Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Confident

Jump to newest

By *rincessPuddleDuck OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nowhere

Do you think you're confident?

Can you tell if someone is confident or if they're unsure of themselves?

.•°°

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Yes to both

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

No to both

By *olly SwallowsTV/TS
over a year ago

Sexville

I am confident in some aspects but not on others. I think people see me as a confident person which I like.

As I am sure is the same with many others though, I still have insecurities that I hide!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am. And people can’t always tell.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes

&

Yes

over a year ago

Generally, I'm confident, though recognise where I lack such.

Recognising confidence/a lack of/arrogance in others can often be easy.

over a year ago

It's a funny thing. I can fake it quite easily.

Often people would never know.

However underneath I really struggle with my confidence.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

In most areas of my life I am confident. I have some insecurities and tender spots, imposter syndrome sets in at times, but in other areas my confidence makes me fearless.

over a year ago

I'm confident in areas I'm confident in and not confident in areas I need more practice in ... basically I come across as confident because I have a quiet life doing things I like doing

If that makes sense? Sounded better before I wrote it

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
over a year ago

Beverley

I'm confident in things I know/think I can do and not so confident with the opposite

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Do you think you're confident?

.•°°"

I’m a confident guy except in situations where I don’t feel I fit in yet. As long as I feel comfortable with being there and that I belong, I’m all good.

As for impressions, yes, I think I can easily tell when someone is nervous. I like to help by breaking the ice, chatting about them and introducing them to others. It’s how I’d like to be treated.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm confident in many situations but lack it in some

over a year ago

What are we talking about? I’m confident I can give you a hard time if you challenge me at any sports.

And I can tell the difference between arrogance and confidence. Being a flash cunt, means nothing to me.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm not a very confident person at all really... pretty timid in the real world

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Not confident at all although people often think I am. I'm a fake it til I make it type on that front

over a year ago

"Do you think you're confident?

.•°°"

It's difficult to tell either way purely from online personal.

I know I like to present as a brash (sometimes over) confident gobshite but in reality I am a complex Web of insecurities

By *akingMemoriesMan
over a year ago

Toronto

I’m confident in things I’m used to doing, though less confident with new things. I’d say I’ve got a pretty good poker face though.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Yes, I'm confident but every once in a while I need some assurance.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Overall I'm generally confident. I know who I am and where my strengths are and I'm genuinely happy with who I am as a person. And I'm happy to express that openly on the whole.

But sometimes I get those nervous little crush butterflies that make me all weird and shy towards certain individuals.

over a year ago

I'm good at faking confidence.

over a year ago

Yes to both

Fine line between confidence

And been arse

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

In some areas, not so much confident but quietly self assured. I know I'm quite good but I also know I have so much more to learn. There are people far more skilled than I am.

Physically? It changes. Sometimes I catch glimpses of myself and think, you'll do Meli, you'll do. And that makes me happy.

Overall? I'm quite secure in who I am. There are things that trigger those moments of self doubt. Like the hormonal changes (my body clearly isn't a fan of the female hormones). Other situations. Like if I have a crush. Or I'm in a bad place. The latter days are far fewer now.

I don't think I want to be confident. Not that I don't find confident in others attractive. I do. Really do. I think I just want to be comfortable in me. All of me. All of the time.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I have confidence in "this is me, deal with it". I have a quiet and subtle confidence. I'm not scared to be myself even though I am unsure if people like me or not.

I'm not somebody who will attempt or even succeed in commanding the attention of a room, nor do I want to.

I don't have blind confidence, I have doubts, weaknesses and fears but I'm confident in the acknowledgement of them and in my way of navigating them.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I’ve been interviewing at work for the last couple of weeks and it’s really interesting to see people who are nervous at the start, you can delve into different areas of what they do or what they enjoy and suddenly something clicks and they can talk confidently about it.

I really enjoy seeing people come alive about a subject and be eloquent and passionate about it. Almost doesn’t matter what it is.

I don’t think anyone is confident in every part of themselves; if they are it’s misplaced which isn’t attractive.

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I come across confident and AM reasonably confident. Until I'm facing someone that I actually really fancy or find intimidating in their greater life experiences. Then I'm less confident internally whilst still feigning confidence.

I can't say that I think about whether other people are feeling confident or not. Most people act a part in different situations and will be more at home in one place or another. I can tell on dates but that's just a snippet of someone in an awkward situation.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Confident most of the time .

But everybody finds themself in situations where they are less so.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

I'm comfortable being who I am.

Some people call that confidence. Not sure that's true.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Not really, I'm confident in some aspects, my work and such but in general not so much.

Mrs

over a year ago

I'm not confident, but it's fairly easy to spot if others are.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

"I'm not confident, but it's fairly easy to spot if others are. "

What's your secret?

I am obviously terrible at spotting it, because I saw your posts on the Bud light thread and thought you seemed confident.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

I’m confident in familiar surroundings and when I know what I’m talking about, put me in a room full of strangers as someone’s plus one and you wouldn’t even know I was there

over a year ago

"I'm not confident, but it's fairly easy to spot if others are.

What's your secret?

I am obviously terrible at spotting it, because I saw your posts on the Bud light thread and thought you seemed confident."

I guess I pay attention to the details people share. A private conversation with me would quickly reveal that I'm not a confident woman. But I will argue my corner because I've spent years forcing myself to stand up to people. I think you have to be a strong woman to be on some forums and not get pushed around.

over a year ago

On here I’m new so trying to be but I don’t want to come across as too confident or it comes across wrong and gets mistaken for a big ego.

In anything else in life , yes I’m confident but as much as is needed without having an ego.

So yeah confident but with a balance

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

I am fairly confident, yes.

Sometimes I come over badly though, which is a lifelong challenge

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

"I'm not confident, but it's fairly easy to spot if others are.

What's your secret?

I am obviously terrible at spotting it, because I saw your posts on the Bud light thread and thought you seemed confident.

I guess I pay attention to the details people share. A private conversation with me would quickly reveal that I'm not a confident woman. But I will argue my corner because I've spent years forcing myself to stand up to people. I think you have to be a strong woman to be on some forums and not get pushed around. "

That sounds like courage and self-respect to me.

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

Yes and yes

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes I'm confident even when I'm unwell I'm still confident in knowing who I am. I'm very confident in public and I see others confidence even if they can't see it themselves. I like quietly confident people

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Like many here, I'm confident in my areas of expertise, and since those include many situations where people often lack confidence (public speaking, making decisions, being in the bedroom, etc) I think that might make me seem more broadly confident than I really am. And a huge part of my work - an aspect I love - is helping to give young people the tools to recognise and develop the skills and knowledge that are the basis of self-assured confidence.

I am usually decent at spotting those brashly over-confident people who are hiding insecurities.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I am fairly confident, yes.

Sometimes I come over badly though, which is a lifelong challenge "

When your inner phoenix comes out to play you mean x

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

Yes, but I don't like demonstrating it, because then you're expected to lead, so I prefer not to demonstrate it.

And yes, I find it very easy to spot lack of confidence in others, even when they fake confidence. There are so many psychological "tells", be it verbal or body language. In fact 80% of the tells are "non-verbal".

over a year ago

Yes, I am confident in myself.

It's also easy to tell when someone's not confident in themselves. The ones who talk most about other people or get in snide remarks to put others down are often the most insecure in themselves.

over a year ago

I'm not confident at all.

There I said it

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Yes and yes.

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman