Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Having my first wax later

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm going for my first intimate wax later, not sure if I'm excited or scared lol

I usually shave as like been smooth, but find it irritates me Hoping waxing will work for me.

Please feel free to share any tips/experiences (good or bad!)

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ent1000Man
over a year ago

swanley

Always been tempted to wax instead of shave or veet but been to much of woos to try apparently can sting like hell

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

Take some ibuprofen beforehand.

Talk to your waxer.

The good ones are awesome and will explain it all and help you.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Exfoliate before. Really good hot shower, body scrub and make sure you exfoliate.

Don't trim yourself. You might trim too short, the beautician will be more than happy to do it herself and get it to the right length so she can remove hairs.

Say fuck it to embarrassment. It's just a foof. You're going to have to get into weird angles but that's good. They'll wax your bum. Be prepared for that one.

Don't drink. But do pop a couple of paracetamol before if wanted. About half hour should do it.

And as a woman who is booking one this morning.

Do not, I repeat, do not get cum on your freshly waxed foof. That stings.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

1. The person who is doing it has seen all sorts of bits. Please don't feel embarrassed.

2. Please, for the love of God, shower first!

3. The wax can feel rather warm. Just let the person know if it feels too hot.

You will be fine x

over a year ago

"Always been tempted to wax instead of shave or veet but been to much of woos to try apparently can sting like hell "

I'll let you know lol. Tho obviously from a woman's point of view

over a year ago

"Take some ibuprofen beforehand.

Talk to your waxer.

The good ones are awesome and will explain it all and help you. "

I messaged round a few before booking, as well as asking for recommendations, and this one seems good and easy to communicate with x

over a year ago

"Exfoliate before. Really good hot shower, body scrub and make sure you exfoliate.

Don't trim yourself. You might trim too short, the beautician will be more than happy to do it herself and get it to the right length so she can remove hairs.

Say fuck it to embarrassment. It's just a foof. You're going to have to get into weird angles but that's good. They'll wax your bum. Be prepared for that one.

Don't drink. But do pop a couple of paracetamol before if wanted. About half hour should do it.

And as a woman who is booking one this morning.

Do not, I repeat, do not get cum on your freshly waxed foof. That stings.

"

Thanks for the advice, haha, won't be getting cum on it for a while

over a year ago

"1. The person who is doing it has seen all sorts of bits. Please don't feel embarrassed.

2. Please, for the love of God, shower first!

3. The wax can feel rather warm. Just let the person know if it feels too hot.

You will be fine x"

Thanks. Not worried about feeling embarrassed, well not yet lol xx

By *ent1000Man
over a year ago

swanley

"Always been tempted to wax instead of shave or veet but been to much of woos to try apparently can sting like hell

I'll let you know lol. Tho obviously from a woman's point of view "

Look forward to hearing from you....

think the warm wax would feel rather nice it’s the bit that comes next that sends chills down my spine !

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

Only thing I’d add to the above is make sure they use hot wax and not strip wax - for me strip waxing hurts like a mofo in intimate areas (for days!) whereas hot wax pretty much pain free getting it done and no pain after.

Enjoy the smooth feeling you’ll have after and the fact that ingrowing hairs will be a thing of the past (used to get them all the time with shaving or strip waxing)

over a year ago

"Only thing I’d add to the above is make sure they use hot wax and not strip wax - for me strip waxing hurts like a mofo in intimate areas (for days!) whereas hot wax pretty much pain free getting it done and no pain after.

Enjoy the smooth feeling you’ll have after and the fact that ingrowing hairs will be a thing of the past (used to get them all the time with shaving or strip waxing) "

I suffer with ingrown hairs from shaving, horrid! Yes it's hot wax they use, not strips x

By *ent1000Man
over a year ago

swanley

Definitely a great tip ... no strip wax !

Do love the smooth soft feeling afterwards trouble with shaving it just doesn’t last

Never suffered with ingrowing hairs

Though my god the odd nik really smarts a bit lol

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

How do you find a good salon? Do I just need to be brave and ask in my WhatsApp mum groups?

J

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

"How do you find a good salon? Do I just need to be brave and ask in my WhatsApp mum groups?

J"

If you have a gc and you’re comfortable to ask for recommendations, do it! Can’t beat personal recommendations imho. Otherwise look for reviews online or search on the book of faces.

over a year ago

"How do you find a good salon? Do I just need to be brave and ask in my WhatsApp mum groups?

J"

I asked a couple of friends and on my local face book group for recommendations. Then I messaged a few to try get a feel for them, found one I liked near me with good reviews and was one others had recommended me xx

over a year ago

All done, lady doing it was lovely. Some areas made me flinch a bit but on the whole wasn't really painful

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

J

I asked a couple of friends and on my local face book group for recommendations. Then I messaged a few to try get a feel for them, found one I liked near me with good reviews and was one others had recommended me xx"

I have just asked on a group chat and got a good recommendation. Howling at some of the replies too. I'm a bit terrified and have a month to wait as the salon is so popular

J

over a year ago

J

I asked a couple of friends and on my local face book group for recommendations. Then I messaged a few to try get a feel for them, found one I liked near me with good reviews and was one others had recommended me xx

I have just asked on a group chat and got a good recommendation. Howling at some of the replies too. I'm a bit terrified and have a month to wait as the salon is so popular

J"

Glad you got a recommendation. I was a bit nervous but the lady really put me at ease. She said it's the main thing they do there, Hollywood wax. I was going to start with just bikini line but thought sod it, just take it all off haha x

By *ontWannaMissASwingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I had never had anything waxed before and decided to go full hollywood with the hot wax a couple of weeks back. Was mixed on the pain side of it, certain areas hurt more and certain areas not so much. It was painful to touch that night and very sensitive for another day or so after so you might want to factor that in when your picking your date to get it done as I didnt even want clothes touching initally let alone Mr R. Also I'm at the point now where the hair is growing back and I was hoping it would be different to shaving and I wouldn't break out in a rash, but sadly not. All its done is delay when I get it. I have been exfoliating but doesn't seem to have helped.

over a year ago

"I had never had anything waxed before and decided to go full hollywood with the hot wax a couple of weeks back. Was mixed on the pain side of it, certain areas hurt more and certain areas not so much. It was painful to touch that night and very sensitive for another day or so after so you might want to factor that in when your picking your date to get it done as I didnt even want clothes touching initally let alone Mr R. Also I'm at the point now where the hair is growing back and I was hoping it would be different to shaving and I wouldn't break out in a rash, but sadly not. All its done is delay when I get it. I have been exfoliating but doesn't seem to have helped. "

Yeah, I know they say no sex for 24/48 hrs so worth baring in mind when booking!

Sorry you've still broken out in a rash, I'm hoping to avoid that and ingrown hairs x

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"All done, lady doing it was lovely. Some areas made me flinch a bit but on the whole wasn't really painful "

Did she give you anything for the weekend afterwards?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I just think of the scene from 40 year old virgin!

It can be quite tender after , some women don’t like to play for a few days. It’s really nice as it grows back soft though

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I really want to get this done but the idea of the pain puts me off .

Getting my face done is bad enough.

Well done you though

By *ice_couple2012Couple
over a year ago

Leicester

"I had never had anything waxed before and decided to go full hollywood with the hot wax a couple of weeks back. Was mixed on the pain side of it, certain areas hurt more and certain areas not so much. It was painful to touch that night and very sensitive for another day or so after so you might want to factor that in when your picking your date to get it done as I didnt even want clothes touching initally let alone Mr R. Also I'm at the point now where the hair is growing back and I was hoping it would be different to shaving and I wouldn't break out in a rash, but sadly not. All it’s done is delay when I get it. I have been exfoliating but doesn't seem to have helped. "

I hope this would work for me too but sadly not. I stick to using a trimmer now but have a full leg wax

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

What? Not one request to see the results?

By *ectorRivaMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

I’ve been waxed before, after the 2nd strip couldn’t feel anything, body went into shock I think, was worth it tho.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Give it a whirl. I’ve had full body wax and I survived

By *rs Robinson no 1Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm going for my first intimate wax later, not sure if I'm excited or scared lol

I usually shave as like been smooth, but find it irritates me Hoping waxing will work for me.

Thanks "

Request an epidural or gas and air.....

You will be fine and it's worth it!!

Rx

over a year ago

"I really want to get this done but the idea of the pain puts me off .

Getting my face done is bad enough.

Well done you though "

Tbh having my eyebrows done was worse I think!

over a year ago

"I'm going for my first intimate wax later, not sure if I'm excited or scared lol

Thanks

Request an epidural or gas and air.....

You will be fine and it's worth it!!

Rx"

Haha didn't have either for giving birth

All done, wasn't too bad x

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Honestly you will be surprised how little it hurts.

Once you go regularly it comes back softer and grows back much slower. I’d never go back to shaving.

Exfoliating beforehand always helps. X

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Glad it wasn't too bad OP.

I'm slightly dreading mine. It's been some time. Perhaps too long.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Am I the only one who actually finds waxing rather relaxing?

By *oby BestMan
over a year ago

the shires

"Glad it wasn't too bad OP.

I'm slightly dreading mine. It's been some time. Perhaps too long. "

Will gladly kiss it better for you xxxx

over a year ago

"Am I the only one who actually finds waxing rather relaxing?"

I found it pretty relaxing too x

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Am I the only one who actually finds waxing rather relaxing?

I found it pretty relaxing too x"

Yay! Xx

over a year ago

"Am I the only one who actually finds waxing rather relaxing?

I found it pretty relaxing too x

Yay! Xx"

Nice to lay down and have some me time, and a nice chat with the lady doing it. Break from the kids haha x

By *scanioMan
over a year ago

Runcorn

I got a full body wax done before I went to Mexico I few years. Ever seen the film 40 year old virgin, the waxing scene? Well that was me. Never again, skin does feel like silk. But never again. Got told by the girl stop screaming and swearing it’s putting off the other customers

over a year ago

"I got a full body wax done before I went to Mexico I few years. Ever seen the film 40 year old virgin, the waxing scene? Well that was me. Never again, skin does feel like silk. But never again. Got told by the girl stop screaming and swearing it’s putting off the other customers "

Pmsl, yeah not what you wanna hear whilst your in the waiting room

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I had never had anything waxed before and decided to go full hollywood with the hot wax a couple of weeks back. Was mixed on the pain side of it, certain areas hurt more and certain areas not so much. It was painful to touch that night and very sensitive for another day or so after so you might want to factor that in when your picking your date to get it done as I didnt even want clothes touching initally let alone Mr R. Also I'm at the point now where the hair is growing back and I was hoping it would be different to shaving and I wouldn't break out in a rash, but sadly not. All its done is delay when I get it. I have been exfoliating but doesn't seem to have helped.

Yeah, I know they say no sex for 24/48 hrs so worth baring in mind when booking!

Sorry you've still broken out in a rash, I'm hoping to avoid that and ingrown hairs x"

No sex but lots of kissing it better gently that is make him want it even more.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

So how did it go??

over a year ago

"So how did it go??"

Very well thanks xxx

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"So how did it go??

Very well thanks xxx"

are you smooth as a babies bum?

over a year ago

"So how did it go??

Very well thanks xxxare you smooth as a babies bum? "

I Am indeed

over a year ago

Thought I'd update. 1 week on and still nice and smooth, no irritation or ingrown hairs. Been exfoliating and moisturising regularly. Loving not having to shave xx

By *ent1000Man
over a year ago

swanley

"Thought I'd update. 1 week on and still nice and smooth, no irritation or ingrown hairs. Been exfoliating and moisturising regularly. Loving not having to shave xx"

Thanks for the update.... guess I need to think about being brave xx

By *achel SmythTV/TS
over a year ago

Farnborough

I’ve often toyed with the idea of an intimate waxing … still to ‘pluck’ up the courage - forgive the terrible pun!!

I adore the feeling of being smooth - but wonder if it is worth it!! - a good old Gilette Venus seems to do it quite well

R xx

over a year ago

"I’ve often toyed with the idea of an intimate waxing … still to ‘pluck’ up the courage - forgive the terrible pun!!

I adore the feeling of being smooth - but wonder if it is worth it!! - a good old Gilette Venus seems to do it quite well

R xx"

I think it's well worth it, the pain wasn't too bad and loving the hassle of not shaving xx

Post new Message to Thread