Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I love you

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Tell me about a time you recall telling someone you loved them for the first time.

Mine is: student halls, cooking chicken burgers. I’d said or done some kind of stupid shit that made us both laugh and I had to crouch down next to the oven, from laughing so much. Those special words popped out of his mouth, and it was so spontaneous and unexpected, we were both momentarily shocked, but then I said it back. It was the first time I’d ever said it to anyone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think I had just spunked on her face and she tried blowing me a bubble, thankfully she said it back and we've been together ever since

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Can't remember

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Tell me about a time you recall telling someone you loved them for the first time.

Mine is: student halls, cooking chicken burgers. I’d said or done some kind of stupid shit that made us both laugh and I had to crouch down next to the oven, from laughing so much. Those special words popped out of his mouth, and it was so spontaneous and unexpected, we were both momentarily shocked, but then I said it back. It was the first time I’d ever said it to anyone "

Ah, Red, that’s a lovely story and you sounded happy together

Mine was the first girlfriend who let me mount her. It wasn’t entirely because of that and it definitely wasn’t straight after the first time, but I was 18 and had fancied her for ages, she was awesome to go out with.

Unfortunately I wasn’t so awesome to go out with and she dumped me haha!

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I can’t remember the first time but it was with my husband. I met him age 18 and he was my first and only love.

I miss someone telling me that

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

About 5-6 I imagine. A friend I grew up with from as early as I can recall - our mum's where best mates.

We were sat in the garden together and she was picking petals off a daisy. Saying he loves me he loves me not. She got to the end and said he loves me not and her face dropped. So I said I love you and she kissed me. Awwww

over a year ago

The first time I held my newborn son in my arms, such a rush of love as I took in all his little features, his fluffy dark hair and counting his fingers and toes simply precious

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

In a relationship sense I've only said it to one person. We were just curled up together on the sofa watching a film and chatting. He just said it and although I was quite surprised I said it back. He said later that he hadn't meant to say it out loud as he didn't think I would feel the same

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

Were the chicken burgers good?

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I was about 14 and was holding my girlfriend in my arms after passionately snogging her - and it just slipped out.

There was an awkward moment when she said "I love you too" and I'd realised she'd thought I was talking to her and not my reflection in the mirror

over a year ago

I've only ever said it to 2 guys, I think.

Cannot remember either, I guess I'm just not that romantic

over a year ago

"I can’t remember the first time but it was with my husband. I met him age 18 and he was my first and only love.

I miss someone telling me that "

Me too x

over a year ago

"The first time I held my newborn son in my arms, such a rush of love as I took in all his little features, his fluffy dark hair and counting his fingers and toes simply precious "

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Does telling call centre staff count?

Yes i’m that idiot that ends almost every phone call with “love you!” By habit because I mostly only speak on the phone with people I love! family, good friends…

I do have a funny story about being told I love you though, first time ex said it was very early in relationship and my immediate response was to tell him not to be an idiot!

By *elcome68Man
over a year ago

manchester

aww thats sweet saying that . i chat with a female friend on the fone that iv'e not even met yet, but we always say to each other. i love you, its nice 2b nice, and we all know wen we ppl that we click with its took in the best possible way x

By *inkxRabbitWoman
over a year ago

Wok-ish Horsell temporarily

I've only been in love twice. Once was when I was 14 and fell madly in love with a chap at school who was exotic being danish. We were together until I was 20.

Then there's my fab buddy. We met 9 years ago and he still makes me weak at the knees. I just love him so much.

Then there's the husband. The less said about that the better.

By *ez669Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Tell me about a time you recall telling someone you loved them for the first time.

Mine is: student halls, cooking chicken burgers. I’d said or done some kind of stupid shit that made us both laugh and I had to crouch down next to the oven, from laughing so much. Those special words popped out of his mouth, and it was so spontaneous and unexpected, we were both momentarily shocked, but then I said it back. It was the first time I’d ever said it to anyone "

Does loving your pics count

over a year ago

My step dad.

Is the best man in my life.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

First time... It was my 19th birthday. I've never been somebody to go all in on celebrating it, so decided to go out for the day, as a couple after my -at the time- girlfriend persuading me to do so.

Was a pretty fun day, just us both in town. Ended it with a walk along the beach, sunset and all that romantic setting stuff, you know how it goes. So I say it... And nothing. Not even a "I know" - which would have been even better!

So that was awkward. Week later she broke up with me.

If I feel it, I say it. But that kind of rejection stays with you, difficult to just push aside and makes you fortify yourself before saying it to somebody new for the first time.

By *r_PinkMan
over a year ago

london stratford

Telling my 1st true love.

I was 18, she was 17. Odion in Barking.

Just after the film was over (cant remember the film though), just as we got out the cinema. I just looked at her and said " you know what? I fucking love you like I've never loved anyone else before".

She dumped me 3 months later for her first love!!!!!

By *elcome68Man
over a year ago

manchester

haha lol rabbit, that was nice to read about ur loves, glad still going strong with fab buddy, knowing the effect he still has on you, poor hubby lol

By *ornycouplefromguildfordCouple
over a year ago

Guildford

G and I had been chatting online for a while . We met on a blind date in a coffee shop. A few weeks and many happy dates later I told her that I loved her. It still annoys her that I was the first to say it ! We are still very much in love some 3 years later.

over a year ago

"I've only been in love twice. Once was when I was 14 and fell madly in love with a chap at school who was exotic being danish. We were together until I was 20.

Then there's my fab buddy. We met 9 years ago and he still makes me weak at the knees. I just love him so much.

Then there's the husband. The less said about that the better."

Ahh the Hubby.... sometimes he's at the bottom of the pile...and sometimes he's not even in the pile

over a year ago

"First time... It was my 19th birthday. I've never been somebody to go all in on celebrating it, so decided to go out for the day, as a couple after my -at the time- girlfriend persuading me to do so.

Was a pretty fun day, just us both in town. Ended it with a walk along the beach, sunset and all that romantic setting stuff, you know how it goes. So I say it... And nothing. Not even a "I know" - which would have been even better!

So that was awkward. Week later she broke up with me.

If I feel it, I say it. But that kind of rejection stays with you, difficult to just push aside and makes you fortify yourself before saying it to somebody new for the first time. "

I know...that kinda rejection is very very difficult to get over ...it's the one thing l never say now ..l did before but was just wasting my time ..there's nothing worse than when your feelings aren't returned..you of course are hoping they will be ..but alas ...

over a year ago

As the song says " thought l knew what love was ...what did l know " ...the good ol' .." l love you " ..ha ? ...if it's not returned then it's futile...there was a time when l did say it ...wasn't returned so you live with that until you don't anymore..l don't say it now for fear of rejection.. simply because if you do love someone.. you say it ..and it's not returned...ouch ...and anyway..lm along the lines of the song .." if you love somebody..set them free "..the old saying " if you love someone set them free ..if they come back they're yours forever...if they don't they were never yours in the first place "

over a year ago

I just said it to my cup of coffee right now.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Sometimes I like to say I love you instead of thank you. You should see the faces of blokes who hold a door open for me.

The mr

over a year ago

The first time I said it to F she cried, I'm a bit old fashioned in the sense I won't say I love you until I mean it, we were in my mam's kitchen F was having a bit of a break down about something before we got together, I cuddled her in told her it was all okay then whispered it "I love you" in her ear which obviously made me cry again

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I tell my friends I love them easily, it comes tumbling out of my lips giddily when I feel that surge of emotion, of care, of happiness. Love.

But romantic love? Well that's different. I've told partners/lovers I love you a little or I kind of love you because I do. It's not an overwhelming love, it's not one I can embrace fully for whatever reason. I guess saying it is empowering but also makes you vulnerable? I sometimes think people haven't loved me, not really. Just the ideal. I still always hold it really dear to me, I can remember the first time various people have told me that. The happiness it made me feel.

I've only told three people I love you. No caveating, no explaining it away later.

I was ugly crying, he drove back after leaving the hotel early for work. I'd realised I didn't want to see him infrequently, didn't want to be just a temporary feature in his life.

So, yeah, us in his car. Him sitting there, ready for work. Me ugly crying and drinking a pumpkin spice latte decided it would be a good idea to say I love you.

over a year ago

Some of the posts in this thread actually brought a tear to my eye. Reminded me it’s been a long while since I said it, or had it said to me.

Treasure the memories folks!

over a year ago

"…

Treasure the memories folks! "

Has anyone ever said “ I will love you forever”? I remember the first time I said that and I meant every damn word of it. FOREVER is a short time sometimes. True love was really true for me, I could only love one person that way. It involved my heart, my soul and my dreams, of course I’d remember saying it.

I don’t think I’ll ever get to say it again which is sad, and the knowing it wont be said to me again is even sadder. Also, to know the person you want to tell ‘I love you!’, will be saying it to someone else is terrifying.

Treasure the happy memories

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

"Some of the posts in this thread actually brought a tear to my eye. Reminded me it’s been a long while since I said it, or had it said to me.

Treasure the memories folks! "

I know right ...some lovely stories making feel happy for them and yearning for myself. No love at all in my early life, family never said it and to this day haven't. Was never part of my vocabulary. Probably in my late 20's before literally anyone ever said it to me. Felt very alien. I say it all the time now to friends and my daughters. I love saying it. Haven't said it in relationship in a quite a while

over a year ago

I've only ever said it to my wife and children. Those are not words I bandy around recklessly..

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

One woman here is absolute dynamite, needs lots of love,care and to be held forever.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"…

Has anyone ever said “ I will love you forever”? I remember the first time I said that and I meant every damn word of it. FOREVER is a short time sometimes. True love was really true for me, I could only love one person that way. It involved my heart, my soul and my dreams, of course I’d remember saying it.

I don’t think I’ll ever get to say it again which is sad, and the knowing it wont be said to me again is even sadder. Also, to know the person you want to tell ‘I love you!’, will be saying it to someone else is terrifying.

Treasure the happy memories "

Oh Woody.

I've only said it to one person. I know that's true and wholeheartedly believe that.

Outside of that? Love changes, people change. Your relationship can. I don't think I could love another person forever bar him. Care about them deeply, yes. But I've never had that chance for it outside of that to flourish to the point where I think, 'yes I could'.

I don't know about unconditional love for romantic partners. But I know the person who I'd love forever accepts me as me. All of my irksome ways. My doubts. Me. Without making me feel bad for being me.

And that's really rare to find.

So yes. I've said it once. And I think that's enough for me.

over a year ago

"…

Beautifully said

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

My most clear memory is saying it to my daughter not for the first time but the first time she actually understood it, she randomly asked “dad do you love me” to which I told her I loved her more than anything in the world and she got up from what she was doing and climbed on my knee and cuddled me it was a magical memory

By *hrek101Man
over a year ago

Herts

It's getting dusty in here, I've got some in my eyes

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

We both stared into each others eyes lovingly in bed. I had a lump in my throat. I stoked her hair away from her face.

I clumsily let the words out, my eyes filled up and she pulled me in and we kissed.

She said it all the time, but I’m far more guarded of my feelings, that word has powerful effects on me, a spell, a curse. It’s permanently committed me to them.

Now she died, I’m all alone.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"We both stared into each others eyes lovingly in bed. I had a lump in my throat. I stoked her hair away from her face.

I clumsily let the words out, my eyes filled up and she pulled me in and we kissed.

She said it all the time, but I’m far more guarded of my feelings, that word has powerful effects on me, a spell, a curse. It’s permanently committed me to them.

Now she died, I’m all alone."

.. powerful im filling up here,,

over a year ago

"We both stared into each others eyes lovingly in bed. I had a lump in my throat. I stoked her hair away from her face.

x

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Why am I reading this thread? Gosh it's making me a bit sad.

Beautifully poignant.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

The only time I have ever felt true unconditional love is when my daughter was born, this made any woman that said it to me in the past insignificant.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I remember it well…we’d been FB’s for a while, neither not wanting a relationship due to bad experiences but it was clear, the more we seen of each other, that we’d started getting the feels for each other.

We agreed to be become BF and GF and several weeks after, I told her that I loved her after a pretty intense sex session…she didn’t return it, which was fine as I knew it would take time and I could see it in her eyes anyway

We don’t often say it to each other as we can see it from our actions, our hugs, the way we look at each other.

K

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Here’s a weird one, I’ve already contributed about the first time I said the big words. I was young and they didn’t really mean anything, I guess I was overcome with teenage emotion (mainly gratitude haha).

But I literally cannot recall the last time I said it to someone. I suppose it was probably the ex from whom I split circa 2011 (and the thought makes me shudder). Wow. At least 13 years since I felt close enough to someone to say that.

I need love in my life again.

I want love in my life again.

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

Why I’m here, to at least help others find more spark while maintaining my distance.

Most of my veries are just me giving confidence back to others.

over a year ago

Wow. Hard hitting xxx

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Why I’m here, to at least help others find more spark while maintaining my distance.

Most of my veries are just me giving confidence back to others."

Do the women you've met know that you were giving them their confidence back?

By *egoMan
over a year ago

Preston

"Why I’m here, to at least help others find more spark while maintaining my distance.

Most of my veries are just me giving confidence back to others.

Do the women you've met know that you were giving them their confidence back?"

It comes from the messages, I help them grow courage. Some meets are just drives, others cuddles, maybe a kiss. Others I chaperone to clubs. I have a general rule that unless you jump on me, I’ll be your gay best friend. They nearly always find out, my heart is a pile of dust in a vile at home.

over a year ago

"I remember it well…we’d been FB’s for a while, neither not wanting a relationship due to bad experiences but it was clear, the more we seen of each other, that we’d started getting the feels for each other.

We agreed to be become BF and GF and several weeks after, I told her that I loved her after a pretty intense sex session…she didn’t return it, which was fine as I knew it would take time and I could see it in her eyes anyway

We don’t often say it to each other as we can see it from our actions, our hugs, the way we look at each other.

K "

This is so beautiful, K x

over a year ago

Thank OP for this interesting thread and to those who have provided their experiences.

Through the years and my experiences (in the name of romance) of saying those 3 words and meaning them, I think has certainly changed for me - my last LTR certainly changed that.

However, I've been single 6+ and miss hearing those words and saying those words.

I don't really know if I'd ever meet someone who truly "gets" or me or if that person exists. It's now a trust issue for me to eventually say those words. Sounds a bit sad lols!

over a year ago

"…

Oh Woody.

I've only said it to one person. I know that's true and wholeheartedly believe that.

Outside of that? Love changes, people change. Your relationship can. I don't think I could love another person forever bar him. Care about them deeply, yes. But I've never had that chance for it outside of that to flourish to the point where I think, 'yes I could'.

I don't know about unconditional love for romantic partners. But I know the person who I'd love forever accepts me as me. All of my irksome ways. My doubts. Me. Without making me feel bad for being me.

And that's really rare to find.

So yes. I've said it once. And I think that's enough for me."

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

"…

Forever was 12 years for my husband and I.

He died far too young and far too early.

I don’t think I’ll get to say it to anyone again. Part of me would love nothing more, but my heart is guarded as it’s been through unimaginable heartbreak, there’s a part of it missing and I’m not sure it could lose anymore

over a year ago

"…

Forever was 12 years for my husband and I.

He died far too young and far too early.

I don’t think I’ll get to say it to anyone again. Part of me would love nothing more, but my heart is guarded as it’s been through unimaginable heartbreak, there’s a part of it missing and I’m not sure it could lose anymore "

Oh Kinki B. hug

Post new Message to Thread