Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gosh, that's exciting...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

So... excitement.

Are you the sort of person to get excited easily? I'm not talking about in a sexual way, feel free to talk about that if you want though. But that excited feeling. Is it something you feel often? Does it take you by surprise?

When were you last excited about something? Or someone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I get excited about almost everything today I’m excited about having tomorrow off

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

God yes. I get overexcited. I even give myself a headache with it sometimes. I’m ridiculous . Always been like it.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I generally get excited easy but as the years have gone on I get less excited by things, I guess I always have that don't get too excited it could still go wrong in the back of my mind.

The last time was probably date night with the Mr, it's rare we get child free time so I was excited by that and at the moment it's out wedding and the Leeds social.

Mrs

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Morning Meli

I get excited just in general life. Current things I'm excited about include...

Hosting tomorrow's Nocturnal at 10pm here in the Lounge (shameless plug 3)

The Lounge Social in June

Our first holiday abroad in 4 years.

I get excited planning things, the build up and anticipation is a huge part of the fun for me.

I also adore vicarious excitement - you're excited? So am I! Bit too much of an empath sometimes

Are you excited Meli? Want to share so I can boing along with you

J

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I get excited about almost everything today I’m excited about having tomorrow off "

Aww, I think that's a lovely way to be! I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow.

over a year ago

I don't usually get excited for things until the day comes. But on the rare occasion I do, like getting S Club 7 tickets recently.. I'm buzzing

over a year ago

I get excited over loads of things, I like to find joy in the small things in life. I get excited now my tulips are flowering as it means only a few weeks away for my roses.

I get excited when Mr looks at me a certain way. In boring day to day life, I get excited when my commute is clear ha

Mrs

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Generally, yeah... I'm full puppy-dog energy about everything. Do you have new nails? Oh emm gee let's discuss this for 40mins and now I've missed my train!

Lately, I've been overwhelmed and I've noticed that has quietened a bit. Or, others have noticed. I'm definitely on the upswing of that now, though: I bought a new kitchen on the weekend and straight-up threw one of my legs through the window of the showroom, pretty embarrassing!

over a year ago

"Generally, yeah... I'm full puppy-dog energy about everything. Do you have new nails? Oh emm gee let's discuss this for 40mins and now I've missed my train!

Lately, I've been overwhelmed and I've noticed that has quietened a bit. Or, others have noticed. I'm definitely on the upswing of that now, though: I bought a new kitchen on the weekend and straight-up threw one of my legs through the window of the showroom, pretty embarrassing!

"

You threw your actual leg through a window?!

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Generally, yeah... I'm full puppy-dog energy about everything. Do you have new nails? Oh emm gee let's discuss this for 40mins and now I've missed my train!

You threw your actual leg through a window?! "

That wasn't even the weird bit, a squirrel tried to make off with it and I was like "Oi hang on pal, not havin' that!"

Bit of a scuff, bit of a hug, long story short, now we fight crime.

over a year ago

That wasn't even the weird bit, a squirrel tried to make off with it and I was like "Oi hang on pal, not havin' that!"

"

Right, now you’re gonna have to tell us the whole thing

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

There's a fine line between excitement and anxiety, and that seems to be the line I walk!

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"God yes. I get overexcited. I even give myself a headache with it sometimes. I’m ridiculous . Always been like it. "

Nora! This is adorable. To the point of getting a headache sometimes? I thought I was daft. It's nice to lean into excitement isn't it?

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"

At the risk of entirely derailing this thread, I want more of The Adventures of Dusk Defender and Secret Squirrel.

J

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes, I do get excited. Not overly excited though.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I can get excited about the smallest things - oh my gosh I got to say hello to the cutest puppy....

I'm not sure if that's just making sure to enjoy life's little moments or a testament of how boring my day to day life is

I'm going for the former just because I can

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Something excites me every day! How do people live if they don't see the wonder of it all ?

By *ixed MisterMan
over a year ago

London

I can be quite excitable at times about all kinds of things.... That new thing I ordered being delivered, being able to post of forums again , exciting plans, that nervous excitement when meeting someone even if it's not the 1st time, but best of all that moment when the weekend with my girls begins, it's even better this week because I get to pick them up from school as well

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

It’s always the little things that excite me ….

Like seeing the new merchandise we’ve got for the charity I work at had me jumping up and down like an excitable puppy on Monday

I’m excited about a theatre date and seeing a certain someone next Wednesday

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I'll have to go against the grain and say no I don't get excited about anything and haven't done for years.

I didn't even know it was a thing until a few years ago when I discovered I suffered from Anhedonia.

I won't try to explain it here because I don't fully understand it but just know how it affects me personally.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"I'll have to go against the grain and say no I don't get excited about anything and haven't done for years.

I didn't even know it was a thing until a few years ago when I discovered I suffered from Anhedonia.

I won't try to explain it here because I don't fully understand it but just know how it affects me personally. "

That's really interesting. Does it also affect your ability to feel negative emotions? Because it seems really unfair to have the lows but not the highs.

J

By *ilBWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

I get waaaaaaay to excited for everything, little things,big things, even if I know something bads gonna happen, I'm kinda pumped to see how it unfolds.

I'm currently trying to reign my excitment in because it gets on peoples tits, and not in a good way.

Also, getting excited for pencilled in stuff is my biggest downfall, when it doesn't happen.

I'm basically Chip and Dale's little sister, imagine that excitement...Yeah that.

I'm allowing myself some excitement for knowing I will tick off one of my fuckit list items soon though.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I'll have to go against the grain and say no I don't get excited about anything and haven't done for years.

I won't try to explain it here because I don't fully understand it but just know how it affects me personally.

That's really interesting. Does it also affect your ability to feel negative emotions? Because it seems really unfair to have the lows but not the highs.

J"

I'm not on the extreme end of the scale but everything is very samey.

I'm always present so can experience both highs and lows in the moment but there is virtually zero anticipation or lasting effects.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"You threw your actual leg through a window?!

At the risk of entirely derailing this thread, I want more of The Adventures of Dusk Defender and Secret Squirrel.

J"

Honestly, it's kinda derivative as stories go.

Pretty much a Rocket & Groot rip-off if I'm honest; he's got a mouth on him and thinks it's funny to steal body parts and while I bring a nice bit of wood to the team, I essentially have the emotional depth of a tree.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I get waaaaaaay to excited for everything, little things,big things, even if I know something bads gonna happen, I'm kinda pumped to see how it unfolds.

I'm currently trying to reign my excitment in because it gets on peoples tits, and not in a good way.

Also, getting excited for pencilled in stuff is my biggest downfall, when it doesn't happen.

I'm basically Chip and Dale's little sister, imagine that excitement...Yeah that.

I'm allowing myself some excitement for knowing I will tick off one of my fuckit list items soon though.

"

...I adore that excitement, for what its worth

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"You threw your actual leg through a window?!

J

Honestly, it's kinda derivative as stories go.

Pretty much a Rocket & Groot rip-off if I'm honest; he's got a mouth on him and thinks it's funny to steal body parts and while I bring a nice bit of wood to the team, I essentially have the emotional depth of a tree.

"

Always here for that kind of trope. The tree emotions thing - I take it you haven't seen/read The Sound Machine by Roald Dahl, it's dark

J

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"That's really interesting. Does it also affect your ability to feel negative emotions? Because it seems really unfair to have the lows but not the highs.

J

I'm not on the extreme end of the scale but everything is very samey.

I'm always present so can experience both highs and lows in the moment but there is virtually zero anticipation or lasting effects. "

Thanks for sharing

J

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Not so much, and definitely a lot less than not I used to. I put it down to getting more jaded with age, but maybe I'm just grumpy.

I like being around people who do, though, as it definitely helps me to feel the same. Oh no, maybe I'm Colin Robinson!

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I generally get excited easy but as the years have gone on I get less excited by things, I guess I always have that don't get too excited it could still go wrong in the back of my mind.

The last time was probably date night with the Mr, it's rare we get child free time so I was excited by that and at the moment it's out wedding and the Leeds social.

Mrs "

Your wedding?! You're getting married soon? Gosh that's very exciting!

I hope you embrace your excitement more in the coming days; sure, things might not happen. They might go wrong. But there's joy in hope isn't there?

Good luck with all the wedding planning! x

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I'm a very emotional person and my emotions are so obvious to anyone around as I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I was excited last week at my husband taking me out for the afternoon to the coast. I smile, a lot, and sing, and chat, and giggle. Excitement is a wonderful emotion.

My excitement is now building for the weekend

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Not so much, and definitely a lot less than not I used to. I put it down to getting more jaded with age, but maybe I'm just grumpy.

I like being around people who do, though, as it definitely helps me to feel the same. Oh no, maybe I'm Colin Robinson! "

I love Colin! The episode where Evie starts working in his office is just *chef's kiss*

J

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Meli, I'm taking over your thread. Sorry

*Sits on hands*

J

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Morning Meli

I get excited just in general life. Current things I'm excited about include...

Hosting tomorrow's Nocturnal at 10pm here in the Lounge (shameless plug 3)

The Lounge Social in June

Our first holiday abroad in 4 years.

I get excited planning things, the build up and anticipation is a huge part of the fun for me.

I also adore vicarious excitement - you're excited? So am I! Bit too much of an empath sometimes

Are you excited Meli? Want to share so I can boing along with you

J"

Oh Julie you're so utterly lovely you know? When I read you it's like a lovely warm feeling engulfs my soul.

I'm going to try and make the nocturnal even if only to say a brief hi. I might be wiped, I might be busy.

There's so much joy to be found in planning isn't there? All of the little things that help build the anticipation, the joy of having things to look forward to.

Where are you going on holiday? I'm excited to meet you at the social!

I'm excited. Very. I have a lovely date very soon which gives me butterflies every time I think about it. I love the ritualistic elements of getting ready.

I'm very excited about next weekend - a social where I'll get to see some wonderful friends and meet new people. Possibly kiss a couple. Then I have a club night where I get to meet my girl crush who I may stumble over hi when I see her. And a rather handsome wolf.

I'm also excited to see a dear friend's show. Can't wait for that - I'm going to bouncing with excitement all the way to the West End. And backstage. Got to do the groupie thing right?

I'm excited about a night out with someone who talks to me like he's waiting to utterly ravish me. I think I'm addicted to that feeling of someone desiring me, whenever someone calls me intoxicating I get that flutter.

And I'm really excited about a film night with the fiancé. Chance to be just us, no devices. That's a bit soppy huh?

I could have typed so much more but fuck this is a long Tigger-esque reply.

over a year ago

Totally depends on how well I'm coping with life. It's a good gauge as to how healthy my mind is. If things are going well everything excites me. A ginger looking bee in the garden? Wow! A friend meeting a new hot guy? Awesome! Adorable puppy in the street? Overload of joy!

If I'm struggling, overwhelmed and exhausted, it doesn't happen as much. Bigger things, like a holiday or a party, will make me feel anxious rather than excited.

Nell

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I don't usually get excited for things until the day comes. But on the rare occasion I do, like getting S Club 7 tickets recently.. I'm buzzing "

S Club 7! Gosh. How could you not be buzzing with that? I think it's sensible to not be excited too much until the day comes. But also... kind of fun to be.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I get excited over loads of things, I like to find joy in the small things in life. I get excited now my tulips are flowering as it means only a few weeks away for my roses.

I get excited when Mr looks at me a certain way. In boring day to day life, I get excited when my commute is clear ha

Mrs"

Oh tulips. I have a dear friend who adores his, I love his excitement about them.

Someone looking at you in a certain way? So sweet and very exciting! It's that little thrill of knowing they care. And want you. It's fuzzy warm feelings inducing isn't it?

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Hey CD you beautiful, anticlimactic man.

Sorry to read you've been feeling overwhelmed, that can have a far too sobering effect on your otherwise ecstatic self. I'm really glad you're on the up though now, fancy seeing my new nails?

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I get excited over the little things, big things that matter I tend to hold the excitement at bay in case anything goes wrong.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Hey CD you beautiful, anticlimactic man.

Sorry to read you've been feeling overwhelmed, that can have a far too sobering effect on your otherwise ecstatic self. I'm really glad you're on the up though now, fancy seeing my new nails?

"

...if you actually have new nails, I shall climax, probably.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"There's a fine line between excitement and anxiety, and that seems to be the line I walk!"

Ach. Anxiety? Some nerves are good, I like to think if you don't feel anything is it really that important to you? But then it's very individualistic, everyone responds differently. I hope your line walking tips in favour of excitement more oft Watcher, x

By *urious is the VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Rickmansworth

"I get excited about almost everything today I’m excited about having tomorrow off "

Same here, its only been a 3 day week, but a long one none the lease!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes and as I feed off those endorphins it sends me higher and higher till I'm a hot mess

Trying to only go out out only twice a month, has ended up with a weekend adventure away, every weekend till July now so, lots and lots to look forward to till the summer holidays break

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman
over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

Because I have borderline personality disorder I feel everything a million times strong so yes I get stupidly excited sometimes

By *uri00620Woman
over a year ago

Croydon

I won't try to explain it here because I don't fully understand it but just know how it affects me personally. "

Yes, same. I don't get upset or angry about anything particularly either. Pretty neutral about everything whatever it is, which actually can be awkward when you're meant to be really sad about something.

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"There's a fine line between excitement and anxiety, and that seems to be the line I walk!

Ach. Anxiety? Some nerves are good, I like to think if you don't feel anything is it really that important to you? But then it's very individualistic, everyone responds differently. I hope your line walking tips in favour of excitement more oft Watcher, x"

You're sweet, thank you!

Tbh I get extremely excited indeed about silly things - an unusual bird in the garden, a cat coming over to say hello to me, a new album by a band I like, that sort of thing. But things that are, as it were, "genuinely" exciting, like, BIG exciting things (think holidays, adventures, big nights out, and in particular meeting new people) tend to make me too excited and tip me over onto the anxious side. Ain't the human brain a wonderful thing?!

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Not so much, and definitely a lot less than not I used to. I put it down to getting more jaded with age, but maybe I'm just grumpy.

I like being around people who do, though, as it definitely helps me to feel the same. Oh no, maybe I'm Colin Robinson!

I love Colin! The episode where Evie starts working in his office is just *chef's kiss*

J"

I know! I might start another binge watch...

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Oh Julie you're so utterly lovely you know? When I read you it's like a lovely warm feeling engulfs my soul.

I'm going to try and make the nocturnal even if only to say a brief hi. I might be wiped, I might be busy.

There's so much joy to be found in planning isn't there? All of the little things that help build the anticipation, the joy of having things to look forward to.

Where are you going on holiday? I'm excited to meet you at the social!

I'm excited. Very. I have a lovely date very soon which gives me butterflies every time I think about it. I love the ritualistic elements of getting ready.

I'm very excited about next weekend - a social where I'll get to see some wonderful friends and meet new people. Possibly kiss a couple. Then I have a club night where I get to meet my girl crush who I may stumble over hi when I see her. And a rather handsome wolf.

I'm also excited to see a dear friend's show. Can't wait for that - I'm going to bouncing with excitement all the way to the West End. And backstage. Got to do the groupie thing right?

I'm excited about a night out with someone who talks to me like he's waiting to utterly ravish me. I think I'm addicted to that feeling of someone desiring me, whenever someone calls me intoxicating I get that flutter.

And I'm really excited about a film night with the fiancé. Chance to be just us, no devices. That's a bit soppy huh?

I could have typed so much more but fuck this is a long Tigger-esque reply. "

I've sat on my hands for a full hour so I'll let myself reply

No wonder you're excited. I'd be fit to burst!

We're going camping in the South of France. With a road trip either side with hotels!

Jx

over a year ago

Morning Meli.

What a great uplifting post!

I do get very excited about things. Not just big stuff either. Yes those things are lovely to look forward to but I'm the embarrassing woman who still drives to the coast and shouts 'I can see the sea' with childlike glee and wonder . My son's cringe everytime but its my happy place!

I get very excited for other people when they have things to look forward to as well, my friends going on holiday on Sunday and I've just sent her a text with a load of holiday emojis and the words 3 sleeps.

I'm a big kid really

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm not an over excitable person. Its quite awhile since I've been excited about anything other than seeing my grandchildren. I get very excited about seeing them

By *ilBWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

"I get waaaaaaay to excited for everything, little things,big things, even if I know something bads gonna happen, I'm kinda pumped to see how it unfolds.

...I adore that excitement, for what its worth "

Did Rocket steal your phone again?

I think he's bang up for it, dirty little rodent. I'm in.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I get excited, not often, but if there is something worth being excited about.

However, the brain goblins usually like to get in on the act... so the excitement doesn't tend to last long without being tempered.

I'm actually excited for next week right now... and doing my best to beat the goblins.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I don't tend to get excited before hand. But when I'm actually doing something I can be absolutely ridiculous. I'm like a small child who cannot contain their excitement. The last time I got proper excited was at the Knossos exhibition, there were wheat grains from 6500 BC I mean that makes me excited now still

over a year ago

"So... excitement.

Are you the sort of person to get excited easily? I'm not talking about in a sexual way, feel free to talk about that if you want though. But that excited feeling. Is it something you feel often? Does it take you by surprise?

When were you last excited about something? Or someone? "

I don't get excited very often, if at all

I would be one of those that would just say 'thank you' or 'that's great' if I won 100k on a radio competition or suchlike

TBH I wish I did exhibit more emotion

I feel, but I don't necessarily show

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I can get excited about the smallest things - oh my gosh I got to say hello to the cutest puppy....

I'm not sure if that's just making sure to enjoy life's little moments or a testament of how boring my day to day life is

I'm going for the former just because I can "

No, it's definitely enjoying life's little moments. There's a lot of simple happiness to be found every day isn't there? It's nice you embrace that.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Something excites me every day! How do people live if they don't see the wonder of it all ?"

I think sometimes people are just... rather inwards looking. Or maybe they don't feel it? I think you should live and enjoy the wonders of life but I can understand, kind of, why some don't.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

In the moment yes.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"So... excitement.

No I'm very dry,I'm not an excitable person.

Like the thread title I always come across as sarcastic.

I'd be one of those people you hear winning radio contest's who sound very underwhelmed.

Inside I'm screaming.

I guess it's just not cricket to show excitement I leave that to my staff,stiff upper lip and all that.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

I get excited all the time over stuff watching films // writing / painting/ seeing friends etc

By *ust a little bit moreWoman
over a year ago

kendal

I live to teeter right across that incredibly thin line too!!

over a year ago

"So... excitement.

I got excited hearing your voice, and then seeing your face Meli

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Lots to be excited about actually.

Im teaching a BJJ class this evening.

I’m playing football on Saturday and then watching my friend box that night.

Im sneaking into the West Ham end to watch them play my beloved Arsenal on Sunday.

I have the MCR social and pre social next Friday and Saturday

I’m competing in BJJ in June so my training ramps up from the two weeks today.

I’m also scheduled to be at the MLS in June

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I live to teeter right across that incredibly thin line too!!"

Solidarity, sister!

over a year ago

I get excited about chocolate , sex, eating out, sunshine, holidays, Nights away with my lovely hubby x

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Genuine butterflies, can't sit still excitement isn't something I've felt since I was a child.

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm little incapable of the emotion.

I tell people I'm excited about things, like going to see a band I like, or visiting a new country... But that's only because it comes across as super miserable when you keep saying you're not excited by these things.

I look forward to things, but I don't feel what I'd describe as excitement.

Or maybe I've just lost touch with what excitement is, or maybe the feeling is so fleeting with me it's gone before I notice it. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much from this emotion

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I can be quite excitable at times about all kinds of things.... That new thing I ordered being delivered, being able to post of forums again , exciting plans, that nervous excitement when meeting someone even if it's not the 1st time, but best of all that moment when the weekend with my girls begins, it's even better this week because I get to pick them up from school as well "

Aww Mister you utter sweetheart! It's good to read you on the fora again, missed your posts. I hope you have a brilliant time with your girls, I'm sure you will.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"It’s always the little things that excite me ….

Like seeing the new merchandise we’ve got for the charity I work at had me jumping up and down like an excitable puppy on Monday

I’m excited about a theatre date and seeing a certain someone next Wednesday "

Hey Cookie! Have a brilliant time with that certain someone, theatre dates are lovely aren't they?

You really do strike me as an excitable person, in the best of ways. x

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

Ah there's no need to explain it fully Reality; I remember reading posts about it before from you.

You still experience highs and lows in the moment so that's good. x

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I got very excited when new Ninja Speedi arrived in my kitchen....when I realised that although it cooks food faster it doesn't clean itself afterwards the excitement wained

over a year ago

I wondered if I might have bipolar disorder for a while, because I have very high highs and crashing terrible lows, but having lived with someone with it and worked closely with two, I don’t think I do. There’s often a lot of enthusiasm here, which some find annoying (some on this forum. Pretty obviously), but I tend to go with my enthusiasm, because I don’t know how long I’ve got before I withdraw because my crappy inner tyrant has taken over and reminded me of all the ways I’m rubbish again!

I’m doing alright currently though

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I get incredibly excited very easily. I also overthink myself into a pretty unpleasant spiral if I let it happen too soon. So I make myself not get excited or look forward to things pretty much until they're barely a moment away from happening.

I adore that happy fizziness getting ready to see the people that I care for. That electricity when someone tells me they're on their way or I set off somewhere. It's always been something I feel intensely and if I let it happen too far in advance I can't keep those levels up and it's like a full endorphin crash when they droop from the peaks. So I don't do that part.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

This is why you're wonderful though LilB. Your excitement is infectious in the best sort of way.

Don't rein in who you are. Bask in it, shamelessly. With joy. Excitement is great, so what if it gets on someone's tits? It's one of the reasons I adore you so much. And you're the best hype machine - endlessly excited for others excitement.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I’m pretty excited for a massage tomorrow but trying not to be too excited if you know what I mean

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

I like being around people who do, though, as it definitely helps me to feel the same. Oh no, maybe I'm Colin Robinson! "

Ha! No you're not! But, I did watch an episode of WWDitS inspired by you. Flippin' love Robinson, when he's all supercharged. And epic.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm a very emotional person and my emotions are so obvious to anyone around as I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I was excited last week at my husband taking me out for the afternoon to the coast. I smile, a lot, and sing, and chat, and giggle. Excitement is a wonderful emotion.

My excitement is now building for the weekend "

Oh Ruby you beautiful person.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend! I'm sure you will.

I like people who wear their heart on their sleeve. It's relatable. Makes me warm to someone. Like you.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Meli, I'm taking over your thread. Sorry

*Sits on hands*

J"

Julie. Please do. Post whatever, whenever. Don't still your hands, let your words flow freely. I've got nervous energy to burn up and no time for the gym so yeah, I'm going to forum it up for the next half hour or so.

over a year ago

"I got very excited when new Ninja Speedi arrived in my kitchen....when I realised that although it cooks food faster it doesn't clean itself afterwards the excitement wained "

The most difficult part of the GF cooking device was cleaning it afterwards...l know exactly what you mean.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I get excited over the little things, big things that matter I tend to hold the excitement at bay in case anything goes wrong. "

Hey Heat!

Is that a learned response from previous experiences? Sometimes I wish I could do that more readily, it would save my sadness/uncertainty when I've Tiggered rather irritatingly already. It sounds really rather sensible. x

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Yes and as I feed off those endorphins it sends me higher and higher till I'm a hot mess

Trying to only go out out only twice a month, has ended up with a weekend adventure away, every weekend till July now so, lots and lots to look forward to till the summer holidays break "

A weekend adventure every weekend? Gosh Compy, that's a lot of excitement and planning to have! I hope it all goes seamlessly for you and you have many brilliant memories made.

I'm trying to be a bit sensible currently. Limiting it to maybe two weekends a month. And a few days. It's going to be difficult to fit in everything I want to this year.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Because I have borderline personality disorder I feel everything a million times strong so yes I get stupidly excited sometimes "

Ahhh. That must be exhausting sometimes though? I don't have bpd but I'm very much high/low energy sadly. Far too easy to read as well darn it.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Morning Meli.

What a great uplifting post!

I do get very excited about things. Not just big stuff either. Yes those things are lovely to look forward to but I'm the embarrassing woman who still drives to the coast and shouts 'I can see the sea' with childlike glee and wonder . My son's cringe everytime but its my happy place!

I get very excited for other people when they have things to look forward to as well, my friends going on holiday on Sunday and I've just sent her a text with a load of holiday emojis and the words 3 sleeps.

I'm a big kid really "

Hello Wyld! I think that's lovely though - what's wrong with enjoying things? Being happy for another's happy? I hope you have many more excited exclamations on seeing the sea.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Totally depends on how well I'm coping with life. It's a good gauge as to how healthy my mind is. If things are going well everything excites me. A ginger looking bee in the garden? Wow! A friend meeting a new hot guy? Awesome! Adorable puppy in the street? Overload of joy!

If I'm struggling, overwhelmed and exhausted, it doesn't happen as much. Bigger things, like a holiday or a party, will make me feel anxious rather than excited.

Nell"

Oh Nell. Your mental health having a knock on effect is understandable. You recognise it does though. I hope things are going well for you you perfect elf. You deserve to feel excited at all of the little things. xx

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Oh I definitely get excited easily, I love the feeling of emotion just washing over you and losing all your sensibilities for a little bit as you act like a giddy child. It happens over sport, a TV show, the latest YouTube video from a channel coming out, and most recently, I bought tickets for the Off Menu podcast which is doing a tour later this year. I'm really excited for that!

over a year ago

"So... excitement.

I get excited about most things.. concerts.. sports..movies..a contact or message out of the blue ...kids achievements.. friends achievements..am absolutely delighted for them .. sometimes things can be a surprise and other things you know are coming up the tracks..am excited and happy about all of them and whatever it is l have to look forward too

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

"Lots to be excited about actually.

Im sneaking into the West Ham end to watch them play my beloved Arsenal on Sunday.

I’m also scheduled to be at the MLS in June "

Off to a great start. My class last night went really well

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Yes and as I feed off those endorphins it sends me higher and higher till I'm a hot mess

Trying to only go out out only twice a month, has ended up with a weekend adventure away, every weekend till July now so, lots and lots to look forward to till the summer holidays break

A weekend adventure every weekend? Gosh Compy, that's a lot of excitement and planning to have! I hope it all goes seamlessly for you and you have many brilliant memories made.

I'm trying to be a bit sensible currently. Limiting it to maybe two weekends a month. And a few days. It's going to be difficult to fit in everything I want to this year. "

Thank you Meli

It's just how event diary's have aligned with each other, from a Starwars museum to a Kaiser Chiefs concert, plus the various socials planned. Its going to be fun and knackering, luckily I have the summer hols off to recover

I hope you manage to fit in most of what you want to this year

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

Off to a great start. My class last night went really well "

That's brilliant news Gatekeeper! I hope BJJ goes well for you, am sure it will.

And in further exciting news...

I'll see you at the MCR social.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Off to a great start. My class last night went really well

That's brilliant news Gatekeeper! I hope BJJ goes well for you, am sure it will.

And in further exciting news...

I'll see you at the MCR social. "

You lucky thing

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

It’s a strange one for me, I get excited on the inside but repress it just incase things don’t work out or the occasion wasn’t as good as I had built it up in my head I guess it’s a bit of a self preservation type thing

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Thinking about this I remember before lockdown I was invited to a chocolate fair and it was heaven.

I ate loads of it and bought over £100 worth.

Darlings the goo inside them chocolate balls was such a surprise

Post new Message to Thread