Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Driverless cars

Jump to newest

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Is it the way forward. Not sure myself . Would always want to go for the wheel . Morning all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

There's been some nasty accidents in trials, I believe.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Once driverless cars are on the road, I can’t see how manually driven cars can be allowed.

The onboard computers in the cars will talk to each other, arranging priority etc.

A human driver will be unpredictable and be the weak link in the chain.

I think that the future will be driverless shuttles that pick you up on demand. It would be a subscription service, probably tiered to have posh pods for the rich!

Maybe even drones.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The only way I see them being common place, is in a restricted area, no human controlled vehicles, all autonomous and you use the system like a taxi.

By *acky RacersCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I don't want my car driven by my Internet history!

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

We’re halfway there already, look at all the women sat in the drivers seat

over a year ago

You'll never get me in one.

I love driving too much

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Is it the way forward. Not sure myself . Would always want to go for the wheel . Morning all "
You can't blame anyone for an accident, you can't say look where you're going, you can't say cmon man get a move on

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Not a chance, unless mine was the only car on the road, its other people I don't trust

over a year ago

There are already driverless taxis running in the USA. There's a driverless bus trial starting in Edinburgh soon.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Once driverless cars are on the road, I can’t see how manually driven cars can be allowed.

The onboard computers in the cars will talk to each other, arranging priority etc.

A human driver will be unpredictable and be the weak link in the chain.

I think that the future will be driverless shuttles that pick you up on demand. It would be a subscription service, probably tiered to have posh pods for the rich!

Maybe even drones.

"

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Last year Milton Keynes held a driverless car trial run.

You can imagine how that went everytime they got to a roundabout!

Caused mayhem with traffic building up behind them as well, as they were following them around in normal cars with people that could take over control of them if need be.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I drive for fun, not just to get around. So I’m not interested in autopilots thanks. Not for me.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I saw an article this week about a trial starting in Edinburgh. They’re going to have a driverless bus operating on a 14 mile stretch, and I’m all for pushing boundaries, but here’s what made me chuckle - there will have to be two employees on board. One to take over the operation of necessary and one as captain to help the lemmings.

How is that progress? Imagine the cost of developing, running and fixing these machines and paying an extra employee!

By *hillenCouple
over a year ago

Borehamwood

Possibly on motorways and dual carriageways but no where else. Imagine driving on a narrow country lane not wide enough for 2 vehicles to pass and something's coming towards you. How is this reconciled? Will both cars know where a place to reverse to is? Which one will reverse? There may be one car in one direction and 4 in the other. Human's would be able to sort this out eventually. In my opinion driverless cars are a solution looking for a problem.

over a year ago

Its a no from me . I like control

over a year ago

"I saw an article this week about a trial starting in Edinburgh. They’re going to have a driverless bus operating on a 14 mile stretch, and I’m all for pushing boundaries, but here’s what made me chuckle - there will have to be two employees on board. One to take over the operation of necessary and one as captain to help the lemmings.

How is that progress? Imagine the cost of developing, running and fixing these machines and paying an extra employee!"

We do like to waste money on strange transport ideas in Edinburgh

over a year ago

"Is it the way forward. Not sure myself . Would always want to go for the wheel . Morning all "

Morning Mr bus

This is not for me either

Like a hands on approach with cars

Had track day bought for me by daughters drove a prancing horse throbbing noise of engine sheer speed

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Women should be happy about this. Gives them more time to finish eating breakfast and putting on make up while the car gets them to work

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We do like to waste money on strange transport ideas in Edinburgh "

Hey, you can actually get a tram all the way to Leith now! It’s only taken … a decade? Longer?

over a year ago

"We do like to waste money on strange transport ideas in Edinburgh

Hey, you can actually get a tram all the way to Leith now! It’s only taken … a decade? Longer?"

I'm still not sure why you'd want to!!

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

There will be a lot of hanky panky in those potentially

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Massive fleets of driverless electric mini bus or mini trams will be the future in big cities.

Private car ownership will likely be as rare in 2060 as it was in 1910.

Post new Message to Thread