FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When you throw the Irish boomerang away, it doesn't come back, but sings about coming back.

Jump to newest

By *madeus999 OP   Man
over a year ago

Greater Manchester

Discuss, Scottish boomerangs are the same.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why is it called a 'boomerang' though?

How did it get it's name...Did someone suddenly have an epiphany of; 'I shall maketh this device and herbyeth call it boomerang' and just like that we have the boomerang..

over a year ago

"Why is it called a 'boomerang' though?

How did it get it's name...Did someone suddenly have an epiphany of; 'I shall maketh this device and herbyeth call it boomerang' and just like that we have the boomerang..

"

The origin of the term is uncertain. One source asserts that the term entered the language in 1827, adapted from an extinct Aboriginal language of New South Wales, Australia, but mentions a variant, wo-mur-rang, which it dates to 1798.

over a year ago

The origin of the term is uncertain. One source asserts that the term entered the language in 1827, adapted from an extinct Aboriginal language of New South Wales, Australia, but mentions a variant, wo-mur-rang, which it dates to 1798."

Thanks Jennie, was starting to worry then x

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Well its obviously a fucking stick they threw, not a boomerang

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

No doubt the experts will be along to tell all.

My notion is that the word has its origins in the native language of the indigenous people who used this tool in their daily lives.

Am I in a parallel universe or did I just post something remotely sensible.

Wonders will never cease

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

The origin of the term is uncertain. One source asserts that the term entered the language in 1827, adapted from an extinct Aboriginal language of New South Wales, Australia, but mentions a variant, wo-mur-rang, which it dates to 1798."

There is always someone faster and smarter, story of my life.

over a year ago

No doubt the experts will be along to tell all.

My notion is that the word has its origins in the native language of the indigenous people who used this tool in their daily lives.

Am I in a parallel universe or did I just post something remotely sensible.

Wonders will never cease "

Thank you, you're a good egg, that's really helpful x

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I was hoping 'Irish boomerang' was something really cool on urban dictionary that would revitalise my sex life. I am sadly disappointed

over a year ago

The origin of the term is uncertain. One source asserts that the term entered the language in 1827, adapted from an extinct Aboriginal language of New South Wales, Australia, but mentions a variant, wo-mur-rang, which it dates to 1798.

Thanks Jennie, was starting to worry then x"

Wikipedia cut n paste.

I don't actually know very much at all!

I was going to make up some bollocks about French pastry chefs inventing it to get cakes out of the oven and calling it a 'beau meringue'

over a year ago

Thanks Jennie, was starting to worry then x

Wikipedia cut n paste.

I don't actually know very much at all!

I was going to make up some bollocks about French pastry chefs inventing it to get cakes out of the oven and calling it a 'beau meringue'"

I'd of believed it tbf

over a year ago

"Discuss, Scottish boomerangs are the same. "

Its easier to romanticise about where you came from, when you have no intentions of returning to it I'd say.

Post new Message to Thread