Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hillsborough

Jump to newest

By *uperS77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

15th April 1989, 97 excited anxious happy souls went into the sunshine to watch a football match in Sheffield. At around 3.30pm 96 would never see their families again, another fought on bravely for over 30 years until he too passed. Gone but never forgotten. They and their families will never walk alone.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"15th April 1989, 97 excited anxious happy souls went into the sunshine to watch a football match in Sheffield. At around 3.30pm 96 would never see their families again, another fought on bravely for over 30 years until he too passed. Gone but never forgotten. They and their families will never walk alone."

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never forgotten.

By *ommyTighMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 15/04/23 07:24:00]

By *urious is the VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Rickmansworth

I wasn't there, but watched it unfolding on the TV

So sad...

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

It’s something that shouldn’t have happened as Hillsborough was a stadium that always struggled with hosting big semifinals.As far back as 1981 or 1982 FA cup semifinal involving Tottenham there is still video evidence and pictures of Tottenham fans sitting or standing behind the goal because the end that the Tottenham fans were in became overcrowded.

over a year ago

"15th April 1989, 97 excited anxious happy souls went into the sunshine to watch a football match in Sheffield. At around 3.30pm 96 would never see their families again, another fought on bravely for over 30 years until he too passed. Gone but never forgotten. They and their families will never walk alone."

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Very proud of how us Arsenal fans observed the silence last week at Anfield

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

"Very proud of how us Arsenal fans observed the silence last week at Anfield "

Exactly well said.

over a year ago

My thoughts are with our entire football community today

Mrs

By *urious is the VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Rickmansworth

Yes, that was amazing! You could hear a pin drop.

over a year ago

Thoughts with all today

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I think him above needs to get updated on his information, there's always one

Always in our hearts and never forgotten YNWA

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I know people who are affected by the tragedy that day and also read a lot of the evidence. It wouldn’t take long to know the real ‘truth’ of what happened that day. The ‘Truth’ isn’t what the scum wrote afterwards.

I hope the Families can now find peace and their fight for justice has finally been realised.

Not a scouser or a Liverpool fan I should add. But lived there once and still work in the City. A place I have grown to love.

RIP the 97

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Sorry just to add as I couldn’t remember so googled it.

The families' fight was fully vindicated in April 2016, when the new inquest's jury found that the 96 had been unlawfully killed due to Duckenfield's gross negligence, and that no behaviour of Liverpool supporters had contributed to the disaster.26 May 2021

To counter what some one has said on this thread.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Never forgotten. YNWA

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

By *inojCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

As an excited 19yr old I went to watch a football match to support my heroes with friends.

I laid witness to a disaster from a safe place in a higher terrace through sheer luck as I had stood where others perished only 90 minutes prior to the start of the horror.

Other friends were not so lucky, either spending weeks in hospital or sadly like my neighbour never returning to his wife and daughters.

To read vile ignorant comments still being spilled onto any platform is beyond abhorrent.

RIP 97 beautiful people who thankfully had thousands of others to speak for them and deliver justice.

YWNA !!!

over a year ago

Had a couple of friends that went the match that day

Two didn’t return

My thoughts are with my friends that are still alive and dealing with issues connected to the match

And My two friends that didn’t return

I will see you soon my friends

YNWA

x

over a year ago

Ynwa

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Sorry just to add as I couldn’t remember so googled it.

The families' fight was fully vindicated in April 2016, when the new inquest's jury found that the 96 had been unlawfully killed due to Duckenfield's gross negligence, and that no behaviour of Liverpool supporters had contributed to the disaster.26 May 2021

To counter what some one has said on this thread. "

I came here to say this. Some people need to read the official inquiries/inquests rather than rely on what they read in The Sun in 1989.

over a year ago

There are many who were there who came home whose life was changed in so many ways. A few lads in my young lad in my village went that day; two in particular were massively affected by watch they saw; one took his own life a few years after and one struggled with alcohol addiction.

There are many victims of this disaster still struggling

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We got justice by clearing our name eventually.

The truth is there for people to read but there’ll always be people with bigoted views or who believe things written in a paper long ago.

The 97 will never be forgotten

YNWA

K

By *uninlondon69Man
over a year ago

Tower Bridge South

JFT97 YNWA

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok back to the OP please

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"As an excited 19yr old I went to watch a football match to support my heroes with friends.

I laid witness to a disaster from a safe place in a higher terrace through sheer luck as I had stood where others perished only 90 minutes prior to the start of the horror.

Other friends were not so lucky, either spending weeks in hospital or sadly like my neighbour never returning to his wife and daughters.

To read vile ignorant comments still being spilled onto any platform is beyond abhorrent.

RIP 97 beautiful people who thankfully had thousands of others to speak for them and deliver justice.

YWNA !!!"

I'm sorry for the trauma you suffered

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Classy fans

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"Very proud of how us Arsenal fans observed the silence last week at Anfield

Classy fans "

.. they showed great respect,,

over a year ago

This tragedy and the fire at Bradford are two times I have cried. RIP to all who had their lives taken away.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I know nothing about football and very little about the hillsborough tragedy. But I came here simply to convey my sympathies to anyone affected by it.

I’ve read all the above posts and can see some have personal experiences which must be horrible to carry with you through life. So unfair. I hope that you have achieved some sort of closure from all the investigations and reports; and that you are not remembering alone this weekend.

To all those in the footballing community and anyone else affected by this YNWA

Post new Message to Thread