Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

old

Jump to newest

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Recently there have been a couple of threads about being old or older.

I'm not talking about maturity here that's a different thing altogether.

How do you feel about 'older' whatever your age? Do you think older people should try to conceal signs of aging, cover up a bit, wear 'age appropriate' clothes and hair ? Should older try to look and behave younger or not?

Is age just a number to you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think anyone should do anything they don't want to because of age. If people are happy and able so what

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

If you are still enjoying life it doesn't matter.

Keep on shaggin

over a year ago

People should just carry on doing what they feel like, as long as their back and knees let's em...

By *oyahandrussCouple
over a year ago

Nr Rugby

[Removed by poster at 12/04/23 16:23:38]

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Age isn't just a number for me.

I'm a grandfather but have really only started exploring life in the last 8 years.

I dress how I want, I'm computer literate and I'm proud of how I look just as I am without going to the gym or dying my hair or beard.

I've never followed trends or fashion at any stage in my life and never been influenced by peers so I will continue as I've always done.

By *oyahandrussCouple
over a year ago

Nr Rugby

For me ages is just a number some people are born old.Its also about how you feel not how you look.

over a year ago

"Recently there have been a couple of threads about being old or older.

How do you feel about 'older' whatever your age? Do you think older people should try to conceal signs of aging, cover up a bit, wear 'age appropriate' clothes and hair ? Should older try to look and behave younger or not?

Is age just a number to you?"

You don't stop doing the things you love because you grow old ...you grow old when you stop doing the things you love.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

I wouldn't judge or tell anyone "older" than me what they should do,wear,see, do etc etc.....

But, I couldn't personally meet anyone over a certain age range as my parents are only early 60's so wouldn't feel right to me.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Really I'm interested in the general attitude to 'old' not so much in the sexual sense but how people overall view older age.

I don't think attitudes have changed a great deal myself.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I am definitely feeling at least my age today lol.

I think I've always prized being comfortable in attire over aesthetics.

I don't think anyone should feel like they need to comply with social conventions, in fact the term itself irritates me.

I just saw a squirrel run into my garden and got excited. I don't know what maturity is but if it's losing that I'm not sold on the concept.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I am definitely feeling at least my age today lol.

I don't think anyone should feel like they need to comply with social conventions, in fact the term itself irritates me.

I just saw a squirrel run into my garden and got excited. I don't know what maturity is but if it's losing that I'm not sold on the concept."

It can be difficult not to comply with social conventions in certain situations though.

Maturity involves being excited by squirrels I think.

By *amesB66Man
over a year ago

St Peter Port

Now in my late 50s, I'm enjoying my life more than ever. More time, less stress, greater freedom and a far more chilled outlook on life.

Being less concerned with how others view me is another bonus.

over a year ago

I dont feel my days are numbered but...I am very aware of the impact of age on my body. Things aren't as they used to be and while on the surface age has never bothered me I'm now very conscious of meeting anyone a lot younger than me as I cant help but think I will be compared to younger/firmer partners a man may have had.

By *amesB66Man
over a year ago

St Peter Port

I still get excited by squirrels too!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Older age falls into a few categories for me, and yeah I am stereotyping.

The puckermouth if looks could make me vanish intolerant of anything.

The airy fairy no sense of who's around, with the are you sure I reversed Into you look.

The fun loving cheeky chappies who are kind, firm but fair.

The ravers whose heads will always be in their 20's regardless of any walking aids

And the sexual deviants in the care home strolling the hallway in the night, before nipping in for a bit of how's your fanny

Old age is just another journey that I am looking forward to

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

no i think they should let it hang how it hangs if its down to your knees so be it, i think some people by virtue of age still look amazing and you are one of those people

By *moothshaftMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Well, this is where I have a problem.

Being 66 this year, and a 'responsible' grandad, I feel only 36 inside. This becomes even more of a problem when I hop on my Honda Fireblade with full leathers on, I then become a teenager!!

Anyway, when I'm out for a few beers, I look good, smell good, and with an excellent bedside manner.

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Think the op is secretly doing some shopping here

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I'm fab old, but still feel fresh, and about 20 years younger in my mind

By *haron StonerTV/TS
over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Old people, I think, are the ones who drive around like gold fish gasping for oxygen.

You see'em everywhere, driving around with there mouth gaping open, sucking in the air.

Not that I'm ageist.

By *opetop4UMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 12/04/23 17:01:16]

By *opetop4UMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

It's such a gradual thing that you don't really feel yourself getting old.

The marathons become half marathons and then a half hour plod around the park.

You don't suddenly get a feeling of being old and change your fitness / clothing / sex life in an instant.

As an earlier poster said, life can be great.

Divorced, kids away, mortgage free and on Fab

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

More mature people should alway celebrate having experienced life and continue to live life, why hide or cover that up.

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I am who I am, yes the mature years may have caught up with me.

As for being told how to dress and and act my age will only light the blue touch paper.

Now Where's my slippers

over a year ago

I'm the age I am and celebrate it every day ... it's denied to so many

over a year ago

In terms of style and dress, it all depends on the person and the circumstances, in my humble opinion. There are people who keep on rocking as they always have, and they look… well…a bit silly (Madonna, being one), and there are some who haven’t changed their approach to fashion etc and still make it work (JLo).

I can’t wear a mini skirt down the high street anymore, but I could get away with it near the beach on holiday.

Retinol, botox, fillers, cosmetic surgery, and any number of other treatments people use to feel more youthful…if they’ve got the money and the inclination and it makes them feeeeeel better, why not? I’m a huge fan of makeover programmes like Ten Years Younger, more from the perspective that a lot of the people on those shows are able to reclaim some youth and confidence that they had entirely missed out on

But ‘acting’ older? Nah. There’s a time for silliness and a time for being serious, but I don’t think we’re talking about that here. My lovely Grandma was mischievous and young minded to the end, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

And that, is my tuppence worth

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I just saw a squirrel run into my garden and got excited. I don't know what maturity is but if it's losing that I'm not sold on the concept."

If you don't get excited by squirrels, there's something very wrong with you.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I believe everyone should dress, look and act however they want to.

I'm 84 at the moment.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I can't wait until I'm old enough to say what's on my mind and get away with it.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple
over a year ago

Neath valley.

I joanne prefer older but i am not ageist so am open but there has to be chemistry via a social to want to meet them for sex. I do prefer men a lot older than me though as my crush is anthony hopkins . I am more attracted to older men. Simular with ladies but i will reitterate that if the chemistry is there age within reason is not a barrier for me. John also open to age as long as we all get on during a social meet.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I quite often get told I don't look my age/look good for my age, so I ask people what 46 should look like. They rarely have an answer, I don't think 46 is "old".

I probably dress a little bit more conservatively then I used to, that's probably more of a comfort thing, but I can't see me ever cutting my long hair which was something that always puzzled me. Why people think older women should have shorter hair?

As long as it makes you happy, wear what you want, I love seeing people still being able to express themselves as they get (much) older and often compliment them on it.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"In terms of style and dress, it all depends on the person and the circumstances, in my humble opinion. There are people who keep on rocking as they always have, and they look… well…a bit silly (Madonna, being one), and there are some who haven’t changed their approach to fashion etc and still make it work (JLo).

I can’t wear a mini skirt down the high street anymore, but I could get away with it near the beach on holiday.

Retinol, botox, fillers, cosmetic surgery, and any number of other treatments people use to feel more youthful…if they’ve got the money and the inclination and it makes them feeeeeel better, why not? I’m a huge fan of makeover programmes like Ten Years Younger, more from the perspective that a lot of the people on those shows are able to reclaim some youth and confidence that they had entirely missed out on

But ‘acting’ older? Nah. There’s a time for silliness and a time for being serious, but I don’t think we’re talking about that here. My lovely Grandma was mischievous and young minded to the end, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

And that, is my tuppence worth "

I think you would geat in anything, preferably nothing

over a year ago

"Do you think older people should try to conceal signs of aging, cover up a bit, wear 'age appropriate' clothes and hair ? Should older try to look and behave younger or not?"

I think it's a bit shit that people feel compelled to cover up signs of aging, as if there's no beauty in it. That's not a judgement against those who do, we're all conditioned to believe youth is synonymous with beauty and I'm certainly guilty of feeling dismay when a new wrinkle or sun spot appears.

On the other hand, I've never understood the transition to beige that some older people make, as though reaching retirement means renouncing colour and personality in favour of being respectable. My grandparents were like this.

There's a local woman who makes me smile everytime I happen to see her. Maybe late 60's, early 70's. Gorgeous silver hair in a short funky style, vibrant colours and prints. She hasn't tried to conceal signs of aging and she's still utterly beautiful.

Nell

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I can't wait until I'm old enough to say what's on my mind and get away with it."

I know what's on your mind

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Interesting view points .

I can't reply to each individually but I've read them.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Just keep on being u! I do! I wear what I like do what I like just carry on the same really x

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Do you think older people should try to conceal signs of aging, cover up a bit, wear 'age appropriate' clothes and hair ? Should older try to look and behave younger or not?

I think it's a bit shit that people feel compelled to cover up signs of aging, as if there's no beauty in it. That's not a judgement against those who do, we're all conditioned to believe youth is synonymous with beauty and I'm certainly guilty of feeling dismay when a new wrinkle or sun spot appears.

On the other hand, I've never understood the transition to beige that some older people make, as though reaching retirement means renouncing colour and personality in favour of being respectable. My grandparents were like this.

There's a local woman who makes me smile everytime I happen to see her. Maybe late 60's, early 70's. Gorgeous silver hair in a short funky style, vibrant colours and prints. She hasn't tried to conceal signs of aging and she's still utterly beautiful.

Nell"

Yes I see women like that and think they look great.

We are conditioned to believe youth is the only age that can be beautiful. I don't agree with that at all.

over a year ago

Age is just a number, I don't do anything to conceal my age, I certainly don't dye my hair, but a bit of moisturiser is acceptable... I do keep in shape, but nothing compared to my younger days. I am just growing old disgracefully, my way...

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

So a man and woman in their mid eighties by the pool in Speedo's for him, thong bikini for her?

over a year ago

"So a man and woman in their mid eighties by the pool in Speedo's for him, thong bikini for her?"

If they want to why not!

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"So a man and woman in their mid eighties by the pool in Speedo's for him, thong bikini for her?"

Go for it

over a year ago

That is their choice, their bodies might be trim, or have a little sag. There does need to be attraction, of course, and we are all different and are attracted to different types. They probably wouldn't be for me though...

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a number. Live like a free spirit

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Older people should feel comfortable to do whatever they please within their own state of well-being. Dress up, dress down, make up or remain 'au natural', cover up or bare all, look your age but feel younger or look younger and accept your age.

Whatever you do you're doing it for yourself, your contentment and delight, and not for other people.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"So a man and woman in their mid eighties by the pool in Speedo's for him, thong bikini for her?

If they want to why not! "

You don't think people would look and make comments?

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"I can't wait until I'm old enough to say what's on my mind and get away with it."

Ah yes. I never forget the Xmas dinner when my mum announced to the family I was gay. Worse turkey ever!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"So a man and woman in their mid eighties by the pool in Speedo's for him, thong bikini for her?

Go for it "

. Ordering a thong bikini as we type

over a year ago

I dye my hair otherwise it would be completely grey which I don't like. I also shave my pussy hairs off to get rid of the grey in them. My hair went grey before I was 40 though, so been dying it since then.

As for clothes, I tend to wear what I feel good in. I have lots of bright colours in my wardrobe.

I can't wear high heels though, too uncomfortable and I would likely trip and break a leg or something....

By *unfunfun xMan
over a year ago

LONDON

I use dye for hair and stubble/beard to try look younger so yep I cheat but I do go natural with the grey look too.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple
over a year ago

Neath valley.

That is their choice, their bodies might be trim, or have a little sag. There does need to be attraction, of course, and we are all different and are attracted to different types. They probably wouldn't be for me though..."

I still shag my crush anthony hopkins and he is nearly 40yrs older than me. It's not just the age, it's their character and how their personality projects to. Speedos or not id still jump him

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

This is sparked by a conversation I've just had with a friend who's approaching 60 and thinking she should adjust the way she dresses. I joked with her about a thong bikini and she said she'd put people off their beer. She's a fabulous, willowy blonde, a regular gym goer and to my mind gorgeous. I thought it was a bit sad she felt that way

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"This is sparked by a conversation I've just had with a friend who's approaching 60 and thinking she should adjust the way she dresses. I joked with her about a thong bikini and she said she'd put people off their beer. She's a fabulous, willowy blonde, a regular gym goer and to my mind gorgeous. I thought it was a bit sad she felt that way"

Link to profile please

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"This is sparked by a conversation I've just had with a friend who's approaching 60 and thinking she should adjust the way she dresses. I joked with her about a thong bikini and she said she'd put people off their beer. She's a fabulous, willowy blonde, a regular gym goer and to my mind gorgeous. I thought it was a bit sad she felt that way

Link to profile please "

She's not on fab.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple
over a year ago

Neath valley.

"This is sparked by a conversation I've just had with a friend who's approaching 60 and thinking she should adjust the way she dresses. I joked with her about a thong bikini and she said she'd put people off their beer. She's a fabulous, willowy blonde, a regular gym goer and to my mind gorgeous. I thought it was a bit sad she felt that way"

Send her our way lmao id love to play with older ladies. Jo.

over a year ago

"This is sparked by a conversation I've just had with a friend who's approaching 60 and thinking she should adjust the way she dresses. I joked with her about a thong bikini and she said she'd put people off their beer. She's a fabulous, willowy blonde, a regular gym goer and to my mind gorgeous. I thought it was a bit sad she felt that way

Link to profile please

She's not on fab."

It is sad that people feel they are over the hill just because of age..

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Send her our way lmao id love to play with older ladies. Jo. "

She's not on fab

By *eyeYCouple
over a year ago

Nr Leicester

Sexy is comfortable in your own skin, some stunning folk in their 60's and some car crashes in their 30's..

Attitude and charisma go a long way

over a year ago

"Sexy is comfortable in your own skin, some stunning folk in their 60's and some car crashes in their 30's..

Attitude and charisma go a long way "

Yes...

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Link to profile please

She's not on fab.

It is sad that people feel they are over the hill just because of age.. "

I don't think she feels over the hill as such just that she needs to adjust how she presents herself to the world. I feel that way too sometimes

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Each to their own is my motto, but I know I make adjustments for my age.

Maybe I'm too cautious, but I'm aware of being 'age appropriate' and I wouldn't wear certain things or have my hair cut as short as I did when I was younger, as I would feel silly.

But it's very much what you feel comfortable with individually rather than there being any hard and fast rules, I think.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"age appropriate" clothes ???

what? who gets to decide what is and what isn't???

only thing I try to avoid wearing is other peoples narrow minded judgement on what I put on in the morning or take off at night.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Each to their own is my motto, but I know I make adjustments for my age.

Maybe I'm too cautious, but I'm aware of being 'age appropriate' and I wouldn't wear certain things or have my hair cut as short as I did when I was younger, as I would feel silly.

But it's very much what you feel comfortable with individually rather than there being any hard and fast rules, I think."

I tend to agree with you

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

If they want to why not!

You don't think people would look and make comments?"

I think they would. Do I think they should? No! That’s flat out ageism - “They shouldn’t be in skimpy beach gear because they’re old”

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If they want to why not!

I think they would. Do I think they should? No! That’s flat out ageism - “They shouldn’t be in skimpy beach gear because they’re old”"

But it undeniably exists, no matter how much we say it shouldn't

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Link to profile please

She's not on fab."

Ohhh bugger

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

A fab look thats quite often seen abroad on the beaches, unfortunately not so much seen here, we are uptight

over a year ago

My Age is what it is

Unfortunately to old for probably all the lady’s filters

Age is just a number

High Number I know

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I suppose I’m middle aged, now. Cripes!! Where did that come from?!

For a few years my hair has been going grey and face hair is following quickly behind. Luckily I can confidently report no grey pubies.

I’m not usually a fan at all of clichéd sayings like “Age is just a number”, but I do think it’s valid. As society evolves and we all live longer, life’s stages will elongate or occur later. So, if you want to grow old disgracefully - bloody do it! And bollocks to anyone who says otherwise.

I won’t be dying my hair purple and buying a Harley Davidson, but I also won’t be turning slowly beige.

On a few recent occasions I have looked at the skin around my face and pondered the topic of a facelift. Every fibre of my being is fighting it because I’m not vain, but then I think why not?

And I am still properly silly. I refuse to take life seriously because it’s too much fun to joke around and play pranks. I will be doing silly things and telling crap jokes into my nineties.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Age isn't just a number. I can appreciate the sentiment behind it, agree with it to a certain extent but it's not.

In terms of older people...

I'm going to sod it to diplomacy, might as well type how I feel. I don't think there's a particular way of dressing younger. If you've got the legs for it, wear that miniskirt. Those thigh highs. I mean, choose your occasion yes. But fashion is about doing what makes you happy. Even with hair. Why are fat women and older women told to cut their hair? No. Long grey hair is beautiful.

I think there's a different kind of beauty that comes from a person as they age. They're generally more comfortable with who they are, the experiences of their life leaves little traces on their face. They seem more... content? In themselves. Less trying to please others. I like that.

When people say 'oh I might be 60 but I feel 25'. Or 'oh people always tell me I look at least ten years younger'.

Fuck, no, Sue, please don't.

People look their age. It might be a less battered 60 but you look 60. You might look good, that's not despite your age. Oh yeah - that sort of compliment is crap isn't it?

'You look really good for 60, I'm surprised you've not grown warts and turned green.' That's what they're saying.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would reach the age I now am i.e.83, I wear what I feel comfortable in not what people think I should wear.

I do what I want not what people think I should do at my age.

I am currently seeking to buy a Mazda MX5 roadster and my daughter and son in law are giving me grief about me being too old for that type of car.

In my case how I live in my old age is currently being dictated to by my ongoing health issues, I have good days and bad days but just have to put them to the back of my mind and get on with doing what I want to do.

Still targeting 100 then I will be outside everyone ones Fab age parameters.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It's more than a number in terms of the people I'd meet or go out with if i was single.

However, I do think people can dress how they choose and some older people look fanstastic.I think it can depend on the individual& their style.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If they want to why not!

I think they would. Do I think they should? No! That’s flat out ageism - “They shouldn’t be in skimpy beach gear because they’re old”"

But it undeniably exists, no matter how much we say it shouldn't

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Sadly its not just a number is it? Its real? See if your 10 year old dog is as sprightly as your 1 year old dog.

Deal with it how you feel best. If pretending it isnt a real thing helps folk enjoy their lives... Good for them. Equally... If accepting its happening helps... Good for them.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Age isn't just a number. I can appreciate the sentiment behind it, agree with it to a certain extent but it's not.

In terms of older people...

I'm going to sod it to diplomacy, might as well type how I feel. I don't think there's a particular way of dressing younger. If you've got the legs for it, wear that miniskirt. Those thigh highs. I mean, choose your occasion yes. But fashion is about doing what makes you happy. Even with hair. Why are fat women and older women told to cut their hair? No. Long grey hair is beautiful.

I think there's a different kind of beauty that comes from a person as they age. They're generally more comfortable with who they are, the experiences of their life leaves little traces on their face. They seem more... content? In themselves. Less trying to please others. I like that.

When people say 'oh I might be 60 but I feel 25'. Or 'oh people always tell me I look at least ten years younger'.

Fuck, no, Sue, please don't.

People look their age. It might be a less battered 60 but you look 60. You might look good, that's not despite your age. Oh yeah - that sort of compliment is crap isn't it?

'You look really good for 60, I'm surprised you've not grown warts and turned green.' That's what they're saying.

"

I agree

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes

People shouldn't stop doing things they've enjoyed doing or want to try just because of the age.. it's irrelevant and should continue, you only have one life If it makes you feel happy

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would reach the age I now am i.e.83, I wear what I feel comfortable in not what people think I should wear.

I do what I want not what people think I should do at my age.

I am currently seeking to buy a Mazda MX5 roadster and my daughter and son in law are giving me grief about me being too old for that type of car.

In my case how I live in my old age is currently being dictated to by my ongoing health issues, I have good days and bad days but just have to put them to the back of my mind and get on with doing what I want to do.

Still targeting 100 then I will be outside everyone ones Fab age parameters. "

Aim high Tarkus!

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I just saw a squirrel run into my garden and got excited. I don't know what maturity is but if it's losing that I'm not sold on the concept.

It can be difficult not to comply with social conventions in certain situations though.

Maturity involves being excited by squirrels I think. "

True what is and what ought to be often don't align.

I was an incredibly mature 5 year old then lol

over a year ago

Make up doesn’t work on feet

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

If they want to why not!

Of course no-one should criticise anyone else's fashion choices. Personal choice and all that.

But this is where self-regulation comes in for me. I accept that certain things won't look as good on my older body than they might have done when I was younger and adapt - for me, looking like I was trying to hang on to my inner 20yo would be the worst of all worlds.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Make up doesn’t work on feet "

There just HAS to be YouTube tutorial somewhere

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If they want to why not!

I think they would. Do I think they should? No! That’s flat out ageism - “They shouldn’t be in skimpy beach gear because they’re old”

Of course no-one should criticise anyone else's fashion choices. Personal choice and all that.

But this is where self-regulation comes in for me. I accept that certain things won't look as good on my older body than they might have done when I was younger and adapt - for me, looking like I was trying to hang on to my inner 20yo would be the worst of all worlds.

"

Here's the thing though. Is it trying to hang on to youth or wearing something because you like it?

By *Cocksucker84Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Age is definitely just a number, and it's down to personal choice but at 38, I do especially feel sorry for younger people who use social media influencers as a litmus test of how they think their lives should be going, what they should look like and what their goals should be in life. I guess it's also ironic to point this out on a social media site of sorts but it really puts pressure on people who think they're not where they should be. I know girls in their early twenties who are using fillers and getting cosmetic treatment done when their skin is at the best it will probably ever be. I wouldn't say anything to them about their choices but if they feel the need to do it at such a young age then how do you then keep up with all of that as you get older? Similarly, where I might not choose to dress like a 20-year old myself, we should wear and style ourselves in a way that makes us feel as confident as we can. If it isn't hurting anyone else then why does it matter? On the whole (though not always) I think men are let off the hook far more easily. A lot of straight women and gay men for example like grey hair on a man, whereas women would be probably judged more on that.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

If they want to why not!

Here's the thing though. Is it trying to hang on to youth or wearing something because you like it?"

True. I guess only the person would know, and no-one should feel pressured into *not* wearing something!!

over a year ago

Link to profile please

She's not on fab.

I don't think she feels over the hill as such just that she needs to adjust how she presents herself to the world. I feel that way too sometimes "

But should we conform to what society dictates, just based on age and not on other factors... Reading what you say about your friend, she has nothing to worry about and shouldn't conform to type, looking at your profile, neither should you

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Link to profile please

She's not on fab.

I don't think she feels over the hill as such just that she needs to adjust how she presents herself to the world. I feel that way too sometimes

But should we conform to what society dictates, just based on age and not on other factors... Reading what you say about your friend, she has nothing to worry about and shouldn't conform to type, looking at your profile, neither should you

"

We conform to society's dictates on so many things some of which are actually useful. It's quite difficult to be the only person looking or behaving a certain way when you know other people are looking askance

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"For me ages is just a number some people are born old.Its also about how you feel not how you look."

Oh and I feel 75 at the moment

over a year ago

If they want to why not!

You don't think people would look and make comments?"

That's the people making the comments problem and judgement ... tbh I doubt the people on their 80s would care

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Interesting. My mum is 78 and still wears skinny jeans and pretty little sundresses and looks good in them.

I've been dying my hair since I was 12 and for the first time in my.life I'm growing my hair out to its natural colour. I have very little grey coming through and want to see what I look like natural. I may go back to dying it again.

But do what you like it's none else's business

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Hmm it's only recently I've started to feel and look older I think. I have two white go faster stripes above each ear. Which I've decided to live with, instead of reaching for the hair dye. But the biggest thing is I've started a new dance class where the majority of the class are under 30. And it's a kind of sexy one, so think fishnets, kinckers and bra etc. And though everyone is supportive, the amount of comments I get about how brave I am etc. I'm only prancing about in heels and underwear. Dread to think what they'd think of some of the photos I post on here

over a year ago

I turn 6O this year and am not going to be dressing differently. There's no need to start wearing crimplene Norah Batty tights and old lady bloomers, until one goes into the nursing home xx

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I turn 6O this year and am not going to be dressing differently. There's no need to start wearing crimplene Norah Batty tights and old lady bloomers, until one goes into the nursing home xx"

Why not? Pwoarr!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If they want to why not!

That's the people making the comments problem and judgement ... tbh I doubt the people on their 80s would care "

That's interesting that you doubt people in their 80s would care. People often say that you care less for others opinions as you get older but I think it takes a very strong stomach to completely disregard them.

Post new Message to Thread