Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The laws of : 30's - 40's- 50's

Jump to newest

By *panishbull90 OP   Man
over a year ago

rochdale

I'm looking to be prepeared for the future. As you all know at certain age range there are some specific events that happens such as at your 30's all your friends have 1,2 or 3 kids they all are getting married , some other ones started a new hobby like cycling,etc.. I'm in that point now ( I'm the only one single and with no kids )

so , what is the typical stuff that I will face on my 40's? And 50's?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I'm looking to be prepeared for the future. As you all know at certain age range there are some specific events that happens such as at your 30's all your friends have 1,2 or 3 kids they all are getting married , some other ones started a new hobby like cycling,etc.. I'm in that point now ( I'm the only one single and with no kids )

"

I don't think that life really works like that. The only things that are guaranteed by age are that you will get less fit and more wrinkly the older you get...

By *mo512Man
over a year ago

LONDON

Be prepared to say 'aaaah' whenever you sit

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Who knows ... everyone's different! I know quite a few people who never had kids until their 30s, occasionally in their 40s and have male friends who started their families in their 50s!!!

I also have friends competing at world level sport in their 50s and know others who don't move in their 30s!

Thankfully everyone is different

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Life isn't that straightforward. Don't ever let your age define what you do

By *gentlemanMan
over a year ago

warrington

Age is just number, it’s how you feel that counts

over a year ago

You have a mid life crisis, bang a supermodel and start wearing golf clothes.

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Age 16-32 : Tri-weekly

Ages 32-55: Try-weekly

Over 55: Try-weakly

over a year ago

In your 40s your back will hurt. You’ll start thinking about new mattresses. You’ll have a favourite hob on the oven. Your eyesight will be a bit worse. You’ll notice little wrinkles that weren’t there yesterday.

On the plus side you’ll feel more confident, you won’t give as much of a shit about stuff and you’ll be more relaxed

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Thought it was more about when you're ready

But sometimes things happen that you've not been prepared for you can't always plan and prepare your future how/when

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

By the time you're 40 you will have a favourite wooden spoon and hob ring, and get excited over new appliances

over a year ago

rochdale

[Removed by poster at 16/04/23 08:23:04]

By *lumPuddingCouple
over a year ago

Doncaster

"In your 40s your back will hurt. You’ll start thinking about new mattresses. You’ll have a favourite hob on the oven. Your eyesight will be a bit worse. You’ll notice little wrinkles that weren’t there yesterday.

On the plus side you’ll feel more confident, you won’t give as much of a shit about stuff and you’ll be more relaxed "

Wow, this was spot on.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

get prepared for your dick to shrink when you hit 50,, mine hasnt but a lot do

over a year ago

rochdale

"Who knows ... everyone's different! I know quite a few people who never had kids until their 30s, occasionally in their 40s and have male friends who started their families in their 50s!!!

I also have friends competing at world level sport in their 50s and know others who don't move in their 30s!

Thankfully everyone is different "

I'm intrigued to know which sports they are getting involved at world level. Any inspiring stories?

Here is mine:

Last year I participate at the World Black Pudding Throwing Championships

Sounds funny but its totally genuine 

By *gentlemanMan
over a year ago

warrington

"In your 40s your back will hurt. You’ll start thinking about new mattresses. You’ll have a favourite hob on the oven. Your eyesight will be a bit worse. You’ll notice little wrinkles that weren’t there yesterday.

On the plus side you’ll feel more confident, you won’t give as much of a shit about stuff and you’ll be more relaxed "

I’ve had a favourite hob for years, top right of anyone is interested

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

40s is when work has the tipping point from being a career you strive for into a job that you resent.

Late 40s is when you catch Time Team on UK Gold and you get drawn in.

50s is when grey cardigans start looking attractive.

No - scrub all of that. Age doesn’t really matter, it’s just more opportunity for self development, being a better person and figuring out what’s important. You can do all of that whatever is going on around you.

over a year ago

In your 40's you become insatiably horny, but you're also permanently knackered so can never be arsed to do anything about it.

over a year ago

In your 40s you’ll look back and remember how fit and young you used to be in your 20’s-30s

I suspect I’ll look at my 40s the same way in my 50s.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"In your 40's you become insatiably horny, but you're also permanently knackered so can never be arsed to do anything about it.

"

I felt like this at 18 but progressed more energetic and very active

over a year ago

"Who knows ... everyone's different! I know quite a few people who never had kids until their 30s, occasionally in their 40s and have male friends who started their families in their 50s!!!

Thankfully everyone is different

I'm intrigued to know which sports they are getting involved at world level. Any inspiring stories?

Here is mine:

Last year I participate at the World Black Pudding Throwing Championships

Sounds funny but its totally genuine "

Oh it's a full on physical one, she's 3rd in Europe and 11th/12th onthe world now but it's age catagotised. When younger has a gold medal competing for GB in a totally different sport ...

Life isn't paint by numbers, what suits one person won't suit the next and that's awesome, the differences

You can do marathons or run or sail up until the day you die at any age or you can enjoy a quiet more sedate life or you can learn origami or anything that you want.

If your back hurts in your 40s get it treated because it doesn't have to ...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You will suddenly realise that you look stupid in your back to front cap and that you're the only one you know in the moshpit and you'll sit and wonder why all your mates chose to wear suits and dresses and dine out after the theatre. Scenes from Kevin n Perry will flash before your eyes and you will still sneak in in case your mum hears you and checks you are not sneaking girls in.

Nothing happens..... honestly nothing happens but that you let it.

I've just come in from a 20 jog... i'm 68. I wouldn't have done that every morning in my 20's or 30's . It's not all roses in your youth and shit at the end......

over a year ago

Your body failing you

I was very rarely poorly until I hit 50

I am 53 later this month

The last 2/3 years have taken it out of me medically

over a year ago

"You will suddenly realise that you look stupid in your back to front cap and that you're the only one you know in the moshpit and you'll sit and wonder why all your mates chose to wear suits and dresses and dine out after the theatre. Scenes from Kevin n Perry will flash before your eyes and you will still sneak in in case your mum hears you and checks you are not sneaking girls in.

Nothing happens..... honestly nothing happens but that you let it.

I've just come in from a 20 jog... i'm 68. I wouldn't have done that every morning in my 20's or 30's . It's not all roses in your youth and shit at the end...... "

Awesomely put ... love this ^^^

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

By the time you reach 50.

Your balls will be down to your knees and you will hardly be able to see anything without glasses,cock stops working on the plus side by the time you reach 55 you'll be happy to still be alive so you won't give a crap about the other stuff

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

I concur with Dee Jenerate. Trained in something my entire life, looking better then ever. Sure things ache but I feel amazing. Core strength off the charts. Spar full contact martial arts with young strong guys, lift heavy things. My instructor still competing on world stage at 52, know dozens of beasts in their 40s and 50s.Like can be what you want it to be, physically at least

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I'm looking to be prepeared for the future. As you all know at certain age range there are some specific events that happens such as at your 30's all your friends have 1,2 or 3 kids they all are getting married , some other ones started a new hobby like cycling,etc.. I'm in that point now ( I'm the only one single and with no kids )

"

40s and 50s are really interesting. You get your person and financial freedom if you made good choices in your 20s and 30s. Your biggest challenges are choosing which of the many hot women to date

By *aura987Couple
over a year ago

Brampton

From a couple in their 50’s you care less what people think, you decide to grab every opportunity you can because tomorrow isn’t promised, sex is more enjoyable because at our age you’ve had a lot more experience, most importantly you realise that maybe sometimes you can’t do everything you want but inside you are a more settled person yet still young at heart….don’t be in a rush to get older but there’s nowt to worry about….one day you’ll look back and hopefully say wow…what a ride of life….enjoy every second and make great memories

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

40s your just starting to train a little getting in shape... 50s this is when you really become a greek god ripped with muscle

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

Woman find you more attractive in your 50s it seems ,lots of nice single mums who like good chat and a charming chap

over a year ago

I’m mid 40’s and I’m a competitive bodybuilder, I wish I had started when I was younger, didn’t actually start until mid 30’s, fitter now than I have ever been

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"I’m mid 40’s and I’m a competitive bodybuilder, I wish I had started when I was younger, didn’t actually start until mid 30’s, fitter now than I have ever been "
,, and you cerainly do look fit..

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Well I've had the child who's now and adult so what does that mean for me as I near my 40s?

I never did the marriage thing, do I still do that? Or should I move right onto getting a life - I mean hobby?

over a year ago

Mid 40s still going strong never been married open to offers you sexy 60 something ladies

over a year ago

"40s is when work has the tipping point from being a career you strive for into a job that you resent

Late 40s is when you catch Time Team on UK Gold and you get drawn in.

50s is when grey cardigans start looking attractive.

No - scrub all of that. Age doesn’t really matter, it’s just more opportunity for self development, being a better person and figuring out what’s important. You can do all of that whatever is going on around you."

Lol someone never sent us the memo about the grey cardigans.

We are in our 50s but we most definitely don't feel our age.

over a year ago

Not quite the numbers but..

In your 20s you're worried what people are saying about you

In your 40s you don't care what people are saying about you

In your 60s you realise no one was ever talking about you.

over a year ago

"Not quite the numbers but..

In your 20s you're worried what people are saying about you

In your 40s you don't care what people are saying about you

In your 60s you realise no one was ever talking about you. "

I've so borrowed this ...

over a year ago

My (career) reflections...

20s. Try different things. The cost of failure is low. And actually having a range of experiences is better than being good at one thing

30s. Focus more on one area. This is where real gains are made.

40s. Take stock. The air is probably getting thinner. Do you have the skills, abilities, and motivation to keep going... Or have you reached a natural equilibrium where bills are covered and extra effort isn't worth the extra money.

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

OP I’m in exactly the same position as you. All my friends have settled down. Have to plan things months in advance. It’s hard!

So I’ve made new friends here, taken up wild swimming and hiking with a group (some super hot guys in there as well ) obviously do my fabbing stuff.

I’ve no idea what my 40s will bring but hopefully my friends kids will be able to fend for themselves by then.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

If planned ahead early enough in life 40s could be great, had my own life panned out like planned would have been working a bit less, ex would have given up work completely, kids reaching leaving school age and gaining independence, mortgage free on main place and rental one. Don’t live lavish so dont need a lot of income.

Break up fucked that though luckily I kept my house but now it’s working many years just to get back to we’re was before and the daunting task of trying to find someone with similar goals to build a life with while entering 40s

over a year ago

Yeah, take stuff as it comes up. If you try to have your life planned out it could be really boring… do what you want to do. Do what feels right at that time….

I’m 50 and single… didn’t see it happening, but trying to make the most of the situation by meeting new people and doing stuff I’ve never done.

Just live life as it comes!

By *aggonerMan
over a year ago

for a penny

"Be prepared to say 'aaaah' whenever you sit

"

And ‘oooh’ whenever you stand

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

40s - a lot of those people who partnered up in their thirties begin to separate and find different partners. Some have more children with the new partner. Fuel efficient cars and solar panels begin to look interesting

50s - realisation that there's probably more years behind than in front of you kicks in. Sports cars, motorbikes and botox make an appearance. You start attending weddings of your friends children and your friends begin to become grandparents. Men get their prostate checked and giggle about it in the pub, women go to a caravan to have their breasts squashed between metal plates and moan about it in the wine bar.

60s - fomo kicks in. One or two friends get ill, one or two go through second ltr breakups, one or two have yet more children with much younger partners and start wearing 'fashion' and having 'yoof' hair cuts. Your friends can't meet you on weekdays for coffee because they're looking after their grandchildren. You need an outfit suitable for funerals in your wardrobe.

70s - for goodness sake just get on with stuff before it's too late!

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

The future's uncertain and the end is always near. Age doesn't change that.

You can have it all everything that matters to you. You can find that person who is you soulmate and you want to be with forever. And it's all gone in a flash... Prepare? A delusion we have to feel like we are in control.

Life's a rental car, I'm handing mine in steam pissing out, bumper hanging off and more scratches than a weekend with mistressclaws.

By *aggonerMan
over a year ago

for a penny

You can’t ignore them, you have to think of 60s and beyond.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

My advice....don't plan. It all goes to shit. Live everyday the best you can, and be mean to nobody

over a year ago

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near. Age doesn't change that.

You can have it all everything that matters to you. You can find that person who is you soulmate and you want to be with forever. And it's all gone in a flash... Prepare? A delusion we have to feel like we are in control.

Life's a rental car, I'm handing mine in steam pissing out, bumper hanging off and more scratches than a weekend with mistressclaws."

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Hunter S. Thompson

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"By the time you're 40 you will have a favourite wooden spoon and hob ring, and get excited over new appliances "

Oh, now this made me smile so much. Yes!

And have odd little preferences about all sorts of boring things, like hanging up washing.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"get prepared for your dick to shrink when you hit 50,, mine hasnt but a lot do"

And if you make it into your 80s your dick has shrunk to the point where when asked by a partner if she could suck your dick your reply would be, If you can find it you can suck it.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

That may be the case for some, not all.

I married for the first time in my 20's. I've never fathered a child. I know people my age that are still single and always have been. Plenty that have had kids, divorces, remarried, changed jobs, moved countries etc.

Trying to fit into a stereotypical life in terms of achieving certain goals by a specific age is a terrible idea in my mind. It puts way too much pressure on people, leads to unrealistic expectancies, disappointments, can cause serious physical and mental health issues and for many pushes them to make bad life choices.

Go with the flow, let what will be 'be' and never compare yourself negatively to friends family and people you know just because they've achieved a life milestone.

Just be you, do you and enjoy life at your own pace. It's way more enjoyable and life often surprises you when you least expect it.

A

By *essicaandmarkCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"From a couple in their 50’s you care less what people think, you decide to grab every opportunity you can because tomorrow isn’t promised, sex is more enjoyable because at our age you’ve had a lot more experience, most importantly you realise that maybe sometimes you can’t do everything you want but inside you are a more settled person yet still young at heart….don’t be in a rush to get older but there’s nowt to worry about….one day you’ll look back and hopefully say wow…what a ride of life….enjoy every second and make great memories "

Spot on - late 40s here and completely agree with your summary x

By *opetop4UMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

In your 50's you take a Viagra before a meet, just in case....

You can be yourself and not give a toss about what others think of you.

You go to dimly lit restaurants and can't read the menu because the red letters are too small when the card is black or suchlike.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"

well 50s is a very common age barrier here so the end is nigh

over a year ago

"You have a mid life crisis, bang a supermodel and start wearing golf clothes. "

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

I don't think that life really works like that. The only things that are guaranteed by age are that you will get less fit and more wrinkly the older you get... "

Your balls will sag, you body make strange fart like noises, you need to pee more, wake up early and sleep early, complain about young people and grow hair in more places you could imagine whilst getting thinner on top.

Good times.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"

You're younger than us and we're not thinking about this shite yet

Tranquilo, hombre

But almost certainly, you'll be applying Just For Men; extracting hair from your nose and ears, and will enjoy trips to B&Q to peruse spanners and little bits for the garden

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

Everyone is different for me at 50 I was cycling 15 miles a day by 51 I was walking with a stick, on a restricted diet and taking a couple of hand fulls of tablets a day but know plenty my age and older that are as fit as a lop.

By *assagejMan
over a year ago

Bude

Run sub 20 min 5k and competing in triathlon at age group level . Day after need to come down the stairs on my arse !!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Retirement to look forward to in your 60s nearly 70s! By time u get there! I'm looking forward to it in July! X

over a year ago

rochdale

Life's a rental car, I'm handing mine in steam pissing out, bumper hanging off and more scratches than a weekend with mistressclaws.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Hunter S. Thompson"

This quote is brilliant!

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

I like this one ....

Socrates Quote

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.

It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

By *ffanotdykeCouple
over a year ago

Telford

I really didn't get started until I was 55 . Now nearly 20 years on I feel I'm hitting my peak mentally. Physically things are not quite so sharp but dreaming is always fun.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Hunter S. Thompson"

Got to love Hunter a personal favourite alongside Kerouac.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

Not at all.

I married and had a child in my 29s, divorced and then remarried early 30s.

Many don't start a family until their 30s or 40s, some never have children and stay happily single.

Forget about the clichés or others expecations and just live your life.

over a year ago

Hunter S. Thompson

Got to love Hunter a personal favourite alongside Kerouac. "

Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.

Jack Kerouac

A personal favourite of mine for sure

By *ubbyandHisHotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Be prepared to say 'aaaah' whenever you sit

"

it’s when i stand up and go ouch

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I really don't think you can plan your life. I and most of my friends had our children in our 20s yet a close friend didn't have her child until she was 45.

I was divorced by the time I was 30. Some arnt married by then.

You just have to take life as it comes

By *ddie1966Man
over a year ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

"Life isn't that straightforward. Don't ever let your age define what you do"

Absolutely right. Age is just a number. I'm doing more now than I any previous years. More stamina. More energy and more adventurous.

And I'm not just talking about the bedroom, but in general life!!!!

By *eanorWoman
over a year ago

?

There are no laws of being 30 -40-50 in my eyes lol

Post new Message to Thread