view a lack of dropped kerbs as an everyday risk. I don't worry for one millisecond as to whether someone is going to shoot me or my family and my biggest fear for my daughter at school, is "have we brought the reading book on the right day?" Not "will she survive to be collected at the end?"

Came to say something similar, it's a sad world that a small child has to be shown what could possibly happen in school and what to do when they all they should be doing is wondering what toy to play with or what picture to draw

T x"

It's a complete mindfuck to me, that in a so-called modern, "world leading" country, the slaughter of children in schools and colleges is so commonplace so as to be casually accepted as an everyday risk.

We chose our daughter's school because it was nurturing and supportive and had great outdoor space, not because it has the highest level security, or an onsite police presence or a thorough "active shooter" policy..

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

T x

It's a complete mindfuck to me, that in a so-called modern, "world leading" country, the slaughter of children in schools and colleges is so commonplace so as to be casually accepted as an everyday risk.

We chose our daughter's school because it was nurturing and supportive and had great outdoor space, not because it has the highest level security, or an onsite police presence or a thorough "active shooter" policy.. "

When I was in primary school, there was a fire with some sort of chemical contamination which shuttered the school for a fortnight. We all had to be tested for lead poisoning and two people were hospitalised as a precaution.

It was regarded as traumatic at the time. It seems to me that that would be a cake walk compared to even active shooter drills.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

To think the shooting at my university, Michigan State, was only 2 months ago! 3 students dead 5 injured badly…. It’s one of those things where if thinks what it’s like on the outside watching the reports, knowing people i went there with who now have kids there… and hearing them mentioning buildings and being able to build a mental map in your head….. is way way worse!

Would you ever go back to live there?"

Me… no… I left New York after bullets whizzed past my head on a playground… plus I was a cocky SOB back then, not in a nasty way! Let’s just say street smarts to know who you could talk back to and who to leave well alone! I believe if I had stayed I wouldn’t be here

Michigan State I absolutely adored my time there… I wouldn’t be who I am where I am without going there…

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Update: they have just charged the homeowner

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Update: they have just charged the homeowner "

Thank fuck for that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good it stops the idiots.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Fairly weak charges though.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Fairly weak charges though. "

It might be weak now… but I don’t think you claim “stand your ground “ with shot 2 whilst he is literally on the floor after you almost blew his brains out with shot 1! If there is any hint of intent here then will throw federal race hate charges at him…

Homeowner Dude better be as clean as a whistle!!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Fairly weak charges though. "

Not quite…. This is going to take a bit of explaining…

In Missouri there is no state law as such of attempted murder… so the “assault” charges is a class a felony, which is the highest that can be charged and that carries a 10-30 year sentence

Now if there is a racial element to this the DOJ could charge him with attempted murder asa federal race hate crime….

You also need to note that Missouri is one of those states with a “stand your ground” law which you can almost guarantee is going to be this person’s defence

Reply privately

By *sianflower77Woman
over a year ago

Emerald City

Unfortunately the many people that are pro guns feel they have a god given right to bare arms.

You think by now the states would have learnt their lessons with the many mass shoutings and needless deaths of innocents.

What is it going to take for the US government to change the gun laws it’s absolutely diabolical that so many have lost their lives in vain.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In Missouri there is no state law as such of attempted murder… so the “assault” charges is a class a felony, which is the highest that can be charged and that carries a 10-30 year sentence

Now if there is a racial element to this the DOJ could charge him with attempted murder asa federal race hate crime….

You also need to note that Missouri is one of those states with a “stand your ground” law which you can almost guarantee is going to be this person’s defence "

if there is any hint of race playing any role he should be charged. What about the shooting in Saratoga county NY? Woman shot and killed for turning around in a driveway.Why isn't that headlines ?

Reply privately

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Me… no… I left New York after bullets whizzed past my head on a playground… plus I was a cocky SOB back then, not in a nasty way! Let’s just say street smarts to know who you could talk back to and who to leave well alone! I believe if I had stayed I wouldn’t be here

Michigan State I absolutely adored my time there… I wouldn’t be who I am where I am without going there…"

Wow, I can understand why you left...I thought you may say you wouldn't go back because I know a few people from the usa who now live here and they say the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Michigan State I absolutely adored my time there… I wouldn’t be who I am where I am without going there…

Wow, I can understand why you left...I thought you may say you wouldn't go back because I know a few people from the usa who now live here and they say the same.

"

MSU has a no gun campus policy. Even if you are law abiding and have a permit.

Reply privately

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

MSU has a no gun campus policy. Even if you are law abiding and have a permit."

Progress, they just need to roll it out nationwide.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

You also need to note that Missouri is one of those states with a “stand your ground” law which you can almost guarantee is going to be this person’s defence if there is any hint of race playing any role he should be charged. What about the shooting in Saratoga county NY? Woman shot and killed for turning around in a driveway.Why isn't that headlines ? "

It is here in the UK, on BBC news

Reply privately

By *batMan
over a year ago

Blu 1986,

I wonder if you missed my earlier question?

"How has possessing your firearm protected you so far? Have you drawn it and a potential assailant has backed down? Or do you just feel safer carrying it? And I mean in your home area, not somewhere else on military duty."

It's a genuine question and I'd be keen to hear what you would like to say.

Thanks.

Gbat

Reply privately

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

.ot a lot he can do. The gun lobby a d culture in the USA is so huge, profitable, and powerful that its impossible to regulate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Outrageous and unacceptable is all Jo biden has to say wtf ...

.ot a lot he can do. The gun lobby a d culture in the USA is so huge, profitable, and powerful that its impossible to regulate.

"

As President, he could issue an Executive Order, implementing more rigorous measures, but he's as spineless as his predecessors, all of them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes 3 times once with a bear. Once making a night deposit and once at a late night traffic light. You don't have to shoot until necessary to do so. Aiming one and warning or firing warning shots ( The bear) has the same effect. But calling the police to report incidents it gets ignored because there is no actual perpetrator involved after the fact. Was I supposed to shoot and call the police I told you So? They do not investigate hearsay.i wasn't harmed and no one around except me at the time. No money missing my car wasn't taken. The bear was not harmed. I just get told to stay vigilant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Upwards of 2 million DGUs every year I tend to believe it when I did 3 times.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Upwards of 2 million DGUs every year I tend to believe it when I did 3 times.

"

Defensive Gun Usages?..

Reply privately

over a year ago

So ask yourself why did the CDC pull DGUs off their website. It was on there can't tell me they don't help in situations. (Defensive gun use )

Reply privately

over a year ago

Defensive Gun Usages?.."

Yes they do not get reported anymore.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Defensive Gun Usages?.. Yes they do not get reported anymore."

Don't fit the narrative....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Defensive Gun Usages?.. Yes they do not get reported anymore.

Don't fit the narrative.... "

So I will carry everyday until I am told I can't anymore and neither can criminals.

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

As President, he could issue an Executive Order, implementing more rigorous measures, but he's as spineless as his predecessors, all of them."

The problem is that the criminals and psychotic don't apply for gun licences. So, with hundreds of thousands of weapons floating around, how do you control the uncontrollable?

So the American mentality is "If they have a gun, I want a gun." Which is how you see 70 Yr old women with a holstered Magnum...in the queue at Walmart.

It's not right but I see both sides of the argument. It's easier to go hard on guns when you start from our situation in Europe.

But how do you stop guns in their situation?

Democrats have nibbled at the edges of gun control, but even if they stop the sale of all guns, the value of used guns will elevate and their sale will go underground.

The fact that most of the perpetrators use suicide, or suicide by cop, as the end to it, the incidents just become tragedies and forgotten when another comes along.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't fit the narrative.... So I will carry everyday until I am told I can't anymore and neither can criminals."

Ironically. it's not your average armed criminal that's the issue here...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't fit the narrative.... So I will carry everyday until I am told I can't anymore and neither can criminals.

Ironically. it's not your average armed criminal that's the issue here..."

true but it's way better to try and not be a victim than do nothing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't fit the narrative.... So I will carry everyday until I am told I can't anymore and neither can criminals.

Ironically. it's not your average armed criminal that's the issue here... true but it's way better to try and not be a victim than do nothing. "

I agree, but the actual issue gets confused and everything just gets put into the 'All guns bad' tray..Be safe.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first?

Action beats reaction mostly "

so you fire and kill first?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ironically. it's not your average armed criminal that's the issue here... true but it's way better to try and not be a victim than do nothing.

I agree, but the actual issue gets confused and everything just gets put into the 'All guns bad' tray..Be safe.

"

393 million firearms in civilian hands. 20 million of those are AR-15s and I am supposed to be safe without a firearm. Like I said earlier it's like picking up car keys in the morning just like another necessity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just my opinion but I asked other people who recently purchased firearms at the range what was the reason for purchasing. The social unrest for protection is always a answer. So if someone pulls a gun on you you pull a gun, so who fires first?

Action beats reaction mostly so you fire and kill first? "

If a bad person pulls a gun on you with evil intent you have probably already lost the encounter. If you are lucky enough to be able to get a gun out in time and they haven't backed down, yes you shoot and you do not stop until the threat is gone.

Reply privately

By *cottish guy 555Man
over a year ago

London

Ironically. it's not your average armed criminal that's the issue here... true but it's way better to try and not be a victim than do nothing.

393 million firearms in civilian hands. 20 million of those are AR-15s and I am supposed to be safe without a firearm. Like I said earlier it's like picking up car keys in the morning just like another necessity."

Kept by the door, like the keys, in case you have to shoot someone who knocks on your door. Sounds completely safe and sane to me

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Action beats reaction mostly so you fire and kill first?

If a bad person pulls a gun on you with evil intent you have probably already lost the encounter. If you are lucky enough to be able to get a gun out in time and they haven't backed down, yes you shoot and you do not stop until the threat is gone."

Exactly so because the gun exists we shoot first ask questions later, if we use undue force in UK we are punished, so thats undue force without a gun

Reply privately

By *cottish guy 555Man
over a year ago

London

As President, he could issue an Executive Order, implementing more rigorous measures, but he's as spineless as his predecessors, all of them."

Not spineless, just practical. It's the equivalent of pissing into the wind in the states as they insist on clinging to half of a 250 year old suggestion.

They just choose to ignore the well regulated part

Reply privately

over a year ago

If a bad person pulls a gun on you with evil intent you have probably already lost the encounter. If you are lucky enough to be able to get a gun out in time and they haven't backed down, yes you shoot and you do not stop until the threat is gone.Exactly so because the gun exists we shoot first ask questions later, if we use undue force in UK we are punished, so thats undue force without a gun "

If someone is actually pointing a gun at you, which was your basic premise, are they likely to be asking directions to the nearest bus stop?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

As President, he could issue an Executive Order, implementing more rigorous measures, but he's as spineless as his predecessors, all of them.

Not spineless, just practical. It's the equivalent of pissing into the wind in the states as they insist on clinging to half of a 250 year old suggestion.

They just choose to ignore the well regulated part "

They should probably try something. The current plan of doing nothing hasn't worked.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

They just choose to ignore the well regulated part

They should probably try something. The current plan of doing nothing hasn't worked. "

Thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts. And. Prayers.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

If a bad person pulls a gun on you with evil intent you have probably already lost the encounter. If you are lucky enough to be able to get a gun out in time and they haven't backed down, yes you shoot and you do not stop until the threat is gone."

My point was nobody dies, no gun no death and undue force isn't murder whether justified or not

Reply privately